Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-02-26 00:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm going to agree with Dasva on Sylvan Bragues. Of course, this is all for inside Abyssea though. +DEX means more outside.

I never paid any attention to ranged pdif, so I'm not sure what you're saying exactly. Ranged attacks used to always do the same damage (or, after relevant patches, as long as you stood in the same place). But I noticed when I came back from hiatus that my damage was varying even though I stood in one place.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 00:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's a straigh 2% increase in dmg on trueshot+1 alone...

Oh you probably just went from capping Cratio to not or maybe fstr. The min/max calculations are different... it's just the meet up to be the same when you are capped and the 5% randomization factor isn't applied. I just shot a few dozen shots at close range for the same dmg well outside of crits which were 25% more dmg as expected
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-02-26 00:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm going crazy, now this is bothering me D: No one else remembers that ranged damage always did the same damage? And I'm fairly certain it had nothing to do with capping attack, because whether I've had Minuet/food/whatever on or not, doesn't matter how much I was doing, I was always doing the same damage. And there's no way I was capped attack without buffs, because there was still a noticeable difference with/without songs. I have a few pics that happen to show people doing same exact damage on their ranged attacks on Ixion too, with and without buffs.

Sidewinder damage always varied though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 00:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well also between .9 and 1.1 Cratio pdif for both min and max are the same too. Even outside of that range they are fairly close. The fact that your sidewinder dmg varied also kinda suggests you were in that range and then left it for ws... though I must admit that's kinda low except on hard stuff unless you don't have velocity shot on or something
 Unicorn.Wolfie
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Wolfie 2011-02-26 21:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting this WS fairly soon, am curious to know if Aias bonnet would out dmg an Anwig Salade with "DEX+4 Increases Critical Hit Damage (+2%)" and "AGI+4 Increases weapon skill damage (+2%)" augments?

*quick edit* also as for the Aias/Anwig question im asking for both inside and out of abyssea, thanks~
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-02-28 15:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented Anwig Salade wins. It's a bit closer outside Abyssea however.
 Unicorn.Wolfie
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Wolfie 2011-02-28 22:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

hm ok thanks. :D cant wait to get.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-28 23:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
I feel like I'm going crazy, now this is bothering me D: No one else remembers that ranged damage always did the same damage? And I'm fairly certain it had nothing to do with capping attack, because whether I've had Minuet/food/whatever on or not, doesn't matter how much I was doing, I was always doing the same damage. And there's no way I was capped attack without buffs, because there was still a noticeable difference with/without songs. I have a few pics that happen to show people doing same exact damage on their ranged attacks on Ixion too, with and without buffs.

Yup, used to watch Matix pew pew worms while we were waiting for dyna-qufim... always did the same damage.
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2011-03-03 08:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, also looking for help with my Jishnu's build.

Currently on RNG/NIN i have a 5-hit(20.5tp) with -

And im WSing in -

My usual atma setup is RR, GH, Sea Daughter as I'm lacking Omnipotent.

Anyone have any suggestions on anyways I can keep a good solid Jishnu's build and maintain my 5-hit? Alternatively should I just abandon the 5-hit and go for big numbers? If so any suggestions to improve the build are welcome. =]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-03 08:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've allways wanted to know, but dont personally know anybody with this WS..
What kinda numbers are you getting outside abyssea?
In dynamis/einherjar etc
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2011-03-03 08:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:

Yup, used to watch Matix pew pew worms while we were waiting for dyna-qufim... always did the same damage.
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:

ebow damage cap.
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-03 09:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I've allways wanted to know, but dont personally know anybody with this WS..
What kinda numbers are you getting outside abyssea?
In dynamis/einherjar etc

I've done a couple VNMs/ZNMs with it. The DMG isn't near as constant 4k+ like in abyssea, but I've hit up to 3k on random things like Tinnin, Lord Ruthven, and dolls in sky.

The DMG is really really random though sometimes you'll hit for 300(No crits, maybe only 1 shot landed... this won't happen often) and sometimes you will go over 3k.

I don't do dynamis at all anymore, and have never even entered einherjar so can't help you there.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 10:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to hit that high with slugwinder and higher with refulgent arrow considering you are now higher lvl than those mobs
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-03-03 10:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kujah said:
Hey guys, also looking for help with my Jishnu's build.

Currently on RNG/NIN i have a 5-hit(20.5tp) with -

And im WSing in -

My usual atma setup is RR, GH, Sea Daughter as I'm lacking Omnipotent.

