What Grinds Your Gears?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » What grinds your gears?
What grinds your gears?
First Page 2 3 ... 310 311 312 ... 313 314 315
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-07-17 21:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Going to the beach! #omg #fun #in #the #sun #water #sun #and #sand #tanning #besties #instagram #gettingdrunktonight #potato"
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-07-17 21:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
"Going to the beach! #omg #fun #in #the #sun #water #sun #and #sand #tanning #besties #instagram #gettingdrunktonight #potato"

You win this round, Xeno!
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2013-07-17 21:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel the same way. I don't mind a few, but some of the people I follow on Instagram are crossin' the line. Though by far, my favorite one is #instagay, lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-18 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got the Ark Scythe today since I'm still doing Abyssea stuff (Azdaja to be precise) and first red proc after retrieving ark scythe was Freezebite -_- that really grinds my gears!
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-18 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

when I'm jamming my in my truck @ lunch (ipod plugged into aux.)

then I get back to work, start a podcast, & the volume blasts my eardrums right out of my *** head.

RRAAAAAAAAAWRRR

>:
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-07-20 07:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

newspapers/magazines/etc that:
a) do not date their article
b) don't reference "facts" either at the end of the article or in text
c) don't list the title of the study that is being discussed (let alone reference it)

I really, really hate this >.>

edit: re-reading this I left out the important don't in front of each sentence >.>
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-07-20 07:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »

This.

This grinds my gears
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-07-20 10:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitting a nettle/thisle with a lawn mower while wearing shorts.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-20 10:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Waking up with a headache. :|
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-20 11:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Even worse, waking up with a headache knowing it's going to turn into a migraine. ><
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-20 13:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower v4 crashing constantly while logging between 5 characters collecting log in points.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-20 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a mosquito bite on your arm that itches for days no matter what you to do stop it.

WHY DO THESE OKLAHOMAN BUGS LIKE MY MASSACHUSETTS BLOOD SO MUCH!?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-20 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Having a mosquito bite on your arm that itches for days no matter what you to do stop it.

I want a Mosquito to bite me just to see if that trick with flexing your muscle actually works.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-20 14:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »

I want a Mosquito to bite me just to see if that trick with flexing your muscle actually works.
Lemme guess, flexing the muscle will stop the mosquito from biting you or something?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-20 14:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably explodes them or something, because of the increase in blood pressure, kind of like popping out an IV.

Anyway, I got another good one: Having Tinnitus during a late night blackout. The silence is literally deafening.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-22 06:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can't stop people joining a wildskeeper reive.

EDIT: Oh and sorry, the mosquito thing, if you flex a little they'll get stuck in your arm, if you flex more it will push too much blood into their body and they explode.
 Cerberus.Valfox
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valfox 2013-07-22 09:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do my worst at a job interview (which I didn't want) and somehow still get <X> job
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-07-24 13:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so crabby today. Who wants a Liela rant? >< Nobody! That's who!

So. I'm an assembler. I solder components onto boards and wires into boards. The boys I work with are also assemblers. However, they mostly screw finished boards into caps and so on. They only solder a little bit. That's ok.

We have SOPs, or Standard Operating Procedures. We are required to follow the SOPs. Doing such allows us to get certifications which allows us to get a broader customer base, because when we are making buttons that can save or cost someone their life, customers like to buy from people who know what they're doing. Go figure. These certifications cost thousands of dollars to obtain, because we have fly several people in from several to inspect us, and then pay them trucktons of gil for inspecting us. If we lose these certifications because someone didn't follow their SOP, the boss is going to be mad. Not a little mad, a "fire everyone and start over" mad.

So. We have two guys who have been there about three months (we hired them within a day of each other.) And one of these guys is the kind of guy who goes to a new place and decides to assert his authority(?) by taking systems that are not broken and fixing them. And by fixing, I mean pissing everyone off.

