First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26
 Bahamut.Dionikes
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Your problem is this
Head butt is physical, you werent pulling mage type mobs. The theory is only for mage type mobs as someone already stated that all mage mobs are only procd with spells.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-05-14 17:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Franzrobot said:
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
done dynamis 2 days ago THF x2 NIN(ME) WHMx2 BLMx1 PLDx1 MNKx1 RDMx1 Drop: BLMx1 SCHx1 DNCx1 CORx2 BRDx2 PLDx1 Currencyx4 Even tho the Drops went down with TH 5+ you can still manage SOME Relics X.x not many tho
[-] 1

lmao.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If BOTH of those procs were BOTH on mage type mobs, brd smn blm rdm whm then please post that so we can move on to another theory, if they were drk drg sam war pld then it makes sense.

One other thing, we did not have a blue in our party, so i do NOT know how blue mage spells work on ANY type of mob in there, if they are reading as ws or /jas or magic
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-14 17:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dionikes said:
Your problem is this
Head butt is physical, you werent pulling mage type mobs. The theory is only for mage type mobs as someone already stated that all mage mobs are only procd with spells.
Edit #2: Spoilered, sorry was in middle of fight lol
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I only see 1 proc in there, and was it head butt or lag and suiton proc'd it. IF it wasnt server lag, and head butt DID proc and NOT suiton, then the first theory of mage mobs being proc'd with magic only is debunked, but there is no other evidence to show otherwise
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-14 17:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

you know headbutt gives azure light right?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-14 17:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

there are two and it has the person's name in the message
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-14 17:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dionikes said:
I only see 1 proc in there, and was it head butt or lag and suiton proc'd it. IF it wasnt server lag, and head butt DID proc and NOT suiton, then the first theory of mage mobs being proc'd with magic only is debunked, but there is no other evidence to show otherwise

It said Fondue staggered the mob, not Uzugami as I'm the one who casted suiton. The only stagger that happened between those two was on A white mage demon with my mule casting bio during a spell.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No thats 2 staggers your right, but i dont see the head butt on second
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gives azure in abyssea. Keep posting and trying the next element of the week to proc. UNless we got lucky and randomly proc'd 25 mage mobs in a row, still trying to figure it out
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-14 17:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

it's just in the party chat i think
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We didnt have a blue mage in the party, so no idea how blue mages spells are. Maybe look at the element next to the spell in the menu? Will have to bring a blue tomorrow
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-14 17:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dionikes said:
Gives azure in abyssea. Keep posting and trying the next element of the week to proc. UNless we got lucky and randomly proc'd 25 mage mobs in a row, still trying to figure it out

same dev team made both, COINCIDENCE?

I think not.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep the blue mage out of the procs, proc a mage with an element then try the next mage with the next element from the day of the week, if not maybe its just in bastok, but i doubt it, our procing was not random or luck
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just said i dont know how blue mage spells re act. And it is 2 diff events, yes the dev team made both, but obviously the procs we get in abyssea are NOT the same as dyna, or are they and im missing something
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Or try the next element and see if it moves on, shute maybe you can just keep doing the same element, but im pretty sure we tried other spells and they were not able to proc. We could be waaay off and ANY spell can proc at ANY time, but going to the next element always worked for us
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to test theories, not argue, tomorrow ill try just any spell at any time and see if we are full of crap.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also tomorrow ill try ALL the elements that are NOT next on the wheel and see if any of those proc, to make SURE that we try each element multiple times on mage mobs. If we continue to proc with the next element on the day chart/wheel then were gonna continue to use that
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 17:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we've seen a connection between elements and procing so far with SE. As in the 3 day theory in abyssea, im thinking they would implement something similar in here, since the dev team did make both events :)
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-14 18:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sippoy's gay when your mule keeps resting for some reason, anyway. In between the two head butt procs was a proc by Bio from my mule to a white mage mob. Darksday or whatever was way too far away for procs to matter on day you enter/whatever
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-05-14 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya the day we entered was firesday and obviously we proc'd with 8 different elements multiple times
 Bismarck.Aena
Server: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-14 19:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My LSmates went in and did not start getting procs until they capped their time in Dynamis with all of the zone time extensions. Does this hold true for everyone who's proccing successfully? Did you get time extensions first before trying to stagger/being able to stagger consistently?

This would explain a ton, if not potentially everything if the people who are successfully staggering monsters have collected time extensions. I did not go after time extensions on any of my runs, and will try collecting them first attempt time before trying to proc on monsters.

Reviewing BG, it seems this has been suggested very recently and they may have followed this idea.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-14 19:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aena said:
My LSmates went in and did not start getting procs until they capped their time in Dynamis with all of the zone time extensions. Does this hold true for everyone who's proccing successfully? Did you get time extensions first before trying to stagger/being able to stagger consistently? This would explain a ton, if not potentially everything if the people who are successfully staggering monsters have collected time extensions. I did not go after time extensions on any of my runs, and will try collecting them first attempt time before trying to proc on monsters. Reviewing BG, it seems this has been suggested very recently and they may have followed this idea.
Went in earlier, proc'd alot of blue. Only had 3 TEs done in Xarc, didnt have all 4. However, when we did get all 4 we started procing yellow. Neither blue or yellow seemed to affect any drops.

If its useful to anyone I proc'd blue with head butt on a whm mob.
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-14 19:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, started proccing at all is a good sign... D: maybe color has to do with how many you pick up?
*Correction that my LSmates didn't do that run, though, I misread who they were telling me did it.
By Alerith 2011-05-14 20:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you who ARE proc'ing, do you have the item for clearing that particular zone? Prehaps you can't proc on the mobs until you have cleared the zone at least once before and obtained the Key Item.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-14 20:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Alerith said:
For those of you who ARE proc'ing, do you have the item for clearing that particular zone? Prehaps you can't proc on the mobs until you have cleared the zone at least once before and obtained the Key Item.

I was procing finally in xarc last night and I do not have the win

I'm never on when the group does it :(
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2011-05-14 20:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
Alerith said:

I was procing finally in xarc last night and I do not have the win

I'm never on when the group does it :(

I on the other hand have cleared all but Tav, and yet to see a single stagger. Going to test out the TEs theory since in the testing I have been doing, we never obtained any TEs.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 00:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So with proccing, how is the currency drop rate?

Worse than before, but more in the economy all together?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-05-15 00:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

With proccing and TH i'd say at least 1 piece of currency is assured per kill, averaging 2-3/kill.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-15 00:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

So far with procing it's somewhat "better" (As far as normal Xarcabard goes) than before. But when you account the ratio of 100's from before to now it *** blows
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26