Anyone On Asura Interest In AFK PLing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Anyone on Asura interest in AFK PLing?
Anyone on Asura interest in AFK PLing?
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-11 21:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He can charge whatever, it's the dumbfucks paying that need to put down the game....
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-11 21:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
He can charge whatever, it's the dumbfucks paying that need to put down the game....

I wasn't aware developing, advertising, and selling a service makes someone a dumbfuck. What are you, anti-capitalist?

I'll spend my gil however I see fit, thank you very much.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 21:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Who are you to say being able to do other things (work, homework, go out with friends, etc) while getting EXP isn't worth a certain amount of gil to someone other than yourself? EXP has a pretty hefty opportunity cost for average groups in old zones, all things considered.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-11 21:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI leveling is so easy, iono how you can't get anything done for free even. I guess the lazy get lazier.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-11 21:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
FFXI leveling is so easy, iono how you can't get anything done for free even. I guess the lazy get lazier.

Not everyone has friends/not everyone wants to ask their friends to do something like that for them... etc. There's many a reason people would use such a service. Just because it's not right for you doesn't mean it isn't a great option for some people.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 21:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
that's pretty much the truth of it.

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

Not everyone has friends/not everyone wants to ask their friends to do something like that for them... etc. There's many a reason people would use such a service. Just because it's not right for you doesn't mean it isn't a great option for some people.
solution:get friends, ask friends.
not wanting to ask a friend for help is just laziness.
because you then have to be attached to the fact that you might have to lend them a favor in the future.
that might not be the case all the time, but honestly there is no excuse past being lazy. not saying lazy is a bad excuse though.

now not keeping up with the other ***that entails with leeching those levels is where the bad excuses come into play.
but past that goes into gear elitist garble which is meh.

(edit: and i see no real problem if it's for subs, but I like leveling my subs....lets you experience the game in a different way than your main...but meh)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 22:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Of course it's easy. The problem is it takes so much time if you do the oldschool method. I'd much rather be out doing something I enjoy. Also, lazy? You still have to make gil to be able to use this service.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 22:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Believe it or not a lot of people don't need EXP/merits anymore, at all. Hard to leech off friends when none of them are spending quality time in EXP camps. At that point, it's just inconsiderate to ask them to let you leech since they're going out of their way to get you EXP.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 22:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Believe it or not a lot of people don't need EXP anymore, at all. Hard to leech off friends when none of them are spending quality time in EXP camps. At that point, it's just inconsiderate to ask them to let you leech since they're going out of their way to get you EXP.
So why is there a marketable need for exp leeching then since a lot don't need it anymore?

It all boils down to people wanting to get EXP while not playing the game.

Not saying that it's bad, time is precious.
But it is what it is, regardless of the situations.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Believe it or not a lot of people don't need EXP anymore, at all. Hard to leech off friends when none of them are spending quality time in EXP camps. At that point, it's just inconsiderate to ask them to let you leech since they're going out of their way to get you EXP.
So why is there a marketable need for exp leeching then since a lot don't need it anymore?

Because "a lot" is not "all". What kind of question is that? Also, availability of friends may not fit needs of those seeking EXP or they may wish to help said friends rather than just leech.

Again, what's the problem with getting EXP while not playing? They've put in work to earn that EXP by making gil, which has about as much effect on your ability to play a job as grinding on colibri will. The difference is that leeching is much faster and far less painful.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 22:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Because "a lot" is not "all". What kind of question is that? Also, availability of friends may not fit needs of those seeking EXP or they may wish to help said friends rather than just leech.

Again, what's the problem with getting EXP while not playing? They've put in work to earn that EXP by making gil, which has about as much effect on your ability to play a job as grinding on colibri will. The difference is that leeching is much faster and far less painful.
How is that not a good question?
If the target market is minute it wouldn't be a very profitable source of income.
i can get what you are saying when you are speaking in regards to people who already have jobs leveled.
but what of ones that haven't in the first place?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 22:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
How is that not a good question?
If the target market is minute it wouldn't be a very profitable source of income.
"A lot" says nothing about the size of the remaining population. It does not quantify in the sense that a word like "most" would, only imply that the group in question is of a significant size.

Quote:
i can get what you are saying when you are speaking in regards to people who already have jobs leveled.
but what of ones that haven't in the first place?
I'm not sure I understand your question.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-11 23:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

MMORPG, Make friends or play single player games.

Outcasts
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-12 03:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of my friends are capped on exp/merits. Why would they want to spend hours in abyssea just for me to get exp on a low lvl job? Why would I even want to ask them to do that for me?

[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-12 11:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
99% of my friends are capped on exp/merits. Why would they want to spend hours in abyssea just for me to get exp on a low lvl job? Why would I even want to ask them to do that for me?

If you asked me really really nice tamoa I'd think about it o_O!

In light of just asking friends, there's also the easy solo method.

Go on your powerhouse main job, pick a profitable dominion ops like Sandsweepers...kill 5 warp out. Change job go turn in ops..repeat.

I also do this in grauberg on wyverns. Go thf > kill wyverns on ops maybe get wing KI to turn in for quest > turn in ops on lowbie. Seal chance from ops, and seal chance from NPC quest so it's a productive venture that only costs time. Especially if you're only wanting to go to 49 for sub.
[+]
 Asura.Nalien
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2011-01-12 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

PM me with a price if you figure this out.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-01-12 12:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

100k per 10 levels sounds more than reasonable. When my ls does leech parties we usually start by having the leeches come in on blm or nin to build azure then come back on our leech jobs with a DD, a healer, and a puller. As far as a sliding scale for levels go, I think you'll find that SE took care of that for you (it will take just as long to get those low 10 levels thanks to the 0 xp you will get per kill for the first 30 min... of course chest xp will compensate until your lights are built up enough to get any xp per kill). The dominion ops idea sounds neat though, I'll have to give that a try.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-12 12:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were on my server, I'd pay for this. Would give me something to use gil on and plenty of levels while doing other things.

Good luck.
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-01-12 12:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this when I was on Ragnarok. I payed 1.5m for 4-5 hr pt. I thought it was a decent deal.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-12 13:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Back before Abyssea I paid to have my Blm lvl in a C.Mire chigoe burn. Paid 1m to go from 60-75, I was afk the whole time, and I don't have 1 ounce of regret.

Would gladly do it again too.
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-01-12 13:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you planning this as a linkshell thing? or are you thinking about making a Abyssea party, then charging a few people to leech xp from everyone else who is in the party?

Just wondering who is gonna profit.. Just, i'd be pretty pissed personally if I found out someone was charing people to leech when i'm working my tail off.. But eh.
[+]
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-01-12 18:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ringmastersword said:
Asura.Theringer said:
Are you planning this as a linkshell thing? or are you thinking about making a Abyssea party, then charging a few people to leech xp from everyone else who is in the party?

Just wondering who is gonna profit.. Just, i'd be pretty pissed personally if I found out someone was charing people to leech when i'm working my tail off.. But eh.

Lol no its not a pickup group. Its between me, my fiance, and a 2 ls members. Xping wise can be done with just me + mule or me, another + mule or varying combos. But profits are for LS, and not taken off of random people lol.

Ahhh I see I see.
By Darkhealer 2011-01-23 13:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, was just wondering how the session went on the 20th? Are you guys going to continue?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-02-01 02:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkhealer said:
Hey, was just wondering how the session went on the 20th? Are you guys going to continue?
^
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-02-28 01:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess this won't happen again, right?