Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Atma of the Griffon's Claw
Atma of the Griffon's Claw
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-12 10:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought Dunes' store tp:minor was a typo.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-12 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Atma of the Plaguebringer. "Regen": Minor "Store TP"+: Major "Double Attack"+: Minor (Minor is 5% Double Attack?)

Using Plague Bringer you could force Caladbolg to 6-hit Very Very easily assuming its well over 20 STP (STP Minor is 20) this atma is Major so you would be able to WS in w/e the hell you want inside of abyssea using a 6-hit Caladbolg.

We did some informal testing on this the other day, and despite being "major" on the description it appeared to only give 20stp. Not sure if it's an error in the description, or someone just screwed up in the implementation, but it was a major letdown for me as well. I was hoping for 30 stp so I could 4hit Maschu+2. lol

20 STP is actually overkill for the Caladbolg build I am going for, so either way its going to be the atma of choice for me, if it was higher it would be even more overkill on TP gain, so yea doesnt bug me at all that its a error in translation.

I would actually only need 16 STP from the atma to reach a 6-hit with Caladbolg so 20 STP is just enough to let me Weapon Skill in w/e I want :)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-12 10:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I always thought Dunes' store tp:minor was a typo.

Honestly I think it is a typo as well, Atma of Camaraderie is Store TP Minor and definitely not the same STP as Atma of the Dunes.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-12 10:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best atmas for Caladbolg are RR/VV and that TP bonus +100 atma.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-12 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus doesnt impress me in the least, Faster WS frequency should always win out over higher spike, that and the "Weapon Skill Accuracy Superior" on the Atma is VERY lame for a Single hit Weapon Skill...
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-12 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... true, also, TA procing on a Torcleaver would make some lolwut numbers.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-12 10:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can 6hit it, do that :P
Would be way better than alittle increase in ws dmg, but you allready know that D:
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-15 06:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
TP bonus doesnt impress me in the least, Faster WS frequency should always win out over higher spike, that and the "Weapon Skill Accuracy Superior" on the Atma is VERY lame for a Single hit Weapon Skill...

not that lame if you're using heafocc's and Varangian helm....thats a huge -acc lol

anyways, this atma you got...is there one for others zones? and do you have to do all the dominion ops in a single sitting? I just did all 14 ops in grauberg in 2 sittings and got no atma...i'm hoping there is one for all the zones, but i'm not sure
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-15 06:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I finally finished the 10% damage scythe (yes I am 5-hitting it) I was hitting 2.2-2.5k guillotines on regular mobs and some NMs I have to say using the 10% scythe with Griffon's claw actually impressed me. Lowest I actually hit was 1.8k.

Its definately not Razed Ruins Quality WS damage and definately not my WAR but its good enough for me to play drk in my opinion. 30% increase in Guillotine Damage is very nice.

I was using Voracious Violet, Razed Ruins, and Griffon's Claw really impressed with the combo overall on DRK, was actually hitting a NM for over 2k constantly as well.

This is my current TP setup that I am working with, no +2 hat /emo.

And my WS Gear

Mainly I am lacking +2 due to being in a really bad LS but that should be fixed shortly.

I highly recommend this scythe and atma combo if you can push a 5-hit seems to be doing really well for me on DRK.

Edit: I use a gorget inside of abyssea, also planning to switch to AMK hat for more WS dmg, thoughts?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-15 06:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

not that lame if you're using heafocc's and Varangian helm....thats a huge -acc lol

anyways, this atma you got...is there one for others zones? and do you have to do all the dominion ops in a single sitting? I just did all 14 ops in grauberg in 2 sittings and got no atma...i'm hoping there is one for all the zones, but i'm not sure

You are arguing -ACC for a single hit WS wut? All single hit WS have 95% ACC whether you choose to believe it or not, the first hit of EVERY Weapon skill is pre buffed with a giant ACC bonus. Plus DEX from cruor buffs and Razed ruins, you honestly think ACC is an issue?

You need to do the NPC's quest in order to get the atma and then do all the dominion OPs at their station, after that the atma will become available at the Atma Fabricant.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-15 13:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ok so I finally found it, I got it from doing Excenmille's quest in Altepa then finishing all the OPs that he has you do, takes maybe 60 minutes total.

Screwing around with it a little bit doesnt seem all that impressive, Guillotine Damage only seem slightly higher than the norm... Going to finish my 10% Damage scythe hoping maybe ill get better numbers from that.
Fenrir.Gradd said:
You talk to Excenmille at his little OP area, its near Flux 5, Quest is "Proof of the Lion" after that you complete the OPs the dude next to him gives you, and BAM Atma.

