One Billion Gil
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-18 12:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Vxsote said:
Sounds like a lot of people are /butthurt that they can't get a bunch of people to go mindlessly kill ***for them for free anymore. But don't you know, relics are trash now because empyrians are so much better anyhow!

Don't like my post? Q.Q more, kthx.

I'm rating you down!
[+]
 Unicorn.Youngmoney
Server: Unicorn
user: Sofresh
By Unicorn.Youngmoney 2011-02-18 12:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Vxsote said:
Sounds like a lot of people are /butthurt that they can't get a bunch of people to go mindlessly kill ***for them for free anymore. But don't you know, relics are trash now because empyrians are so much better anyhow!

Shut the *** up... FFS your dumb.

I been pulling in 50-100M a every 2 weeks no one gives a ***about your 1.2M pay outs...
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-18 12:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Thank you for that deep and insightful view on how your linkshell works.

Next week on under the mask, we learn how Bart really feels about AH, learn about the lies deceit and sordid affairs of KFH and find out if Fried chicken really is all the rage from Tigerwoods.

Don't miss it.
lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-18 12:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Petrah said:
Hmmm... how much can you make npc'n Aby gear if you have 1 million cruor? How long will it take for you to get 1 million cruor...
I calculated this the other day. If you get and npc w/ max fame all 3 sets at a time it comes out to 1.94 gil per 1 cruor.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-02-18 12:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I find this topic amusing... The OP posted a legitimate accomplishment with such a self-righteous attitude that pretty much left the trolls of this forum with no other option than to do what they always do.

To Vxsote, I get it. From the perspective of another linkshell leader, when big milestones come through during your tenure as leader, yeah you're proud of it. Accomplishments you envisioned for your linkshell many months (or years) prior have finally came to pass, and it really is a great feeling.

But the fact is, you're posting in a public forum where 99% of the people viewing this are not in your linkshell and simply dont care about your accomplishments. Honestly, what kind of response did you expect? Posts like that are better left for your linkshell's website, where the people who see it already have a vested interest in your linkshell.

But lets be honest... the payout system only works while the payouts keep coming. Linkshells based on this have many members motivated solely by greed, and when greener grass is found on the other side of the fence... well, they'll be hopping over. Systems like these dont create friends to wreck ***with... they create employees.

Payout systems arent for everyone, either... and in some groups they simply just wouldnt never work. You want to hear some gloating? I lead a linkshell that has done dynamis twice a week for like five years. We still to this day go twice a week. I collect all of the currency and hoard it to build relics for members of my linkshell. We quite literally completed our tenth relic just last night, go see the post on our linkshell's website. But hey... we also still do Einhejar twice a week. We still kill HNMs like Ixion, Sandworm, Tiamat... sometimes we even still do Zilart ground kings and have even been known to smash Jorm and Vrtra from time to time lol. We also still do sea, if only to kill more AVs. There are smaller groups in my linkshell that still Salvage daily. And all this while spending countless hours in Abyssea farming AF3 and Empyrean weapons (completed our 6th Empyrean last week, btw). Guess what else? We dont make a single payout to any member at any time.

But a public forum really isnt the place for stuff like this... that's why linkshells have their own websites.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-18 12:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

More like "OP makes me feel small so I'm going to belittle him until I feel better about myself." No surprise here, considering this is one of the most childish forums I've come across.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-02-18 12:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I been pulling in 50-100M a every 2 weeks no one gives a ***about your 1.2M pay outs...

As awesome as that happens to be, what's the point of all that gil? Gil prices per mil are low as ***now. You barely make *** when selling gil for money. Most of the things in the game worth a ***can't be found on the AH. Having all that gil really does you a lot of good.

I just had to counter you for the sheer fact that you came across as a huge douche.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-18 13:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Vxsote said:
Sounds like a lot of people are /butthurt that they can't get a bunch of people to go mindlessly kill ***for them for free anymore. But don't you know, relics are trash now because empyrians are so much better anyhow! Don't like my post? Q.Q more, kthx.

I like your post, I don't really understand it all, but can I have some gil? My mom died, you see, during the great war, but she still lives in the past and if you give me some monies I can retrace back in time and save her....

Money is great and all and I am all about sharing. The op sounded kind of like a cool post at first, except for the complaining part and the absence of the word "FUN" in there anywhere and the fact that you had to write it about yourself....

Luckily I have a solution that will absolve you of all your sins and put you back on the path of rightousness.

Put down the abacus, pick up your controller and sign up for the mentor program. Start running around helping people who are just starting out, handing out gil and presents to all the good little boys and girls of Unicorn like a mini saint nick. Continue this practice for at least a month until someone randomly starts a thread worshiping your genorosity and there is much gushing and chicks screaming in there like they did when the Beatles came to america.

It will earn you one solid "attaboy" from me with my thump pointed skyward. Then you can go back to your ruthless mercinary ways with your spreadsheets and your calculators and stuff.

Next time, try not to sprain your arm patting yourself on the back.

