Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Farming Help
Farming Help
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2010-12-14 12:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know where a level 90 thf can farm for npc sells or good ah sells?
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-12-14 13:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear crabs in east sarutabaruta drop lots of rock salt that vendors for a nice bit of gil
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-12-14 13:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said:
I hear crabs in east sarutabaruta drop lots of rock salt that vendors for a nice bit of gil

You nub, you wanna kill the ones in The Boyahda Tree, everyone knows higher level mobs=better drop rates!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-14 13:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How could a THF90 not know where to farm? Really.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-14 13:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said:
Bubbly Bernie drops steam clocks that sell pretty well too. If you kill enemies between pops you can also net a hefty crystal profit. GL!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-12-14 13:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:

You nub, you wanna kill the ones in The Boyahda Tree, everyone knows higher level mobs=better drop rates!

Why is that being rated down >_> Are people so thick as to not understand sarcasm?
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-12-14 14:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't rate anything down, then again I still possess a sense of humour.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-12-14 14:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-14 14:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Were any of these posts constructive?

I know people used to do Goobues right outside of The Boyahda Tree. I don't know if that's still a viable source of income or not though.
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-12-14 14:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

<rolls eyes and looks at you with a sarcastic grin> sarcasm does not show up in text unless given a bit of help <nods head briskly to add emphasis>
 Alexander.Miradj
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2010-12-14 14:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said:

Why is that being rated down >_> Are people so thick as to not understand sarcasm?

No no, people understand. They also understand when they see a piss-poor attempt at it. Either give the guy some helpful info or shut the *** up.

@OP When I used to farm a lot on THF I'd go to Beadeaux near De'Vyu Headhunter spawn and get a shitload of good NPCables, and no one's ever there. Then there was Mistletoe, but that's gone now.

*edit* Ga'Bhu Unvanquished not De'vyu Headhunter sry. And use steal as soon as its up.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-14 14:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

nowadays i guess if you want outside of abyssea you can geode farm~
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-14 14:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can maybe farm spells for all the people leveling multiple new jobs these days.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-12-14 15:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Miradj said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:

No no, people understand. They also understand when they see a piss-poor attempt at it. Either give the guy some helpful info or shut the *** up.

@OP When I used to farm a lot on THF I'd go to Beadeaux near De'Vyu Headhunter spawn and get a shitload of good NPCables, and no one's ever there. Then there was Mistletoe, but that's gone now.

*edit* Ga'Bhu Unvanquished not De'vyu Headhunter sry. And use steal as soon as its up.

Geez, way to be in a pissy mood. If he really wants an answer, he can look ***up, or npc cruor crap.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-14 15:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Geez, way to be in a pissy mood. If he really wants an answer, he can look ***up, or npc cruor crap.

Agreed, Throughout the history of these type of posts no one ever REALLY gives a real answer anyhow. OP is basically saying "you know some way to make money that everyone else does not. clearly if everyone knew it then it would be exploited until demand kills the price or retard undercutters do (or in the cast of boyadra bats SE nerfs). please share your secret on a public forum so that will be EXACTLY what happens".

Don't be stupid people. He asked a dumb question and got the corresponding answers.
[+]
 Sylph.Lavelios
Server: Sylph
user: Lavelios
By Sylph.Lavelios 2010-12-14 15:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

this is what i used to do for money making on my thf

head to fei'yin and kill golems, dolls and pots

the golems drop mythril ore which you can synth into ingots (i think it was goldsmithing lvl40 for that)

the dolls and pots will drop shards that you can synth into cermet chunks(alchemy lvl60 iirc)

and you should be able to get a few chest keys to drop to pop the chest once in a while so dont worry about bringing too many thf tools
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-14 15:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Robbyodom said:
Anyone know where a level 90 thf can farm for npc sells or good ah sells?

Hi mate, there have been one or two threads like this before, the general concensus was that there is little in the way of gil to be made outside abbyssea, obviously because everything pre-abbyssea has now been rendered obsolete and dropped in price. With continuing expansions your best bet is to have a group or LS dedicated to farming new drops, it's almost impossible to solo large amounts of gil at this stage.

