How High Can You Jump?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » How high can you jump?
How high can you jump?
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-19 13:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahoy fellow Deagoons! Been thinking recently about jump stuff. How do you build up your jumps for best performance? This is my set atm, but curious about upgrades.

Im thinking of those new dbl/triple attack legs to replace Ares's flanchard, but i'm also curious about the jingang greaves. You think the 1% dbl att on those would out do the jump+ on the af3 feet? Was thinking of homam body for triple attack aswell but decided against it due to Stp and att on Askar body. So, What do you all suggest to make it better? ^^
 Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper
Server: Gilgamesh
user: MrReapper
By Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper 2011-05-19 14:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, i'll take off the ares legs. Your af3 +2 gives at least a bonus of 10% of your dmg. Since it's crit bonus +10%, and as you know, your jumps are always crits.
Not even talking about the "enhance soul jump", I'm not sure of what it does. I can't see your head piece neck piece ear 2 ring 2 ammo and weapon.
I'd use Rajah as the second ring, and keen ring for the other ring. During jump, 1 str is just 0.75 attack, assuming you're fSTR is capped in abyssea. Outside, i'd still go for attack > str during jumps.
I'm using body +2 for jump, mainly for the attack and the store tp, not like you ever need acc.
I'm using Twilight helm, 20/25 atk (icr exactly) is still a nice boost of dmg. You can also use that helm from the expansion cristal thing with crit dmg+, if you don't have anything else.
Love torque for neck, or that nex PCC neck, can't remember the name.
So one main change >> the legs.

Hope it helped.
 Ragnarok.Faneelk
user: Faneelk
By Ragnarok.Faneelk 2011-05-19 17:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

VIT doesn't have an effect on Spirit Jump or Soul Jump, so Spiral Ring is out.
You'll also be needing more Attack than STR in Abyssean situations with your fSTR capped and all, so it'd be better to use Keen Ring over a Spiral.
You also won't be needing the Store TP from Askar, the AFv3 Jump bonus takes care of that.
By Artemicion 2011-05-19 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question but: Does triple/double attack still apply to Soul/Spirit Jump?
 Ragnarok.Faneelk
By Ragnarok.Faneelk 2011-05-19 17:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Faneelk
By Ragnarok.Faneelk 2011-05-19 17:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm, I didn't take account for any of the new gear with that set I made. Just built what I considered to be optimal and somewhat reasonable with all of the old gear.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2011-05-23 05:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Assuming it goes down in price, would Demonry ring do better than Keen inside Abys? Outside abys?

[was figuring yes, but just shining a light on it]

Wouldn't you need Triple attack for that ring to do anything? If that's the case, I'd say yes, it would be better.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2011-05-23 06:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Wynnia said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Assuming it goes down in price, would Demonry ring do better than Keen inside Abys? Outside abys?

[was figuring yes, but just shining a light on it]

Wouldn't you need Triple attack for that ring to do anything? If that's the case, I'd say yes, it would be better.
Apoc atma duh lol
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-05-24 11:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Your fSTR isn't capped in Abyssea if you're using RR SS Apoc.

It seems to only be capped when you're using VV if anything. And chances are you won't cap fSTR on higher end monsters like Dragua or any of the Wyrm Families, Hedjedjet and w/e.

If your Wyvern is present you're also better off jumping in full af3+2, since the jumps are critical beefing up your attack won't have much of an impact, and def not as much of an impact as a double damage proc.

Waiting to see some math on the effectiveness of: RR VV SS, it's a power house for sure. One which I've actually found to be very consistent versus RR SS Apoc.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-24 11:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ahoy fellow Deagoons! Been thinking recently about jump stuff. How do you build up your jumps for best performance? This is my set atm, but curious about upgrades. Im thinking of those new dbl/triple attack legs to replace Ares's flanchard, but i'm also curious about the jingang greaves. You think the 1% dbl att on those would out do the jump+ on the af3 feet? Was thinking of homam body for triple attack aswell but decided against it due to Stp and att on Askar body. So, What do you all suggest to make it better? ^^

That's pretty close to what I'm using (aside from the 7-hit build <3)

This set doesn't account for the new pants (which i'd have to own to be able to test).
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-05-24 13:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this:

I've seen some pretty gargantuan jump numbers when AF3+2 set procs, but sadly the rate is pretty meh :(
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-05-24 13:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can slam dunk plus some if need be (however, I'm also 6'4 so I'm already cheating), how high can you jump you say?
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-05-24 13:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a shame they don't beef old Jump up. It does pretty nicely in Abyssea due to all the VIT. Doesn't compare to a hot Spirit Jump but yeah...

If you aren't aiming for a 5 hit, Brave Grip is a pretty nice increase to WS, Crits and Jumps btw.

+3.5%

SS+RR+Lncr. Pants+Brave = 73.5% Critical Hit Damage increase. Be nice if we had more pieces we could use for a higher %.

