First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-11 20:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
LolDynamis blood tanking is often the best combination.
/RDM situations - no shadows.
Etc
PLD in Dynamis? Huh?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-11 20:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Blood tanking is generally inefficient. PDT gear is great to swap to when your shadows (or third eye etc.) are down, and recast timers are not up yet. Once timers are back up, you recast shadows, and switch back to your TP set. Burtgang is bad compared to other alternatives, specially when you take into account the cost/time investment etc. The extra PDT on Burtgang would only be relevant if it's the difference between survival and death. (It's not) In short: Killing faster is preferable. (you don't kill faster with Burtgang)

The cost/time is irrelevant for what im saying - its for CAPPING the job, the FINAL things you do for it.

LolDynamis blood tanking is often the best combination.
/RDM situations - no shadows.
Etc

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Also, heads up: PLD can achieve ~40% PDT without the weapon slot... which makes most of Burtgang's additional PDT over Shamshir far less valuable.

I am aware, but the extra PDT on burt would open slots for extra haste etc.

You're still not killing faster with Burtgang.

Staying alive and killing faster is more efficient.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-11 20:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you can cast blink /RDM so I dunno what the *** you talking about.

Shows how little you know about this game~
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-11 20:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Also you can cast blink /RDM so I dunno what the *** you talking about.

Shows how little you know about this game~

:P
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-11 20:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trolling, I'm openly mocking~
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 20:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
LolDynamis blood tanking is often the best combination. /RDM situations - no shadows. Etc
PLD in Dynamis? Huh?

Is still used a fair amount. Was just an example anyway.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
seiri said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Blood tanking is generally inefficient. PDT gear is great to swap to when your shadows (or third eye etc.) are down, and recast timers are not up yet. Once timers are back up, you recast shadows, and switch back to your TP set. Burtgang is bad compared to other alternatives, specially when you take into account the cost/time investment etc. The extra PDT on Burtgang would only be relevant if it's the difference between survival and death. (It's not) In short: Killing faster is preferable. (you don't kill faster with Burtgang)
The cost/time is irrelevant for what im saying - its for CAPPING the job, the FINAL things you do for it. LolDynamis blood tanking is often the best combination. /RDM situations - no shadows. Etc
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Also, heads up: PLD can achieve ~40% PDT without the weapon slot... which makes most of Burtgang's additional PDT over Shamshir far less valuable.
I am aware, but the extra PDT on burt would open slots for extra haste etc.
You're still not killing faster with Burtgang. Staying alive and killing faster is more efficient.

I have already said that excal > burt when in situations where the PLDs dmg is important rather than the PLDs survivability.

Fenrir.Snick said:
Also you can cast blink /RDM so I dunno what the *** you talking about. Shows how little you know about this game~

I'm sorry..what? A 10 sec cast spell that can RANDOMLY absorb 2 hits cant be compared to utsu.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 20:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
seiri said:
SAM/DRK/MNK cant tank higher end NMs like higher tier ZNM, higher tier VNM, mobs where DoT from the pld is irrelevent but survival and mp conservation is key.
I have read this five times now and this still makes no sense to me.

My bad.
A DRK, MNK or SAM wouldnt be tanking mobs such as T4 VNMs, T4+ ZNMs and others of the like. On such mobs, a PLDs DoT importance falls short compared to survivability and ability to put as little strain on the healers as possible, thus -PDT is useful for these situations - and these are basically all a PLD is needed for outside of abyssea these days.

where do they dig these people up
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-11 20:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
LolDynamis blood tanking is often the best combination. /RDM situations - no shadows. Etc
PLD in Dynamis? Huh?

100% serious question.

Who the *** uses PLD in Dynamis?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-11 20:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
seiri said:
SAM/DRK/MNK cant tank higher end NMs like higher tier ZNM, higher tier VNM, mobs where DoT from the pld is irrelevent but survival and mp conservation is key.

My bad.
A DRK, MNK or SAM wouldnt be tanking mobs such as T4 VNMs, T4+ ZNMs and others of the like. On such mobs, a PLDs DoT importance falls short compared to survivability and ability to put as little strain on the healers as possible, thus -PDT is useful for these situations - and these are basically all a PLD is needed for outside of abyssea these days.

your mom
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 20:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
seiri said:

My bad.

your mom

*sob*
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-11 20:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hart <3
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 20:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
PLD in Dynamis? Huh?
100% serious question. Who the *** uses PLD in Dynamis?

