Thoughts On 2012 (I Want Your Opinions)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thoughts on 2012 (I want your opinions)
Thoughts on 2012 (I want your opinions)
By Lynxblade 2010-11-11 07:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Nothing is going to happen in 2012.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.. Some scientists speculate that 2012 will be the year of the most violent solar maximum we've had in a century or more.. In 1859 there was a solar storm so strong, that the Aurora was visible as far south as Hawaii.. A storm of that magnitude could potentially interrupt everything electronic, and even our electrical grid itself, to such an extreme, just getting the basic stuff back would take months, if not years. Of course that's worse case scenario, but it is still quite possible. As for the doomsday myth, well I did a lot of research into this whole thing, and I feel it's all a misunderstanding. From what I've read, the Mayans gave certain periods, overall predictions of what to expect, the period beginning in 2012 is often mis-interpreted as "the end", when in reality, the forecast if you will, was "great change", which could encompass nearly everything imaginable.. It could be the end of the world, or the end of the world as we know it. We could destroy ourselves, or we could make some hugely profound discovery that leads us to re-evaluate everything we know on a fundamental level, and thus, make a great (big) change..

Some scientist say ALOT of BS!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-11 07:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but regardless, 2012 will be solar maximum, and you can't discount the possibility of it being one of the worst we've seen in a long time.. Nothing is set in stone, but it isn't just blind speculation, there is corroborating evidence for it being a particularly strong one.. Though I really don't feel like going back to find it and I don't remember how it was they determined this off the top of my head.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-11 08:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oddin, I'm gonna bring back this theory b.c we all have opinions, so this is mine...

Pay no attention to the protagonist, as it is him trying to find a way to fix time.

As you will see, man is in a industrial age, I'm guessing here( not being too critically accurate, I just want to get to my point.)

1900's and onward..: Man is slowly developing new technology as we continue to live, population grows and grows.

At 2:58ish Man putting satelites in space..

At or around 3:06 it shows that Man is now inhabiting the moon..Lunar shuttles go to and from Earth.

At 3:36 in the clip, a Date is issued on Time Sequencer as March 24th, 2030. Right after...Earth seems to be in a Cataclysmic state
the Protagonist escapes and moves onward..

Please just watch and take a look. This was just a prediction as to what the writers and maybe what the producers thought.

Remember, this is just an idea.

Also 2012, do you remember about the 1999-2000 part? All computers would go down, all economy would go down in shambles.. were living in 2010, aren't we?

Nostradameus was just a Profit, A diviner, and also a healer who made Prophecies. He also made almanacs 3 x a year in his time. I won't go into a religious rant here, but its just a predection, doesn't mean it will happen.

To me, just another day that I get to see with my own eyes, before my time ends.

Also.. Isn't Utopia a beautiful place!
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-11-11 08:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
True, but regardless, 2012 will be solar maximum, and you can't discount the possibility of it being one of the worst we've seen in a long time.. Nothing is set in stone, but it isn't just blind speculation, there is corroborating evidence for it being a particularly strong one.. Though I really don't feel like going back to find it and I don't remember how it was they determined this off the top of my head.
world was supposed to end in 2000, were still here
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-11 08:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Slipispsycho, I too read about this Solar stuff, it was like a surge that would shut everything down, and they did this as an experiment with some form of a Tesla Setup and Hydro..( I forget.. can't think of it, saw it on youtube).

What it did though, the car still had power( wipers, stereo, power windows worked, the car just would not turn over)

Some serious ***though. I like to read stuff like this when I get bored. It nourishes the mind.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-11 09:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

On December 12th, 2012, there will be a shocking epiphany. This man will finally turn straight, and the world will blow up in a giant ball of glitter, fairy dust, and colorful streamers.
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-11 09:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yes folks, our saviors will be Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix.
^^ That is awesome!

