Is Final Fantasy X-2 Canon?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » is Final Fantasy X-2 canon?
is Final Fantasy X-2 canon?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Sandolphon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 15:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Nah, I'm probably being really ambiguous. What I mean is that it's difficult from one line to work out whether they are including the Shinra thing as a reference to FF7 (as people who played the game before would notice from the name), or to show that Spira => FF7's world.

I find it difficult to accept the latter because there's basically no other correlation between the two worlds.

It's foreshadowing, there was an interview with an SE guy about it...

"In interviews published in the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Ω and Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania guidebooks, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima and producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed that Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X-2 share a plot-related connection, in which the Shin-ra corporation in Final Fantasy VII is founded on another planet after about one thousand years, after space travel became possible, by descendants of Shinra of the Gullwings in Final Fantasy X-2. This connection was conceived of only after Final Fantasy X was already finished and realized in Final Fantasy X-2 riding on the success of the original game. Thus, this plot element is not reflected in the gameplay or storylines of Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X."
If this is true then Norg in FFVIII founded Norg. AFTER THOUSANDS OF YEARS.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-03-21 15:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The world might not have been that far away. They could've used those old rockets (though unlikely considering the amount of people in 7 lol).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hewison
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hewison
By Lakshmi.Hewison 2011-03-21 15:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from wikipedia so it MUST be true... right?

wikipedia.org said:
In interviews published in the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Ω and Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania guidebooks, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima and producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed that Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X-2 share a plot-related connection, in which the Shin-ra corporation in Final Fantasy VII is founded on another planet after about one thousand years, after space travel became possible, by descendants of Shinra of the Gullwings in Final Fantasy X-2. This connection was conceived of only after Final Fantasy X was already finished and realized in Final Fantasy X-2 riding on the success of the original game. Thus, this plot element is not reflected in the gameplay or storylines of Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X.

Source
(it's past half way, in the bit about Pyreflies as an energy source)

It's weird. I've been having conversations with a few friends recentally regarding X-2 and they too have been discussing X-2. The game seems to be a topic of conversation right now, strangely. Personally I enjoyed the game a lot more than I thought I would.

Edit: Bleh, got beaten while posting Q.Q
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 15:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hewison said:

wikipedia.org said:
In interviews published in the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Ω and Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania guidebooks, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima and producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed that Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X-2 share a plot-related connection, in which the Shin-ra corporation in Final Fantasy VII is founded on another planet after about one thousand years, after space travel became possible, by descendants of Shinra of the Gullwings in Final Fantasy X-2. This connection was conceived of only after Final Fantasy X was already finished and realized in Final Fantasy X-2 riding on the success of the original game. Thus, this plot element is not reflected in the gameplay or storylines of Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X.

Source

It's weird. I've been having conversations with a few friends recentally regarding X-2 and they too have been discussing X-2. The game seems to be a topic of conversation right now, strangely. Personally I enjoyed the game a lot more than I thought I would.

Yes.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 15:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hewison said:

wikipedia.org said:

Source

I replayed X-2 last summer, and imo mechanically, its a good game. I liked Sphere Break more than Blitzball and the job system was really fun and well played in the way battles were organized. But the story just ***all over anything good in FFX.

One of the beauties of X was that it had that bitter sweet ending. But in X-2 its just like NO. NOW HE COMES BACK AND WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE *** WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN SOMETHING WITH FAYTH AND...THE DARKSIDE. like gtfo of my games, please. T_T
[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-03-21 15:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This and this may help.

oh and FFX-2 = Final Fantasy Barbie's Dress up Adventure. lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 15:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the Lenne/Shuyin side of the story was touching. The popstar thing was cringe-inducingly bad though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 15:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I thought the Lenne/Shuyin side of the story was touching. The popstar thing was cringe-inducingly bad though.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need further proof that X-2 isn't canon look no further than Dissidia 012. Yuna has zero costumes from X-2. /thread
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:
If you need further proof that X-2 isn't canon look no further than Dissidia 012. Yuna has zero costumes from X-2. /thread

This proves nothing except Yuna has zero costumes from X-2 in Dissidia 012.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 15:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuna would look *** stupid summoning stuff in her X-2 dresses xD
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 15:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

This proves nothing except Yuna has zero costumes from X-2 in Dissidia 012.
Yeah well x implies x yeah but x also implies y here since y is "X-2 isn't canonical".

Quote:
spmething about Yuna not looking good summoning in her X-2 costume
Shits stupid anyway. Her eyes arent even the same god damn color. Oh and she's cooler with gunz anyway.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 15:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It would've been a bit silly to have her X-2 form in there as well as Laguna. They'd be the same. Changing dresspheres? It would be a Lightning clone. I like how they incorporated her summons in it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 16:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
Yeah well x implies x yeah but x also implies y here since y is "X-2 isn't canonical".

Only if you assume that lack of costume implies lack of canon. Unsure if Dissidia is the best example given Terra's hair in it is blonde too.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-21 16:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well gee, if you're going to use Dissidia as a reference, the newer once with Prishe has Prishe in Dancer relic armor. >_> Does that make Prishe being a Monk/whm only non-canon? Don't think so.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-21 16:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Interesting, though it's an incredibly weak correlation. Would've been better without really... the technology level in FF7 is such that putting a single rocket in space is a BIG DEAL and they're stating that the original creator just travelled through space? And somehow didn't keep this technology?

It's a stretch, but it could be like Dragonriders of Pern. Basically, people from earth came to colonize another planet(Pern). They didn't want the new planet to turn into garbage(I guess they polluted Earth terribly), so they did their best to get rid of technology so the coming generations wouldn't suffer and kill Pern.

Like I said, a stretch.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 16:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention in Yuna's Dissidia 012 art, she does have one green eye and one blue eye ._.
Probably just too small to see on her actual character.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-03-21 16:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Not to mention in Yuna's Dissidia 012 art, she does have one green eye and one blue eye ._.

What about it? She has it in X too >.>
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 16:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Only if you assume that lack of costume implies lack of canon. Unsure if Dissidia is the best example given Terra's hair in it is blonde too.

sorry to shatter your universe, but...
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 16:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

What about it? She has it in X too >.>

I...I know.
Nevermind.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 17:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
This and this may help.

oh and FFX-2 = Final Fantasy Barbie's Dress up Adventure. lol

Listening to your first link. I have been listening to it for about 23 minutes and nothing has been said that's on-topic here.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 17:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

In FF6, Terra had green hair. Concept art is just that, conceptual. In the end, they gave her green hair.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 17:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

In FF6, Terra had green hair. Concept art is just that, conceptual. In the end, they gave her green hair.

No.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 17:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Celes = blonde/brunette, Terra = green.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 17:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Terra's hair is green here o:
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 17:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Blonde.

/discussion.

They probably just made her sprite's hair green for the sake of looking different than Celes. I'm pretty sure her natural haircolor is blonde.
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-21 17:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to think of it as blonde with a green tinge, for a more realistic/human character design. Though she is an esper and the green hair could fit for that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 17:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael said:
I like to think of it as blonde with a green tinge, for a more realistic/human character design. Though she is an esper and the green hair could fit for that.

That's what it looks like to me. It sure as hell isn't pure blonde. It's widely accepted as green though, as most Terra cosplay consists of green hair as well.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 17:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Blonde.

/discussion.

They probably just made her sprite's hair green for the sake of looking different than Celes. I'm pretty sure her natural haircolor is blonde.

You know that FMV was made in the PS1 remake right?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10