First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Vonn
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2011-02-14 12:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lynxx said:
Was Really hoping for the Seal storage this update. Have one storage full of them.
THIS, SE!!! THIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-02-14 12:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
The macro bit is pretty cool, should also help those playing on console or those on PC that don't understand how to setup spellcast some hopefully.

I still really REALLY wish that abyssea had been 75+ or at least something like 60+ for EXP. Even if they doubled EXP outside of abyssea I doubt people are going to pass up leveling in 18 man parties with cruor/atma buffs to go outside again. I'd really like to do a traditional party outside of abyssea and I worry that this update is little too late now that this has become the norm.

While Abyssea brought in much content to this game that I enjoy, it also contributed to the cancer that is killing the game at the same time, at least for players like me in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

I read somewhere that might've been a x3 XP increase so you never know. It's good for at least getting subs up, or getting to 55 :o. Time to finish DNC sub :0
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-14 12:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole FOV thing will be nice to at least work on some of my subs or just for a bit of solo fun.

Might still take a while but would be nice to be able to actually work on some jobs i've been wanting to do but are still to low to participate in Abyssea.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-14 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
The macro bit is pretty cool, should also help those playing on console or those on PC that don't understand how to setup spellcast some hopefully.

I still really REALLY wish that abyssea had been 75+ or at least something like 60+ for EXP. Even if they doubled EXP outside of abyssea I doubt people are going to pass up leveling in 18 man parties with cruor/atma buffs to go outside again. I'd really like to do a traditional party outside of abyssea and I worry that this update is little too late now that this has become the norm.

While Abyssea brought in much content to this game that I enjoy, it also contributed to the cancer that is killing the game at the same time, at least for players like me in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

I read somewhere that might've been a x3 XP increase so you never know. It's good for at least getting subs up, or getting to 55 :o. Time to finish DNC sub :0

Well the minimum level for abyssea is now 65 ya?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-14 12:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually put in a suggestion, wasn't sure of it was in the right spot...

( Any of you guys know of the link to where the suggestions to SE get posted,would like to have it, if you know the direct link..)

I suggested, that to make it easier for everyone to get their Af3 easier.. Why don't they make the Af3 Seal drops from Every OP ( Ule and Alteppa etc..) Make these Tradeable amongst other players...BUT.. not Auction house able.

I actually though that ppl do throw some of these seals away b.c they haven't gotten other jobs leveled, and they they would just take up space... Would this be a better kind of update? I was thinking if they did make these Ah'able.. I'm sure these would create Havoc and Catastophe in selling seals.. but could these be made just so that they are tradeable amongst other players??? hmmmmm?

Thoughts, ideas on this type of update?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-02-14 12:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

Just my two cents.

Well the minimum level for abyssea is now 65 ya?

Learn to quote better :o lol......

I meant exp from dominion ops isn't respectably high till around 55ish :o
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-14 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
I suggested, that to make it easier for everyone to get their Af3 easier.. Why don't they make the Af3 Seal drops from Every OP ( Ule and Alteppa etc..) Make these Tradeable amongst other players...BUT.. not Auction house able.
Uh because everyone would have their gear already and there would be nothing left to do in Abyssea except farm empyrean weapons or some random ra/ex drop.

The last thing this game needs is people not having any content to do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-02-14 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

( Any of you guys know of the link to where the suggestions to SE get posted,would like to have it, if you know the direct link..)

I actually though that ppl do throw some of these seals away b.c they haven't gotten other jobs leveled, and they they would just take up space... Would this be a better kind of update? I was thinking if they did make these Ah'able.. I'm sure these would create Havoc and Catastophe in selling seals.. but could these be made just so that they are tradeable amongst other players??? hmmmmm?

Sorry for double post. In their Q&A sessions they said that if they made it easier it'd 'ruin game balance"
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-14 12:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they'd do something with crests, BCNMs again....

Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-14 12:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

I would love this :x I haven't got a single DRG seal from any quest i've done (this is only for head seals :x) would love to be able to work together with people (unless they are all greedy ***) to get ***done.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-14 12:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flesheater said:
Alexander.Varistor said:
Bahamut.Angelos said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Phaffi said:
so no atma books? :(
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-14 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i think right now, atleast AF+1 should be readily avaialable to everyone, it gives each class its identity. you KNOW you are playing with a WAR, or a DRK. when 99 comes out, i hope AF+2 is made easier to get, and they release +3 which is the cream of the crop, best ***for your job ever. but very hard to get.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

woop, time to cap parry.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2011-02-14 12:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

Just my two cents.

I just miss actually somewhat challenging grinding, or at least having to pay attention. Gone are the days of most of this.

I miss the sunset in Valkurm, the crazy times in Qufim and Delkfutt, getting lost in Garlaige, the sack room in Crawler's Nest, riding an airship to Kazham, KRT parties, killing weapons in sky, and meriting for hours on end on Greater Colibri seeing how high of a chain I could achieve.

