Would This Work As A TP Neck Piece?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Would this work as a TP neck piece?
Would this work as a TP neck piece?
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 00:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it the other day and well i like it lol not sure if it would out do say a love torque or anything. Wondering what other thf's thought and if they know what the stats on these gorgets maxed out on for crit hit augment/subtle blow.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 01:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's decent. I'd probably rather use Agasaya's Collar or tricel or tolero mostly cause either more SB and stats that add more to dmg or defense
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 01:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think max is SB+5, Crit+3. It's a nice piece if you don't need the attack/acc on other options, maybe even better.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 01:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

im not convinced that 5/5 with a terciel neck piece at 1 haste short over my build :| i would lvoe to get a crit +3 SB +5 if its actually something i can get :D time to keep trying.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So doing some quick math at around 1.5ish pdif and base 75% crit rate and +38% crit dmg, + 3% crit rate would be about 1.25-1.3% increase to dps.

8 attack kinda did just a quick check but was more like 2%ish. Hard to really do without knowing exact buffs/att and close guess on mob def

Phoenix.Hagino said:
im not convinced that 5/5 with a terciel neck piece at 1 haste short over my build :|
Well you also got to look at you aren't really losing 1% haste. In fact with the fact you are using peices with such high amounts and using 2 1% peices you almost get exactly 25% on the dot.

But for maths sake going for the 5/5 with 25% build to something else with 26%+ build only adds 2/1024 haste
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 02:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

its almost all moot at this point it seems lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much. It's hard to really get much out dps gains from your tp set with what you got. At least in abyssea
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 02:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thoughts on outside abyssea?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What now or the speculative future?
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 02:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

eh lets have fun and say both~
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-24 02:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Inside abyssea i do the 5/5+2, With near ~35% Triple Attack rate I see set bonus proc fairly often, and im almost sure its been proven 5/5 set offers better-than-expected proc rate (I.E, 4/5 give you lke 3%, where as 5/5 gives you 5%~6% instead of 4%).

Outside of Abyssea you're probably better off with 4/5 and capping haste... Due to missing 15% Triple Attack (From Apoc).

As for the Collar? Looks nice to me. You're losing 3acc, 8atk, and the other thing for some SB and Critical hit Rate, I don't think its an awful Trade-off. Outside Abyssea.

But hey, IDK =.=a
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now outside of abyssea is fairly similar to inside. In that you are auto capping acc fstr. Your crit rate and +crit dmg is a bit less but you also will have a higher pdif since you wont have hardly any or any lvl correct factor and mobs with def based around lvl 75... so I'd say the neck comparison would be about the same. Well cept love torque since you wont be capping Ddex.

But yeah outside of abyssea is kinda silly now. The highest lvl mobs are non nms they recently added now

Later on hard to tell... mobs tended to be fairly accurate/evasive decently high so tolero might become decently more useful for tanking and agas/love for actually hitting and not for 0 and such.

I'd say no for tric either way though. Loss of trip rate kinda makes that really small haste loss hurt more.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 02:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i was talking about using the neck for just TP phase, not tanking or anything.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well no one really liked thf tp on mobs outside of abyssea if they weren't tanking... your dmg is alot lamer and mob tp moves were more of a concern since your tanks don't automatically have 2-5k hp and whm don't have 15 refresh solo.

And if you have multiple people tping on the same mob at the same time not even sure I'd bother caring about subtle blow
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 03:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

THF+ mage duo outside too~ damage isnt amazing but its still good. I can solo evis lolskygods for about 1000ish if i remember right so its not HORRIBLE

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 09:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's decent. I'd probably rather use Agasaya's Collar or Love Torque or tricel or tolero mostly cause either more SB and stats that add more to dmg or defense
ftfy
Inside abyssea I'd put love decently lower for tping

Just 7 att is decently subpar compared to the others
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 09:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
THF+ mage duo outside too~ damage isnt amazing but its still good. I can solo evis lolskygods for about 1000ish if i remember right so its not HORRIBLE
Well than you are tanking... also DE almost always beat evisceration before...
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-02-24 12:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah Evisceration was roughly been equal with DE pre-Abyssea on any mob you could get a decent crit rate on (Colibri for instance). It'd have better spikes with crits that put it on equal terms, though DE would do better if you couldn't spike a crit.

It would pull ahead definitively if you had X's Knife though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 12:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is you are only getting around 25% crit rate at most usually. I never really xp'd on thf. But eviscerations never came close to my DE's on average.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 14:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

it didnt before but with new gear and higher dex/crit gear it actually pulls ahead for me.
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-02-24 16:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Treelo's testing, without X's Knife, put Evisceration just barely ahead of Dancing Edge (3 dmg average). With X's Knife, Evisceration pulled away (140~ dmg differential).

Testing was with Blau/SK on Colibri, unstacked WS.

http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic/175918-dancing-edge-v-evisceration/

For reference this is what happens to the numbers when you throw X's Knife in. Same test method only with X's/Blau

http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic/175893-everything-you-need-to-know-about-your-xs-knife/
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-26 21:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So how many people checked the post date on these posts because they were wondering what year they were made.?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-26 21:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw 75 cap weapons and said *** it, lol.
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-02-27 13:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument was about pre-Abyssea DE vs. EV. A test showing equivalency pre-Abyssea is completely relevant.

I expect Evisceration to remain on top even post-Abyssea as long as we cap reach the normal 25% crit cap per this testing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you will keep capped Ddex is a big assumption
 Asura.Ollorin
Server: Asura
user: Ollorin
By Asura.Ollorin 2011-02-27 15:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I sure as hell haven't seen EV topping DE 90% of the time outside of Abyssea. For instance, with about 150 total Dex, while doing evasion Kila trials on birds and puks, I SA DE for 2500-3400 but can only reach ~2800 max (with AC on) with EV. I think this EV is better now outside Abyssea stuff is just wishful thinking.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-27 15:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say their damage was always the same or that evis has secretly been better. That test doesn't point out that DE will do better on high pdif and evis does better on low pdif. Sure enough there is a pdif point where they will do the same. Still, this was the the rule of thumb a good thf used back at 75. Capped dDex was always not a issue for thf, unless we were on hnm, which we wouldn't use any of these ws anyway.
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-02-27 17:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ollorin said:
Well, I sure as hell haven't seen EV topping DE 90% of the time outside of Abyssea. For instance, with about 150 total Dex, while doing evasion Kila trials on birds and puks, I SA DE for 2500-3400 but can only reach ~2800 max (with AC on) with EV. I think this EV is better now outside Abyssea stuff is just wishful thinking.

Stacking skews the results because Evis can crit without stacking and DE cannot. If you want to bring stacking into the mix pretty sure Shark Bite is going to win.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Assuming you will keep capped Ddex is a big assumption

True, but on anything you're using DE/EV on you would probably hit cap. As Lap pointed out, anything really tough, like NMs, you're probably better off using Shark Bite anyway.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 18:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
Asura.Ollorin said:
Stacking skews the results because Evis can crit without stacking and DE cannot. If you want to bring stacking into the mix pretty sure Shark Bite is going to win.
It wont.

The only point of using SB is on things with high evasion or def you think you'll be missing hits on or that craps your pdif so bad that crits needed to make up for it. In the case of def you should be using manstab instead of SB.

Also stacking doesn't skew that much on a ws that is doing 6+hits.
First Page 2