Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Eva E/Ring
Eva E/Ring
 Sylph.Starstrukk
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-12-13 15:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like 10k since it's so quick to test it on EP, if you do go the EM+ route obviously you'll obviously want less for your survivability/sanity.

Not sure how much damage a PLD/BLU can take and still floor damage to 0 at 90 with phalanx, but if you're able to grab every mandy like I did you can do 10k attack rounds in under 10minutes.

10k, will give a .9%ish error possibility.

Chart here has some examples, arguably it doesn't translate to game perfectly however.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-13 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Try 20 eva gear vs 20 eva skill gear, the difference in results would be more pronounced if straight eva was in fact better.

Or you can simply let the test run longer and watch the parse waiting for your evade rates to stop fluctuating as much.
I'll see what gear combinations I can come up with to make it higher than just +10 each stat. You're right it should show more pronounced results.

It was about a year ago now that I ran that test. From what I remember it had stabled out pretty well. Every time kparser updated (which is like every 10 secs?) it would increase or decrease 0.01% but was maintaining fairly constant at the numbers I ended up with.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-13 15:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Starstrukk said:
I like 10k since it's so quick to test it on EP, if you do go the EM+ route obviously you'll obviously want less for your survivability/sanity.

Not sure how much damage a PLD/BLU can take and still floor damage to 0 at 90 with phalanx, but if you're able to grab every mandy like I did you can do 10k attack rounds in under 10minutes.

10k, will give a .9%ish error possibility.

Chart here has some examples, arguably it doesn't translate to game perfectly however.

That is a nice chart thanks for that it shows that 1000 is basically a 3% margin of error lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-13 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Boxer's + Eva Torque vs Ohat + Iga neck is 17 each off the top of my head.

EDIT: And is there really any reason to believe eva skill behaves in a non-linear manner or are you guys just dreaming up ideas to make the data fit your hypothesis?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-13 15:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

EDIT: And is there really any reason to believe eva skill behaves in a non-linear manner or are you guys just dreaming up ideas to make the data fit your hypothesis?
I'm not a mathologist. Ignore any of my rambles that don't show cold hard fact :/

I pulled that out of my *** because my test where I started at a base of ~23% evade rate showed ~3% difference between skill and straight evasion. Whereas the other test showed less than 0.5% difference when base evasion started around 45%. This second test was also 10,000 attack rounds vs my 1,000 so there is a margin of error I didn't take into account. There is also a 15 level difference so... too many variables.
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-13 16:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Im just remembering a few things i read a long time ago~ nothing solid nor have i claimed anything. Im just going by what ive noticed through live play which is nothing solid in the least bit.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-13 16:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagino, I have a question for you. I noticed you already possess the raider's armlets +2.

How does the Increased TA damage compare, in your opinion, to the rogue's armlets +1?
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-13 17:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent really had a chance to compare them, only got them last week, but they have greatly improved my WS damage compared to my old heca gloves haha~ im doing about 4000-5000 evis now with TA and SA seperated when i use RR GH and AO

thats with RR GH and MC
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-13 18:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Hagino, I have a question for you. I noticed you already possess the raider's armlets +2.

How does the Increased TA damage compare, in your opinion, to the rogue's armlets +1?
Translation error, they enhance SA. SE's really good about this kind of thing lately, aren't they?
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-13 18:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Translation error, they enhance SA. SE's really good about this kind of thing lately, aren't they?

Aye... I find it mostly hilarious when they manage to mispell numerical attributes in the translation (ex. Goethia chain and more)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-16 07:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Evasion/tank set

Should probably rethink the novia earring if you're tanking ;<... It might not matter a whole lot, but could just sack 2 evasion to keep that enmity+7 (over the earring)
Hate caps, doesn't take long to cap, enmity-7 won't really change that. Once capped it's not going to affect you at all.

super late lol. Yeah I realized what I was thinking of was when a mob does a hate reset in a low-man (THF + mage) that enm- would suck. But then I realized that if you did lose hate, you no longer require an evasion set and can use TP get enough to WS, and surely regain hate >_>;;... (or any job for that matter)
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-16 08:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Evasion/tank set

Should probably rethink the novia earring if you're tanking ;<... It might not matter a whole lot, but could just sack 2 evasion to keep that enmity+7 (over the earring)
Hate caps, doesn't take long to cap, enmity-7 won't really change that. Once capped it's not going to affect you at all.

super late lol. Yeah I realized what I was thinking of was when a mob does a hate reset in a low-man (THF + mage) that enm- would suck. But then I realized that if you did lose hate, you no longer require an evasion set and can use TP get enough to WS, and surely regain hate >_>;;... (or any job for that matter)

Or you can use Accomplice.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-16 10:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Teh Orichalcum Earring +1 works these days now due to low cost, find a goldsmither that *** up. Same as Phrygian earring and much lower lvl, augment away with eva+3 and you'd be set

how do u augment earrings? never actuly bothered tring any of it when it came out
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-16 10:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

+2 body obtained!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-12-16 11:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-16 12:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

requires tabs from FoV
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-16 13:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
Here are my gear sets, my evasion set has two kila +2 eva for daggers, TP set i currently have a glavoid stage twashtar (20/50) but i mainhand a dex kila +2 and offhand auric. I am really proud of my evasion set.

