Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21906 21907 21908 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-21 05:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1173790/FINAL_FANTASY_III/

holy ***really looks good and not f'd like the FF6 Steam version

*new images*

I didn't see FFVI. Womp womp.

So yeah. I can play FF1~4 HD on PSP emulator. FFV and FFVI have been remade for PC in HD even though the UI is so terribad that you need to install fan-made mods to bring them up to speed. Seriously. I think they even released FFV and FFVI through steam and now they're trying to sell them again? Is this a package deal? Bonkers!

Just wait until you find out that the 7th Heaven FFVII launcher exists and you can play FFVII for PC in HD through backgrounds up-scaled using artificial learning (or something) and with all sorts of fan-made mods.

See my lengthy explanation of that here:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55377/7th-heaven-ffvii-pc-launcher-w-1-click-hd-mods/

Oh, but nice find that SE is re-releasing their old games. Wait. They always do that. How many versions of Final Fantasy IV including multiple revisions and alternate languages do I own by now??? Ermahgerd. So. Many. Other than FF1 which got a lot of mobile remakes/rereleases on many devices in Asia, I think FFIV has to be the most remade/ported/remastered game in the series.

Anyway. Back to grinding for Mindflayer summon in FFIV Advance for GBA.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-21 07:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some extremely crazy things people are doing with AI programs.

They're using AI to generate cities and other mundane stuff in movies. If it's as easy as writing an algorithm to fill in the blanks, I wonder what this means for the future of computer graphics. Like, instead of a game occupying 120 GB of storage, it has 2 GB worth of photos and a program to overlay it in real-time. Then you don't have to have a pre-built world at all. Or you use the program to generate most of it and then get a skilled professional to step in and touch it up.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-21 09:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I just read in the news feed about Bezos flying to space.

But what I didnt notice what that it was such a short trip. I was thinking he would go all the way to the moon, but it was said that he just went 100KM.

After a quick research on google, the distance from Earth to Moon is almost 400.000Km, then I guess thats a long way to go, even to billionaires.
Two comments.

Bezos can go to space but his workers can't go to the bathroom.

Why did we let him come down without at least a landing fee?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-21 11:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
but his workers can't go to the bathroom.
His workers can't even try to escape the downward spiral of minimum wage work, as they are contractually prohibited from working on entrepreneurial side-projects even on their own time.

Rule 8 even prohibits you from assisting a friend on their own projects unless they too are under Amazon's contracts. And because of rule 7, they own the rights to any intellectual property you develop even when not on the clock.

Good luck ever being able to afford quitting Amazon! :D
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-21 11:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

'Cannibal Holocaust' was the best thing the Amazon ever produced.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-21 11:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

TennoCon was kinda bad this year. Sad.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-21 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait for ElevennoCon. It's always at least one better.

Since that was Level: "Dad joke" I went to google to find a New Balance shoe image and found out models are wearing them now.

Fancy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-21 16:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So any of you ever done/thought about alignerco (basically invisalign braces)

Just curious, they're doing a good sale and I've been on the fence for a while. $895 is really good (US prices...) for the process, but when something is that well priced, always seems shady. Not the worlds best option, but cheap and effective is king, if it is.

Thought about going to mexico to just do the surgical straightening, super cheap and instant instead of months but the whole 2020 zombie apocalypse really *** that plan up.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-21 16:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. What is this feeling?

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-21 16:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Just curious, they're doing a good sale and I've been on the fence for a while. $895 is really good (US prices...) for the process, but when something is that well priced, always seems shady. Not the worlds best option, but cheap and effective is king, if it is.

Thought about going to mexico to just do the surgical straightening, super cheap and instant instead of months but the whole 2020 zombie apocalypse really *** that plan up.

Thought, yes.

About do it, not that fast. This technology is quite promising and indeed ive been thinking in using braces to fix 4 teeths, and invisalign would save me the pain of maintening it for months.

