Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

hello everyone im a pure blu physical user the reasons are
Solo mobs in abyssea for time and merits, some gil along the way is nice alo ^^
Fast kill especialy with CA + Quad.
So my setup for that is pure str and dex same for atmas. Also my fav blu magic Job traits are fast cast + SC bonus + zashin+ bonus acc
For Merits got Physic pot 5/5 CA 5/5 and assimilation 5/5 Enchainment 4/5 diffusion 1/5
So my question is what about blu nukes? i know firespit does good dmg with right setup but thats it. any new magic spells or old spells that can be good for blu? if so what blu magic job trait would looks like?
I'm asking this because i want to swap between blu physical and magical specially on NMs that are weak to magic or need to be att from a distance
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-03 12:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo/duo'd tunga and the wamoura solely with regurgitation. Firespit costs a lot of mp compared to regurgitation and does about the same damage. I'd say, if you can use regurgitation (mob doesn't resist water) then use it. Of course, if the mob isn't super evasive or doesn't resists physical damage, physical spells are always better. Regurgitation will only give the mob 10% tp as well and accumulates very little enmity compared to multihit physical spells.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2010-11-03 12:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth noting that Corrosive Ooze can put up similar numbers to regurgitation. Although if you find something resistant to water and physical damage, then well you could always try breath builds.

I used to know many blues who took thier magical spell damage builds very seriously, but with the introduction of more beastly physical spells (and the fact that all new magical spells are relatively useless) blue mages now tend to focus on thier physical magic builds.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-03 12:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

At 80 King Behemoth was fun with BLU/RDM. With the rotation of spells, I would still occasionally pull hate(Firespit seems to pull a bunch of hate) and it's definitely not a monster you'd want to spam Disseverment and Quadratic Continuum on simply because of TP Feed. Regurgitation from behind, Firespit, Mind Blast, Acrid Stream and repeat worked wonders. Can Amplification and now Fantod is available as well if your recast timers happen to be down.

As for traits, I'm almost always /rdm so I don't bother with much other than Auto Refresh, Conserve MP, and Dual Wield. which leaves a lot of room for stats that you may want to throw in.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 12:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i do have a setup for regugitation its a nice 1 since doesnt cost alot of mp and recast is preaty fast but still does like 100-400 max dmg when i'm use to see over 1k quad. it seamz so weak and when u siting on 1k mp in abyssea +15mp refresh + potion, some times mp is not a prob
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-03 12:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"seamz" ? Really?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 12:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xylock said:
i do have a setup for regugitation its a nice 1 since doesnt cost alot of mp and recast is preaty fast but still does like 100-400 max dmg when i'm use to see over 1k quad. it seamz so weak and when u siting on 1k mp in abyssea +15mp refresh + potion, some times mp is not a prob
Not much of a setup if you can't break 400 o.0
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 13:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it seems i dont have a good setup lol but when i'm using it all my blu magic job trait are focus on str and dex so some - mnd and -int
for regurgitation i use
hq water staff and + 3 mnd grip
head af1 +1 5int 5mnd
Teal body 6 int 6mnd
hands af2 5 mnd
back prism +4 int +4 mnd
Neck augmented collar with +2 int fast cast +2
waist penitent +5 int +5 mnd
both ring are snow ring augmented +3 mind do 8 int 6mnd
Legs teal +5 int
legs EAF +7 int
ammo phantom +2 int
Earring Novio 7 MAB + 5 mAB
Any suggestion to break 400 ??
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-03 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

teal head. morri body/crimson body. yigit/mahatma hands. Lemegton neck. aquillo or the vnm earring of course. morri legs.

Don't really see how you aren't breaking it already. Are you not setting MAB or using a subjob that has it?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 13:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it seems i dont have a good setup lol but when i'm using it all my blu magic job trait are focus on str and dex so some - mnd and -int
for regurgitation i use
hq water staff and + 3 mnd grip
head af1 +1 5int 5mnd
Teal body 6 int 6mnd
hands af2 5 mnd
back prism +4 int +4 mnd
Neck augmented collar with +2 int fast cast +2
waist penitent +5 int +5 mnd
both ring are snow ring augmented +3 mind do 8 int 6mnd
Legs teal +5 int
legs EAF +7 int
ammo phantom +2 int
Earring Novio 7 MAB + 5 mAB
Any suggestion to break 400 ??
Bugard Strap +1, Teal Chapeau, Errant Cuffs (preferably Yigit), Lemegeton Medallion (+1), set MAB, and what atmas are you using? Even without MAB you should be over 400 with abyssites + atmas :s
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-03 13:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't Atmas only work in Abyssea?