Anyone have any suggestions on anyways I can keep a good solid Jishnu's build and maintain my 5-hit? Alternatively should I just abandon the 5-hit and go for big numbers? If so any suggestions to improve the build are welcome. =]

here is mine but for you if you swap out the grip for a rose strap and a mekki shakki and go /sam you have a 4 hit with your bow

as for WS i would swap out your cape for a terebellum cape and nab a dex ring and earring
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-03 11:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You should be able to hit that high with slugwinder and higher with refulgent arrow considering you are now higher lvl than those mobs

You could be right I never messed with any of them besides one Sidewinder on Tinnin with my Radiance set, and it only did 700ish DMG so I stuck with radiance.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 11:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
You could be right I never messed with any of them besides one Sidewinder on Tinnin with my Radiance set, and it only did 700ish DMG so I stuck with radiance.
Yeah last time I fought any mobs like that was a kirin/saremeya burns at 80. And even kinda meh geared since I had been 70 forever until a week before that and no external buffs I was doing 2-2.5k slugs /sam with hellfire lol
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-03 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Upbeat said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah last time I fought any mobs like that was a kirin/saremeya burns at 80. And even kinda meh geared since I had been 70 forever until a week before that and no external buffs I was doing 2-2.5k slugs /sam with hellfire lol

I'm pretty sure I tossed my hellfire +1, either that or it's hiding in my delivery box full of 60+ items. I was highly disappointed with gun DMG inside abyssea when I was using it, but I was probably using the wrong atmas for it to work well.

I'm currently working on my third emp weapon Armageddon so once I finish I'll be able to play around with a gun some more.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 11:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my hellfire+1 had +10 ws ratt on it so it's still hanging out somewhere... but I started using trial gun once it got to the stage where you chose between WoE and empyrean.... now that I have bedlam +2 and arma 80 the base dmgs don't really compare. Plus wildfire is so much fun. Wish I still had people to finish arma though

Really should finish my tp bonus bow since it should make reflugent pretty good
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2011-03-03 11:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I been using Jish Rng a lot on JOL to tank for the 5min that its up and stay on the job for AV. With SV Minuets and Chaos roll, I should just be going with a full on DEX build for the WS yea?
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-03-03 11:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You still need to ensure you're capping fstr2 outside abyssea.
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2011-03-03 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
You still need to ensure you're capping fstr2 outside abyssea.

Ahh.. ok dookie, that makes sense.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 11:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Harrier+2 caps fstr2 at 72dstr. That being said dex mods base dmg pretty much just as much as fstr2 for jishnus. Ever so slightly more depends more on rounding and such
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-03-03 12:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see him getting anywhere near 72dstr on AV with the set he's using for Jisnu's currently, though capping dDex may end up being more benefitial (in addition to the Dex mod) for the crit based WS.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 12:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

True but how often do you fight AV? But yeah 1 dex adds .51ish to base dmg (2 rounds of rounding can do funny things) while 1 str is .5. So it really comes down to crit rate vs ratt
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2011-03-03 12:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
True but how often do you fight AV? But yeah 1 dex adds .51ish to base dmg (2 rounds of rounding can do funny things) while 1 str is .5. So it really comes down to crit rate vs ratt

Yea i only bring it in the context of AV because its really the only thing I use RNG outside of Abyssea for. I'll try a full on dex build on the next one, current WS's hit for about 2k, which feels lackluster.

Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-03 13:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@Dasva RNG/SAM can solo Cirein-croin and both KI NMs very easily only downside is you can't really red proc the KI NMs. I got around 30 of my lanterns in just a couple of days doing it this way.

With radiance it only takes 15 or so mins to kill Cirein-croin kiting around the bridge.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-03-03 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

While most LSs don't do AV as often as Abyssea (once a week maybe), I'd assume most people also don't bring Rng to Abyssea very much (to each their own if they do). I was merely responding to his question about what he should be using on JoL/AV, as the "inside abyssea" builds are pretty well mapped out already.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 13:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
@Dasva RNG/SAM can solo Cirein-croin and both KI NMs very easily only downside is you can't really red proc the KI NMs. I got around 30 of my lanterns in just a couple of days doing it this way.

With radiance it only takes 15 or so mins to kill Cirein-croin kiting around the bridge.
I can do it faster on rdm/thf with TH atma... really cirein isn't the problem its getting claim on and not having heqet stolen and proccing red while soloing it. Can only get 6 red procs as a rdm/war (yes lol I do that cause rdm can solo so easy). NQ fish is annoying too. But yeah burns alot of time trying to get KIs and then killing the stupid thing solo just for 1-2 lanterns. Got tired of it especially when people started camping heqet again. Could easily take 1-2 hours from start to finish per cirien even without competetion. Especially with subjob changing and such
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-03 13:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If I already had the 80 version I'd be spamming that non-stop O.O

Carabosse is the hard part for me, It takes like an hour to get the KIs and 15~20 mins to kill it on NIN/DNC. If I had a group of people to hold pop sets or even a WAR to help red proc it would be a whole lot faster.
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-03-03 20:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

carabosse is for the gun...

and as a nin/war you should be able to solo the pops within 7 mins
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23