But i think its still pretty expensive and its not like its that much noticeable anyway, so my current thought is that i can wait till those prices drops even more or that technology improves even further.
By Shichishito 2021-07-21 17:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

those new types of removable braces might be "invisible" but i assume(!) the foreign object in your mouth will still make you sound different when you speak so ppl probably will still notice you wearing braces.

the thing with removeable braces is you have to wear them continually cause if you remove them for too long the teeth have the tendency to shift back to their original position.

so lets assume you have the discipline to wear them thru out the day despite them beeing uncomfortable. you'll also want to wear them at night. now paradoxically some ppl go to bed wearing their braces on their teeth and wake up to find them anywhere but in their mouths. not sure wether it's a subconscious hate towards the braces or a matter of wether you breath thru your nose or your mouth at night but it happens.

if you lost them early in your sleep cycle you can lose the progress you made during the day and that can drag out the whole process.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-21 17:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it's going to suck. nothing about it (any form of it) suggests that it will be anything but suck.

The only question is, how legit is it.

Wire braces run like 7 grand, invisalign can run 3-5 grand, this is 1 grand with 20% off currently.

When you pay less, you get less. Obviously. But I don't need all the extra stuff the other 6 grand includes. I just want my trays. I'll do it, no matter the discomfort. but if the trays are dogshit and I grind them into paste then that's not gonna work.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-21 17:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When you pay less, you get less. Obviously. But I don't need all the extra stuff the other 6 grand includes. I just want my trays. I'll do it, no matter the discomfort. but if the trays are dogshit and I grind them into paste then that's not gonna work.
An alternative. Kid 3D-printed his own invisible braces and successfully corrected his teeth for about $60.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-21 17:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he also used his schools million dollar printer and programs to do it...

Buying a $100 printer and some jank *** filament ain't where it's at
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-21 18:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about the invisalign imo is that first, you dont need to glue it in your teeths and two, it shouldnt hurt inside your mouth.

Also easier to brush if you can remove it.

Im also ok if i end extending the treatment some more months because i remove them here and there. Because it seems a good trade off for more QoL in the treatment
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-21 18:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I talked to an orthodontist and supposedly there are things braces can do that Invisalign can't.

Which sucks because they screwed up with my treatment and I'd have to get braces all over again. No thanks. My skin disease made it so I had non-stop blisters all over my gums and lips for all of middle school.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-07-21 18:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did invisalign, 10 trays in I think 6 or 7 months, I forget. I think it was $2k up front, but I had $1k covered from dental insurance, look into it to see if they'll cover any

What they didn't tell me, was when I showed up to the appointment they were like "oh, we have to glue these 'buttons' onto your teeth for the invisilign to attach to in order to better/faster move your teeth."

I thought it was just trays, the buttons were a pain in the ***, as anytime you didn't have your trays in, (and even when you had your trays in) you looked like some shark monster with sharp protrusions coming from your teeth...

Obviously it was easier to talk without the trays in your mouth, but they were pretty thin, so it wasn't THAT obtrusive, I was a bad person and didn't wear retainers after braces when I was a teen, but that was because the retainer was insanely thick and I couldn't sleep with them, or even talk with them, hence the reason why I later went for invisalign

Honestly, if it's a choice between 2 years of braces (obviously better movement than invisilign) or the 6 months of invisilign, I would do invisilign again. I do miss the better appearance of what braces did, but *** am I going to have that ***on my teeth for 2 years - they could have done another 10 trays of invisilign to improve, but I was happy and done

Also FYI - I moved cross country after I had my invisilign in, and could not find a dentist that would drill off my buttons without being a pain in the *** and trying to charge $600+ to do it. It would have been covered if I flew back to my original invisilign dentist, but ***, I finally found some dentist to do it for $100 if I enrolled with them for cleanings, etc

Also if the "quick fix" is them sawing down all your teeth to nubs to put in the teeth overlay, personally I would NOT do that, they only last like 15 years, and potentially can cause bone loss to where you have to wear dentures afterwards, I would look into the long-term effects

TLDR: invisilign is NOT just trays, you still have little buttons glued to your teeth. 6mo+ invisilign VS 2yrs braces VS potentially long-term hazardous "quick fix"... I would pick invisilign
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-21 18:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The alignerco system has literally zero actual dentist. It could be some *** with a nice dental grade printer who's going to get sued out of existence in 6 months, who knows lol.

