Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats on Mjollnir!
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-12-21 23:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wasnt sure if i should make a new topic for this or not but has anyone tried realm razer yet? should i just stick with hexa or did they not nerf it as bad as i thought they did?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-21 23:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said: »
wasnt sure if i should make a new topic for this or not but has anyone tried realm razer yet? should i just stick with hexa or did they not nerf it as bad as i thought they did?
I decided to merit dagger instead because of what they did, I'll get club later so I can't tell you if they did or not :\
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-21 23:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 5/5 but been too busy with other things to really test it out much yet. Got a feeling though hexa is gonna outperform it.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-12-22 02:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said: »

Somehow, I'd imagine the only way Realmrazer to remotely out perform Hexa Strike on mobs where you can constantly hit the max hits and have absolutely nerfed crit rate. SE has specifically said they wanted to make Realmrazer the strongest Club WS for non-Hexa Strike jobs, which is rather indicative of what to expect. It doesn't help that Realmrazer has less then 1.0 fTP and uses the mechanic of having the same fTP across all hits.

According to Studio Gobli Realmrazer fTP is somewhere in the 0.59375 range... which, when adding a respective elemental Gorget/Belt puts it around 6.3 fTP total for the whole WS when dual wielding for a full 8 hits (which isn't entirely bad compared to a 7.0-7.2 fTP Hexa Strike depending on belts/gorgets). 100% MND mod helps a lot and you don't need to put in as much crit Gear for Realmrazer since, well, it doesn't crit. So you can stack MND/Attack/STR/Accuracy (the final stat depending on how badly the accuracy nerf is since Realmrazer has an "accuracy based on TP" effect on it). Hexa Stike is a 20% STR + MND mod versus Realmrazer's 100% MND. Which means I can see Realmrazer being somewhat comparable if your WHM has high attack low crit situation (ATM can't think of anything that matches that scenario :/) since it would be easier to stack respective WS Mods in this regard, but even so, I imagine Hexa Strike being better than Realmrazer in most situations.

I feel Realmrazer's numbers may be more consistent because it's not a crit WS but still fall short when compared to Hexa Strike on similar mobs.

Again, all speculation and I will be the first to admit that DD mechanics aren't my specialty, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

And as other's have mentioned, I will also pipe in and say I've been busy as well, mostly trying to push my level 90 WHM to the limit before moving on to the next two tiers of levels =p
 Phoenix.Artificalmonkey
Server: Phoenix
user: Islamish
By Phoenix.Artificalmonkey 2011-12-22 02:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres what I use and i get about 1.5k outside abyssea and up to 3.5k on normal monsters and various nms that I choose to fight along with.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-22 12:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Artificalmonkey said: »
Heres what I use and i get about 1.5k outside abyssea and up to 3.5k on normal monsters and various nms that I choose to fight along with.

Wouldn't sunbeam cape/mind earrings be better? Though it looks like you might just be ws'ing in some TP gear there. :P You should pick up some mind stuff for back and for brutal slot at least... realmrazer is 7 hits and 8 if you're dual weidling, so da will do little to nothing for that ws.
 Phoenix.Artificalmonkey
Server: Phoenix
user: Islamish
By Phoenix.Artificalmonkey 2011-12-22 17:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Phoenix.Artificalmonkey said: »

Wouldn't sunbeam cape/mind earrings be better? Though it looks like you might just be ws'ing in some TP gear there. :P You should pick up some mind stuff for back and for brutal slot at least... realmrazer is 7 hits and 8 if you're dual weidling, so da will do little to nothing for that ws.
I'm sure a lot of different things may help make it better but again this is my current set/wish list for some of the hexa strike / DD gear that I have.
 Bismarck.Reyke
Server: Bismarck
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-12-24 08:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested the new WS fully merited with a brew? Just curious to see the numbers.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-24 09:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

rancor mantle
nefarious collar

These are probably going to be the ideal back/neck pieces for Hexa-Strike.

