Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22280 22281 22282 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-06 19:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

cant wait til i can buy the devil's lettuce at walmart. ***is like magic for pain relief
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-06 19:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

While I hate the smell myself, I don't believe people should be in prison for it. That's my only thing. Sell it, buy it, grow it, use it, whatever. It has always been *** and the only gateway it is really is a gateway into searching your possessions and legally stealing everything you own.

Good luck finding a new excuse to search and steal, ***. No more "I smell pot". Now that all that time wasted on pot crime is ending, maybe, just maybe (I doubt it) they can actually do something of actual benefit to society.

((It'll just be more speeding tickets, they're not going to actually do anything positive))
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-06 20:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
cant wait til i can buy the devil's lettuce at walmart. ***is like magic for pain relief
My parents were super against making it legal in Canada until they experienced first-hand its medicinal properties and now they're all over it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-10-06 20:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
While I hate the smell myself, I don't believe people should be in prison for it. That's my only thing. Sell it, buy it, grow it, use it, whatever. It has always been *** and the only gateway it is really is a gateway into searching your possessions and legally stealing everything you own.

Good luck finding a new excuse to search and steal, ***. No more "I smell pot". Now that all that time wasted on pot crime is ending, maybe, just maybe (I doubt it) they can actually do something of actual benefit to society.

((It'll just be more speeding tickets, they're not going to actually do anything positive))

Don't get ahead of yourself, here. Federal marijuana possession charges are already quite rare, and it would make sense that a certain proportion of those are due to reduced charges from plea deals related to more serious crimes. You should expect to see possession charges on a local level in many states still. I absolutely agree that it shouldn't be a schedule I drug, though (probably closer to III).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-06 20:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
My parents were super against making it legal in Canada until they experienced first-hand its medicinal properties and now they're all over it.

100% the only thing that helped with my cancer and surgery pains, and I was on morphine, fentanyl, everything.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-06 20:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally the states follow suit and drop their charges too, and pursuits of, (but christ what a shitload of money they'll lose!)

So of course the obvious is obvious.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-06 20:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-10-06 20:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally the states follow suit and drop their charges too, and pursuits of, (but christ what a shitload of money they'll lose!)

I'm sure some will (again, look at what month it is), but many states don't give a crap about what comes out of D.C.

Local law enforcement is concerned primarily with local crimes, so that won't stop them if it's on the books in their city or state.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-06 21:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

(Super Mario movie trailer)
The opening to the trailer got me pretty excited, and then the trailer took a weird turn onto "every movie trailer formula" boulevard and took me out of it. I hope it's successful, though.

My friends and I were talking that between the quality of Detective Pikachu and the two Sonic Movies, if this is successful as well, it might really open the gates for quality video game-based movies. Sort of like how Raimi's Spider-Man movies and then Nolan's Dark Knight made the general moviegoing audience appreciate superhero flicks and paved the way for the eventual success of the MCU.
By Viciouss 2022-10-06 21:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, they make it all back by just legalizing it and applying sales tax. They could triple the sales tax and people would pay it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-06 21:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the for profit prisons, and the police. not the state.

Crimes aren't punished because theyre bad, they're punished to gain money. And legal slave labor.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-10-06 21:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying that this thread has been about pot and a mario movie for the last 20 or so posts. Somehow, I find these to be connected.

Still going to hate Mario voiced by Chris Pratt. It's just not right.

As far as the "I smell weed so I can search your car" excuse that cops have used for warrantless / permissionless seaaches of vehicles and houses, yeah. Really glad they can't use that loophole as much anymore. Anyone with half a mind about it (both private citizens and the police) always knew it was a total joke of a way to get around those actual reasons that would allow a cop to search a vehicle/residence.

As far as the smell of it goes, I like the way the plant smells. I am kind of meh about the smoke smell, but I know it is better than cigarette smoke, but maybe not as good as a quality pipe tobacco smoke smell.

Those are my random thoughts. That's what I'm thinking.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-10-06 21:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
I'm enjoying that this thread has been about pot and a mario movie for the last 20 or so posts. Somehow, I find these to be connected.

TY so much for saying this. I've started to reply like 8 times, but talked myself out of it.