So. We have interface boards. They have to be dipped in conformal coating when they are done. So I solder components to the surfaces, and then I solder wires through the holes, then I dip them in conformal coating and let them dry. Our dashing new fella decided that life and everything would be ever so much easier if we just ignored the SOP, dipped them all in coating first, and then soldered wires through them. So he took ALL my boards, dipped and dipped them while I was otherwise occupied. And now I'm having a hell of a time with them. I get to make 50 of them today. Well, for starters, shoving a pin through a hole that's been blocked with conformal coating hurts. It effing does. Secondly, when you bridge the holes and then heat the bridge and slide the wire through, well, that's all screwed up now. I can bridge the hole, but the solder will not go into it because there's effing coating in the way. I have to SHOVE the wires into the holes, which bends them out of shape. And if they weren't tinned correctly, it makes them fan out, too. Super annoying. We also have to bridge two pads depending on whether the boards are normal or bypass. This has nothing to do with wires, we just slide the solder across both pads and it connects. Not anymore! Wheee! Now the solder won't stick to the boards (because there's GODDAMN CONFORMAL COATING ALL OVER IT) so you have to fight with the two pads to make them bridge. Also, solder flux smells bad. And conformal coating smells bad. But trucktons of solder flux because you have to spend twice as long fighting with your damn board mixed with burnt conformal coating smells like Lucifer is leaning over my shoulder farting! For EVERY SINGLE BOARD!

I'M MAD.

So I go tell the boss, look, these have been pre-coated, it's a problem, can we have people not do this crap again. And the boys say OH NO! It's SOOOOO much easier! The solder doesn't go in the holes (no dipshit, the solder bubbles on top of the holes and bridges things that aren't supposed to be bridged ><) and it doesn't hurt anything to dip them first! (Except my fingers and my sanity!) So the boss says ok, you can keep doing it. WHAT THE FLYING TRUCK. Do the BOYS have to sit around fighting the with consequences of their stupid *** actions? NO. Who gets to sit around and fight with the consequences of their stupid *** actions? ME! For what? Because when we go someplace new, we must change things! It's what makes us manly! And when our certification providers find out that we cheerfully ignored the SOP? No worries! We'll just lose our certification and half our customer base and then have to pay thousands of bucks to get them back!

The level to which I want to break someone's nose and then go to bed and work from home as a hermit from now on cannot be too highly exaggerated.

Edit: Oh, and after all this is finished, I STILL have to dip them because the solder joints need dipped too. So instead of making the board, dipping once, and letting them dry and be finished, now the boards are dipped, take a few hours to dry, take twice as long to put together, then re-dipped, then take a couple hours to dry again.

Can someone just shove a stick in my eye please, it would be the cherry on top of this ice cream of a damn day. ><
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-07-24 13:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
I'm so crabby today. Who wants a Liela rant? >< Nobody! That's who!

So. I'm an assembler. I solder components onto boards and wires into boards. The boys I work with are also assemblers. However, they mostly screw finished boards into caps and so on. They only solder a little bit. That's ok.

We have SOPs, or Standard Operating Procedures. We are required to follow the SOPs. Doing such allows us to get certifications which allows us to get a broader customer base, because when we are making buttons that can save or cost someone their life, customers like to buy from people who know what they're doing. Go figure. These certifications cost thousands of dollars to obtain, because we have fly several people in from several to inspect us, and then pay them trucktons of gil for inspecting us. If we lose these certifications because someone didn't follow their SOP, the boss is going to be mad. Not a little mad, a "fire everyone and start over" mad.

So. We have two guys who have been there about three months (we hired them within a day of each other.) And one of these guys is the kind of guy who goes to a new place and decides to assert his authority(?) by taking systems that are not broken and fixing them. And by fixing, I mean pissing everyone off.

