First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-14 13:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
woop, time to cap parry.

I think im sitting at around 200 skill, +52 in gear. Here's hoping....
 Phoenix.Felonius
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2011-02-14 13:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a static that just finished leveling all our subjobs to 45 in East Ronfaure [ S]. Don't just say something is dead because the majority are not doing it. Go set a trend. Be an individual (or a group of 6) that does what they want not what the mob says is the way to do things. Do things in a manner that is completely ridiculous. Laugh when you or your party members die. Wear subligar as a group and take a picture. Have fun people.

oh, and if other people make fun of your or say you are wasting time. Remember the photo and the time you enjoyed. It isn't for them to say that YOU are wasting YOUR time. Play the game the way that gets you the most enjoyment.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-02-14 13:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Why do people feel like burning a job makes you forever a gimp? At 75, most players in the game were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. That hasn't and will never change.

lol, while this true. I believe burning a job doesn't allow you to experience the job how you were supposed too. Leveling Skills, Learning how to use Job Abilities and Learning how to play your roles is all part of exping. It allows you time to be a nub, and grow out of it, something things like level sync and Abyssea have changed.

Just because you have a skill, doesn't mean its good enough to hit the mob.

Just because you have a description on how a JA works, doesn't mean you know how to use it.

Just because people tell you your jobs a tank, doesn't mean you will know how to tank with it.

Don't get me wrong, its not hard to pick up a job and play it, but having exp levels to give you skills and traits in small intervals, eases learning how parts of the job work. Allowing you to become a more skilled player.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-14 13:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
I'm not saying it causes retardation, I'm just saying it isn't fun. Achieving all of that in such a short time frame, what used to entail many great adventures and great times to be had, the satisfaction of the work it entailed.

I recently abyssea burned my WHM and RDM from 49 to 90, it took about 9 hours for each of them. I didn't feel accomplished, I didn't feel like I had done anything at all. There was no adventure, I wasn't banded with 5 others to fend of fiends for a few hours to achieve a few levels, instead I mindlessly used cure macros and chest key macros for hours, often afking from boredom and because I really wasn't needed, not even 75+.

Say what you want, grind is grind, but I enjoyed EXPing traditionally over this. Abyssea was fun the fist few times, and I would have looked at it in a more positive light if it had a steeper level for EXP. Look around, EXP parties are dead everywhere, in most cases you're soloing a job to 30 then leeching in abyssea these days. There's no fun in that, at least for me.
SE watched this video and got the hint:

Your text to link here...
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-14 13:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope Castle Z(S) wont be more crowded now. I was just getting to my stuff recently.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-14 13:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Trangnai said:
Don't get me wrong, its not hard to pick up a job and play it, but having exp levels to give you skills and traits in small intervals, eases learning how parts of the job work. Allowing you to become a more skilled player.

Remind me, when did PLD /NIN in an EXP pt pre-level sync?

Levelling rarely gave you any unbelievable measure of "skill" or "knowledge" behind the job. All that comes "behind-the-scenes", when you're supposed to be learning your job better.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-14 13:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Trangnai said:
Serj said:
Why do people feel like burning a job makes you forever a gimp? At 75, most players in the game were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. That hasn't and will never change.

lol, while this true. I believe burning a job doesn't allow you to experience the job how you were supposed too. Leveling Skills, Learning how to use Job Abilities and Learning how to play your roles is all part of exping. It allows you time to be a nub, and grow out of it, something things like level sync and Abyssea have changed.

Just because you have a skill, doesn't mean its good enough to hit the mob.

Just because you have a description on how a JA works, doesn't mean you know how to use it.

Just because people tell you your jobs a tank, doesn't mean you will know how to tank with it.

My main (serj) is deactive for awhile and I'm playing on a friend's alt (Kentora) and have been gearing and playing his thf and rng. I did a bunch of research and worked on and wrote 2 xmls for them and play them really well and never played them (realistically) before then. It took me a few days to get used to certain quirks on rng, but nothing would be different if I ground them out the old fashioned way. If anything I'm getting used to them quicker than I would because I have access to all JAs and WS instead of slowly adding them on as I leveled.

I just don't get people's complaining. Maybe they're justifying the amount of gimp players and changing the reasoning to fit the current game.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-14 13:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Felonius said:
I have a static that just finished leveling all our subjobs to 45 in East Ronfaure [ S]. Don't just say something is dead because the majority are not doing it. Go set a trend. Be an individual (or a group of 6) that does what they want not what the mob says is the way to do things. Do things in a manner that is completely ridiculous. Laugh when you or your party members die. Wear subligar as a group and take a picture. Have fun people.

oh, and if other people make fun of your or say you are wasting time. Remember the photo and the time you enjoyed. It isn't for them to say that YOU are wasting YOUR time. Play the game the way that gets you the most enjoyment.

When you mentioned 45/East Ronfaure (s).....

I went :)

Prime BST burn territory at this level on Djinns. Im actually really excited for the next level cap increase. with double exp, it should match abyssea exp rates for the first 2 hours (for leeching level), if not better. Plus with double exp, SMN burns might make a return. Quick exp for 30 mins of work, assusming exp chain doesnt cap at 350 (or whatever meripo cap was back in the day).

