Dynamis - Nothing drops
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26
 Titan.Shadowsonic
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Tails
By Titan.Shadowsonic 2011-05-17 20:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if you can proc on statues or know what jobs they can be?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-17 20:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Statues don't have jobs. So Im going to go with no unless there's any info on it so far. But if I remember correctly statues don't drop 100's anymore. So it's pointless to proc anyway.
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-18 04:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Just entered Windy with NIN/DNC and BLM duo. Walked out with 54 coins. We'd of had more but we tried to help another group recover from a wipe and wiped ourself. I know many people have confirmed job theory, but not sure if the debate on when procs occur was ended. It definitely seems like it is a percent chance of all your JA's/Spells. Anyone go in solo NIN/WAR and test provoke to see if it's 100%? (assuming 5/5 TEs) If NIN/WAR can proc every time it changes, if not then it's % chance.
It's completely random from my exp thus far. We went to sandy last night got 200~ coins farming random mobs etc. I'd proc with voke on THF/WAR just spamming it and soloing mobs. My sister'd proc nearly everything on DNC with a random JA whenever. She had the most staggers in the group it's just random.
If by random you mean percent chance then yes that is my opinion too. Though it seems like some people have a better chance to proc. For instance I casted magic as NIN about 50-60 times throughout the run on mage mobs, and it proc'd once. The BLM got the rest of them. That being said, stagger rate on mage mobs seems lower.
I more ment random as in anything can proc. We sat there with SMN NM for like, 5minutes trying and it ended up being a spell we casted 6 times already. Same thing with NIN NM, was Provoke after 7 uses.
So percent chance that anything (proper JA MA or WS type per mob) can proc.
I would say DNC is best for JA proc. I have seen that its either Voke or Steps (randomly its Shield Bash).
For Magic proc, i proc'd with bio 14 times as WHM/BLM (pretty much the only mage due to RDM AFK)
for WS i would say Any job WS is good enough.

BST is THE BEST for getting TE in areas that have lots of adds. Did bastok and has sneak up the whole time for the first 3 TEs (AH, Mines, top floor Ore near bat lair) the other 2 were a lil difficult, but BST pets proc like a CHAMP!

and Bastok MB is cake. the pop where SMN used to be is INSANE! due to adds.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aena
Server: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-18 16:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think BRD is amazing at proccing magic - you can even have one pull mage mobs solo (though sometimes it'll proc instantly where the monster stands, so might be safer for someone else to pull where necessary), lullaby the monster, and spam threnodies to proc before the monster even wakes up. Our BRD was having a great time and thrilled he was so successful on proccing almost everything.

I would imagine statues can't be procced not just because of job alignment, but to discourage people from camping TE stones so others can't get their 5 TEs.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-05-18 16:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me get this straight...

1) Get 5/5 TE statues to unlock (give higher chance?) procs.

2) Spam related magic/ability/ws on specific mobs:
JA: MNK NIN THF RNG BST
WS: PLD SAM DRG DRK WAR
MA: WHM RDM BLM SMN BRD

3) Day of the week, JA color, elements were debunked? Or do you need to spam specific element stuff to proc depending on the day? I haven't kept up with all the information very well :(.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-18 16:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vazerus said:
So let me get this straight...

1) Get 5/5 TE statues to unlock (give higher chance?) procs.

2) Spam related magic/ability/ws on specific mobs:
JA: MNK NIN THF RNG BST
WS: PLD SAM DRG DRK WAR
MA: WHM RDM BLM SMN BRD

3) Day of the week, JA color, elements were debunked? Or do you need to spam specific element stuff to proc depending on the day? I haven't kept up with all the information very well :(.

1) Yes, the KIs from the TE NMs help with staggers (they did with us).

2) Yes, just rotate til you stagger. I would avoid the WS stagger group due to needing tp to stagger it if you're low manning. If it's an easy mob it'll die before staggering and usually drop nothing so it'll be a waste (unless you just want gear)

3) I did not notice any relation to the day of week, weather, anything. If it was a JA related proc, our dnc started spamming the ja and got it withing the second try or first even. I did not notice threnodies cause procs or else I would've told our brd to do that.

Also, AF does not seem to be affected by procs. They will drop with or without procs. It seems to be TH affected. You will see alot of AF. Also our group got a L.Jadeshell without a stagger, only 1 TE KI and only had TH7. I would think the 100 drop rate increases with stagger but I have a theory that the 100s may only be TH affected off the new NMs roaming around.

Best of luck!
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-05-18 17:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :). Will attempt this tonight with my small group of friends.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-05-18 22:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my first stagger in xarca tonight, I am currently dead because ninja mobs are haters and spam hecatomb wave.

My first stagger was on a THF mob and got one shell and one coin, used box step on it.

got 5/5 TEs also.

Wondering if anyone was able to farm more time by redoing the TE mobs when needed?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-18 22:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
Got my first stagger in xarca tonight, I am currently dead because ninja mobs are haters and spam hecatomb wave.

My first stagger was on a THF mob and got one shell and one coin, used box step on it.

got 5/5 TEs also.

Wondering if anyone was able to farm more time by redoing the TE mobs when needed?

