Guillotine Set Up... Amidoingirwrong?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Guillotine set up... Amidoingirwrong?
Guillotine set up... Amidoingirwrong?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-18 23:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
My axe skill is not capped ; ;

EDIT: but yeah, DRK really needs a crit WS on scythe or GS. This is getting a bit ridiculous...

Omnislash Can I have it? >:D
Holy ***, I think every DRK in the game would*** their pants over that one.
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-18 23:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
My axe skill is not capped ; ; EDIT: but yeah, DRK really needs a crit WS on scythe or GS. This is getting a bit ridiculous...

I'm okay with not getting a crit WS, as long as we get SOMETHING to make us competitive in the future, i.e. whatever comes after abyssea, be it new world spawns or new events. We weren't anything special at 75, other than a really nice tank, and we're the bottom of the barrel now in abyssea. Despite this, drk is a really popular and loved job; the drk forum is probably the most active job-specific forum of all. I would say 99% of people devoted to the job and making contributions understand it's a shitty dd, but just don't care out of enjoying it so much, myself included.

I hope SE realizes how much we enjoy this job, and finally buffs drks to be equal to the mnks, wars, and sams, even if it's just for outside abyssea at 99 or w/e. I play whm 99% of the time, and we were redeemed by abyssea over the goddamn rdms; extend drk the same break SE!
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-19 00:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
My axe skill is not capped ; ;

EDIT: but yeah, DRK really needs a crit WS on scythe or GS. This is getting a bit ridiculous...

Omnislash Can I have it? >:D

That would be the perfect multi-hit WS for GS! =O

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
My axe skill is not capped ; ; EDIT: but yeah, DRK really needs a crit WS on scythe or GS. This is getting a bit ridiculous...

I'm okay with not getting a crit WS, as long as we get SOMETHING to make us competitive in the future, i.e. whatever comes after abyssea, be it new world spawns or new events. We weren't anything special at 75, other than a really nice tank, and we're the bottom of the barrel now in abyssea. Despite this, drk is a really popular and loved job; the drk forum is probably the most active job-specific forum of all. I would say 99% of people devoted to the job and making contributions understand it's a shitty dd, but just don't care out of enjoying it so much, myself included.

I hope SE realizes how much we enjoy this job, and finally buffs drks to be equal to the mnks, wars, and sams, even if it's just for outside abyssea at 99 or w/e. I play whm 99% of the time, and we were redeemed by abyssea over the goddamn rdms; extend drk the same break SE!

Obviously, we want a crit WS because of Abyssea and RR atma etc.

DRK does need something to make it more competitive with other DDs. As you noted, most of us are aware of this.

Who knows what there will be for lv86-99...I'd rather not speculate. We can only hope it brings something positive to DRK's DD department...

Time will tell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-19 08:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

having a crit ws would ideal
but looking at the empyrean weaponskills and also the weaponskills that were released prior
I think SE is going to give us a weaponskill that deals x3 or x4 damage with a stupidly high tp mod with str/int mods
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-19 08:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the reason I don't care too much for a crit ws is because I think lvl99 endgame will be outside abyssea. crit ws are great in abyssea, but I want a buff that will endure.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-19 08:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
the reason I don't care too much for a crit ws is because I think lvl99 endgame will be outside abyssea. crit ws are great in abyssea, but I want a buff that will endure.

Hold your breath!
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-19 08:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How about raising Souleater's cap and releasing new armor or weapons to go with it?

Considering how DRKs can basically fulltime SE when available nowadays (Edit: at least within Abyssea), being able to boost it further up would at least be a nice addition.
Add in a new En-Drain spell to use while under SE effect and it would even stick to the "Dark Knight" theme.

A critical WS would be much simpler of course..
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-19 08:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
How about raising Souleater's cap and releasing new armor or weapons to go with it? Considering how DRKs can basically fulltime SE when available nowadays, baing able to boost it further up would at least be a nice addition. Add in a new En-Drain spell to use while under SE effect and it would even stick to the "Dark Knight" theme. A critical WS would be much simpler of course..
or give us a little demon pet :D like the size of those baby worms in abyssea attohwa. it can hit really weak, but attack really fast and drains health and gives to us >:D
 Bahamut.Arouis
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-11-19 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
How about raising Souleater's cap and releasing new armor or weapons to go with it?

Considering how DRKs can basically fulltime SE when available nowadays (Edit: at least within Abyssea), being able to boost it further up would at least be a nice addition.
Add in a new En-Drain spell to use while under SE effect and it would even stick to the "Dark Knight" theme.

Like Bloodweapon?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-19 08:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, something like Bloodweapon but limited somehow to the activation of Souleater or to a stupid recast timer.

Edit: It could even be an Additional Effect triggered by the use of SE
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-19 08:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Arouis said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
How about raising Souleater's cap and releasing new armor or weapons to go with it? Considering how DRKs can basically fulltime SE when available nowadays (Edit: at least within Abyssea), being able to boost it further up would at least be a nice addition. Add in a new En-Drain spell to use while under SE effect and it would even stick to the "Dark Knight" theme. A critical WS would be much simpler of course..
Like Bloodweapon?
make it a passive trait with like 25% proc rate. that would be better or give us both a trait and a spell :D
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-19 08:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

If I remember correctly the souleater cap cannot be raised because of how it activates. We have armor that raises it from 10% - 12% and a pixie scythe that ca add an additional 1% - 2% on top of that. The reason the armor caps out at 12% is because of multi hit weapons like K.club.
If you conceivably pull off all 8 hits from a K.club your HP must drop the required percentage before it is re-assesed for the subsequent hit. In other words an 8 hit K.club strike instantly consumes 80% of your HP (96% with an armor buff) NOT 8 consecutive hits but 8 at once. So to raise it another percentage passes 12% would strike away more HP than 100%

Now maybe gear that doubles dmg or halfs the draw would be another story.

you re-gain it from an additional buff like blood weapon
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-19 09:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I say a buff to drk and the best you can come up with is more souleater ***? come on, guys...
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-19 09:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The Pixie scythe was only one of the additions. As of today, I believe only 7 items that enhance SE exist:

chaos burgeonet and the +1, dweomer scythe, Moliones's sickle when paired with Moliones's ring, gloom breastplate and sable cuisses

As you can see, most of them are now outdated as TP or WS pieces so I'm not going to be surprised if either AF3 Body or hands (or Ammo Accessory?!?) boost SE by that additional 2%

As for SE being impossible to raise, I think I recall the 12% cap being forced at some point during the game because the previously uncapped SE was far too broke as a boost to damage.
I wasn't playing yet back then so I'm going to apply to the benefit of doubt.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-19 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
I say a buff to drk and the best you can come up with is more souleater ***? come on, guys...

Neither you or I or anyone else is from SE's Dev. team so, does it even matter?
If you feel our guesses (pointless guesses might I add) are bad then why not try contribute yourself rather than mumble 'something needs to happen' and complain XD
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-19 09:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Neither you or I or anyone else is from SE's Dev team so, does it even matter? If you feel our guesses (pointless might I add) are bad then why not try contribute yourself rather than mumble 'something needs to happen' and complain XD

I think the most important thing is a new kickass WS. I understand where SE is going with giving us magic skill and MAB gear, but in the time it takes to cast it, you could (and should) be doing 5x+ the damage in melee. I would honestly say to leave LR and SE as they are, they're plenty great as is, although a timer reduction would be great.

Basically I'd like to see a buff to drk's melee potential, instead of our magics side. I really don't want it to be in the form of a new scythe though, I love my current one. :(
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-19 10:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to say what they'll come up with. From the latest updates it seeme like SE wanted to turn DRK into a trigger happy, beefed up lvl 50 BLM with a taste for black..

I don't know what scythe you're using, but seeing how both game mechanics and players usually tend to only favor one as the "top of the line" weapon, I hope you picked the right one.
Only lvl 99 will tell us for sure what DRK's best weapon will be, whether an insanely improved Relic, Mythic, Empyrean or something completely new.

The reason I was guessing on something that was affected by SE is because it's a funny and unique JA.
I'd rather see DRK get something relevant to its JAs or JTs than an adjustment to make it look or function like a WAR or a SAM.

We will see next month.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-19 10:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

I'd rather see DRK get something relevant to its JAs or JTs than an adjustment to make it look or function like a WAR or a SAM.

I agree.
I'd like to see them give LR a longer duration, 30sec wat? >_<
And something like make SE occationally not drain HP, maybe?
And a new good WS..
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-19 10:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
It's hard to say what they'll come up with. From the latest updates it seeme like SE wanted to turn DRK into a trigger happy, beefed up lvl 50 BLM with a taste for black.. I don't know what scythe you're using, but seeing how both game mechanics and players usually tend to only favor one as the "top of the line" weapon, I hope you picked the right one. Only lvl 99 will tell us for sure what DRK's best weapon will be, whether an insanely improved Relic, Mythic, Empyrean or something completely new. The reason I was guessing on something that was affected by SE is because it's a funny and unique JA. I'd rather see DRK get something relevant to its JAs or JTs than an adjustment to make it look or function like a WAR or a SAM. We will see next month.

I use a maleficence +1, which as far as I know is the top of the line, but if I'm wrong correct me and I'll make a new one. ; -;

I think Kvazz is right, longer LR duration and a bomb ws would be really nice.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-19 10:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the STP Reckoning+1 was better, but don't take my opinion into consideration, I could be wrong.

The December update should at the very least bring us a new WS since we are going to breach a new set of skill levels and the 80 > 85 cap didn't bring any (aside from the strictly 'weapon dependant' Quietus)

Lenghtening LR would be great. Maybe they'll add that as a merit option though. I don't see them adjusting such a low lvl JA now, but that could just be me.

Also the fact we will be able to complete AF3 sets will probably bring a lot of commotion. If they stick to the good buffs they put on the 1st 3 pieces I'm sure every DRK will have reasons to smile.
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-11-19 10:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
I thought the STP Reckoning+1 was better, but don't take my thoughts into consideration, I could be wrong. The December update should at the very least bring us a new WS since we are going to breach a new set of skill levels and the 80 > 85 cap didn't bring any (aside from the strictly 'weapon dependant' Quietus) Lenghtening LR would be great. Maybe they'll add that as a merit option though. I don't see them adjusting such a low lvl JA now, but that could just be me. Also the fact we will be able to complete AF3 sets will probably bring a lot of commotion. If they stick to the good buffs they put on the 1st 3 pieces I'm sure every DRK will have reasons to smile.

Reckoning+1's charm is you can easily 5-hit it. However, I 5-hit my Maleficence+1, and Reckoning+1 can't 4-hit, so I'm 99% sure it's superior.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-19 12:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*prays to SE*
Can you give Drk's this
or this?
[+]
 Leviathan.Agentd
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-11-19 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a welcome job ability to dark knights would be a move that actually gave your next WS a critical modifier.It shouldn't be hard to do, and I think every dark knight fan would be exceptionally thrilled with it, even if it was a 3 minute cooldown.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-19 13:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
*prays to SE* Can you give Drk's this
do you want this as one ws lmao?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 01:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

Absolutely this!!!! lmao XD
By Detzu 2010-11-20 02:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Guillotine is a multi-hit WS. If you want to do heavy dmg with this WS this is the path you have to follow:

1- Accuracy
2- Attack
3- Scythe skill
4- STR
5- Haste
6- MND

I saw some sets with accuracy -20 or else, you can't do heavy dmg with such a lack of accuracy.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-20 02:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste for Guillotine? Epic
By Detzu 2010-11-20 02:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I love when my WS is faster than normal.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 05:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
I thought the STP Reckoning+1 was better, but don't take my thoughts into consideration, I could be wrong. The December update should at the very least bring us a new WS since we are going to breach a new set of skill levels and the 80 > 85 cap didn't bring any (aside from the strictly 'weapon dependant' Quietus) Lenghtening LR would be great. Maybe they'll add that as a merit option though. I don't see them adjusting such a low lvl JA now, but that could just be me. Also the fact we will be able to complete AF3 sets will probably bring a lot of commotion. If they stick to the good buffs they put on the 1st 3 pieces I'm sure every DRK will have reasons to smile.

Reckoning+1's charm is you can easily 5-hit it. However, I 5-hit my Maleficence+1, and Reckoning+1 can't 4-hit, so I'm 99% sure it's superior.

The more and more Double attack DRK gets the less efficient the OAT Scythe actually becomes...

DRK can actually hit a 39% Double attack rate using certain atma and gear with a higher base Damage weapon making the use of the OAT Scythe rather worthless :/

Also if your curious about where all that Double attack come from.

10% Atma of the Voracious Violet
10% Atma of the Harvester
7% Double Attack Scythe (Higher Base Dmg Version of Maleficience)
5% Brutal Earring
3% AF3 +1 Helm
2% Pole Grip
2% Askar Body

All that totals up to 39% Double attack without having to use an OAT weapon which would be vastly superior.

If SE finally gives in and gives DRK double attack trait in the upcomming updates DRK will be able to attain a 49% Double attack rating without the use of the OAT weapon. With things going how they are OAT scythe is going to end up being a very weak scythe, especially with Heroes coming out (99% Sure we will be able to use a third Lunar abyssite).

Anyways just my thoughts on the subject of the OAT scythe.

Edit:

Also might be worth noting that that double attack scythe is only going to get more Double attack in future updates.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-20 05:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't DA+ minor found to be only 5%?