[+]
 Sylph.Kofi
Server: Sylph
user: DrKofi
By Sylph.Kofi 2011-02-18 13:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OP sounds more like something that belongs in LS forum.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 13:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

someone told me people in this thread are handing out gil cause it's worthless. can someone buy me a roundel earring?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-18 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny's linkshell was better than yours, OP, back when we did events.

[+]
By Sofresh 2011-02-18 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Quote:

As awesome as that happens to be, what's the point of all that gil? Gil prices per mil are low as ***now. You barely make *** when selling gil for money. Most of the things in the game worth a ***can't be found on the AH. Having all that gil really does you a lot of good.

I just had to counter you for the sheer fact that you came across as a huge douche.

I still sell to JPs for $14/M so its good money.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-18 13:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you be proud you've paid out a billion gil? It takes way more skill to steal the billion gil for yourself.

l2p nub
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-18 14:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I has 100k gil?
 Phoenix.Michelob
Server: Phoenix
user: Michelob
By Phoenix.Michelob 2011-02-18 14:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Quote:

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? How does having gil do you no good? Anything in this game can be bought which has always been the case. Want an empyrean but don't want to spend time farming it yourself? Pay someone else to do it. Want that Epona's Ring or some AF3+2 gear without putting any effort into it at all? Pay someone to do it for you. If you feel like doing everything yourself and not paying for anything then sell the gil and buy a new TV or make a car payment IRL.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 15:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
More like "OP makes me feel small so I'm going to belittle him until I feel better about myself." No surprise here, considering this is one of the most childish forums I've come across.

Still as condescending as ever, I see.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-18 15:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

glad your shells still going strong after the releases. good job!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-02-18 15:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Vxsote said:

you are trash.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-02-18 15:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
I always love the posts that complain about the people in this forum. If you hate/dislike the forum and their people...

Why are you still here?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-18 15:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
I always love the posts that complain about the people in this forum. If you hate/dislike the forum and their people... Why are you still here?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-18 16:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
I always love the posts that complain about the people in this forum. If you hate/dislike the forum and their people... Why are you still here?
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-02-18 16:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Maybe because the OP posted it in an incredibly condescending way, and the fact that it was pointless to start with, and also that it's nothing to gloat about.
Well nobody asks you to give a ***about this topic. If you think it's "nothing to gloat about" you can just go find another topic that is worth "gloating about". It's a neutral post, it's not a bad post why would you rate down and put a stupid comment on it ?

Wish I had more +1's to give you Sir they only give me one :( I like your style and thank you for your comments ^.~
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-18 17:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said:

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Maybe because the OP posted it in an incredibly condescending way, and the fact that it was pointless to start with, and also that it's nothing to gloat about.
Well nobody asks you to give a ***about this topic. If you think it's "nothing to gloat about" you can just go find another topic that is worth "gloating about". It's a neutral post, it's not a bad post why would you rate down and put a stupid comment on it ?

Wish I had more +1's to give you Sir they only give me one :( I like your style and thank you for your comments ^.~
is it because you are a taru?

guess some people can't comprehend condescending vocabulary....the tarus.

the more i think about it the more it makes sense.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-18 17:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andevom said:
I like to play FFXI for fun and not try to run it like a for-profit business because...it's a video game.

sounds like youre doing it wrong
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 17:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess all this depend on point of view.

Our sponsor never sell currency for gil, the only time they sell is bc they don't need these anymore, and with the gil they buy the one that they actually need. We always track the progress to make sure everything is done the best way.

So, what i am saying here, is not like our sponsor make any gil, or rip off anyone, is actually cost him 500k twice a week (1m/week), as prevention before we select our next sponsor we ask him to show us 26m, and that is just the gil to cover 6 month...

Also note the one who we select are not 'joe blow' that we don't know, we ask a minimum 1yr presence at dynamis, and we base our decision on his attendance/attitude. We are very selective on who we pick up for sponsor. Trust me is by far not only Friend to leader, but more about friend to the entire LS.

I don't really have anything again LS that are selling 100% of they currency, but keep in mind who are actually buying these. [Gil buyer, LS that rip off they member, or some rare player that managed to do tons of gil with they crafting skill.] Personally i will never support those ppl, is free to everyone to sell they currency, then stop complain about gil buyer. No way any *LEGIT* player would get the gil req for relic by is self, and for sure not @ 1.6~2m cost per montion when you need 100x.

On side note, out of 3 relic completion, these member are still doing dynamis with us with same attendance [95~100%] everyone in the LS benefit from it.

my 5 cent. totalchaosls.com

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-18 17:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Unicorn.Vxsote said:

I'm rating you down!

I rated you up.

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
lol I find this topic amusing... The OP posted a legitimate accomplishment with such a self-righteous attitude that pretty much left the trolls of this forum with no other option than to do what they always do.

"PPL R PIKING ON DAT GUI, FUKING TROLLZ HAEV 2 ATTAK LEGIT POSTZ"

No one really cares, and the people who cry "troll troll!" every time someone says something negative or talks ***are just as useless as the OP and other posts of a similar nature.

"HAI GUIZ IM A MORAL *** AND IM HERE TO TALK TO YOU TODAY ABOUT TROLLS."

Shut the *** up already.
I'm with METAL on this one.
+1
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 17:58:30