Asura.Maswan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Maswan
By Asura.Maswan 2010-12-07 13:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
^ SE probably noticed DRKs using axes for Rampage, which made them realize that there was something wrong...

Yah.... It's not exactly subtle as to what job that is supposed to go with.

Wny word on how to get? Sounds like it's related to The San d'Oria questline in WotG.

Still, unless the damage + is like 50%, it's still not really competitive with Razed Ruins.
With a name like that, I'd say it more than likely is from WoTG
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 13:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't know how that atma is obtained exactly yet.

I've not played this game in like a month or so. I haven't quit the game yet, just occupied with other stuff at the moment...

It would definitely need to be very potent to be able to make DRK WSs competitive to a good crit WS with RR atma though.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-07 13:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Yeah, I don't know how that atma is obtained exactly yet.

I've not played this game in like a month or so. I haven't quit the game yet, just occupied with other stuff at the moment...

It would definitely need to be very potent to be able to make DRK WSs competitive to a good crit WS with RR atma though.

Yah, I just came back a few days ago, I feel so behind now. No Bluebox'd af or nothin.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 13:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Inb4 FU SE, That's not good enough for my DRK!
It's not Unless there is an Atma which favours DRK and makes RR look like a joke, this gear is nowhere near enough to fix the mess that is DRK.

Atma of the Griffon's Claw
Great Sword skill+: Major
Scythe skill+: Major
(2H weapon equipped) WS damage+: Major

Not saying it makes RR look like a joke, but it's specifically designed for DRK.

The name could be interpreted as it having to do either with the completion of Sandy WotG line or a new hyppo NM.
DRK and PLD will definitely gain the most of it, but the 2H weapon WS damage can favor any 2hand weapon, making it also viable to the remaining 2hand melees.

With 3 Lunar Abyssite (if I recall right?) soon becoming available though, it is likely to become the 3rd choice for most DDs after RR and VV Atmas, which would consequently throw DRK back to the bottom of "pure damage" results.

Of course it's all speculations for now.

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 14:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

The name could be interpreted as it having to do either with the completion of Sandy WotG line or a new hyppo NM.
DRK and PLD will definitely gain the most of it, but the 2H weapon WS damage can favor any 2hand weapon, making it also viable to the remaining 2hand melees.

With 3 Lunar Abyssite (if I recall right?) soon becoming available though, it is likely to become the 3rd choice for most DDs after RR and VV Atmas, which would consequently throw DRK back to the bottom of "pure damage" results.

Of course it's all speculations for now.

Wouldn't that be a waste in favor of other Atmas, though?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 15:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It solely depends on the strenght of the increased WS Damage effect.

There may be other Atmas out there (I haven't checked them all) that certain jobs could benefit more from.

Mine were just considerations about the high hope that this Atma was specifically designed for DRK and would help it catch up on other DDs.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 15:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

There may be other Atmas out there (I haven't checked them all) that certain jobs could benefit more from.

Mine were just considerations about the high hope that this Atma was specifically designed for DRK and would help it catch up on other DDs.
in any case, it'll be a significant boost for DRK (GreatSword Paladins too to an extent), since it can take advantage of any of the two weapons it can use (as I said, the Attack and Accuracy from Skill helps), while the other 2-handers don't really get any benefit from it other than the WS Damage.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 15:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

in any case, it'll be a significant boost for DRK, since it can take advantage of any of the two weapons it can use (as I said, the Attack and Accuracy from Skill helps), while the other 2-handers don't really get any benefit from it other than the WS Damage.

I totally agree. I think it will affect GS DRKs (and PLDs for fun) the most due to the nature of SS WS mods, which I believe will prove better than Guillo and Insurgency.

I'm very anxious to get back on game and start working on a Caladbolg GS
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-07 15:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-07 17:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit WS or not, I'd probably use VV/RR/GH. DRK is now more of DoT than WSDMG....
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2010-12-15 00:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.

That's because your an idiot.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-15 00:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Crit WS or not, I'd probably use VV/RR/GH. DRK is now more of DoT than WSDMG....

DRK is far from a DoT job, MNK says hi.

DRK is a gimp job right now thats all it is, sad to say it doesnt compete with anything not even PUP.

Even once I finish caladbolg all I expect to do is Keep up on DRK nothing more nothing less.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-15 01:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.

That's because you're an idiot.

ftfw
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-15 01:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All this dark is dead talk is so stupid.

wat scenario are u judging by? NMs? aby parties? solo?

For abyssea NM's sheer brute dmg isnt even valuable considering u want time to trigger !!'s and a controlled environment. Dark brings so much to the table in thse scenarios because its not a one sided DD. It can tank; stun; cover a majority of red WS's and a whole lot of blue as well and with the right builds can maintain respectable dmg for when its time to pedal to the metal own the NM.