TE's are one-time thing, per run of course.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-05-18 23:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea just confirmed that for my self, got like 10 minutes atm til I am booted.
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-19 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Also our group got a L.Jadeshell without a stagger, only 1 TE KI and only had TH7. I would think the 100 drop rate increases with stagger but I have a theory that the 100s may only be TH affected off the new NMs roaming around.

Best of luck!
Yar, ours got one Montiont last time from a stray NM that was not procced. We haven't had any luck since (proc or not).
Bringing a DNC this time and having the BST and PUP solo stones then help us stagger and kill totally helped us double our singles drops, though. ^^

PUP staggered a WS monster (Orc) with a Fire Maneuver again, though. Automaton did not WS. Not sure what's up.
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-05-19 11:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SE adding the system proc details in2 chat log for gobbie...

inbeforeweallwronganddrgsthenewbandwagonjob ; ;
By Reikouki 2011-05-19 11:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aena said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Also our group got a L.Jadeshell without a stagger, only 1 TE KI and only had TH7. I would think the 100 drop rate increases with stagger but I have a theory that the 100s may only be TH affected off the new NMs roaming around. Best of luck!
Yar, ours got one Montiont last time from a stray NM that was not procced. We haven't had any luck since (proc or not). Bringing a DNC this time and having the BST and PUP solo stones then help us stagger and kill totally helped us double our singles drops, though. ^^ PUP staggered a WS monster (Orc) with a Fire Maneuver again, though. Automaton did not WS. Not sure what's up.

Exact same for us, but we had all 5 KIs, no proc and got 100, got proc on every other mob throughout the night and not a single 100 drop, kind of strange, but was happy to have at least gotten one. :D
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-19 12:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

proc'd every NM in dynamis we fought, got 1 100 piece, rest of the time they either dropped boss item or they dropped 3 single pieces each time, with stagger +TH7.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-05-19 15:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
SE adding the system proc details in2 chat log for gobbie...

inbeforeweallwronganddrgsthenewbandwagonjob ; ;
Loldrg
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-19 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Reikouki said:
Bismarck.Aena said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Also our group got a L.Jadeshell without a stagger, only 1 TE KI and only had TH7. I would think the 100 drop rate increases with stagger but I have a theory that the 100s may only be TH affected off the new NMs roaming around. Best of luck!
Yar, ours got one Montiont last time from a stray NM that was not procced. We haven't had any luck since (proc or not). Bringing a DNC this time and having the BST and PUP solo stones then help us stagger and kill totally helped us double our singles drops, though. ^^ PUP staggered a WS monster (Orc) with a Fire Maneuver again, though. Automaton did not WS. Not sure what's up.

Exact same for us, but we had all 5 KIs, no proc and got 100, got proc on every other mob throughout the night and not a single 100 drop, kind of strange, but was happy to have at least gotten one. :D
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
proc'd every NM in dynamis we fought, got 1 100 piece, rest of the time they either dropped boss item or they dropped 3 single pieces each time, with stagger +TH7.

Anyone else thinking 100's could be pure TH+Luck? Maybe with a high enough sample size we could tell. Maybe the only reason it seems like 100's dont drop as much is the decrease in time and decrease in group size. Just a theory. I would still proc NMs anyway cause it's nice when they're terrorized :P
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2011-05-19 16:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone getting new dialogue from the goblin npcs? The update notes mentioned that details about the system would be added to goblin npcs but I am not seeing anything new..
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-05-19 17:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

there is no new dialogue. SE *** up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aristodimes
user: Boogadoo
By Leviathan.Aristodimes 2011-05-19 17:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
As usual.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-05-19 17:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL I called a GM about it. I was sent one of those help desk messages. Said to log out completely then log in again to download the new version update...

considering that the servers were offline for 2 hours and THEN I had to download the update I dont think logging out is going to do a damn thing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Aristodimes
user: Boogadoo
By Leviathan.Aristodimes 2011-05-19 17:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
LOL I called a GM about it. I was sent one of those help desk messages. Said to log out completely then log in again to download the new version update...

considering that the servers were offline for 2 hours and THEN I had to download the update I dont think logging out is going to do a damn thing.
Lol, yeah. I just tried it anyway, but still no change. :(
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-05-19 18:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Leviathan.Aristodimes said:
Shiva.Xellith said:
As usual.
You have to talk to the NPC first before you can buy the KI for 50,000 and he tells you about it now.

care to fill us in on the details since SE screwed up? I honestly dont feel like leveling a mule to 65 just to hear what he has to say.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-05-19 22:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah a GM told me :

"that there were certain factors that could cause you to not get the information from them."

so... idk im pissed.
 Sylph.Anariodin
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-20 00:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The new info really isnt anything we dont know already. you can use the KI infinite number of times and such.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Tortuga1004 2011-05-20 02:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone mapped out the TE for bastok and other city zones yet? if they have and put somewhere else, sorry i missed it. x.x
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-20 02:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tortuga1004 said:
has anyone mapped out the TE for bastok and other city zones yet? if they have and put somewhere else, sorry i missed it. x.x

Page 9
By Tortuga1004 2011-05-20 03:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I completely missed that somehow when i was skimming through this thread before posting this.... I'm dumb = /
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26