Outlands, Dreamlands, and its still fairly common over here on siren. PLD tanks in dyna just help the smoothness of runs, even though other jobs can tank it, PLD is about the most healer friendly tank.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-11 20:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy mages don't make PLD better.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 20:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
PLD in Dynamis? Huh?
100% serious question. Who the *** uses PLD in Dynamis?

Outlands, Dreamlands, and its still fairly common over here on siren. PLD tanks in dyna just help the smoothness of runs, even though other jobs can tank it, PLD is about the most healer friendly tank.

would your dyna ls sponsor my burtgang for my -pdt bloodtank build
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-11 20:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:

I have already said that excal > burt when in situations where the PLDs dmg is important rather than the PLDs survivability.

We have already said that you can do more damage/kill faster, and still survive without Burtgang.

The extra PDT on Burtgang is not the difference between survival and death.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-11 21:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
PLD in Dynamis? Huh?

100% serious question.

Who the *** uses PLD in Dynamis?

I don't, we go in with an alliance of WHM and hexa strike mobs faces off
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 21:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
seiri said:

We have already said that you can do more damage/kill faster, and still survive without Burtgang.

The extra PDT on Burtgang is not the difference between survival and death.

one percent is serious bro

do not mock my choice of mythics

also can someone help me get mbody
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-11 21:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're bringing a DNC to Dynamis, anything can tank it and do a better job killing ***faster. Who cares how much damage they take, seriously.

Also: See MNK.
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 21:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
seiri said:
We have already said that you can do more damage/kill faster, and still survive without Burtgang. The extra PDT on Burtgang is not the difference between survival and death.

When DD isnt the issue, and ensuring that you take as little dmg as possible, burt beats excal. That is my only point from the start. Capping hate on single mobs or keeping hate on chaf mobs is no issue to a PLD with any skill.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 21:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
seiri said:
We have already said that you can do more damage/kill faster, and still survive without Burtgang. The extra PDT on Burtgang is not the difference between survival and death.

When DD isnt the issue, and ensuring that you take as little dmg as possible, burt beats excal. That is my only point from the start. Capping hate on single mobs or keeping hate on chaf mobs is no issue to a PLD with any skill.

hey guys what's utsu/stun
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 21:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
If you're bringing a DNC to Dynamis, anything can tank it and do a better job killing ***faster. Who cares how much damage they take, seriously. Also: See MNK.

I actually tank dyna on DNC a lot. Was trying not to argue from my personal LS as we lowman, thus making DNC tank more efficient than a PLD.

Dnc is god anyhow so ya.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 21:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
hart <3

i'm still crying irl :(
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-11 21:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
If you're bringing a DNC to Dynamis, anything can tank it and do a better job killing ***faster. Who cares how much damage they take, seriously. Also: See MNK.

I actually tank dyna on DNC a lot. Was trying not to argue from my personal LS as we lowman, thus making DNC tank more efficient than a PLD.

Dnc is god anyhow so ya.

MNK MNK MNK DNC COR BRD RDM BLM can pretty much do anything in Dynamis, aside from Dynamis Lord (they might be able to but I couldn't guarantee their win-rate). This includes Dreamlands, etc. :/ I don't see a PLD anywhere in that, and the DNC in that setup isn't tank--the MNKs are. Obviously could throw in another RDM or WHM for safeties but there shouldn't really be a need anyway.
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 21:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
I actually tank dyna on DNC a lot. Was trying not to argue from my personal LS as we lowman, thus making DNC tank more efficient than a PLD. Dnc is god anyhow so ya.
MNK MNK MNK DNC COR BRD RDM BLM can pretty much do anything in Dynamis, aside from Dynamis Lord. This includes Dreamlands, etc. :/ I don't see a PLD anywhere in that, and the DNC in that setup isn't tank--the MNKs are. Obviously could throw in another RDM or WHM for safeties but there shouldn't really be a need anyway.

It comes down to preference. A lot of setups can rape dyna nowadays, and always have been able to tbh. In most circumstances there is no 'right' or 'wrong', as many many combinations of jobs/players can achieve the same or similar result.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-11 21:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why you'd 'prefer' to take an inferior job. :x
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 21:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
In most circumstances there is no 'right' or 'wrong'

never have truer words been spoken

that's why we roll in with an alliance of naked bards
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 21:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

leave him alone brah it's his 1295
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-11 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
seiri said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
seiri said:

hey guys what's utsu/stun

A disgrace to the awesomeness that is blood tanking. Don't use them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-11 21:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

leave him alone brah it's his 1295

; -; b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but