TP

WS

If I may Critique a bit? If you're in abyssea you're massively over-killing your accuracy if you're using Razed Ruins/Cruor buffs, and i mean -massive- overkill.

your mantle could probably due an upgrade to Foragers/Cerb+1 or that Atk+20 Sbtblow+5 back.

Second ring might be due for an upgrade, go grab an Epona's now :P drops from Rani

Outside of Abyssea, those above sets seem good if you can find a mob thats level 100+ otherwise you're still over-killing the accuracy.

Edit: You're capping haste with that set up and It's nice. I'm curious if switching from PCC > Tiercal and those Baller's for THF+2 to further enhance the set bonus would be worth the lose of 2% Haste.
-- I think it is. You're @ 27% haste with your current set up, 1.8% overkill or so. Remove those boots for your +2 Empyrean for full-benefit from the entire set, and you're @ 23%, Add Tiercal and you're @ 24%... Hmmm, I think it might be worth it if its anything like the WoTG Armor and Part set gives bonus + Full set doubles the bonus.

Edit2: I Didn't know this was 3 pages long.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-16 14:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm normally doing NMs and zone bosses with my thf so the acc does help, even with RR while fighting things such as flame skimmer i have acc issues haha.

Im currently working on getting epona's ring right now, we're building pops for it. I also am working on my twashtar and planning to offhand a twilight dagger and replace the belt with twilight belt along with atheling mantle. As for the neck piece im still trying to get a love torque~

I only eat red curry buns now haha.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 14:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Swapping to Homam feet would retain true capped haste and add 6 more acc and 5 more attack, small though it may be.
 Unicorn.Lillaly
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Lillaly 2010-12-16 15:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So did the EVA thing ever get settled?

I was thinking (not i'm not big into the number crunching or following minute details about formulas) but what if +Eva skill increased the base evade rate, whereas +Eva increased said chance to evade. where +1 skill = +1 Eva but +1 skill also says "Hey i can evade slightly higer ACC Attacks then you"

Sorry if that didnt make much sense, but meh its my 2 cents.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-16 15:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Swapping to Homam feet would retain true capped haste and add 6 more acc and 5 more attack, small though it may be.

i was thinking about that last night as well
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-16 15:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
I'm normally doing NMs and zone bosses with my thf so the acc does help, even with RR while fighting things such as flame skimmer i have acc issues haha.

Im currently working on getting epona's ring right now, we're building pops for it. I also am working on my twashtar and planning to offhand a twilight dagger and replace the belt with twilight belt along with atheling mantle. As for the neck piece im still trying to get a love torque~

Even with Feint Fighting things like "Flame skimmer" will still give you accuracy troubles.

Flame skimmer, Indrik, and the Teir III VNM in Vunkerl are the only mobs i have accuracy issues with on THF, and even if you piled on the accuracy for those mobs you'd still likely never hit 95%.

But for every other NM in the entire game, You are over-killing Accuracy to some degree.

IDK what changes i can suggest though :|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 15:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Lillaly said:

I was thinking (not i'm not big into the number crunching or following minute details about formulas) but what if +Eva skill increased the base evade rate, whereas +Eva increased said chance to evade. where +1 skill = +1 Eva but +1 skill also says "Hey i can evade slightly higer ACC Attacks then you"

I'm afraid that not only makes no sense, it doesn't even appear to conform to how hitrate is calculated.

EDIT: speaking of which, if we can reverse-engineer mob AGI why can't we just check hitrate on a THF mob to settle this?
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-16 15:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:

Even with Feint Fighting things like "Flame skimmer" will still give you accuracy troubles.

Flame skimmer, Indrik, and the Teir III VNM in Vunkerl are the only mobs i have accuracy issues with on THF, and even if you piled on the accuracy for those mobs you'd still likely never hit 95%.

But for every other NM in the entire game, You are over-killing Accuracy to some degree.

IDK what changes i can suggest though :|

I cant really remove any of the pieces though because if i do i lose haste~ the only slot thats really playable is the neck, the back piece is really dex for crit~ ring isnt even something i think about since i will WILL get an epona's ring
 Unicorn.Lillaly
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Lillaly 2010-12-16 16:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Lillaly said:

I'm afraid that not only makes no sense, it doesn't even appear to conform to how hitrate is calculated.

EDIT: speaking of which, if we can reverse-engineer mob AGI why can't we just check hitrate on a THF mob to settle this?

Eh it sounded it good in my head, granted so do a lot of things.
like Pie. but not just any pie, Taco Pie.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

dDEX caps, RR + furtherances should have you well above cap. The 5 DEX on Nifty isn't really adding anything for you for TP except accuracy. For WS... barring SAWS, Nifty is only going to win if it brings you almost exactly to capped pDIF, or maybe if you somehow lack accuracy. Forager's or Cavaros would be better in all but the most finely tuned situations. Not sure how the DA mantle stacks up on WS (definitely strong for TP) given Triple Attack trait and a 6-hit WS (including offhand), but it's probably still best given the lack of a STR mod on dagger WS.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2010-12-16 16:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the plan is to get the DA mantle haha~ i need cerb nails down the road anyways, i might pick up a cerb +1 to TP in and might try for the carvaros mantle for WS until i pick up the atheling mantle

Duoed my Aias bonnet with my mule

thf/nin rdm/blm w00t w00t