Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Fallout Vegas
Fallout Vegas
 Unicorn.Hyshio
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-20 15:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive played it soo far and its impressed me a bit. Thx Nitsuj for the good coding work you put on it for the past like what 5 or 6 months? He missed soo many ingame events because of this game. >.>
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-10-20 15:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as consoles go, I don't understand the commotion about any glitches. They were there in Fallout 3, and they did nothing to lessen my gameplay experience.

Same goes for Fallout: NV.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-20 15:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
I haven't played Fallout 3, but my brother says "I'm missing out."

I'm kind of concerned though. Not to draw parallels, but Oblivion seriously could not hold my interest for ***.

Fallout 3 was infinitely better than Oblivion. While I liked Oblivion and all, it was too Generic, and didn't have the same attention to detail Morrowind had. On the flip side, Fallout 3 had just what Oblivion was missing, and was a much better game in all aspects.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-20 15:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

im going to do what i do with most games

wait until Game Stop has it used for the PS3 and get it for less than a new game that just came out
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2010-10-20 15:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:

I'm kind of concerned though. Not to draw parallels, but Oblivion seriously could not hold my interest for ***.

I'm sorry you didn't like Kotr II.

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
As far as consoles go, I don't understand the commotion about any glitches. They were there in Fallout 3, and they did nothing to lessen my gameplay experience.

Same goes for Fallout: NV.

Very true. Plus many of the bugs are likely corrupted files (PC) or strange hardware issues perhaps, because I know most of the reported issues I've seen did not show up during testing.

Also: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708143/Bethesda-Working-On-Fallout-New-Vegas-Patch.html

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-20 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually prefer to have physical copies of things too?

Until the industry basically started shipping half the product on disk and half the product as a release day patch for the disk. At that point, having a physical disk started to not be as appealing or useful to me. I'm going to be patching for three hours anyway.

Worse, I can lose/break/scratch a physical disk. I can never lose a product I've bought online. It knows I own it and will let me download it as many times as I want forever. (And wherever!) No need to keep the disks around as clutter. And every time I download it, I know that download contains every patch available up to that point.

Plus, digital downloads are usually cheaper because there's no retail markup.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 16:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I actually prefer to have physical copies of things too?

Until the industry basically started shipping half the product on disk and half the product as a release day patch for the disk. At that point, having a physical disk started to not be as appealing or useful to me. I'm going to be patching for three hours anyway.

Worse, I can lose/break/scratch a physical disk. I can never lose a product I've bought online. It knows I own it and will let me download it as many times as I want forever. (And wherever!) No need to keep the disks around as clutter. And every time I download it, I know that download contains every patch available up to that point.

Plus, digital downloads are usually cheaper because there's no retail markup.

Don't forget Pre-loads, If I get a new game I want to play it right at the moment it's available.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-10-20 16:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

im still downloading the iso,
By Zekko 2010-10-20 16:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also downloading it.
But i'm going to be purchasing it for the 360 on Friday so i will be paying for it anyway :3 I just cant hold my excitement in to play it :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 17:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard it had some nasty anti-piracy on /v/.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2010-10-20 18:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First patch for PC just went live, sorry about the delay (xbox/ps3 coming soon).

And all you guys pirating it, *** you. I mean that in the nicest, most professional way possible. <3
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 18:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nitsuj said:
First patch for PC just went live, sorry about the delay (xbox/ps3 coming soon).

And all you guys pirating it, *** you. I mean that in the nicest, most professional way possible. <3

Why all the haterade?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-20 18:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he works for Bethesda? I'd be pissed, too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 18:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Fair enough, Again I heard it's been really difficult to get past the anti-piracy for PC. I know the 360 version has been out for ages but PC is messed up.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-10-20 18:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Fair enough, Again I heard it's been really difficult to get past the anti-piracy for PC. I know the 360 version has been out for ages but PC is messed up.
Works fine for me, no problems what so ever..