I feel that these parties were more coordinated and fun than most of what abyssea EXP offers. They required stricter cooperation. Most traditional abyssea PTs I'm in just seem like ultra zombie mode: the cluster ***. I don't actually "meet" anyone in abyssea, nor can I fairly judge a player for his skill when enemies die in a single weapon skill.

Again I really feel like Abyssea should have just been EXP 75+, or not even an area used to gain EXP, loot only.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
i think right now, atleast AF+1 should be readily avaialable to everyone, it gives each class its identity. you KNOW you are playing with a WAR, or a DRK. when 99 comes out, i hope AF+2 is made easier to get, and they release +3 which is the cream of the crop, best ***for your job ever. but very hard to get.

Agreed, but +2 is already easy enough to get.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-14 12:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

Agreed, but +2 is already easy enough to get.
yea, but it's a pain in the *** if your stuff never drops, or you just have issues getting people. i have a feeling getting my af+1 pup feet is going to be a PITA

- not to mention, pup shares +2 stones with SAM, which everyone and there mom has leveled
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-14 12:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

the crap for empyrean weapons needs to be stackable, period.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 13:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
the crap for empyrean weapons needs to be stackable, period.
this.
The items for third trial are stackable...I don't see why they have not updated the earlier items.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-14 13:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zinc ore needs to be stackable too >.>
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-02-14 13:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

Just my two cents.

I just miss actually somewhat challenging grinding, or at least having to pay attention. Gone are the days of most of this.

I miss the sunset in Valkurm, the crazy times in Qufim and Delkfutt, getting lost in Garlaige, the sack room in Crawler's Nest, riding an airship to Kazham, KRT parties, killing weapons in sky, and meriting for hours on end on Greater Colibri seeing how high of a chain I could achieve.

I feel that these parties were more coordinated and fun than most of what abyssea EXP offers. They required stricter cooperation. Most traditional abyssea PTs I'm in just seem like ultra zombie mode: the cluster ***. I don't actually "meet" anyone in abyssea, nor can I fairly judge a player for his skill when enemies die in a single weapon skill.

Again I really feel like Abyssea should have just been EXP 75+, or not even an area used to gain EXP, loot only.

:o I agree, we won't be seeing a lot of new players to turn out to be high caliber. Goone are the days of leveling BRD to push your main ahead of the game.. or attempt to make it a DD :x lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-14 13:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
They're called Ingots
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-02-14 13:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note... still hoping for a multi-lfp option...
By Serj 2011-02-14 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people feel like burning a job makes you forever a gimp? At 75, most players in the game were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. That hasn't and will never change.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-02-14 13:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
...and cue buffalo meat price spike.
Buy from NPC in Ru'lude Gardens.
After even more of her stock has been purchased (roughly 250,000 gil), will offer the following:

Name Price
Uleguerand Milk 100
Chalaimbille 250
Cheese Sandwich 800
Bavarois 3,360
Cream Puff 1,300
Buffalo Milk Case 5,000
Buffalo Meat 1,280
Ain't seeing it happen any time soon.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2011-02-14 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying it causes retardation, I'm just saying it isn't fun. Achieving all of that in such a short time frame, what used to entail many great adventures and great times to be had, the satisfaction of the work it entailed.

I recently abyssea burned my WHM and RDM from 49 to 90, it took about 9 hours for each of them. I didn't feel accomplished, I didn't feel like I had done anything at all. There was no adventure, I wasn't banded with 5 others to fend of fiends for a few hours to achieve a few levels, instead I mindlessly used cure macros and chest key macros for hours, often afking from boredom and because I really wasn't needed, not even 75+.

Say what you want, grind is grind, but I enjoyed EXPing traditionally over this. Abyssea was fun the fist few times, and I would have looked at it in a more positive light if it had a steeper level for EXP. Look around, EXP parties are dead everywhere, in most cases you're soloing a job to 30 then leeching in abyssea these days. There's no fun in that, at least for me.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-14 13:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
They're called Ingots
Zingots?
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-14 13:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
I'm not saying it causes retardation, I'm just saying it isn't fun. Achieving all of that in such a short time frame, what used to entail many great adventures and great times to be had, the satisfaction of the work it entailed.

I recently abyssea burned my WHM and RDM from 49 to 90, it took about 9 hours for each of them. I didn't feel accomplished, I didn't feel like I had done anything at all. There was no adventure, I wasn't banded with 5 others to fend of fiends for a few hours to achieve a few levels, instead I mindlessly used cure macros and chest key macros for hours, often afking from boredom and because I really wasn't needed, not even 75+.

Say what you want, grind is grind, but I enjoyed EXPing traditionally over this. Abyssea was fun the fist few times, and I would have looked at it in a more positive light if it had a steeper level for EXP. Look around, EXP parties are dead everywhere, in most cases you're soloing a job to 30 then leeching in abyssea these days. There's no fun in that, at least for me.

I soloed most of my sub jobs to 37. With the increase in exp, I can see myself soloing the remaining subs to 49 (within reason). I don't mind exp pts for subs, but once you hit 10k+ exp for a level, I rather burn it in abyssea than pt on it for weeks outside.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7