Would This Work As A TP Neck Piece?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Would this work as a TP neck piece?
Would this work as a TP neck piece?
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-02-27 18:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

It wont.

The only point of using SB is on things with high evasion or def you think you'll be missing hits on or that craps your pdif so bad that crits needed to make up for it. In the case of def you should be using manstab instead of SB.

Also stacking doesn't skew that much on a ws that is doing 6+hits.

Well the whole reason why EV and DE would be equal is that EV's crit spiked numbers will drag up the average to compensate for a lower average. When you give DE a consistent crit you are minimizing the effect of criticals by giving each a strong first hit. In a 25% crit cap rate situation I'd expect DE to win if everything was stacked every time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 18:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What I meant was overall the difference in dmg increase on a 6 hit ws wont be that much more. Especially with the dex/agi bonus thrown in there. If I had some stats I could run some numbers
By seiri 2011-02-27 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

It wont.

The only point of using SB is on things with high evasion or def you think you'll be missing hits on or that craps your pdif so bad that crits needed to make up for it. In the case of def you should be using manstab instead of SB.

Also stacking doesn't skew that much on a ws that is doing 6+hits.

Well the whole reason why EV and DE would be equal is that EV's crit spiked numbers will drag up the average to compensate for a lower average. When you give DE a consistent crit you are minimizing the effect of criticals by giving each a strong first hit. In a 25% crit cap rate situation I'd expect DE to win if everything was stacked every time.

Stacking in this case does skew results, as it 'levels the field' in crit rate for both WSs first - and hardest - hit. In this case, Dancing Edge has by a long way the highest base mod - equal dex and 40% chr on top, as well as a 1.2~x att mod. By forcing this to crit, DE will already have a large advantage as evis no longer has the change for a first hit crit to balence the damages. After this forced crit, evis will always be playing catch up, which considering the nature of crit rates (outside abyssea), is unreliable and will usually be unbalenced.

If comparing stacked WSs, then DE will usually come out on top outside abyssea, but i believe the original meaning was unstacked WSs - as the OP's example was a 1k straight evis while 'tanking', one must assume that this is unstacked.

To the OP, i would say that you're current wivre augment is acceptable but will not cleanly beat the current neck optsions. With you're gear it will certainly beat tiercel but agasaya's or love torque may still beat it, especially considering love torque may boost you a crit % as well as the acc/att. Should you get lucky and obtain a 'perfect' augment on crit rate with decent subtle blow, i would believe that would successfully outparse agasaya's or LT.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 20:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
The argument was about pre-Abyssea DE vs. EV. A test showing equivalency pre-Abyssea is completely relevant.

I expect Evisceration to remain on top even post-Abyssea as long as we cap reach the normal 25% crit cap per this testing.
No, it was about outside Abyssea. Difference between pre-Abyssea and outside Abyssea being 15 levels, critdmg traits, and new gear off the top of my head.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-02-27 22:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

No, it was about outside Abyssea. Difference between pre-Abyssea and outside Abyssea being 15 levels, critdmg traits, and new gear off the top of my head.

Firstly, I'm with Hagino; the level cap changes would only make Evis relatively stronger post-75 and outside Abyssea. Crit hit bonuses would favor Ev over DE.

Secondly, no it was about pre-Abyssea

Initial statement: "...also DE almost always beat evisceration before..."

What I said: "Nah Evisceration was roughly been equal with DE pre-Abyssea..."

People disagreeing: "...I never really xp'd on thf. But eviscerations never came close to my DE's on average..." [past tense implies before] "...it didnt before but with new gear and higher dex/crit gear it actually pulls ahead for me..."

Then I posted the link and test results.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 22:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually there is one thing that would make EV relatively weaker. Crit hits will be increasing your dmg by a smaller amount assuming you fighting the same mobs
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 23:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Missed Dasva's comment, I was looking at Hagino's comment previously. My mistake.