Aby parties darks do more than fine. Everyone is basing this Loldrk based on WS numbers. totally not the only way to do dmg. First off, there Ws numbers are nooot thaaaat far off. Yeh i get it, a 2500 guillotine is not a 4k ascetic fury... so *** wat.
I watched a dark the other day Every 4 minutes he would pop souleater for 1 minute then again 4 minute cool down rinse repeat.
during souleater he would pop last resort for 30 seconds his Scythe swing time was super fast due to Desperate blows im assuming.
For this 1 minute he would equip magnus scythe (yeh yeh tp loss for switching weapons blah blah he lost like 1 swing worth of tp)
about half of his swings during that minute were for 1k-1300 dmg on a regular swing... the other ones were either 500ish no crit and 750ish crit. Every 3 minutes he was doing around an 800 drain II
and every minute a 500-600ish drain I (the numbers for the drains rarely showed full but i was paying attention to % loss when he used it.) He also added around 1200 dmg from dread spikes every 3 minutes. And then he had his 1800-2500 guillotines that are sooo lol right?
The point is if u think dark is dead then ur obviously not using the tools SE gave u. Ur not staying on top of ur timers. Ur not using ur spells and ur gear. Now maybe when u say dark is lol wat u really mean is "dark is too much work, i can has mor with less button @_@?"

And the last possible way to judge dark is with solo play. Dark is perfectly equiped to solo abyssea. They have plenty of dmg mitigation and healing. Plenty of dmg. and they can trigger ruby azure amber and pearl. and they are ACTUALLY capable of truly soloing, Not dual box a cheap *** whm mule in tow and call it soloing.

"lookit me i am soes good =) im invinshible (<3 my whm slave)"

P.S. so there. not that u trolls will listen to me anyway. Its in ur nature to skim read and ignore any post thats over 10 lines long.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2010-12-15 01:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Phoenix.Urteil said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.

That's because you're an idiot.

ftfw

It must suck being as petty as you.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-15 05:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotterdammerung presents an interesting idea with the magnus scythe. o_o
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-12-15 06:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone was wondering what the spell Impact looks like, here is a vid of the .dat.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-15 07:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
My DRK is level 52 I know exactly what I am Talking about

Orly now
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, dark knight.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-15 17:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
My DRK is level 52 I know exactly what I am Talking about

Orly now

All this points out is how sad it is that sumone who doesnt even play dark, knows more about its capabilities than someone who mains it.

Yeh i dont play dark, but i have main drk friends and i fight with drks in events and parties and shout groups and i parse drks and i pay attention and i have a brain and i can read and they have this luvly intranets where i can learn all about there JA's spells gear options.

and i hardly see how my underleveld dark has anything to do with my post considering most of it was a recounting of an eyewitness account of someone elses dark kicking ***.

It sounds like ur just lolmad because my post points out how u undoubtedly suck at ur main job.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-15 17:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Will DRK ever cease to be a source of commotion?

I beg of you, less bleeding, more playing the videoggame and less feeling jealous of other jobs that have nothing in common with you!

If you want to replicate the way a MNK DoT DDs, the way SAM spams WSs, the way WAR goes berserk, go level tha friggin job!

I believe Gotterdamerung made a good point with his example of DRK JAs, Spellcasting etc.

Parsers are a terrible way to narrow down the variety and freedom granted by the game and the jobs you get to choose from. If all that matters is being the top DD whatever the job you're using, whatever the circumstances you're in, then go play a game where all you get to pick from is the color of your character's clothes or something.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-15 18:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

DRK is far from a DoT job, MNK says hi.
DRK is a gimp job right now thats all it is, sad to say it doesnt compete with anything not even PUP.
Even once I finish caladbolg all I expect to do is Keep up on DRK nothing more nothing less.
NIN!
All this RR hype made me want to finish gearing my NIN, got 8 leg seals in a day lol
also, magic accuracy scythe is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, unless you do PvP.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-15 18:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
This was posted before the WSDMG +20%; Scythe skill +30;G.Sword skill +30 (I think?) atma was found.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-15 19:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill+10 each.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-15 19:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish DRK would stop QQing all the time, they've gained a lot more in recent time than PLD...
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-15 20:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD just got Shield Bash IV on Aegis, whatya complainin about!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-15 20:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
I wish DRK would stop QQing all the time, they've gained a lot more in recent time than PLD...

About the only thing DRK has gained since the level cap raises is Endark and Caladbolg... Not saying PLD is getting treated any better. I guess we're just the *** jobs (Not MNK, NIN or WAR)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-15 20:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
PLD just got Shield Bash IV on Aegis, whatya complainin about!
Right now? That I don't have an Aegis.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2010-12-15 21:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.

idk, using perle hands and spending 600k on blitz ring is pretty idiotic. Instead of buying dusk at least.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 00:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
Phoenix.Urteil said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Magic Accuracy scythe
That's all I saw.

idk, using perle hands and spending 600k on blitz ring is pretty idiotic. Instead of buying dusk at least.
He doesn't wanna move slowly obviously, duh!
[+]