As for AF3+2, I'd say the proc rate is fairly decent, especially on Jumps. Just have to keep your Wyvern's HP at 100%.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-05-24 13:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said:
I can slam dunk plus some if need be (however, I'm also 6'4 so I'm already cheating), how high can you jump you say?
I knew someone would make me lol before this thread was over.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Faneelk
By Ragnarok.Faneelk 2011-05-25 16:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mathematically, given that you're:
Under the effect of the spell, Haste
Using Meat Mithkabobs
Weapon skilling the instant you have the required TP
Using the Atma of Apocalypse and Razed Ruin atmas
Using Samurai subjob
Fighting a typical Abyssean EXP mob
Using the shown gear
Under the effect of Hasso
Under the effect of 8 STR merits
Under the effect of cruor buffs enhanced with 3 Abyssites of Furtherances and the Dominion Ops Influence bonus.

Not factoring in:
Possibilty of Regain from VV yielding a higher weapon skill frequency.
Then Sanguine Scythe would win, on higher end monsters like Dragua or any of the Wyrm Families, Hedjedjet and w/e I'd imagine that there would be a shift towards Voracious Violet.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-25 16:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ahoy fellow Deagoons! Been thinking recently about jump stuff. How do you build up your jumps for best performance? This is my set atm, but curious about upgrades. Im thinking of those new dbl/triple attack legs to replace Ares's flanchard, but i'm also curious about the jingang greaves. You think the 1% dbl att on those would out do the jump+ on the af3 feet? Was thinking of homam body for triple attack aswell but decided against it due to Stp and att on Askar body. So, What do you all suggest to make it better? ^^

That's pretty close to what I'm using (aside from the 7-hit build <3)

This set doesn't account for the new pants (which i'd have to own to be able to test).
/shakes fist. Daamn yooouuuu Ashmaaaaaaan!!
But yah, i want the kulk belt and no hop in hell of Noct. Helm nowadays. I like the dbl att stack for outside of abyssea.

Edit: I have no recollection of putting spiral ring in there... :/ Rajas should be there though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2011-07-20 19:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My current jump set:

I find it consistent dmg and lands reliably as well. Spikes of upwards of ~2600 inside abyssea.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [214 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-02-20 01:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of working towards something like this:

heca+1 head with DA+4%
Of course the phorcys feet seem to be ridiculous to get at the moment
and the oneiros ring I put in there because I have 12 MP merits
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-02-20 17:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If your wyvern is out you lose a ton of damage on Jumps by subbing out Lancer's Cuissots +2.

Belt is viable as is neck piece, Ring Slot varies by merit choices.

Hecatomb Cap +1 may damage you more than assist if your melee hit lands.

Body is a decent selection, but not really by all that over Plackart +2.

This wouldn't be half bad for a non-wyvern set up.

Don't forget ODD can happen on jumps.

For non wyvern builds you may want to consider a Rancor/Rancorus item, but those type of builds can be a pain.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-02-21 10:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

When wyverns not out, spirit/soul are just basic attacks with no additional properties. Theres no point in a 'non-wyvern' build because you should just default to Jump and High Jump. Jump will do more damage and requires different gear anyway and high jump does identical damage to wyvernless spirit/soul but has hate reduction.
 Odin.Daemun
Server: Odin
user: daemun
By Odin.Daemun 2012-02-21 10:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

42"
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [156 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-26 16:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recently got into Dragoon, and it's an absolute blast. Wondering what some of you pro DRGs are jumping in these days?

Sorry for the necro! ^^;

This is what I'm currently using, just kinda threw some stuff together, Lancer's Schynbalds +2 for Spirit jump.

Also what should I be gearing for when my wyvern is down, and using regular Jump and High jump? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-07-26 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Just recently got into Dragoon, and it's an absolute blast. Wondering what some of you pro DRGs are jumping in these days?

Sorry for the necro! ^^;

Whyyyyy aren't you happy with the backflips you can do??? :(
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-26 16:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sometimes you just have to mix it up! Hey Tam ^^
 Odin.Airius
Server: Odin
user: Airius
By Odin.Airius 2012-07-26 21:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lilbuttons
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2012-07-26 21:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a 34 inch vertical. :P
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-26 22:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of abby.
By Ophannus 2012-07-27 09:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a nearly identical set save for legs/rings. Don't use Tripulus it's a waste of inventory and 3m gil and the -20 acc will hurt you on anything endgame now a days since acc usually isn't capped anymore on most things. The 5% TA is nice but the -20 acc makes it nothing more than a novelty. You're better off in the long run using Calmecac or AF3+2 pants to be honest. Ambuscade is also another waste of inventory, not worth it for the 1% unless in Legion. Just use a Mars or Tyrants ring for more TP/acc.
First Page 2 3