Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-11-14 13:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Now i understand why i have seen whms melee in abyssea latetly...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-11-14 14:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
what atmas are ideal for hexa?
RR/GH/sanguine? or apoc?
or would you throw VV in there for some str?

I use RR/GH/SS when soloing EXP mobs in Abyssea to great effect. If you use a DA club as one of your weapons, I feel Apoc's value for the WS significantly decreases as you're normally swinging for seven hits anyway and chances are DA will proc on one of those hits for the eighth and max hit a WS can achieve. My range on Hexa inside Abyssea has ranged from 2K to 2.5K with spikes of 3K to 5K depending on the zone and mob.

Also, STR shouldn't matter so much and Attack can be made up with Attack food. If you have trouble making good numbers on mobs, considering swapping GH out for either VV or SA, as WHM is a heavily attack starved class when it comes to melee damage.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-11-14 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Apoc being powerful was never based on boosting multi-hit weaponskill dmg it just boosts your dps that strongly, including tping, that it overpowers SS

Well, the question was asked in context of Hexa Strike, hence my answer XD Yes, Apoc is a great TPing Atma, but as I stated, does little to boost the damage of Hexa Strike itself. ^_^

However, I feel the Apoc versus SS argument is more about playstyle than anything else. I would personally use Apoc over SS if it DID NOT have the instant cast properties it does, because I like being able to be in full potency/MND/enfeebling/etc... sets on my spells, however, that is an entirely new can of worms and I do not feel like that is conducive to the discussion of the thread ATM.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-11-15 21:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

what about alpha/omega?
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 21:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RR/GH/AaO. AoA is for reraise, and you don't need reraise.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-11-15 21:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't aware 25 attack > 5% TA.

I think that's the difference between AaO and AoA.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-11-15 21:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

you damn right you edit that ***son : p

Just for that toma!

I don't always play as White-Mage or heal as one, but when i do i sub /nin and melee.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 21:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

50 attack, and yes, it is for WHM.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-11-15 21:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Yeah, just looked that up.

50 attack would probably be better for Hexa, but when considering tp as well, 5% TA >
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 21:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just looked that up.

50 attack would probably be better for Hexa, but when considering tp as well, 5% TA >

Somewhere in the neighborhood of a 10% increase in attack is more important in all phases of WHM output than a diminished increase of 5% TA.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-11-15 21:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Food and stalwarts only brings attack to 500? I just find it hard to believe that the increase in dot and ws frequency would be trumped by that much attack.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-11-15 21:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'd have to be parsed, to be honest. WHMs are seriously that boned in the attack department, even in Abyssea. It would also depend on gear. The TA in general would devalue any DA gear you might be wearing for your TP (assuming my understanding of TA and DA is correct), so you would have to rebuild your TP set somewhat to compensate.

I think with a Meat Mithkabob and Stalwarts, I sit at around 600 Attack. Not bad, but not too great either.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-11-15 21:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless if you have DA club, how much DA would whm be sitting at? 5 from brutal and the 1% from mantle from odin are the only things I can really think of...So I can't see that being an argument about making TA not really worth having.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-11-15 22:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I can't either, honestly, lol. DA gear is really crappy for WHMs as well, so it's basically a non-factor, but I put it forward as I do use a DA club myself, so players like me would have to compensate for it to some degree.

Overall, I'd imagine TA would win out over the 50 attack, but if the 50 attack can push you over a certain threshold of defense the mob has, it may out parse the TA because your normal hits and your Hexa Strikes will be hitting that much harder.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 22:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Nope, I can't either, honestly, lol. DA gear is really crappy for WHMs as well, so it's basically a non-factor, but I put it forward as I do use a DA club myself, so players like me would have to compensate for it to some degree.

Overall, I'd imagine TA would win out over the 50 attack, but if the 50 attack can push you over a certain threshold of defense the mob has, it may out parse the TA because your normal hits and your Hexa Strikes will be hitting that much harder.

There is no threshold that any stat needs to surpass.

And the only time you'll have even reasonably consistent stalwarts is during EXP, and even then you'll have periods without them. Outside of plowing through azure boxes, you'll probably be using one stalwarts per entry.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 22:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless if you have DA club, how much DA would whm be sitting at? 5 from brutal and the 1% from mantle from odin are the only things I can really think of...So I can't see that being an argument about making TA not really worth having.
I got crit rate+3% and DA+2% on my redingote but that's about it outside brutal and mantle yeah

Why on earth would you not have DW?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-15 22:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And the only time you'll have even reasonably consistent stalwarts is during EXP, and even then you'll have periods without them. Outside of plowing through azure boxes, you'll probably be using one stalwarts per entry.

EXPing with pickups is the only time I don't have consistent Stalwarts..

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 22:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

EXPing with pickups is the only time I don't have consistent Stalwarts..

Maybe if you weren't missing all of your 0-skill Jishnu's
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-15 22:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I got crit rate+3% and DA+2% on my redingote but that's about it outside brutal and mantle yeah

I wanted a decent boost with or without /nin or /dnc, not one that's wasted when I'm only single wielding

Why are you using offensive atma when you're not /NIN?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-11-16 10:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, after reviewing the formulas for pDif and cRatio, I will admit that I am wrong and please ignore my banter on the attack stat. I always thought attack had some sort of exponential value to it, making attack more important as you stack more and more versus defense. Oops. Well, lesson learned!
[+]
By Calipso 2011-11-19 03:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to screw around in dyna as whm/dnc, these numbers were pretty much the average with a few odd lows of 1600 and a few 2200s. Only buffs were red curry and boost-str.
This is what I ws in :Need to stop being lazy and get an Aesir ear pendant. Also need a Strigoi Ring :(
Also wondering if Tatsumaki Legs with augmented att (7) and crit dmg (3%) would beat out Augur's Brais.
Also not sure if I'd do better ws'ing in a gorget or not.

This is what I tp in. Yeah, the back is meh, but my luck on Resilient mantles sucks :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-11-19 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted a decent boost with or without /nin or /dnc, not one that's wasted when I'm only single wielding

Why are you using offensive atma when you're not /NIN?

The gear is wearable outside of abyssea, at times where he may not be /nin already but can melee. He may get more general use out of the piece that way.
By IcepickD 2011-11-23 19:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reyke said: »
Would a tefnut wand be good for a hexa build?

Tefnut may not be an ideal boost for Hexa, however, we are meleeing on WHM, right? Some people think we're made of cures... wherever that silly notion comes from. -.-

Nice to think about, adds versatility, but not an incredible boost, I think.
By Calipso 2011-12-02 01:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got that out of a sky FoV box. I've seen stats go up to +4 but that's good enough for now. Yay!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-02 01:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Calipso said: »

Just got that out of a sky FoV box. I've seen stats go up to +4 but that's good enough for now. Yay!
:O /jealous
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 22 23 24