Anyone On Asura Interest In AFK PLing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Anyone on Asura interest in AFK PLing?
Anyone on Asura interest in AFK PLing?
First Page 2 3
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-01-11 16:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is no longer relevant as I am no longer doing runs.

- Thank you.

P.S. Removed all posts by me so there is no confusion.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 16:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

there's probably plenty lazy *** who'll take you up on that offer depending on the price lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2011-01-11 17:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

100k per lvl then?
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2011-01-11 17:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ringmastersword said:
That would be more than good, except that no one would go for it overall. I think 100k from 30-xx then xx-xx and xx-90 or something is how it'll end up Im thinking.

Yeah sounds right, most people charged for PL during ToAH and i didnt do it often but when i did i charged per lvl and it was like 5k, it doesnt seem much but when you get lik 10-12 lvls in a couple of hours then its well more then enough for the time.
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2011-01-11 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ya very well could be. I think for me it would largely depend how many people I can get to want to at a time. If i had 5+ at once it feels a lot more worth while. However its also split x4 so 100k only ends up 25k per. Makes things a bit less motivating.

Yeah something like that would have to be a ls thing to do and prolly put it in a ls bank (if your using one) then its just more of finding someone that needs to be leveled and quick. But then if people leave and you have to rep it would take more so maybe it wouldnt work as a ls thing lol
[+]
 Asura.Antisociall
By Asura.Antisociall 2011-01-11 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you would get many people willing to take you up on your offer, I often see people in the linkshell and in port jeuno asking about been a keywhore..... I'm sure if the price was fair they would be happy to pay to leech exp with you.

To tell you the truth, if the price was fair I would take you up on your offer too.... just to level those pesky subjobs lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2011-01-11 17:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My old LS on used to do (and I'm pretty sure still do) it kind of with this setup:

Puller x2 (BRD & COR)
DD (Relic)
DD (Relic)
DD (Average)
Keyleech x2
Afk Leecher clients x4
And the rest were BLM and healers.
*All of this was done with 0 atma*

They would have an auction-type thing with bids and such. People would pay 750k-2 million gil (with a minimum bid of 500k.) The 4 clients that would have the highest bids would be able to leech. Profits would be split up within LS members and we would receive 600k+ most of the time for a mere 3-4H of work.

This was before Kismet, Dominion and before most people knew about atma. I'm guessing that now this could be easily done without any relics considering with 3 kismet and 3 atmas a BLU could solo his exp at Alliance-close speed, and start getting time extenders 10 minutes in.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 18:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys really think people will pay 100k per level? i support you trying to make money off people willing to spend it but that seems high. especially considering how quickly you can get exp in domi
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 18:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
you guys really think people will pay 100k per level? i support you trying to make money off people willing to spend it but that seems high. especially considering how quickly you can get exp in domi

No thats not what I meant. I'm trying to come up with a fair range for it. So like 30-40 100k | 40-49 100k 50-60 xx etc. Essentially if people had the money I could run a maats cap fairly quick lol. (yay for the atma at least?)

oh that seems much more fair I bet you could find people that would be willing to pay something like that. good luck man
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 18:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

No thats not what I meant. I'm trying to come up with a fair range for it. So like 30-40 100k | 40-49 100k 50-60 xx etc. Essentially if people had the money I could run a maats cap fairly quick lol. (yay for the atma at least?)

oh that seems much more fair I bet you could find people that would be willing to pay something like that. good luck man
you didn't read this thread very well ya goof :P

post #3
Caitsith.Surge said:
100k per lvl then?

post #4

That would be more than good, except that no one would go for it overall. I think 100k from 30-xx then xx-xx and xx-90 or something is how it'll end up Im thinking.

:P

Hope you get some takers OP, gotta make the $ while the steel is hot!
[+]
 Asura.Alessandara
user: demonatx
By Asura.Alessandara 2011-01-11 18:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be willing to pay 100k for every 10 levels and I'd be your best customer :p
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-11 18:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yeeep just get 2 warriors, sleepers, puller and unleash the fell cleaving for profit. Asurans will pay for anything...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-01-11 18:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:
yeeep just get 2 warriors, sleepers, puller and unleash the fell cleaving for profit. Asurans will pay for anything...

That's a complex fell cleave pt. I do 1 war and a rdm for phalanx2.
[+]
 Asura.Antisociall
By Asura.Antisociall 2011-01-11 19:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

At 100k per 10 levels up to 50 or 60 I would bite your hand off lol and I'm willing to bet many others would too :)

I'm thinking about leveling SMN to 90... at the moment its 35, but the idea of main healing through all the levels kinda puts me off a little.... So if you were to start this idea of yours I would be coming to you to help me to as high as possible lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-11 19:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should set a "per level" amount within brackets of 10

30 - 39 10K per level.

40 - 49 20K per level

50 - 79 25K per level.

80 - 90 50K per level.

This is just an example. You can play with your numbers a bit if you wish. Good Luck!

Cerberus.Nutt
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-11 19:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but what about folks that only want to do 5 levels? You're going to charge them a flat rate?
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-11 20:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Asura.Echandra said:

That's a complex fell cleave pt. I do 1 war and a rdm for phalanx2.

Of course you could dumb it down, but ehh mowing down as many mobs as possible quickly is all I care about. We usually go as a group of friends for stuff and 2 of them are warriors sometimes there's a blue in there too *shrug*

too many numbers @_@ I think nutt had the right idea. I just wish you'd implement this idea quickly to pick up all these homeless shouting in port jeuno, so they'd quit lagging the zone up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-11 20:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Echandra. I was trying to do simple numbers that can be multiplied easily.

You'll get more customers if you keep stuff simple.
 Caitsith.Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2011-01-11 20:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:
Yes but what about folks that only want to do 5 levels? You're going to charge them a flat rate?

I wouldnt think the whole price would be charged bout 50% would be the fairst price. I think i could charge 10k per lvl and you tell them the lvls and then aim for that. The thing would be is to either pay in advance or at the end of your lvling?

Ok so, at this point its looking like we'll go on a general basis of 100-150k from 30-40, and another 100-150 from 40-49. Looks like most of the people wanting this will just be doing subs, which is fine but means they wont be around long per run which sucks. Now, anyone have an idea on what kind of scaling to do for 50+? Obviously 100k from 80-90 isnt exactly worth it in comparison.

From 80-90 i would think close to 200k (20k per lvl) but at that point they could very much have there own pts so i would think it would be lower since they could actually help out if they are gonna be afk through it tho then i would charge full but thats me

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-11 21:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt make enough money SMN burning so gotta abyssea burn.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-11 21:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Didnt make enough money SMN burning so gotta abyssea burn.

Hey, if he can hash out a workable price structure, more power to him. I know I'd pay 100k to ungimp my WHM sub. I'm just not good at the job, and I'm especially bad at tracking and curing multiple status ailments (although I am getting better at it).

Besides whining and tossing thinly-veiled insults, what are you doing? What business ventures are you exploring?
[+]
First Page 2 3