Which Nin Tp Set?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Which Nin Tp Set?
Which Nin Tp Set?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 01:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

oh oh....ok, i definitely misunderstood ya there with the food argument... ok. Aren't those buns like MAD expensive? why not use bison steaks? I know they aren't like wtfomg amazing, but they are damn sure cheaper and not really that bad lol
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 01:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
oh oh....ok, i definitely misunderstood ya there with the food argument... ok. Aren't those buns like MAD expensive? why not use bison steaks? I know they aren't like wtfomg amazing, but they are damn sure cheaper and not really that bad lol

60-80k per stack, which honestly is not that expensive. You could also use Hydra kofte to reach the same effect on a 3hour food.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 01:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, to me that always seemed like quite a bit, considering how easily one can die on a slip up *shrug*...true though about that hydra food
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 01:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As Kirana said, it's not that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Poor people will be poor, but if you're having this kind of a discussion price shouldn't be holding you back. For the record, I hold Yellow Curry Buns when I know I might die soon or am farming TW's.

The problem with kofte is that it's 20% and reaching 750 attack without food is pretty frickin hard even in abyssea.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 01:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On Shiva two koftes (six hours, equal to a stack of rcb) cost 50k. This compared to 60-65k for rcb. You're paying for the defense on the Kofte which could come in handy, but not when we're talking about straight dot.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 02:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem with kofte is the hidden effect: you will die before 3 hours have passed. >_>
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-08 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I am wrong, but the debate at the moment is Full Iga+2, as opposed to mix and match. Wearing just Iga+2 will not give you much insight on anything, seeing as haste gets better as you stack on more.

I will go do a test on the same thing, and see what I get.

Edit: All of them are taken -.- Will try later I guess.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 11:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the debate at the moment is Full Iga+2, as opposed to mix and match. Wearing just Iga+2 will not give you much insight on anything, seeing as haste gets better as you stack on more.

I think he's just trying to parse the set bonus proc rate.

As for kparser, the multiattacks tab is very buggy. First of all, it will not be able to tell the difference between set bonus procs and normal double attacks. Second of all, if you are swinging too fast it will not be able to tell the difference between one attack round and the next (which is why it thinks you were triple/quadruple attacking). If you want to parse the set bonus proc rate with kparser you will have to make sure you have 0% double attack, and dual wield some high delay weapons.

edit: the kick attacks thing is just there in case you happen to be parseing it for monk. All it does it count the number of rounds with +1 attack, and assumes they are kicks. In fact, seeing as the set bonus works just like kick attacks, the "kick attacks" section will give you the proper proc rate.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Hyakuu 2011-06-08 12:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

Edit: All of them are taken -.- Will try later I guess.

Late to the thread, but since when did capped haste become unimportant?

Seeing a lot of NINs tp in 5/5, most have Kannagi, but that's not saying much, much like the 6 hit Masamune & 8 hit Caladbolg owners on this server.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 18:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

I think he's just trying to parse the set bonus proc rate.

As for kparser, the multiattacks tab is very buggy. First of all, it will not be able to tell the difference between set bonus procs and normal double attacks. Second of all, if you are swinging too fast it will not be able to tell the difference between one attack round and the next (which is why it thinks you were triple/quadruple attacking). If you want to parse the set bonus proc rate with kparser you will have to make sure you have 0% double attack, and dual wield some high delay weapons.

edit: the kick attacks thing is just there in case you happen to be parseing it for monk. All it does it count the number of rounds with +1 attack, and assumes they are kicks. In fact, seeing as the set bonus works just like kick attacks, the "kick attacks" section will give you the proper proc rate.

So does that mean set proc rate is around 10%? kick is showing 12% but i assume around 10 is right? Also yes just trying to get a proper read on set bonus is all atm.
If you had parsed it correctly, the kick attacks would be showing the actual proc rate of the set bonus. However, because of how fast you were attacking, the parser screwed up and misscounted attack rounds. The data you gathered is possibly far off from correct.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-08 18:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Best approach for gathering data with kparser is to use high delay weapons, since it reads off the log and thus potentially sees rounds overlap. Offhanding the stage 1 relic katana would be perfect for separating attack rounds.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-06-08 19:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it or not. The best tp set is what you have on your 2nd set.. but with usu feet.
 Ifrit.Herc
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-02 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanna know from the. Peanut gallery if this is a good tp set up or if anyone reccomends any changes.

Iga+2/iga neck/suppa/brutal
AF1 chainmail/dusk/eponas/rajas
Atheling/twilight belt/iga+2/iga+2

I believe im actually 27% so one over...so any suggestions or just roll with this?
PS: i aimed for ocelot...0/4 with blue !! and th9 so i just gave up...is ocelot really worth it?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-02 15:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Herc said:
I just wanna know from the. Peanut gallery if this is a good tp set up or if anyone reccomends any changes.

I believe im actually 27% so one over...so any suggestions or just roll with this?
PS: i aimed for ocelot...0/4 with blue !! and th9 so i just gave up...is ocelot really worth it?
Nope. Good Benthic Typhoon piece, otherwise, not really.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-07-02 16:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Herc said:

Dusk +1 and either Byakko's Haidate with Crit damage augment, or Usu boots would be better.
 Ifrit.Herc
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-02 17:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Ifrit.Herc said:

Dusk +1 and either Byakko's Haidate with Crit damage augment, or Usu boots would be better.
Ok cool...thx ill aim to get some byakko tatters than since salvage is kinda outta the question.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-08-19 22:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of making a new thread ...

I'm no career NIN, just a farming job and to help friends if need be.

Currently using this set:

I don't have access to full +2 yet, or Usu feet and I'm slightly over Haste cap but don't see many other obvious options. Would Loki body be better than NIN chainmail? I'm showing slightly higher numbers in FFXI-Calc with Loki's (not counting it's +crit/DEX/AGI bonuses).

Set with chainmail gives me:
Time to 100% TP after a 3-hit WS: 49.98 seconds @ 4.4tp/hit (21 hits + Jin)

With Loki's:
Time to 100% TP after a 3-hit WS: 49.78 seconds @ 4.8 tp/hit (19 hits + Jin)

So am I'm reading it correctly and I should be TP'ing in Loki's instead of chainmail? It's 0.2s faster to 100 TP and has +crit damage plus +11DEX/AGI. Finally got it last week after being only 1/24 on Turul, and getting out-lotted twice.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-19 22:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin. Chainmail +1 is a straight 10% increase in attack speed with trait + Iga Zukin +2 + Suppa, so there's a lot more to it than just increased TP gain. Chainmail with no BRD, Loki's with haste + marches until you get Iga +2 (and after if cRatio capped).
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-08-19 23:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought ffxi-calc took into account the +dual wield from chainmail, or at least it seems to for me. My attack time gets faster when I put it on. If not my numbers above are off then.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-08-19 23:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pure Math:
Dual wield: 35% from trait, 5% from suppa, 5% +2 head, 5% chainmail
Haste: 25% gear, 15% spell - No marches are assumed

New delay = Old delay * (1-DW) * (1-Haste)

Without chainmail: New delay = Old * (1-.45) * (1-.4) = Old * .33
With chainmail: New delay = Old * (1-.5) * (1-.4) = Old * .3

As mentioned, you attack roughly 10% slower with Loki's on over chainmail. Going from 19 to 21 is, roughly, a 10% difference. So in the end you're increasing your dot hit damage by 10% with a negligible difference in ws frequency.
Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
I'm showing slightly higher numbers in FFXI-Calc with Loki's (not counting it's +crit/DEX/AGI bonuses).

By "higher numbers" do you mean you WS faster or does ffxi calc give you a DOT rating? Ninja is close to a 70:30 dot:ws ratio when it comes to overall damage - so it isn't as important to build around ws's like you do with 2h melees. If you're getting a higher overall damage rating, I have no idea how.
 Shiva.Narkash
user: Narkash
By Shiva.Narkash 2011-08-20 01:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh, idk how to put on gear sets here

but it seems that having 22% haste and nusku's sash will outdo 26% w/ twilight...according to FFXIcalc
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-20 01:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

brb composing 4 hit tactical parry build with new update np
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-20 02:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Narkash said: »
ugh, idk how to put on gear sets here

but it seems that having 22% haste and nusku's sash will outdo 26% w/ twilight...according to FFXIcalc

I was always under the impression nusku's builds were only under low haste situations.... please correct me if i'm wrong here
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-20 03:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nusku's sash is horrible, I can't think of a situation I'd ever want to use one in.

Well I did think about somehow making it into a hybrid set then couldn't figure out how to make it worth using...
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-20 03:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't be surprised, it probably favors whichever you have more of (dw or haste). low haste situations sounds right.