Getting baked and watching the Mario movie would be... great.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2022-10-07 01:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just been informed by an Italian on Youtube that Super Mario's name is pronounced with an "air" sound instead of an "are" sound and now nothing makes sense in this world anymore.
Perhaps he was referring to the "Super" part?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-07 02:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Be kinda funny if it backfires, and all the legal Marijuana blunts voter turnout.

*ahem* I mean...

Blunts Mario movie turnout? I heard that French dub got a way better VA than Chris Pratt. No offense to Pratt, but he isn't a VA, and he doesn't fit Mario at all.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-07 02:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Mod Hypocrisy alert: We should probably shy away from flirting with the topic. I really don't mind, but Rooks does. I just had to indulge too.

If any of you have a hot button issue, whether it be from a left wing news source/slant or a better news slant, feel free to PM it to me. I likely can't endorse it either way, but if you just gotta get something off your chest, my inbox is open.

(Also I miss P&R, sorry about not getting my site access back sooner and saving y'all {possibly})
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-10-07 06:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. The absolute internet backlash over the Chris Pratt voice of Mario reminds me exactly of how people flipped their ***over how Sonic looked in that movie's original trailer. I have not seen one person say that it is a good voice for Mario.

I'm really hoping they see this and fix it, but since it's Nintendo, they are so bull-headed, they will probably press ahead with it with no change because I dunno. Maybe someone at Nintendo's offices would have to put a katana into their gut if they brought shame to Nintendo or something. I don't know how Japanese companies work after the year 1200.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 06:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a fan of Pratt in general. He's a fine Starlord but everything else is meh at best. He just keeps getting cast, over and over.
By Viciouss 2022-10-07 06:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a fan of Pratt in general. He's a fine Starlord but everything else is meh at best. He just keeps getting cast, over and over.

Yeah it's kind of a mystery to me too. He doesn't have anything outside of the MCU. The Jurassic World movies were hot garbage and he was part of the problem. He should have been eaten in his very first scene.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-10-07 07:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

He's safe. They put one of those chips in his brain that explodes if he messes around and isn't milquetoast.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-07 07:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing the answer is "star power", but why wouldn't they just hire Mario's actual voice actor for the movie? In fact, I think they even kept Martinet on for other voices in the movie.

Oh well. I won't harp on it too much, especially without having seen the end product. I still wish the production success.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-10-07 10:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just have to remember that, like many things people complain about on the internet, it wasn't made for me. This is going to be aimed at children with maybe a few *wink wink nudge nudge* jokes for adults. It doesn't have to appeal to the nostalgic people that grew up on Mario 1-3 on the NES because nostalgia isn't needed for a property that is still producing content.

We will always have the REAL Mario brothers to watch no matter what happens with the upcoming movie.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-07 10:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't have to appeal to the nostalgic people that grew up on Mario 1-3 on the NES because nostalgia isn't needed for a property that is still producing content.
That's definitely the difference between Sonic and Mario. Mario games are extremely accessible and are a lot of kids' first gaming experiences as a result. Whether you grew up with Mario 1, Mario 3, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Mario Odyssey, or whatever, every kid had a chance to grow up with Mario.

Sonic games are almost exclusively made for people who are already fans of the franchise. I doubt a lot of people under the age of 20 care in the slightest about Sonic.

It's kinda like Pokemon. While I'm sure a lot of younger kids play Pokemon, I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of people who play Pokemon are adults.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-07 12:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all ever listen to the Mystic Ark soundtrack? Or play it?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-10-07 12:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me feel like a magic girl anime lead is about to hype up for the final battle vs the big bad.

Also, nice topic change post. I was taught to do that in this other video game I used to mod for. My go-to distraction was always something to do with food. Normally pizza or hamburger place faves gets the chat really distracted because everyone seems to have a favorite.

It's really a life skill because you can use this technique in real life to distract and change topics irl as well as in-game, forums, and social media.

October 7, 2022. I was there the day Vyre cancelled Mario.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-07 12:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh if you wanna keep talking about Mario movie and Mario in general, that's fine. I just woke up in the mood to listen to Mystic Ark OST for some reason.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-10-07 12:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Get your Vyre plushes now!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-07 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Get your Vyre plushes now!
Your next post is number 1000. Make it count!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-07 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't put too much pressure on Esdain! You'll break her!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 15:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooooo I found an ASUS 1080 Strix for $100

Guess I'm flipping a "gaming pc"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22280 22281 22282 ... 22553 22554 22555