I have no clue where the collar comes from, probably that horrible Caturae WoE.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-24 09:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WHMs of Vanadiel Rejoice, Here I am to your Hexa Strike Rescue:

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-24 09:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also while I am rescuing the WHMs of Vanadiel from Melee mediocrity, Realmrazer:

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-24 09:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

idk what the 99 magian clubs are called :|
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-12-24 11:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10504/iuvenalis-mittens These are pretty hawt for TP and WS. I bought a pair for my gf the other day :3

-edit- I'm pretty derp, just woke up. Guess it has been talked about xD
By luckycharms1877 2011-12-24 11:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I was wondering where does Rubeus Spats drop?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By IcepickD 2011-12-24 18:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylow,

Nice combo of Nefarius collar with the Rancor Mantle. If you're talking about hexa only, I think the A Moogle Kupo d'Etat hat may offer a little more than Khthonios Mask, and the Strigoi Ring is still the best WHM STR ring, if we're talking ideal builds.

Personally, since I have the Double Attack Naboot +3, I'd lean to including Brutal Earring and removing the Prosilio belt (+15% DA on WHM), probably opt for the Beir belt +1 for my ideal build. I know this doesn't hold true for Realmrazer.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-24 18:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnadbod's Helm and augmented Selenian Cap?

You can get up to stat+4 on lv74 rings (or higher, but +4 is as high as what I've gotten) from augmented FoV rings if you wanna try your luck with Aqua rings. Strigoi ring is nice too, and personally like to have tp stats on my acp body because I've been staring at Rev mail for way too fscking long, and it's ugly.

If anyone cares, Kalasutrax is an easy as hell zerg, assuming you don't have 4 people in your ally constantly dc'ing >_> Although, I'm 0/400+ on any relevant VW drops, so of course he hasn't dropped any pants for me yet.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-12-24 21:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine a Moonshade Earring with TP Bonus +25 and Attack +4 would outdo an Aesir Ear Pendant for Hexa Strike (but that's if you're a career some other DD job that could benefit from an earring with those kinds of augments, and then you'd have to ask why are you building a DD WHM?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong though xD

Post deleted by User.
By Calipso 2011-12-27 00:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »

very spiffy new pose/dramatic screenshot here senor
senorita* :P
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-28 14:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Went and played around a little but was way too tired to do much. Realmrazer seemed to do pretty decently. Seemed to miss a bit though :/ Not sure if this is a fair comparison or if I should've used different atmas. Used RR, SS, and GH for Hexa, and Undying, Allure, and Stout Arm for Realmrazer. Anywho, a few dmg shots:.

Also, Mjollnir in abyssea is fun as hell >:D
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-28 23:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Muahaha! Doing DC mobs in dyna earlier. (Probably could've done a lot better on the ep ones). Realmrazer was doing 1800-2000~ on the diremites and gaylas, and 2000-2200 on the stirges. Hexa was pretty significantly lower which was a little disappointing.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By luckycharms1877 2012-02-05 01:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone knew the Proc rate of Naboot +2 Occ atk. 2-4?
Im currently working on both Mjollnir & KC still no luck on KC tho but if anyone has Naboot +2 and could let me kno how well is it asfar as TP gain
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-02-05 12:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

luckycharms1877 said: »
I was wondering if anyone knew the Proc rate of Naboot +2 Occ atk. 2-4?
Im currently working on both Mjollnir & KC still no luck on KC tho but if anyone has Naboot +2 and could let me kno how well is it asfar as TP gain

A quick search online netted an estimate of 40/30/20/10 on the 99 OA2-4 weapons, though from what I understand, that's just a rough estimate at best.

I imagine your best off just keep going for a KC or make a DA Trial Club or a STR Trial Club.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-05 12:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The OA2-4 weapons average ~2 hits per attack round, regardless of the distribution.
By luckycharms1877 2012-02-06 01:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thx for info
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24