Hmmm just tryed to obtain this, with no luck. Went in talked to Excenmille flaged "Proof of the Lion" killed Waugyl got KI talked to Excenmille quest complete(got mnk hand:seal) > Did the Dominion ops next to him from npc 7-10 talked to Excenmille again and nothing. Did i miss somethen?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-15 13:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You get the atma from the Atma Fabricant, just like any other synthetic atma.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-15 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
You are arguing -ACC for a single hit WS wut? All single hit WS have 95% ACC whether you choose to believe it or not, the first hit of EVERY Weapon skill is pre buffed with a giant ACC bonus.

allow me to place further emphasis

when he states "giant ACC bonus", we're talking like a *** XBOX HUGE kind of accuracy bonus here

some dude from a while ago put this to the test on goblin blaggers in bibiki bay which just-so-happened to be the second most evasive monster (see: not nm) in the game at 75, next to mamool ja lurkers (so that he wouldn't be killing himself repeatedly, as i'm sure he was solo at the time)

with his test, he used nearly a hundred gekkos as samurai in no +accuracy gear during the weapon skill whatsoever, and on top of that, used blinding potions for every single one of them (which mind you that the blind effect from those said potions is -256 accuracy, or so last i recall)

now here's where you come in: i want you to guess what his weapon skill hit rate was after conducting the test

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-15 13:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
You are arguing -ACC for a single hit WS wut? All single hit WS have 95% ACC whether you choose to believe it or not, the first hit of EVERY Weapon skill is pre buffed with a giant ACC bonus.
allow me to place further emphasis when he states "giant ACC bonus", we're talking like a *** XBOX HUGE kind of accuracy bonus here some dude from a while ago put this to the test on goblin blaggers in bibiki bay which just-so-happened to be the second most evasive monster (see: not nm) in the game at 75, next to mamool ja lurkers (so that he wouldn't be killing himself repeatedly, as i'm sure he was solo at the time) with his test, he used nearly a hundred gekkos as samurai in no +accuracy gear during the weapon skill whatsoever, and on top of that, used blinding potions for every single one of them (which mind you that the blind effect from those said potions is -256 accuracy, or so last i recall) now here's where you come in: i want you to guess what his weapon skill hit rate was after conducting the test
So what you're saying is..... Hachiman Domaru would give me 102% ws acc? woooot
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-15 13:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

well no, i realize that, you are pre-capped on acc for 1 hit WS, but i dont think you can be over-capped meaning to say if you are at 95% acc, when you WS, but then WS in -20 acc that is somewhat of an issue (who the hell uses razed ruins on sam or non-crit WS jobs when there are other atma at your disposal?)

moot point regardless.... lol

what are the stats on the griffin claw atma?
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-15 13:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You get the atma from the Atma Fabricant, just like any other synthetic atma.
Got, Thanks.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-15 13:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
So what you're saying is..... Hachiman Domaru would give me 102% ws acc? woooot

0:27-0:33

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
(who the hell uses razed ruins on sam or non-crit WS jobs when there are other atma at your disposal?)

i do, actually, because it's just that *** good, although i still need to get my hands on plaguebringer and smiting blow thanks to me being a lazy bum on the matter of progressing through heroes content ;-;

point is, pre-heroes, it was still a staple even for non-crit jobs (drk and sam) just because, as mentioned above, it's mad good

griffonclaw is 10 scythe/gsd skill and 20% wsdmg, on that note (even though it's right on the first page)
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-15 13:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Solara said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Atma of the Plaguebringer. "Regen": Minor "Store TP"+: Major "Double Attack"+: Minor (Minor is 5% Double Attack?)

Using Plague Bringer you could force Caladbolg to 6-hit Very Very easily assuming its well over 20 STP (STP Minor is 20) this atma is Major so you would be able to WS in w/e the hell you want inside of abyssea using a 6-hit Caladbolg.

We did some informal testing on this the other day, and despite being "major" on the description it appeared to only give 20stp. Not sure if it's an error in the description, or someone just screwed up in the implementation, but it was a major letdown for me as well. I was hoping for 30 stp so I could 4hit Maschu+2. lol

20 STP is actually overkill for the Caladbolg build I am going for, so either way its going to be the atma of choice for me, if it was higher it would be even more overkill on TP gain, so yea doesnt bug me at all that its a error in translation.

