Fenrir.Snick said:
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
Phoenix.Urteil said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.
That's because your an idiot.
idk, using perle hands and spending 600k on blitz ring is pretty idiotic. Instead of buying dusk at least.
He doesn't wanna move slowly obviously, duh!

get on msn son
 Leviathan.Mikeh
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-12-16 08:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The procrate on this thing is terrible. I have killed over a hundred Chasm Coeurls and it hasn't procced once yet :/

EDIT: It just procced..... Took about 110 kills, sigh.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-12-16 08:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Urteil said:
I like how everyone is excited over a piece of gimmicky crap.
this man was right. the procrate is a joke... so this cythe is not really that awesome. good lookng towngear for sure
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-16 08:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mikeh said:
The procrate on this thing is terrible. I have killed over a hundred Chasm Coeurls and it hasn't procced once yet :/ EDIT: It just procced..... Took about 110 kills, sigh.

Yup as expected. No suprise here. I Just hope we get Dark Impact between 91 and 99 as an exclusive spell. I mean, it IS a dark magic spell.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-16 09:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only excited to have a scythe more or less close to an absolution that, no doubt, will be floored in this BC if i don't lot it. It isn't game breaking. The scythe will be overshadowed by anyone who has taken the time to get 30 coins of birth etc.

I still won't kick it out of bed for sure. I sure won't harp on it or call it crap unless/until i have something better than it. Even if i did have something better than it, I most likely would still play with it when not doing events.

I, for one, am mildly excited for this gimmicky piece of crap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-16 09:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
I'm only excited to have a scythe more or less close to an absolution that, no doubt, will be floored in this BC if i don't lot it. It isn't game breaking. The scythe will be overshadowed by anyone who has taken the time to get 30 coins of birth etc. I still won't kick it out of bed for sure. I sure won't harp on it or call it crap unless/until i have something better than it. Even if i did have something better than it, I most likely would still play with it when not doing events. I, for one, am mildly excited for this gimmicky piece of crap.

Well...it does LOOK cool. And whenever it procs, it will be like a holiday suprise......minus the naked gf. But a suprise none the less!!
 Leviathan.Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-12-16 09:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... Guess i was really unlucky? Since my last post, it's procced like 5-6 more times. Some times back-to-back. I'm not sure what to make of it. The proc rate is really low, but when it does proc it's pretty funny.

I haven't tried it on any NM's yet, but it's safe to say it probably wouldn't work.

EDIT: Ok.. Not sure what has happened but it's proccing on like 1 in every 10 mobs now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-16 09:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mikeh said:
Hmmm... Guess i was really unlucky? Since my last post, it's procced like 5-6 more times. Some times back-to-back. I'm not sure what to make of it. The proc rate is really low, but when it does proc it's pretty funny.

I haven't tried it on any NM's yet, but it's safe to say it probably wouldn't work.

EDIT: Ok.. Not sure what has happened but it's proccing on like 1 in every 10 mobs now.

I am not saying that the two would or should be related in any manner but the comparison has already been mentioned several times in this thread. When i use vermeil axe the chance for amnesia to land seems drastically to swing up or down, not only based on the difficulty or mob type, but also due to some other factors (time of day, ele day, blind dumb luck). I will have a day where it wont land on a single EP enemy and then I will have it land 4 IT enemies in a row.

What did the enemies check as out of curiosity?
 Leviathan.Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-12-16 09:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly very tough.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-16 10:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mikeh said:
Hmmm... Guess i was really unlucky? Since my last post, it's procced like 5-6 more times. Some times back-to-back. I'm not sure what to make of it. The proc rate is really low, but when it does proc it's pretty funny. I haven't tried it on any NM's yet, but it's safe to say it probably wouldn't work. EDIT: Ok.. Not sure what has happened but it's proccing on like 1 in every 10 mobs now.

Death takes time to proc. lol. could not resist.