BTW, Nitsuj.. *** you too :)

I probably won't end up finishing this game though.. I just can't get into it.. I loved FO3 to death and played it to death.. This is almost exactly like FO3, except with a different story line and a few new features.. so I suspect that's why it's hard for me to get into it (feels like same old ***).
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-11-01 20:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be a lot of complaining.. And it is a bit buggy.. But I am loving new vegas.

I've got two files so far, none of which are completed. I don't want to finish the storyline yet, as I like to explore every nook n cranny.. doing all side quests. I created my second file just so I could do the more evil quests, as I didn't want to dilute my good char <_<

There has only been 3 big dissapointments for me.
1.) There is no entirely GOOD major faction. NCR have so many flaws. Legion is obvious. Mr House is too much of a "Big Picture" kinda guy. Meh. Only really good one is followers of apoc, but you can't exactly do much for 'em.
2.) WHERE ARE THE EVIL COMPANIONS??? WHY CANT I HAVE THE BURNING MAN?? OR AT LEAST 1 FRICKIN GUY WHO LAUGHS IN THE FACE OF SLAVERY & RAPE!!!!! :p
3.) The quest line after vegas pissed me off a bit. Especially with BoS. BoS should have a larger role & I got myself stuck with having to eliminate them, after making friends with them.. Couldn't get the peace treaty -_- I was a saaaad panda.

Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-11-01 20:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:

1.) There is no entirely GOOD major faction.

I kinda like that, actually. It's sort of nice that there's no black and white when it comes to good vs evil cause it doesn't seem like that kind of world. I mean, would you be all about sunshine, lollipops and rainbows if you were in that post apocalyptic wasteland? I sure wouldn't, lol.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-01 20:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If he works for bethesda...

MY C-FINDER STOPPED WORKING!! fix it.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-11-01 20:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the game, and have found no bugs, other than the ones that keep flying around and trying to kill me.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-01 20:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I might get it for Christmas, if all those bugs get worked out (saw a friend play). Have to prioritize Golden Sun and Black Ops though, which are part of my Christmas present funds from mother and father.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-11-01 21:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like New Vegas but I felt the wasteland compared to Fallout 3 seemed smaller and had less things in it. I did like the overall Vegas theme alot. I personally decided to kill Mr.House and take over Vegas with the help of that Yes Man robot Benny had.

NCR seemed alot like the american government, with good notions but had some corruption and flaws.
Legion well can't say I liked their actions.
Mr.House really only seemed to only care about Vegas and not the entire state of nevada.

Also I bought the PC version.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-01 21:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

On a serious note. Ive beat the game twice, not by choice though. The first time i went to the final fight, and beat it. Damn no free roam, guess ill just walk out before the boss and continue doing random ***. But no. Your trapped there forever. No way out, and no save right before that(last one was like 7 hours ago.) so i just restarted. But i definitely love the game. It is a lot like fallout 3, but that isnt a bad thing. The .50 cal is the most hilarious gun ever. knocks ***back like 10 feet. My only 2 qualms are this. 1. If you choose to (read spoiler at the bottom), you cant sell snowglobes to jane, and cant get them out of your inventory at all. 2. MY C-FINDER IS BROKE!! fix it.

Edit: Eagleeyes killed the spoiler anyway.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-01 21:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and i bought Collector's Edition for 360, by far the coolest CE i've seen.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-11-01 21:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what WAS with the little interaction with the Brotherhood of Steel?
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-11-01 21:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Oh and i bought Collector's Edition for 360, by far the coolest CE i've seen.

:< You're missing out on alot of mods with the console version

Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-01 21:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:

The brotherhood actually had a fairly decent questline, after you complete it you become a member and get power armor training
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-11-01 21:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:

The brotherhood actually had a fairly decent questline, after you complete it you become a member and get power armor training

I felt it still wasn't enough.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-11-01 21:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply