What Grinds Your Gears?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » What grinds your gears?
What grinds your gears?
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 313 314 315
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-05-21 05:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

New couples/relationships.

Friend spends the past week with his girlfriend, gets pissed off at myself and another friends for going ahead and doing stuff without him.

Edit - Also, living with other people. It's a lot cheaper, but at what cost?! What cost?!
[+]
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-05-21 06:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
:-( That sucks. They probably don't trust enough to be confident that you would pass their items. Wouldn't it be so nice if people could work together though? Like dynamis TE. We've gone in before, teamed up with someone while we were all after time, then disbanded and farmed separately. But I hear my ls mates constantly upset that they have to compete for time extensions, people refuse to team up with them and would rather fight for them. Why on earth? It benefits both parties to clear time together, then split. I don't even know. /comfort

This 1000 times over >_>

" Hey random duo of BST's wanna team up for TE 5 in Valk to save us all time?"

*Silence*

Send Alliance invite

*Silence*

"Do you know where it is?"
>> " No." * as they sprint to Quadavs at the back of the map
>> <I don't speak any English>

Me and my friend find the Image and all of a sudden get spammed with tells to <team up?>
Followed by " come on, we didn't know what you meant by time extension"

>.>
"Learned English pretty quick there didn't you?"
>> "We are *insert autotranslate nationality*"
(in this case it was French)

This sums up most of the people I meet in dynamis, think in about ~150 runs people have teamed up around 10 times.

If I am killing an NM that someone need an item from like Isgebind ie. triplus dagger (I know its totally outdated now) or a megaboss clear like Bri or Bennu I happily invite people, if they lot on something they are not meant to just remove and blist them, but everyone deserves a chance.

oh well
/rant off
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse
MSPaint Winner
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Apocalypse 2013-05-21 07:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said: »
what grinds my gears. well. this is a big one.

people who DONT respond to anything you do. /tells /emotes
assisting with healing magic etc.

exaple. your wanting to kill NM for a clear or item that 90% of the time goes rot. and someone else is going after it for empy or whatever. and you request to team up. and that you dont need items or triggers. they ignore you in every way possable

even before and after the fight..

at this point i wander to myself. why the hell these people play an ONLINE game

This, thousands of times over.

It drives me up the wall how people don't talk anymore. I've stopped asking for cooperation entirely because most the time I get no response at all. You could tell them it'd be faster for both groups if we communicated and weren't fighting for ??? claim to pop NMs... but, they keep doing what they're doing and never respond.

I mean, really? What an excellent player base for an MMORPG, people who don't talk and ignore everyone!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What grinds my gears is that the accuracy cap in XI is 95 and not 100. I lost a KS99 orb soloing because my automaton missed a key WS. Acc capped with alternator and parts and he missed 1 WS and it killed my run, pretty damn lame.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2013-05-28 12:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Maleficus....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-11 10:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

*** over a month, bout time this gets brought back.

You know what grinds my gears? People who do unboxings, this is exactly how I feel when I see them, especially since 2 people on Facebook upload youtube videos of them do unboxings and share them on Facebook:

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 10:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

White mages that pass by my corpse and ignore me :( when I played whm when I first started I would even get off my chocobo to raise people in the middle of nowhere, what happened to the kindness of humanity?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-11 11:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
White mages that pass by my corpse and ignore me :( when I played whm when I first started I would even get off my chocobo to raise people in the middle of nowhere, what happened to the kindness of humanity?
Would totally do it as well but I remember when I first started playing, pre-level sync, people would charge people for raises in the dunes.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-14 10:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

People who call themselves something like Dbzfan and they haven't watched Dragonball.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-14 12:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
People who call themselves something like Dbzfan and they haven't watched Dragonball.

I'm one of these people cause I watched DragonBall Z, but didn't like DragonBall or DragonBall GT (never watched more than a handful of episodes of either as opposed to having watched the whole series of DBZ).

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-07-14 12:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So is that where all the XxVegetaxX ***comes from? I've never watched 1 second of DBZ.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-07-16 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I accidentally did that. xD I have never seen Futurama, but people referenced it to me all the time in-game. Apparently there's a one-eyed purple-haired alien on it named Leela or Layla or something. I'm Liela (pronounced lie (as in not truth) - la) but most people say it as Layla or Leela after the Futurama girl. It's ok, I don't mind, but I've really never seen it. My husband had to explain to me why everyone kept asking if my hair was purple or whatever. Oops!

I'm nervous-excited-happy-crabby-nervous today! Which shall we start with?

Ok, crabby. Forest fires burning only fifteen miles outside my town make me crabby. I'm bothered a little bit by the smoke (it really does make it hard to breathe outside), a lot a bit by the firefighters risking their lives in their hot heavy suits in 100+ degree weather, and a lot a bit by the forests burning down.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/07/15/2655732/wildfire-northeast-of-boise-grows.html

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Viewer-photos-Pine-Creek-Fire-215655031.html

Stop that, fire! Stop that right now! Go jump in a lake!

Excited-- I am not going to work today, and given the previous circumstances, I'm glad!

Nervous. My dogs HAVE to go outside to go to the bathroom. I hate it when they are out in the smoke. If I'm having trouble breathing, how hard must it be on their tiny little lungs! And they are being completely unhelpful about it, wanting to go out every two minutes. Nope! You get to stay inside and be good! Besides, when they are out they go lick the neighbor's baby and it weirds me out. We share a fence with one of our neighbors, and she has a small boy child (one or two? Something like that. He can't walk or anything yet, he just sorta sits in the dirt in his diaper.) Anyways, he sits outside on the other side of the fence, my dogs go over, they think baby tastes delicious (apparently) and so when he sticks his chubby little stubby little fingers through the fence, they sit there and lick his fingers. Well, gross. For one, baby germs. Babies are sticky and smelly at the best of times, never mind after they've been sitting in the dirt getting licked by dogs. For two, that kid is going to stick his hands straight into his mouth after being licked to slobbering saturation by a couple of dogs who eat their own poop. :x EW. For three, they wouldn't intentionally bite but if he grabbed at their noses or they got startled, they could accidentally bite him. How bout no!

No breathing smoke! No licking the baby! You must stay indoors!

Happy! The reason I'm staying home today is because my husband is getting his wisdom teeth taken out. That's wonderful! It makes me happy because now his mouth won't hurt him anymore! :D :D

Nervous! When I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I remembered nothing from the time they knocked me out at the doctor's to the time I woke up at home on the couch. Ohgod what if I have to carry him? He's not fat or anything, but I am kind of a puny little thing. He's over a foot taller than me and much sturdier and I just don't have much muscle! Then again he's been knocked out before and he was fine afterwards. Just fine. *nervous twitch*

And so so so excited for Rwby to come out on Thursday! COME ON COME ON MOVE FASTER TIME! Not you, forest fire. You can slow to a crawl and die and no one would mind. BUT YOU, TIME! GET YOUR ARSE MOVING!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-07-16 11:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*** over a month, bout time this gets brought back.

You know what grinds my gears? People who do unboxings, this is exactly how I feel when I see them, especially since 2 people on Facebook upload youtube videos of them do unboxings and share them on Facebook:

Finally somebody said it.

As for me, my gears started grinding during the Steam Summer sale. Every awesome game 98-99% off! Games I already bought at full price!

Odin.Liela said: »

Happy! The reason I'm staying home today is because my husband is getting his wisdom teeth taken out. That's wonderful! It makes me happy because now his mouth won't hurt him anymore! :D :D

Nervous! When I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I remembered nothing from the time they knocked me out at the doctor's to the time I woke up at home on the couch. Ohgod what if I have to carry him? He's not fat or anything, but I am kind of a puny little thing. He's over a foot taller than me and much sturdier and I just don't have much muscle! Then again he's been knocked out before and he was fine afterwards. Just fine. *nervous twitch*

General anesthetic? I had all 4 of mine torn out under local. It's really not that bad after you get through the initial nervousness at the idea of miniaturized mining equipment being used in your mouth.

Also, Turanga Leela is a mutant, not an Alien! Though since I grew up on Married with Children, I can't hear anything but Peggy Bundy.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-16 11:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Brought this up the other day, but what grinds my gears is when the DMV in your town gives you a website to book an appointment for taking a driving test. Then when you get to the website, you can book an appointment for EVERYTHING BUT a driving test.

Up at 5:45 AM for me. :|
By applecrunch 2013-07-16 12:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much everything about facebook. The idea that people still act like they are in high school and only talk to people they already known. They refuse to make new friends.
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-16 13:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When people say "I'm not going to even say anything" and I think to myself why did you say that then... same thing with "not worth it" or "I won't even go there" good... don't... I don't need to have you inform me... just don't do it...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-16 13:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

applecrunch said: »
Pretty much everything about facebook. The idea that people still act like they are in high school and only talk to people they already known. They refuse to make new friends.
That's why you don't like facebook? Really? Not to mention that people have like 8,000 friends on there of which they've never even known beyond logging on to facebook...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2013-07-17 10:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

People who start an argument with something along the lines of "I have many black friends but...", "I have many gay friends but..." as if having friends who are of the group you're about to offend makes your opinion more valid.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vearesy
user: vearesy
By Cerberus.Vearesy 2013-07-17 10:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-17 10:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vearesy said: »
People
This guy...
[+]
By applecrunch 2013-07-17 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vearesy said: »
People

Nouns adjectives and mostly verbs.
By applecrunch 2013-07-17 11:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything involving Jennifer Aniston.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-17 11:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing an 8 year old with a smart phone.. hell, a two year old with an iPad.

Why..?
[+]
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
Server: Leviathan
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2013-07-17 11:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Soggy Cereal, or just anything soggy in general
By applecrunch 2013-07-17 14:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The term bro. I'm not your brother. We aren't in a fraternity together so unless you are my actual brother stop.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-07-17 21:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate hashtags. I have no logical reason for this, I just hate them.

I hate that they make perfectly un-remarkable things into clickables.

I hate that they encourage misspelled, run-on words. For example, "delicious Snickers blizzard" becomes "#Delicioussnickersblizzardlolol!" or worse.

I hate it when I'm looking at pictures of beaches on Pinterest and it has a list of clicky hashtags underneath it in one long run-on nonsensical non-sentence, such as "#tan #summer #fun #umbrelladrinks #bikinis #boys #tan lines #relax" And then if I want to re-pin the beach, I have to go through and delete everyone else's stupid hashtags before I post it to my page because I could not possibly give a single less darn that some stranger on the internet associates a beach with an umbrella drink. Zero darns!

I hate that hashtags have migrated from Twitter to Facebook. They were bad enough on one site, thanks very much!

I HATE HASHTAGS.

(In case you were wondering.)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 313 314 315