My ideas on 2012 are that the Mayans are going to come back and hide out among us and secretly watch us scramble for our lives and then on Decmeber 22nd, 2012 they will come out of hiding and say this...

"HA HA!!! We got you!" And laugh hysterically at us for believeing in something that they created on thier own.

On a more serious note, the thoughts of 2012 and the worl dending terrifies me. This thread has made it a bit of a lighter subject =) All the ideas are great!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-11 09:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kresaera said:
Quote:
Yes folks, our saviors will be Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix.

^^ That is awesome!

I don't do the Ganja or smoke, But Yes, It would feel liberating, to sit and drink a bottle or 2 with these 2, and philisophize with these 2 greats!
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2010-11-11 09:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By olyard 2010-11-11 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this labeled under XI ? Anyway, on 2012 we will start seeing the dawn of cybernetic technology increasing. Ghost in the shell universe will be a reality!
Server: Hades
user: Silas1222
By Hades.Boondocksaints 2010-11-11 10:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My Grandfather's birthday is the day Pearl Harbor was attacked
My Father's birthday was 9-11
My Birthday is 12-22

i see a pattern
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-11-11 10:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-11-11 11:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Boondocksaints said:
My Grandfather's birthday is the day Pearl Harbor was attacked My Father's birthday was 9-11 My Birthday is 12-22 i see a pattern

wow... creepy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By jayallday2012 2010-11-11 18:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
Awesome lol.

this is great lol!
By jayallday2012 2010-11-11 18:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
On December 12th, 2012, there will be a shocking epiphany. This man will finally turn straight, and the world will blow up in a giant ball of glitter, fairy dust, and colorful streamers.

ha!
 Caitsith.Ryder
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2010-11-12 03:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing will happen
[+]
 Siren.Verona
Server: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-11-12 05:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What, you mean the olympics? Hoping to go to some events, should be good fun.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-12 08:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I hear about 2012 I get this song in my head:

Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 08:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

2012 just marks a new start, for better and worst but not an apocalypse, says so in the mayan calendar over and over

mayans believed in restart for the better.
By DDestroyer 2010-11-12 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

my thoughts on 2012...we base this off a calander made bye a race of people who where wiped out...when where they wiped out? do we know the calander didnt end because they where wiped out? Too much speculation to say these people predicted the future 2012 is a marketing sceam like Y2K was...worlds gonna end people need to stock up on water caned food ect ***. Only thing happening in 2012 is obama will be voted out of office.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-11-12 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

same ***different day. nothing will change ~.~
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-11-12 11:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

2012 will start on January 1st and end on December 31st.

That's my thoughts on 2012.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-11-12 12:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 Torsion Physics
By Halfpint 2010-11-12 13:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Orson Wells bredicted the end of the world in his book 1984....didn't happpen, i was there..

Then there was a furror about Y2K and how the world was going to come to a stand still because computers did not have a code foe the number 2000 and everything was going to be screwed forever.. didn't happen..was there too.

Unless you have the ability to time travel there is no way to know what will happen tomorrow...much less 2 years into the future.

Do your astronomical research..there is a multiple planetary conjunction in the works. It is supposed to culminate in 2012..because of how the planest affect each other changes are occuring. Not going into scientific detail...go look it up yourself.

long and short...nothing stays the same...adapt and get past it
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope we all die, but I'd prefer it to happen a bit later. I'll take great solace in the knowledge that the world would end with me, and there would be nothing after.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-11-12 13:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I hope we all die, but I'd prefer it to happen a bit later. I'll take great solace in the knowledge that the world would end with me, and there would be nothing after.

I'll like to gun you down before the world ends. (' _ ')\../
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 13:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

If I knew we were going to all die I'd seriously consider making my last day a glorified match of Counter strike.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 13:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

If I knew we were going to all die I'd seriously consider making my last day a glorified match of Counter strike.
Can I join? Are sniper rifles allowed?
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-11-12 13:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd amendment Let's do it!
[+]