Which Nin Tp Set?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Which Nin Tp Set?
Which Nin Tp Set?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-08 00:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What it comes down to is, skill will never increase your DoT.

Do not use full +2, ever.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 00:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

There are several situations in which ningi+2 will beat chainmail, and not everyone has usu feet to play with, making +2 feet worthwhile.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-08 00:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

There are several situations in which ningi+2 will beat chainmail, and not everyone has usu feet to play with, making +2 feet worthwhile.
I don't see how that makes full +2 good. +2 body is good when receiving haste and march. But even still, you will be using Dusk/Ocelot hands. There is no reason to ever be under 26% haste on NIN, ever.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 00:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

I don't see how that makes full +2 good. +2 body is good when receiving haste and march. But even still, you will be using Dusk/Ocelot hands. There is no reason to ever be under 26% haste on NIN, ever.
The gains from 25-26% haste are extremely small, and probably beaten by having the full set bonus. You can hit 25% haste with full set. There are also many situations outside abyssea where dDex or acc will not be capped, which favors the use of both +2 body and hands.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-08 00:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just use +1 Dusk and Byakko's. Just because it has a blue box, does not mean it is the best to use. People need to get over this mentality.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-08 00:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

dusk+1 and byakko's will still give less accuracy than +2.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-08 00:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
dusk+1 and byakko's will still give less accuracy than +2.
I was talking about dDex, not Acc.

Sylph.Nikia said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Or just use +1 Dusk and Byakko's. Just because it has a blue box, does not mean it is the best to use. People need to get over this mentality.

It isnt the blue box that makes me want it, it is all the stats that you get. such as tactical parry which does help some even if a small amount as well as DA rate.
I just asked on BG and no one knows yet it seems but I thought i recall seeing that Iga set is 10%DA? each item being 2% then??
If that is remotely true then I have trouble seeing my TP gain being that far behind a DW/haste set. Again i could be mistaken so dont get all hardcore hateful if i am.
No hating seeing as I don't know the math behind it. But a golden rule in this game seems to be haste > all. I tend to stick by this, and am very rarely outparsed.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-08 00:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

It isnt the blue box that makes me want it, it is all the stats that you get. such as tactical parry which does help some even if a small amount as well as DA rate.
I just asked on BG and no one knows yet it seems but I thought i recall seeing that Iga set is 10%DA? each item being 2% then??
If that is remotely true then I have trouble seeing my TP gain being that far behind a DW/haste set. Again i could be mistaken so dont get all hardcore hateful if i am.

Pretty sure set procs are 5% with 5/5. Atleast Warrior's is from what I've read about it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-08 00:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:

DoT means nothing if your dead, can't hold hate and running after the enemy to smack it or voking to regain hate. How about having to spam utsu because you didnt debuff it. All small points but if added together will effect DoT. Skill matters and always will.

How does any of that have to do with what you're TPing in?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 00:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

It's believed to be 10% DA on offhand hits only with the full set. It's also believed that the final piece of the set adds a much greater portion of that bonus, so with 4/5 you'd have probably 3-4% DA rate.

As for 25 vs 26% haste; with the full af3+2 and tiercel, you get 252/1024 or 254/1024 (not sure of the exact value for the two 7% pieces). That means worst case scenario (if 7% = 70/1024) you are 4/1024 (or ~0.4%) below haste cap. If 7% = 71/1024 (which I think is more likely due to the other known values) you'd be 2/1024 (or ~0.2%) below haste cap.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 00:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah uh... you deserve to burn for tossing aside +2 head. That thing is quite possibly the single most valuable piece of gear that ninjas have.

Full +2 has use against some high-end NM's. Using RCB and:

I found my accuracy kind of lame against Bennu, Orthrus, and even Shaula. Switching to:

Gives you 35-40 accuracy and there definitely was a noticeable difference.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 00:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Sylph.Nikia said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

Pretty sure set procs are 5% with 5/5. Atleast Warrior's is from what I've read about it.
I thought I saw a parse before showing 10% on full war +2. I honestly haven't seen many decent parses on set bonuses, but most that I have seen concluded 10%.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-06-08 00:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
Yeah uh... you deserve to burn for tossing aside +2 head. That thing is quite possibly the single most valuable piece of gear that ninjas have.

Full +2 has use against some high-end NM's. Using RCB and:

I found my accuracy kind of lame against Bennu, Orthrus, and even Shaula. Switching to:

Gives you 35-40 accuracy and there definitely was a noticeable difference.
No one tossed aside +2 head? At all? And if you need more accuracy, use food. Use Stalwarts, use Innin, use Agg. No reason to have low Acc.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-08 01:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sylph.Nikia said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

It's believed to be 10% DA on offhand hits only with the full set. It's also believed that the final piece of the set adds a much greater portion of that bonus, so with 4/5 you'd have probably 3-4% DA rate.

As for 25 vs 26% haste; with the full af3+2 and tiercel, you get 252/1024 or 254/1024 (not sure of the exact value for the two 7% pieces). That means worst case scenario (if 7% = 70/1024) you are 4/1024 (or ~0.4%) below haste cap. If 7% = 71/1024 (which I think is more likely due to the other known values) you'd be 2/1024 (or ~0.2%) below haste cap.

I would love to see a practical parse showing TP race to 100% VS the Full+2 set and Mixed set. I cant do it since i dont have usu feet, however I imagine the true real world difference is small and would depend of other factors like JA/spell usage for example.
I have no doubt that the difference between the 2 sets is extremely small. A simple race to 100% TP would not give enough information. What we need is a mob with tons of HP that doesn't fight back in order to run a timed parse between the two so we can compare tp gain, attack frequency, etc. with a large data set.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 01:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
No one tossed aside +2 head? At all? And if you need more accuracy, use food. Use Stalwarts, use Innin, use Agg. No reason to have low Acc.

Let's take a look at the OP's first set.

I see a Zelus over +2 head.

As to using food, that's your choice. I don't know the numbers, but I find 150 attack extremely useful - especially against those high end mobs. As someone who lowman multiboxes everything, I don't have a stalwarts to burn everytime I want to do a NM. Ok so let's say you use Innin and Aggressor, I highly doubt you'll be at the eva cap before OR after so you'll be having to recast shadows more often. Again, no math, but you have to admit all that extra casting will hurt your DOT.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 01:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Msthief, as far as the OP disregarding the AF3+2 head, about 4 posts or so down he said "oh i didn't know that it enhanced DW as well....question answered" (or something to that affect... so that might be a lil moot at this point. I think we all agree that the AF3+2 head is pretty darn beastly, even in a mixed set
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-08 01:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:

As to using food, that's your choice. I don't know the numbers, but I find 150 attack extremely useful - especially against those high end mobs. As someone who lowman multiboxes everything, I don't have a stalwarts to burn everytime I want to do a NM. Ok so let's say you use Innin and Aggressor, I highly doubt you'll be at the eva cap before OR after so you'll be having to recast shadows more often. Again, no math, but you have to admit all that extra casting will hurt your DOT.

Should never give up gear slots for something you could get from food.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 01:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

I think that's overly simplistic. 150 attack is still 150 attack whether it comes from food or gear and is particularly useful when you're dealing with the NM's we have acc issues on.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-08 01:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

I think that's overly simplistic. 150 attack is still 150 attack whether it comes from food or gear and is particularly useful when you're dealing with the NM's we have acc issues on.

Was speaking in regards to accuracy, sorry kinda tired atm. If you're changing gear to fix accuracy issues, you're probably going to have accuracy issues on your WS's too. You could change sets around for that too, I guess. But that'd still be a huge drop in damage. When you could use accuracy food (read: Pizza) and keep your sets the same way with basicly same results, etc.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-08 01:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

do you really get 150 att from pizza? (is that the food in question here?) why wouldnt you use pizza or sole sushi on a mob you're having acc issues on in the first place? I'm thoroughly confused now lol
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-08 01:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

4 hours

HP +25
Attack +21% (55 cap)
Accuracy +11%
Marinara Pizza +1. Not as much attack as other foods but if you have accuracy issues it's the best damn thing around<3
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 01:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Curry Buns give 150 attack, I think you might be 130-140 without zerk but 150 sounds better :). The "unknown" amount from ws gorget and belt has been enough (anecdotally).
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-08 01:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Eikechi: The discussion is about whether or not you should change a few gear pieces around and get 100 more attack or pop a different food.