Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Eva E/Ring
Eva E/Ring
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-12 18:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Any good eva rings or earrings that are actily worth getting?
Been useing the Feral Ring/Eva+2 (ring) and Dodge Earring/eva+3 with Velocity Earring/eva+4 (earrings) for a long time now.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-12 18:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

heed ring and I think the new expansion brought in some new eva +6/7 Earrings (Edit: Phrygian earring and Phrygian earring +1)

Don't forget novia earring and evasion earring though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-12 18:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

elusives have always been nice evade+5 or etherael has +5 evade on it... thats all i can think of.. alert ring is nice for evade too
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-12 18:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, something like Novia or ethereal is unlikly that ill get anytime soon. Phrygian Earring is nice, no doubt, no clue how to get it tho lol
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-12 19:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phrygian is crafted. I'm no crafter though so I don't know what the recipe for it might be. You could try ask some goldsmith about it.

Don't forget evasion earring. I just re-edited my 1st reply to add it. If I recall right, it's usually better to increase Skill rather than flat evasion.

Edit: Elusive are a good alternative otherwise. They drop from a 60BCNM that can be soloed by some jobs, and droprate isn't too bad.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-12 19:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Phrygian is crafted. I'm no crafter though so I don't know what the recipe for it might be. You could try ask some goldsmith about it.

well i am a crafter.. but id be willing to bet its a synergy synth (the one i dont have skilled) like half the new stuff..
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-12-12 19:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Musical Earring is also EVA+5, I play BRD a lot so it was a no brainer and a nice addition to my EVA build.
Only really practical if you still do Limbus or have a surplus of ABCs tho.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-12-12 19:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

alert ring is a great eva ring.
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-12-12 19:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

Although I have not tested it out personally, it should be a straight goldsmithing synth of 2x phrygian ingots with a wind crystal (I have made the ring recipe which uses fire, but not the earring).

Each ingot is 4x ore, so total outlay is 8x ores, which is a lot cheaper than most other eva gear out there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-12 19:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wivre rings are cheap as well.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-12 19:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Calif said:
Although I have not tested it out personally, it should be a straight goldsmithing synth of 2x phrygian ingots with a wind crystal (I have made the ring recipe which uses fire, but not the earring). Each ingot is 4x ore, so total outlay is 8x ores, which is a lot cheaper than most other eva gear out there.

and what lvl GS is the ring?
Edit: listed as adept, :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-12 20:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

THF EVA
should make 2 agi-kila+2 but yea
and working on thf feet +2

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-12 21:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Heed Ring is definitely worth getting... I use Rajas as my other ring in eva gear. No eva but I like the Subtle Blow, seeing as TP moves are usually the greater threat if I'm eva soloing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-12 22:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
THF EVA should make 2 agi-kila+2 but yea and working on thf feet +2
even SH+1 and empress hairpin would give more evasion, you using that in abyssea?

thats mainly my casting utsu:ichi set or oshit set
spellcast nice enough to only equip rang if tp > 5
for full blown EVA solo id have xbow + bolts going and the racc from ohat/aurore is nice
dont see how e.pin beats ohat tho
i like having the 10 acc from ohat so im not wiffing
since i macro relic hat(dex5) for SA and aurore hat(agi4) for TA

spose i could dig thro storage now and find my SH+1 again, was put there when storage was becoming a issue

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-12 22:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also slither gloves are better than Derobade.

Are Raven hose still the highest Evasion you can get on THF though? I can't seem to find anything better atm
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-12 22:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ocelot trousers are pretty godly for evasion builds. Somewhat annoying to get though.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-12 22:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, right! I totally forgot about those, thank you :)

The new Alcide gear seems like a very nice option to stack some Subtle Blow, and the fact you get no negative stats on the HQ makes it even more attractive.

For a pure Evasion/Subtle Blow build, I wonder, would this make the best compromise at lvl 90 ?

Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-13 04:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my gear sets, my evasion set has two kila +2 eva for daggers, TP set i currently have a glavoid stage twashtar (20/50) but i mainhand a dex kila +2 and offhand auric. I am really proud of my evasion set.

TP

WS

I am currently trying go get some +1 heca crafted but so far no such luck ;; NQ NQ NQ NQ also trying to get an Aias Bonnet but so far i have not been able to catch him up.

Evasion/tank set

For fun my True Strike build
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-13 04:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to let you all know you should be selling those evasion earrings. 1 eva skill = 1 evasion. I know it is widely believe skill is better for whatever reason its believed that is the case I do not know, but I have personally parsed this and they are =.

I'm sure you will all rate me down and tell me I'm wrong because its widely known that skill is better, but I ask you where is the data to back up that eva skill is > evasion +.

And you will all say where is my data to back up what I am saying, well the parse was done a long time ago and I no longer have it, so don't believe me if you don't want but I am just trying to help.
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-13 08:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Just want to let you all know you should be selling those evasion earrings. 1 eva skill = 1 evasion. I know it is widely believe skill is better for whatever reason its believed that is the case I do not know, but I have personally parsed this and they are =.

I'm sure you will all rate me down and tell me I'm wrong because its widely known that skill is better, but I ask you where is the data to back up that eva skill is > evasion +.

And you will all say where is my data to back up what I am saying, well the parse was done a long time ago and I no longer have it, so don't believe me if you don't want but I am just trying to help.

No one knows this is the case, if they did it would have been proved aeons ago.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-13 09:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
Evasion/tank set

nice..

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-13 10:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
Evasion/tank set

Should probably rethink the novia earring if you're tanking ;<... It might not matter a whole lot, but could just sack 2 evasion to keep that enmity+7 (over the earring)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-13 10:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
THF EVA should make 2 agi-kila+2 but yea and working on thf feet +2
even SH+1 and empress hairpin would give more evasion, you using that in abyssea?
thats mainly my casting utsu:ichi set or oshit set spellcast nice enough to only equip rang if tp > 5 for full blown EVA solo id have xbow + bolts going and the racc from ohat/aurore is nice dont see how e.pin beats ohat tho i like having the 10 acc from ohat so im not wiffing since i macro relic hat(dex5) for SA and aurore hat(agi4) for TA spose i could dig thro storage now and find my SH+1 again, was put there when storage was becoming a issue
yeah you're right if your fighting something with high evasion too or need ranged acc, o hat is the best choice. I was going by you calling this "thf eva" not "ranged acc" or "acc build."

Fug Beret even beats my suggestion, my *** needs to catch up lol

not like he ever claimed it to be the "best evar evasion onry" set, it's just what he uses. emp hairpin may have more evasion than ohat, but it also has -15hp, and as mentioned already has less utility-- even though we have satchel and now sack, you're still limited on immediately available inventory. aurore has less evasion, but more defense (and ice resist!), and the agi also helps with parry and now subtle blow. it's really no different than using a rajas over alert for sb vs eva.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-13 10:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

No one knows this is the case, if they did it would have been proved aeons ago.
Here I'll post my findings again. You can see that 1 Skill is NOT 1 Evasion. In fact, 1 Evasion is better than 1 Skill according to my results.

This is 1000 attack rounds on each: base, +10 evasion and +10 eva skill
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-13 10:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Arcsol said:
You win the interwebs today Hypnotizd
Just doing my part to help :) I'd like to see eventually if +20 eva vs. +20 skill is the same difference in evade rate and if there is a cap. I doubt I'll ever get around to it though.
First Page 2 3