It's good to make a Magical spells build without factoring in atmas, since you can use said builds to solo certain things (Fenrir Prime, for one).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 13:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
teal head. morri body/crimson body. yigit/mahatma hands. Lemegton neck. aquillo or the vnm earring of course. morri legs.

Don't really see how you aren't breaking it already. Are you not setting MAB or using a subjob that has it?
Morri would obviously be better but idk about Wbody, 4 MAB is probably better given how much INT and MND we pack these days.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 13:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Don't Atmas only work in Abyssea?

It's good to make a Magical spells build without factoring in atmas, since you can use said builds to solo certain things (Fenrir Prime, for one).
Should easily break 400 without them outside Abyssea barring MDT/Shell/really high INT, ignore that if you like.

Also, what food?

Could probably solo Fenrir straighttanked these days, my last attempt took four minutes and was a complete joke.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-03 13:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be doing at least 600 with atma, 700+ from behind, and with +1 boots, 700+ with BA. Peiste atma + minikin is good, or baying moon + minikin. Not sure why you can't break 400, maybe check your macro?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-03 13:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well, I wanted to do that fight solo back before the two level cap raises. I'm still only 70 right now and I'll probably attempt it before I hit 80.

Need to get another BLU test. ~.~
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-03 14:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Morri would obviously be better but idk about Wbody, 4 MAB is probably better given how much INT and MND we pack these days.
WE can pack alot of MAB these days too... anyways he clearly isn't packing that much lol. Meant errant too but I tend to think SB build with that
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm alwayz subing nin and always have atma of voracious + stormbird
Because i still need physical spell either when i solo or do event
For morri ppl stoped doing salvage so dont think i ll get any piece soon lol
for food nothing maybe i should work on that but dont know wich 1 is good
i do want to max regugitation or any other but still want to keep good stat for physical spell
thats y can't go full magic atma or blu job trait
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-03 14:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even sub nin you can still set MAB pretty easy. Can set heat breath for the str and just sound blast for 1 more set point for the trait at that point.

As far as atmas any of the other 3 refresh ones would be better. And 2 are just from missions
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 14:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm alwayz subing nin and always have atma of voracious + stormbird
Because i still need physical spell either when i solo or do event
For morri ppl stoped doing salvage so dont think i ll get any piece soon lol
for food nothing maybe i should work on that but dont know wich 1 is good
i do want to max regugitation or any other but still want to keep good stat for physical spell
thats y can't go full magic atma or blu job trait
You do realize you can change your spells and atmas between NMs, right? Starting to get the vibe that you're not setting much in the way of INT/MND bonuses either.

Cream Puffs would be the way to go for INT food.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 14:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

how much MAB its givezs?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 14:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

givezs?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-03 14:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cream puffs give Int and MP.

The trait settable by BLU gives 20 MAB.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 14:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i know but dont have much room left when i do event since im the only blu and setting spells to triger !!!!
i can do it after !!!! is trigered but most of the time the nm is death after changing spells and wait cool down
would be so easy to have macro spell for blu would save some time
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 14:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow 20 is hot maybe that's what i miss
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-03 14:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, you can /RDM or /BLM for the bonus and set other spells.

Though setting it is pretty cheap anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-03 14:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

/RDM isn't always practical (/BLM is straight up terrible now, + ESeal -FC II and Vert compared to /RDM), but that doesn't mean there's any reason not to set yourself up properly...

Also, there's what... 6-7 possible !! trigger BLU spells for any given time the NM is popped at? Cycle through, redo your spell set, do work, ???, profit. And stop fulltiming two atmas, you're giving up a ton of damage (and thus wasting time) by not preparing properly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-03 16:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

switching atama is a good way to boost dmg specially for big NM that take more time to kill i guess
anyway wich 1 should i set and for what spell exept regurgitaion?
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2010-11-04 23:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

for blu nukes, int is better than blu magic skill? you would wear a teal body over af+1?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-04 23:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bodhizapha said:
for blu nukes, int is better than blu magic skill? you would wear a teal body over af+1?
Yes. Only slot where I'd even consider skill is ammo. If your resist rate is high enough that skill would be the better choice in other slots, you need to rethink your approach and/or fix your gear.

switching atama is a good way to boost dmg specially for big NM that take more time to kill i guess
anyway wich 1 should i set and for what spell exept regurgitaion?
Minikin Monstrosity (INT+50 refresh+10 enmity-) and Beyond or Baying Moon (both are 30 MAB + other stats) for INT spells. Clawed Butterfly (INT+30) isn't bad either. If you're in sore need of macc, I'd recommend Impregnable Tower or Heavens (Ovni's, not the Windurst one. Windy's is decent though) as your second atma.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-05 08:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you but 2 bad dont have these atma yet but now at least i know how to boost my magic dmg .time to hunt these atma
First Page 2