They send you a mold, you mold your teeth and send it back. They send trays. It's 100% up to you. None of that applies. (if I understand correctly, which is why I'm asking)
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-07-21 19:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The alignerco system has literally zero actual dentist. It could be some *** with a nice dental grade printer who's going to get sued out of existence in 6 months, who knows lol.

They send you a mold, you mold your teeth and send it back. They send trays. It's 100% up to you. None of that applies. (if I understand correctly, which is why I'm asking)
Why not do actual invisalign? Sorry I just saw the invisalign part and thought it was just a different brand. I edited in what it cost me, $2k, but my insurance covered $1k, so $1k, I'd assume invisalign is leagues better in teeth movement for the price than what you can get with some trenchcoat wearing guy, the price sounds somewhat comparable to, to at least what I experienced anyway
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-21 19:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just going with what the internet tells me,

For 895, it's worth looking into, unless invisalign would run me about the same give or take (they're running 20% off)
By Shichishito 2021-07-21 20:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

are we going to get pre and after shots?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-21 21:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a vanguard art project, group, or foundation in your area. Get involved and support it. Experience something completely outside of your norm and dig into it with the same passion as your favorite things.

Not for the art. Not for the artists. For yourself. There is much beauty in this world, and right now it needs help finding a voice. And maybe, by helping them find that voice, you discover a new joy in your life.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-21 21:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I had wire bracers as a kid, they straightened my teeth but they didn't cure the why.

The why was I slept with my tongue between my teeth pushing my top teeth out. I should have slept with a retainer the rest of my life.

Not the orthodontist's job in the mid century. Perhaps even outside of their knowledge base then, IDK.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-22 09:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started rewatching 'Dead Like Me' since it had been a while and I always enjoyed that show. A bit into it, I google'd what the actors had been in since and came across:

I got super excited because it would be crazy if Netflix picked up an old show like that and gave it a proper season 3 if the original cast was all down.

Then I realized.

'Dead Like Me' and 'Dead To Me' are not the same thing. I don't even know what 'Dead To Me' is, but after this large of a letdown this early in the day, it will forever be dead to me.

In barely related news, when looking for a gif for "no chance in hell", I came across what was called "White trash walking into Walmart on payday" and it was glorious.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-22 14:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

oh lawd yes

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2021-07-22 14:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to play ffzi on a tablet?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-22 14:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
oh lawd yes

(Dead Space trailer)
I'm such a wuss when it comes to horror in video games. I've got it so bad that when I was a kid I needed someone to keep me company when I was playing through Boo's Haunt in Super Mario 64. Though in my defense, that effing piano is no joke.

Movies are a different story, mind you. Games just tend to draw me in, and I grow unusually empathetic towards the character(s) I'm playing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-22 16:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Never tried but ive been thinking this option since i started to know a little about VM.

https://www.baitando.com/it/2021/01/01/setting-up-a-cloud-gaming-vm
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-22 16:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and connect to a monitor
By RadialArcana 2021-07-22 16:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
RadialArcana said: »
oh lawd yes

(Dead Space trailer)
I'm such a wuss when it comes to horror in video games. I've got it so bad that when I was a kid I needed someone to keep me company when I was playing through Boo's Haunt in Super Mario 64. Though in my defense, that effing piano is no joke.

Movies are a different story, mind you. Games just tend to draw me in, and I grow unusually empathetic towards the character(s) I'm playing.

Surprising how many people can't play horror games. Had a few friends that point blank refused to play them over the years.

Outlast and Alien Isolation are fantastic.
First Page 2 3 ... 21906 21907 21908 ... 22553 22554 22555