Making hexa better
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-02 01:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

.......Almost makes up for the -MND I got on my pythia +1 I decided to augment the other day ago when I ran out of Aqua Rings :(

PS: Anyone selling Aqua Rings on odin, I'll pay 50k for them!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-02 01:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
.......Almost makes up for the -MND I got on my pythia +1 I decided to augment the other day ago when I ran out of Aqua Rings :(

PS: Anyone selling Aqua Rings on odin, I'll pay 50k for them!
Oh no :(

:( x1000
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-02 01:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just dropping this here as a reminder for anyone thinking ahead for Realmrazer builds... If you're dual-wielding you'll already be at the 8-hit cap, so Brutal Earring will be completely useless. Even single-wielding it may not be your best option... I can't see WHM attack being all that high so even a Merman's Earring probably beats it at that point, let alone a MND+3/4 earring (100% MND mod woo).
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-02 01:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Just dropping this here as a reminder for anyone thinking ahead for Realmrazer builds... If you're dual-wielding you'll already be at the 8-hit cap, so Brutal Earring will be completely useless. Even single-wielding it may not be your best option... I can't see WHM attack being all that high so even a Merman's Earring probably beats it at that point, let alone a MND+3/4 earring (100% MND mod woo).
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even think about that.

I want to update my whm melee here soon so I'm going to have to take a good look at the new gear coming our way.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-02 15:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you also take a look at the new armor being released, I'm sure there are some goodies in there coming our way that we can use.
 Shiva.Wishes
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Wishes 2011-12-02 15:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I'm looking towards, wondering if it's the best Whm TP set, wanting to know ppl's opinions,

Thinking maybe Aesir>Hollow

Ninurta's > Goading, but thinking being over 1% Haste Cap when I could be using +5 STP from Goading to compensate with Rajas would be better, altho having Kclub, but still.

Robe has DW and ACC, and thinking of replacing Rajas with a acc ring maybe? and then taking out goading for Ninurta's
By IcepickD 2011-12-03 03:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Being of the mindset that there's probably no such thing as too much accuracy, I'm personally working on a build of 25% haste that looks a little more like this:

The ASA legs would be +3 haste, +7 acc.
The ACP body would have +10 acc, +10 att. (-Dual Wield would be better for strict TPing purposes, but I'd want to boost WSs with +attack)
My Resilient has +1 STR, +17 attack

This has +25 accuracy over my current build, perhaps it's enough to allow a full meat build. Red Curry Buns!

Currently _very far_ no Mjo-jo or Kclub. (It's a GOAL) lol!
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-03 06:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

IcepickD said: »

I'd use Prudence over ziel. Acc has never been an issue with me, I always use red curry. (Although granted I don't melee hnm level things or voidwatch >_> Just dicking around in dyna and killing random mobs/nms in abyssea I don't really have acc issues.) Mars' ring is also probably a better option (I picked mine up for 1.3m or something).

Don't use brutal if you have a kclub.

Pretty sure that Nefer/Heka body (15 and 17 MND respectively) is better for ws, especially for realmrazer (which to my understanding, beats out hexa and has a 100% mnd mod). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have DW and acc on my acp body.

Shiva.Wishes said: »

That's pretty much standard, although I'd use Aesir or Etheral over hollow. In terms of "best", Ninurtas and Savateurs probably beat that out.

This is what I use:

Back sucks but my luck with resilient has been kinda lame. Speaking of which, maybe I'll try to redo that bc right now!
By IcepickD 2011-12-03 21:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right about Brutal, I forget 2-8 attack and Double Attack aren't necessarily best friends. I get little support to actually doing Up In Underarms, so I don't know the likelihood of _getting_ a Kclub except through buying.

I also keep forgetting about Mars's Ring. Mentally, I hate gear with -stats on it, unless the +stats outweigh the -stats significantly.

The ACP body I'd consider keeping the +attack on for other WSs like Mystic Boon, personally, try to enable the broadest versatility the piece can offer.

Just my approach- at this point in my character, I'm starting to make this set an actual reality. A year ago, it my not have been one.
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-12-03 21:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really into this topic, however I do have to ask one question. If you're using Kclub and using an item that gives "Double Attack", doesn't the game go in order when going through the hits? Like...

Check Chance of hitting 8 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 7 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 6 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 5 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 4 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 3 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 2 times, yes. (thanks to Double attack from other item)

Or does it not work this way with Kclub and Double/Triple attack items?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-03 21:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gonna check for a DA before it checks for multihit.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-03 21:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Veruna said: »
Not really into this topic, however I do have to ask one question. If you're using Kclub and using an item that gives "Double Attack", doesn't the game go in order when going through the hits? Like...

Check Chance of hitting 8 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 7 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 6 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 5 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 4 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 3 times, no.
Check Chance of hitting 2 times, yes. (thanks to Double attack from other item)

Or does it not work this way with Kclub and Double/Triple attack items?
You'll still have a chance to hit 3-8 times(3-7 if you're dual wielding), but you're lowering that chance when you use DA/TA/QA gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-03 21:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI checks for multiattack procs in order of type. QA > TA > DA > all forms of OAX, including KClub. Because of this and the fact that KClub's hit distribution averages out to higher than 2 hits/round (and thus gives more additional hits per proc than a DA proc), DA will reduce your average hits/round for that hand. It'll still increase the hit frequency of the mainhand weapon though.

KClub's hit value (after DA checks) for a given round may or may not be determined in the manner you suggest, though the difference is pedantic for our purposes.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-03 21:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo if you had say 1 QA piece, 1 TA piece, and 1 DA piece, it would actually help you wearing all of them in case QA didn't go off?

Just curious
 Bismarck.Veruna
Server: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-12-03 21:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
It's gonna check for a DA before it checks for multihit.

Figured as much, lame, but ok. Thanks for clarifying, even though I'll probably never have a Kclub to worry about it.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-04 01:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

IcepickD said: »
Just my approach- at this point in my character, I'm starting to make this set an actual reality. A year ago, it my not have been one.

Compared to the game over the years (personally been playing since na release), it's easier to make gil now than it ever has been. Even just doing dyna on a daily basis can get you 1.5-2m (which is what paid for my kclub before I started making relics instead).

I had the oat naboot for awhile before I got kclub. (And still use it if I want to single wield or don't want to tp spam something with kclub). Not sure if it's the "best" out of the magians but it served me well enough (plus I got a karka ring while making it!).

PS: redid Smash! A Malevolent Menace twice this morning, got an Altius Mantle the first time, and a scroll of cure 6 the second -_-;
 Asura.Alkimi
Server: Asura
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-12-04 04:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Make sure you also take a look at the new armor being released, I'm sure there are some goodies in there coming our way that we can use.

There's a few possibilities been found:

Head:
HP+30 STR+5 INT+8 MND+8
Magic Accuracy+3
Set: Magic Accuracy+5
Lv.96 WHM/BLM/RDM/BLU/SMN/BRD/SCH

Legs:
STR+10 INT+13 MND+13
Evasion+10 Accuracy+10
Haste+3%
Set: Occasionally consumes no MP
Lv.98 WHM/BLM/RDM/SMN/BRD/SCH

Hands:
MP-15 STR+7 VIT+7 MND+7
Haste+5%
Lv.98 WHM

Feet:
MP-20 STR+5 Accuracy+5
"Store TP"+4 Haste+2%
Lv.99 WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/PUP/SCH

Waist:
STR+9 Attack+25 Double Attack-5%
Lv.98 All Jobs

Back:
Attack+17
"Everyone's Rancor"
Lv.98 All Jobs
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 04:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

:o!
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-12-04 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

:o!
Seconded! :0.........

I wonder if the Back piece for "Everyone's Rancor" will have the same effect the neck piece does, or if they'll give it a completely alternate effect.

Also, time to adjust the TP set once more...I wonder how many of those are going to be Rare/Ex.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-12-04 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo if you had say 1 QA piece, 1 TA piece, and 1 DA piece, it would actually help you wearing all of them in case QA didn't go off?

Just curious

They're not really going to reduce your damage except in extreme cases (eg Kclub); what will happen is that the "lower tier" ones you add (DA/TA in this case) become less effective as a means of increasing damage.

Previously, when it was thought that it proc'd in ascending order of hits, it would work out mathematically to reduce the damage. However, going in descending order, Brutal Earring shouldn't reduce the damage of a Kclub even singlewielding (unless my memory is wrong? I cba to do the math right now); it'll just increase it by such a tiny amount as to make other stuff worth using above it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 15:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so not going to bother doing Resilient Mantle anymore after seeing that cape :x

Watch it come out and it starts off at 10 mil and stops at 3 mil ~.~
By IcepickD 2011-12-04 21:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Head = Great Idea
Waist = Randgrith
Hands = Convenience + Lazy not to do limbus
Feet = Nice!
Back = huh? Let's see what it means!
Legs = Sexy.
 Gilgamesh.Rya
Server: Gilgamesh
user: TheRya
By Gilgamesh.Rya 2011-12-06 10:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Brutal Earring shouldn't reduce the damage of a Kclub even singlewielding (unless my memory is wrong? I cba to do the math right now); it'll just increase it by such a tiny amount as to make other stuff worth using above it.
If your mainhand DMG is significantly higher than KC (very likely) then DA may increase your meleeDOT, but it will reduce your TP gain too. Many variables could make it either a net gain or a net loss, but even if it is a net gain ... the benefits of the DA will be significantly lower. It is a gamble and very likely to be inferior to other options.

If you were single-wielding KC then Brutal reduces your swings-over-time by about 2%.

Triple Attack is extremely likely to be a net gain, but it still has a much lower benefit when using KC than when not using KC.

If you were single-wielding KC with Triple Attack, each 10% of TA reduces your swings-over-time by about 2%; AoA using KC-only is ~3% slower.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-21 14:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about some of the gear added this update!

Not sure if I'm missing anything. We got a few pretty smexy hexa things this update!

Finished Mjollnir yesterday (yay!!), got a mantle this morning. Now to just get legs to drop and catch the belt on ah, and see what kinda hexa numbers I can get =P (And finish trial to 95 >_>)

Edit: what the heck, not sure why the item set isn't working :( items are Rancor Mantle, Rubeus Spats, and Prosilio Belt! :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-12-21 14:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats on Mjollnir!!!
By IcepickD 2011-12-21 17:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ubergrats, Calipso!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-21 18:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There you go <3

Also grats on Mjollnir! :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-21 18:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally a badass back for pplz without Aesir or Resilient!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-21 18:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say

The stats on those 3 pieces alone probably is more than WHM has ever had. I wan't them :|
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24