This is just an guess, Not sure what the day was when it started to proc better. But maybe it procs more on Darksday, less on lightsday, and a medium amout on any other day.

edit: opps, Ashman already touched on this.
 Asura.Projekt
Server: Asura
user: Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2010-12-17 18:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the scythe also, haven't tested much, as I got the scythe when I gave up on DRK at 89(I was distraught at how my gimp THF used only for TH can do consistent 2-3k+ Eviscerations, whereas DRK struggles hard to get above 2k-2.5k Guillo's), did a few Dominion OPs to get 90, didn't proc once on Sub Zero Gears in Abyssea-Ule, out of about 50 mobs. Wasn't expecting it to proc at all so nothing surprising. It looks awesome though, I use it as I'm standing in Jeuno(while waiting on events to change back to WAR), gets alot of examines lol being that we were the first LS on Asura to kill all Caturae and win the BC(feelsgoodman).

All in all, not a bad weapon to have.

Edit** So, I decided to mess around with the scythe in a PuG exp group in Abyssea La-thiene on Crapaudy's. For those that were speculating; Thundersday/Lightsday so far. Proc rate seems to be alot better than I had originally thought, maybe it's the mob type/level(most, if not all of them con'd Even Match/Decent to me as Lv.90). I was using VV/Harvester/Apocalypse Atma's with no food cause the party wasn't worth it. Noticed that it can proc on any attack in the attack round, and at any % of the mob. A few pics, notice the times in between procs.

Also, Death proc gives Pearl light, like Odin.
[+]
 Asura.Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2010-12-22 01:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

bumpbumpbumpcausenobodyrepliedtomylastpost

So, I was messing around in Dynamis Xarc, and this may just be a glitch on my end but everyone else was seeing it also, check this out.

Tried it on another PLD and same thing. Twilight Scythe goes through Invincible, pretty interesting if ya ask me.

And before you ask, no Death did not proc on anything inside Dynamis Xarc.

Edit** Didn't particularly get to find out if Weapon Skill damage goes through Invincible, as mobs were dying too quick, usually before 2hr went off, or I didn't have TP.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-22 02:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ok Twilight Scythe drks, plz do me a favor..if it goes through invincible..like in the SS posted just above me.. can it go through NMs' PDT- traits? can we test this on say Rani?
[+]
 Asura.Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2010-12-22 02:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of wish this was known sooner, or else I would of tried on the Rani's my LS were doing the other day since we were farming Epona rings.

Also, does not go through Perfect Dodge(thought I'd try it incase someone asked).
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-23 21:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this scythe hits like Formless Strikes. I was hitting elementals in abyssea for 400+ with no souleater while others were hitting for like 10.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-23 21:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
I believe this scythe hits like Formless Strikes. I was hitting elementals in abyssea for 400+ with no souleater while others were hitting for like 10.

Well that's interesting O.o
I'll test this when I wake up unless someone else did it before then >_<
 Fairy.Arck
Server: Fairy
user: Arck
By Fairy.Arck 2010-12-23 22:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If thats the case thats a pretty awesome effect
Just sayin

be nice when mobs through up phsyical immunities
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-23 22:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From my understanding Rani's damage reduction is applied to all types of damage? In that case the scythe would be subject to the same damage reduction.
 Diabolos.Travieso
Server: Diabolos
user: Travieso
By Diabolos.Travieso 2010-12-23 22:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Gonna be a laugh when a drk gets charmed with that scythe and kills everyone in sight :D

You show me a drk with good enough accuracy and I will laugh right long with you, lol.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-23 22:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can clearly tell when i switch to Twilight Scythe from Crisis
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-23 23:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No one finds this interesting?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-23 23:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No because its Dark Knight
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-23 23:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
No because its Dark Knight

go back to sucking at blu Draylo come back when SE gives us a good WS and your a gaga for the job agian =/
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-24 00:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This has to be tested on Rani.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-24 00:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
This has to be tested on Rani.

Lol well i dont plan on killing rani any time soon, so hopefully someone else can do it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Steelknight
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Steelknight 2010-12-24 13:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am confused about the guillotine's done in that screen shot. When using crisis you did 363. Switched over to twilight and your dmg per hit went up to 200+ per swing but your guillotine was lower.

Just bad luck with accuracy?
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2010-12-24 13:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Steelknight said:
I am confused about the guillotine's done in that screen shot. When using crisis you did 363. Switched over to twilight and your dmg per hit went up to 200+ per swing but your guillotine was lower.

Just bad luck with accuracy?

that right there might prove it doesnt work within a ws?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-24 14:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it doesnt work with WS, i tried it a little more last night.