Im interested to see if exp chain is capped now. Id love to see abyssea caps (600+) outside of abyssea.***, id love to go meripo now just to get damn imperial standing if thats the case.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-14 13:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Games up

Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2011-02-14 13:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, seeing as this is the first ever of these mini updates, but has SE managed to sneak any new things into the game today, hidden in the .dats and all that?
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-02-14 13:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:

Remind me, when did PLD /NIN in an EXP pt pre-level sync?

Levelling rarely gave you any unbelievable measure of "skill" or "knowledge" behind the job. All that comes "behind-the-scenes", when you're supposed to be learning your job better.

lol, you learn nin when leveling nin. you make it sound like its hard to cast Utsusemi, which is all you use pld/nin for. By the time your level is capped you should know the basics of how the job works, by the time a job is 45 you should know the basics of how it would work as a sub job. The Point of the matter is, you can't even seek via level anymore, its all sync or abyss burns. If someone wanted to make a pt with a char that used ether of these options there pt would be screwed. Inviting a pld with no shield skill is like inviting a whm that can wear DD gear with gimp mp. when you hit 90 you should be able to use the job, not spend days skilling up. therefore burning a job up is moot to begin with. because you have to waste time skilling afterwords.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-02-14 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lewhawk said:
At least they didn't fix the Primal brew trick

Nope, they only made it easier to do in Heroes zones...
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-14 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Lewhawk said:

With your handy dandy portable NPC!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-14 13:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Trangnai said:
when you hit 90 you should be able to use the job, not spend days skilling up. therefore burning a job up is moot to begin with. because you have to waste time skilling afterwords.

2 days skilling VS 2+ months levelling. Yeah, I totally see your point.

When you hit 30 I expect you to know your job, my point was that you make it sound like you learn so many valuable skills from grinding 1-90, when in fact you learn far more at the end of it.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-02-14 13:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
when you hit 90 you should be able to use the job, not spend days skilling up. therefore burning a job up is moot to begin with. because you have to waste time skilling afterwords.

When you hit 30 I expect you to know your job, my point was that you make it sound like you learn so many valuable skills from grinding 1-90, when in fact you learn far more at the end of it.

>>Acting as if this update hasent made it possible to get from 1-90 in 2days without abyssea
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-14 13:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:

Id normally call BS on this, but we ll see how it goes after the update .Only possible way you can be fully skilled is if you had other jobs with the same skill already leveled. Also depends on what job you are.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-14 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:
Lewhawk said:

Portable NPC?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-14 13:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I've not been able to get on for the past 3 weeks, but I doubt you're getting 1-90 in 2 days with a 6-man PT going through the "traditional" camps purely because they upped the EXP a bit.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2011-02-14 13:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:
Lewhawk said:

Portable NPC?

Magian Spectacles say hi!
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-14 13:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xynthios said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:
Lewhawk said:

Portable NPC?

Magian Spectacles say hi!

Oh, them. I thought there was something else I was missing.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-14 13:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1-13 FOV solo 2 hours
13-30 SMN burn 2 hours
30-90 Abyssea burn 6-8 hours.

Recipe for failga.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-14 13:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
1-13 FOV solo 2 hours
13-30 SMN burn 2 hours

Recipe for failga.

You forgot to add in the countless days it will take to bring your gimp *** 30 level skill up to 90.

[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-14 14:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe this exp update will make me get off my lazy *** and level WHM...stupid job is only level 20. derp
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-14 14:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:

Id normally call BS on this, but we ll see how it goes after the update .Only possible way you can be fully skilled is if you had other jobs with the same skill already leveled. Also depends on what job you are.

I dunno, I never had that many issues skilling up Pre-update. 100 levels on GS for WAR in just over 4 hours. Seemed pretty quick to me, aside from boredom. Could just AFK hit Zvahl Fortalices too, making it so you have a 80(?) cap weapon and be up-to-scratch in just over a day.

Naturally other skills will be different/more difficult (Eva/Parry/Shield), but I capped Eva in ~2-3hr just by soloing Colibri in Abyssea - Misareaux on THF (granted it was already around Lv.80'ish level).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-14 14:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
1-13 FOV solo 2 hours
13-30 SMN burn 2 hours

Recipe for failga.

You forgot to add in the countless days it will take to bring your gimp *** 30 level skill up to 90.

Approx 3-5 days, maybe a bit longer if you don't work on it hard
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-14 14:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i feel bad for anyone who burns a job like PUP. getting all those skills up? yea... also, BLU could be annoying, can't get skills until you skill up your blu magic..
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-14 14:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
i feel bad for anyone who burns a job like PUP. getting all those skills up? yea... also, BLU could be annoying, can't get skills until you skill up your blu magic..

I was just thinking this. PUP is for sure a no no. BLU, assuming you can get all spells you need in abyssea,might be okay...

BST is another job i think no one should burn. You learn a lot about zones, mobs, solo gameplay other jobs just cant and will never offer.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-14 14:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and im in!!!!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7