So. We have interface boards. They have to be dipped in conformal coating when they are done. So I solder components to the surfaces, and then I solder wires through the holes, then I dip them in conformal coating and let them dry. Our dashing new fella decided that life and everything would be ever so much easier if we just ignored the SOP, dipped them all in coating first, and then soldered wires through them. So he took ALL my boards, dipped and dipped them while I was otherwise occupied. And now I'm having a hell of a time with them. I get to make 50 of them today. Well, for starters, shoving a pin through a hole that's been blocked with conformal coating hurts. It effing does. Secondly, when you bridge the holes and then heat the bridge and slide the wire through, well, that's all screwed up now. I can bridge the hole, but the solder will not go into it because there's effing coating in the way. I have to SHOVE the wires into the holes, which bends them out of shape. And if they weren't tinned correctly, it makes them fan out, too. Super annoying. We also have to bridge two pads depending on whether the boards are normal or bypass. This has nothing to do with wires, we just slide the solder across both pads and it connects. Not anymore! Wheee! Now the solder won't stick to the boards (because there's GODDAMN CONFORMAL COATING ALL OVER IT) so you have to fight with the two pads to make them bridge. Also, solder flux smells bad. And conformal coating smells bad. But trucktons of solder flux because you have to spend twice as long fighting with your damn board mixed with burnt conformal coating smells like Lucifer is leaning over my shoulder farting! For EVERY SINGLE BOARD!

I'M MAD.

So I go tell the boss, look, these have been pre-coated, it's a problem, can we have people not do this crap again. And the boys say OH NO! It's SOOOOO much easier! The solder doesn't go in the holes (no dipshit, the solder bubbles on top of the holes and bridges things that aren't supposed to be bridged ><) and it doesn't hurt anything to dip them first! (Except my fingers and my sanity!) So the boss says ok, you can keep doing it. WHAT THE FLYING TRUCK. Do the BOYS have to sit around fighting the with consequences of their stupid *** actions? NO. Who gets to sit around and fight with the consequences of their stupid *** actions? ME! For what? Because when we go someplace new, we must change things! It's what makes us manly! And when our certification providers find out that we cheerfully ignored the SOP? No worries! We'll just lose our certification and half our customer base and then have to pay thousands of bucks to get them back!

The level to which I want to break someone's nose and then go to bed and work from home as a hermit from now on cannot be too highly exaggerated.

fite me nerd

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-07-24 14:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
Holy crap.
- if you are pre-dipping them like that, then you should be masking the through-holes and solder pads (which poses its own problems), otherwise you need to burn through the coating or strip them. Which can have an detrimental impact to the boards, let alone possibly be slower.
- modifying production on the fly without doing a test sample, and controlling for quality? Dear god no, in so many, many ways.

The point of SOP is to have reproducible, traceable, testable quality, and documented procedures. If you have a change to your SOP, you probably also will need to inform your customers (depending on the contracts), which may trigger additional first-article inspections, or outright rejection.

But if you are doing limited quantity production, it is better to run your proposed changes by your customers (who will usually be glad to review/help) *prior* to implementing it.
*edit*-you being the them/the company
[+]
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-07-25 14:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for an old post....and seeing conversations with #2....

Sad memories grind my gears. . .

[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-26 17:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Job questionnaires. I don't think that people realize that it's 5 questions reworded several times over and over again to see if people are paying attention.

How happy are you with your life?

According yo your expectations, how great is your life at this time?

Would your parents be happy with the life you've chosen for yourself?

ENOUGH. ALREADY.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-26 19:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

People who try to pull that circular argument BS of "I need a delve weapon to get into delve runs but can only get plasm from delve runs".

This game has more than DD jobs, try to level 1 of them, last I checked people aren't too picky on their support jobs for plasm farm.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-27 08:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People that mpk in reives...
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-07-27 08:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not being able to sleep a full night through for two weeks. Some people take it as a badge of honor to need more sleep. They come to work and tell fish tales about which one got the least amount of sleep. I don't see the humor in it. I'm not happy to be tired. I'm just Crankypants McGee until I get some rest. CRANKY, I TELL YOU. ><

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-27 09:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Been standing at this bush blocking the way to the mission marker for "In the Presence of Royalty" for 9mins and counting.

EDIT: A Leafkin just clipped through the bush! GRR
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-27 09:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

People who weave in and out of traffic at 85 miles an hour in a minivan with thier children in the back seat.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 310 311 312 ... 313 314 315