I would actually only need 16 STP from the atma to reach a 6-hit with Caladbolg so 20 STP is just enough to let me Weapon Skill in w/e I want :)

I am unfamiliar with this atma but if there is a Store TP +20 atma then it makes viable the 4-hit Scythe build. Why not use that with A&O (2 lunar) or A&O and RR (3 lunar). I mean you would be hitting that triple attack (1-hit rebuild) frequently. Why not use that, and keep the Store TP reckoning instead of the WS dmg+ one?

On another note, I really do hate guillotine. I was using RR and A&O last night and was really disappointed when my triple attack occasionally hit harder than my guillotine.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-15 14:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well no, i realize that, you are pre-capped on acc for 1 hit WS, but i dont think you can be over-capped meaning to say if you are at 95% acc, when you WS, but then WS in -20 acc that is somewhat of an issue (who the hell uses razed ruins on sam or non-crit WS jobs when there are other atma at your disposal?)

It doesn't automatically set your hitrate to 95%. It's a large boost to your accuracy, so it will in fact cause you to overcap. The effective result of that is autocapped hitrate.

And yeah, as mentioned RR is just that boss.
By voido 2010-12-15 14:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

rr gc ao atma with soul eater
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-15 14:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry i didn't see it on first page..still dont...anyways, 20% WS dmg sounds nice for any DD really.... i might have to quest this ***
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-15 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Solara said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I am unfamiliar with this atma but if there is a Store TP +20 atma then it makes viable the 4-hit Scythe build. Why not use that with A&O (2 lunar) or A&O and RR (3 lunar). I mean you would be hitting that triple attack (1-hit rebuild) frequently. Why not use that, and keep the Store TP reckoning instead of the WS dmg+ one?

On another note, I really do hate guillotine. I was using RR and A&O last night and was really disappointed when my triple attack occasionally hit harder than my guillotine.

Two reasons I still do stuff outside of abyssea regularly and Don't benefit from Atma whatsoever, and two once I finish caladbolg it wont matter in the least.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

If you cannot learn to appreciate DoT then you need to relearn to DD, thats all I am gonna say to your RR comment. Especially with somebody with a Empyrean Constant 1k Crits will destroy any other atma you can chose.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-15 17:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the ops he made you do? He made me bring him a Waugyl's Claw, which i did, now he just wants another one.
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-12-15 17:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for being a little bit off topic.

I was wondering if anyone has tested the Store TP Atma's, if they can go over the STP +50 gear cap I hear of.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-15 17:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

If you cannot learn to appreciate DoT then you need to relearn to DD, thats all I am gonna say to your RR comment. Especially with somebody with a Empyrean Constant 1k Crits will destroy any other atma you can chose.

you're f-in hilarious... serious... my crits on sam are better with more att/str atmas than RR.. and i dont have an empyrean to test what my crits would do without RR atma
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-15 17:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ok so I finally found it, I got it from doing Excenmille's quest in Altepa then finishing all the OPs that he has you do, takes maybe 60 minutes total.

Screwing around with it a little bit doesnt seem all that impressive, Guillotine Damage only seem slightly higher than the norm... Going to finish my 10% Damage scythe hoping maybe ill get better numbers from that.
Cerberus.Stalkster said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Fenrir.Gradd said:
You talk to Excenmille at his little OP area, its near Flux 5, Quest is "Proof of the Lion" after that you complete the OPs the dude next to him gives you, and BAM Atma.

Hmmm just tryed to obtain this, with no luck. Went in talked to Excenmille flaged "Proof of the Lion" killed Waugyl got KI talked to Excenmille quest complete(got mnk hand:seal) > Did the Dominion ops next to him from npc 7-10 talked to Excenmille again and nothing. Did i miss somethen?
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
What are the ops he made you do? He made me bring him a Waugyl's Claw, which i did, now he just wants another one.

I also still cannot buy atma. Bump for OP response.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-15 18:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it... My fault.

To clarify what i did was flag and complete proof of the lion. then after i returned to excenmille and got credit for quest etc i zone out. Upon re-entry i talk to excen again twice. flag and do all 4 dominion OP's (i did all during same trip in succession from 7-10 but i have no idea if that matters). Excen gave me some BS about "we sure showed those monsters rawr pew pew" and then atma was available from NPC.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-15 23:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

you're f-in hilarious... serious... my crits on sam are better with more att/str atmas than RR.. and i dont have an empyrean to test what my crits would do without RR atma

Yes because you have a 60% Crit rate using other atma, and that measily STR your adding to your already capped FSTR is adding so much more dmg to your crits. RR is 30% increase in Crit damage another STR atma will NEVER compare to that in any way shape or form.

Suck less period.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-15 23:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
my crits on sam are better with more att/str atmas than RR
wat?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph