Guillotine Set Up... Amidoingirwrong?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Guillotine set up... Amidoingirwrong?
Guillotine set up... Amidoingirwrong?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 05:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Wasn't DA+ minor found to be only 5%?

I am pretty sure its 10%
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 05:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh weird wiki is showing 5% now wtf o.O
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 05:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Detzu said:
Yeah I love when my WS is faster than normal.

Ah, but Haste itself takes time to proc you see?

Honestly, giving DRK DA Trait is exacly the sort of adjustment I was referring to; something I would rather not see.
Although I always love when DA procs, whether it's on WAR or anoter Job, it still feels like it "belongs' to WARs.

Truth is SE is going for the cheap solutions and is just mixing up Job Traits like there was no tomorrow just to try balance out jobs, rather than trying to actually invent new stuff that is unique to a specific job.

Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 05:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Detzu said:
Yeah I love when my WS is faster than normal.

Ah, but Haste itself takes time to proc you see?

Honestly, giving DRK DA Trait is exacly the sort of adjustment I was referring to; something I would rather not see.
Although I always love when DA procs, whether it's on WAR or anoter Job, it still feels like it "belongs' to WARs.

Truth is SE is going for the cheap solutions and is just mixing up Job Traits like there was no tomorrow just to try balance out jobs, rather than trying to actually invent new stuff that is unique to a specific job.

Double Attack hardy 'belongs' to Warrior, BLU has it aswell, altho BLU gets it much much later than WAR.

Samurai and Monk also get double attack from using /WAR as a support job, being their absolute best Support job to use for those two certain jobs. So why not want DRK to get Double attack? Every other job pretty much has access too it without having to gimp themselves with a ***sub, giving DRK double attack would only let it keep up more with other jobs, something it strongly has always struggled to do.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-20 05:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Detzu said:
Guillotine is a multi-hit WS. If you want to do heavy dmg with this WS this is the path you have to follow:

1- Accuracy
2- Attack
3- Scythe skill
4- STR
5- Haste
6- MND

I saw some sets with accuracy -20 or else, you can't do heavy dmg with such a lack of accuracy.

5- Haste what? lol..
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 05:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you see the difference though.
To access DA other jobs have to sub /WAR, which is fine with me really.

I'm not saying "remove DA from the JT list even when subbing /WAR".

As for BLU I would consider it as an exception since in order to achieve DA it needs to set the spell list to some extent, and the fact BLU can obtain nearly any trait is part of its "talents".

The problem is, you're more likely going to see DRKs sub SAM because of the better combination of traits they get from it, so why hand out stuff that is from yet another job?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 06:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Well you see the difference though.
To access DA other jobs have to sub /WAR, which is fine with me really.

I'm not saying "remove DA from the JT list even when subbing /WAR".

As for BLU I would consider it as an exception since in order to achieve DA it needs to set the spell list to some extent, and the fact BLU can obtain nearly any trait is part of its "talents".

The problem is, you're more likely going to see DRKs sub SAM because of the better combination of traits they get from it, so why hand out stuff that is from yet another job?

Blue Mage Sets double attack without having to sacrifice any specific spells, I can gear my BLU keep double attack and have all the spells I want offensively, I cant imagine a spell set that would prevent me from being able to keep Double attack on BLU, im going to have it no matter what.

What Square Enix could do is give WAR a higher tier of Double attack, altho with all the Double attack Warrior already has from its AF3 that would be rather pointless to me.

Altho with merits Warrior technically already has a higher Tier of Double attack, you push it to 15% double attack with merits already making it superior to other jobs version of double attack whether its Blue Mages Double attack or Monk and Samurai Subbing Warrior for the trait, its still a more superior Double attack.

Not to mention the fact that Warrior gets 5% Double attack from its AF3+2 Legs, 9% from both the head and Legs combined (technically more but I have no clue what the set bonus adds up too) But I am pretty sure you cant cap haste currently with 3/3 AF3+2.

My point being Warrior already has a vastly superior Double attack rating compared to other jobs, so why complain about another job having it?

Edit:

Double attack isnt the only thing that makes Warrior shine, it has so many damn offensively powerful Job abilities, sometimes it just doesnt seem fair X:

I love Warrior to death but holy ***between Double attack, Retaliation, Agressor, Warriors Charge and everything else it has ***... How do you expect a DRK to even try to keep up? lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-20 06:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR set bonus is ODD on rounds where DA procs rather than additional DA, though at an extremely low rate. Seems to be the theme for several of the set bonuses (x2 kicks for MNK, 50/75/100% more damage for SMN on BB procs, up to 2x damage on DRK, x2 damage with Samba up for DNC, etc), shittastic procrate included.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 06:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Another job getting it as personal JT, that is the only thing i would complain about really.
I understand your point, all I'm trying to say is that DRK's power shouldn't be balanced out by replicating other jobs, that's all.

Btw, isn't WAR's AF3 great? XD I can't wait to get back on game and build that set up lol
You can cap Haste while wearing all 3 pieces of AF3. Timarli body, hands, blitz ring, bullwhip belt af3 legs and feet +2 and voila'..

Edit: I honestly believe SE should check these online forums for some inspiration and to actually learn how their game works, because each time they come out with an upfate it seems they overlook evident stuff.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 06:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Another job getting it as personal JT, that is the only thing i would complain about really.
I understand your point, all I'm trying to say is that DRK's power shouldn't be balanced out by replicating other jobs, that's all.

Btw, isn't WAR's AF3 great? XD I can't wait to get back on game and build that set up lol
You can cap Haste while wearing all 3 pieces of AF3. Timarli body, hands, blitz ring, bullwhip belt af3 legs and feet +2 and voila'..

Well then! I take offense to warrior having an attack bonus! >:D

Attack bonus belongs to DRK!

I think that will help you see my point more :3

Edit:

Ya WAR AF3 is hot I got feet finally tonight... gold chests just wouldnt put out forever, can finally cap haste on WAR >:3
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 06:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Well then! I take offense to warrior having an attack bonus! >:D

Attack bonus belongs to DRK!

I think that will help you see my point more :3

Edit:

Ya WAR AF3 is hot I got feet finally tonight... gold chests just wouldnt put out forever, can finally cap haste on WAR >:3

haha! Ok ok! (Edit: Still, DRK gets 4 more Atk bonus traits whereas WAR only gets 1 DA trait! ;P)

Congrats on your feet!
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-20 06:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty ty! :D
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-20 07:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack Bonus is a joke compared to DA though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 07:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Attack Bonus is a joke compared to DA though.
if only the attack bonus gave a significant +attack of like +25~50 per trait xD
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 08:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That would still not be comparable to the benefits from DA.

DRK should get a JT that works like the ODD effect from AF3 set, only with a much higher proc rate. That would be pretty nice
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-20 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Detzu said:

I saw some sets with accuracy -20 or else, you can't do heavy dmg with such a lack of accuracy.
Razed ruins and furtherance abyssites say sup.
Also, if DRK gets a critical WS that isn't rampage, E.Body will be outdated.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2010-11-21 03:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Attack really?!?

Stop being lame it's all about Triple Attack!!!

Algol GOOOOOOOOOO!!!