You can do like some of the others have suggested and solo some mobs for drops you can npc or drops you can craft, but really you are wasting your time for pocket money when the big gil is waiting out there in abbyssea.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-12-14 15:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

wisteria lumber(sp) in tree to npc scrolls to ah and npc lot diff locations , lesser chigoes either stolen from certain mobs or harvested in gruberg.
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2010-12-14 20:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

ive seen level 90s in more then 5 jobs that didnt know how to farm. But thanks to everyones input, ill have to try then all out.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-12-14 21:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to farm up in the Tree at lvl 75 THF with my NPC. By the time I used all 5 of my charges I'd walk out of there with at least 200k in lumber to sale to NPC. Never really counted the moss or cuttings.

Moss/crystals would easily cover the cost of food/bolts/tool etc so was straight profit.

Might not be the best idk but I used the cuttings for gardening so was good for me.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-14 21:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tier IV spells have actually gone up in value a lot due to people easy lvling through abyssea+RDM getting them and being too lazy to farm themselves. Varies a bit by server but pretty pricey whereever you go.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-12-14 21:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The new rage is do a Dominion party, (Page 1 Altepa is amazing)

Dump all the notes into augmented weapons, turn all teh cruor you get into the level 78 gear

NPC it all

Nets you about 6900 per weapon and 5-7K per armor piece. In about 6 hours you could have tons of merits and about 500K+ easy.

Enjoy
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-12-14 21:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Robbyodom said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

ive seen level 90s in more then 5 jobs that didnt know how to farm. But thanks to everyones input, ill have to try then all out.
I got a relic and ran out of gear to buy before finally spending 80m on a Mars's Ring; and if you ask me now I'll probably still tell you I don't know where to farm ;x. That's cuz farming has never been that good.

OP, you're probably looking for stuff to do solo, but if you have some friends, try looking up some abyssea NM's and see what you and your friends can duo/trio and sell for profit.
[+]
By Kasaioni 2010-12-16 16:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Try farming Water/Aero/Blizzard IV.

Water IV from Sapphire Quadav in Beadeux and NMs in The Den of Rancor

Aero IV from Yag. Prelates in Oztroja

Blizzard IV from Doom Mages (Gustav Tunnel, Cape Terrigan) and Doom Warlocks in Gustav.

Basically just piss off all the mages that don't want to pay 200k for tier IV spells.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-12-16 17:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said:

lmfao in the airport, totally going to get some secondary screening action.

I farm stupid crap like seeds and honey when I am tired beyond sleep and just wanna kill something, but ima moron. I suggest you look at some other thf ppls auction house transactions to see what sells good. Just not mine, unless you need lolz
By Gravionblack 2010-12-24 14:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if your never going to lvl whm or blm then quest the spells that sell for the most money, if you are going to lvl them and your a cheap a$$ like me farm stuff to craft for good profit.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2010-12-25 00:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shamaya said:
if you ask me now I'll probably still tell you I don't know where to farm ;x. That's cuz farming has never been that good.

This. Farming has always sucked in comparison to big game hunting, and that went down hill when SE made everything drop /EX equivalents because of bitching.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-25 00:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasaioni said:
Try farming Water/Aero/Blizzard IV.

Water IV from Sapphire Quadav in Beadeux and NMs in The Den of Rancor

Aero IV from Yag. Prelates in Oztroja

Blizzard IV from Doom Mages (Gustav Tunnel, Cape Terrigan) and Doom Warlocks in Gustav.

This is probably the best answer.
Sapphire Quads in Beadeaux drop Flood and Water IV. Shouldnt be a horrible drop rate with th5
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-26 06:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

farm cockatrice/coeurl meat

no one is investing millions into gear anymore, the only expense for most players now is consumables.

[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-26 08:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

3k crour is about 7k gil
if u dont need the crour for other things,
buy the 3 armor peices from all sets that cost 3k
skip the 4k/5k peices
warp back