Fallout Vegas
First Page 2 3 4
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-10-20 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone playing and what do you think so far? I am having a hard time getting interested.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 13:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Buggy

Oh god what's with the bugs?

Other than that, it just feels like Fallout 3 DLC.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-20 13:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting an 88 on Metacritic, slightly down from the 91 of Fallout 3, but still a damn good score and with only 12 reviewers reporting so far.

Most reviewers are mentioning that it's fairly buggy. Mostly just a repeat of Fallout 3 though, which scored "universal acclaim." I guess if it ain't broke...

I downloaded it last night but won't get a chance to play until after work today. I'm hoping it will serve as placeholder game to occupy me until FF14 becomes playable and/or fun.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 13:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as long as it was anything like Fallout 3 at all it was always going to score highly. Was hoping for some fresh content though. I'll see once I've explored the wastes but I'm not feeling the full retail price was worth it so far.

Diabolos.Mmbacon
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-10-20 13:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats really funny is that was the first thing I noticed within an hour of play ... It really is buggy as hell. I have already had to re-load games from pixel glitching my character so that I couldn't move.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-10-20 13:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started it up. Will report back here in a few hours.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 13:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Whats really funny is that was the first thing I noticed within an hour of play ... It really is buggy as hell. I have already had to re-load games from pixel glitching my character so that I couldn't move.

There's patches coming.

Quote:
Patches are coming. Pete Hines, marketing man at Fallout studio Bethesda Softworks, tells Kotaku that "We are currently working on releasing patches/updates as quickly as possible for Fallout: New Vegas, for all platforms. Announcements regarding the patches are forthcoming." He advises anyone seeing this head-turning bug to re-verify their files on Steam, as the issue is due to a "corrupt mesh file." Also notable: The head-turning bug here was highlighted two days ago in a blog post by one of the game's producers, who identified it as a known bug that was "eradicated" prior to the game's official release.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-20 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's way better than Fallout 3, but much less "Revolutionary" so the "Wow" Factor is not there, as it was Fallout 3.

However, if you loved Fallout 3, absolutely pick this up. If you loved the Original Fallout games, pick it up too, and turn on "Hardcore" Mode.

The game is still fraught with bugs, glitches, horrible character models and borderline-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE AI. Still, the thrill of exploring the Wasteland, the weapon mod system, Hardcore mode, and the overall Lighter tone (Much more emphasis on the pitch-black humor the original Fallout games were known for, instead of the depressing Bethesda Fallout interpretation) make this worthy of any RPG fan's collection.

It's quite a bit better on the PC than it is on the Consoles, still, both versions are better than 90% of the games out right now, and a bug-fix patch is coming out soon for most of the worst bugs.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-20 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably wont play it because Fallout 3 was such a let down.

Edit: Because the above 'Review' I actually might try it out once they fix all the bugs.
 Asura.Citag
Server: Asura
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2010-10-20 13:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying it so far. I really like starting out better than fallout3. I really havnt done much story wise though, I'm just running around killing geckos cause I think they are cute, and I like the way the grab their heads when I shoot them.

Im terrified of praying matnis' so, yeah I dont know if I can get near that school house.
By Zekko 2010-10-20 13:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I downloaded it last night

Illegal download?!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 13:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of the few games I've actually bought for full retail in a long time.
By Zekko 2010-10-20 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i have to wait til Friday to buy it, i hate the UK
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-20 13:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Illegal download?!
Steam?
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-20 13:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Illegal download?!

Probably steam, because he's a do-goody-goody.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-20 14:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Also i have to wait til Friday to buy it, i hate the UK

Lol I got an american friend to gift it.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-20 14:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Zekko said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Illegal download?!
Steam?
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Zekko said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Illegal download?!

Probably steam, because he's a do-goody-goody.

I called it :P
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-20 14:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Legally downloaded game sales actually surpassed physical retail sales for the first time a few weeks ago.

Retail game sales are doomed. They just don't realize it yet.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-20 14:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Legally downloaded game sales actually surpassed physical retail sales for the first time a few weeks ago.

I like having an actual disc just in case I need to reinstall or something. Always faster to install from a disc.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-10-20 14:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got it last night, barely was able to make my char and get outta the docs house before it was time for bed, fixing to start it up now and see if I can get into it.
By Zekko 2010-10-20 14:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Zekko said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Illegal download?!
Steam?

Meh, i prefer playing games on a console, even though i have steam and a £1200 PC -.-
 Diabolos.Daddyx
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2010-10-20 14:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing on PS3. When the game froze about 3 hours in, it was endearing.. I love Fallout, I didn't even complain.. I just reloaded and kept playing. But when I was nearing completion of http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Town_Firefight an essential NPC (Sunny Smiles) keeps glitching through the door of the gas station dead. I'm supposed to meet up with her to do the next stage of the quest, so.. yeah.

It's infuriating that they have glitches like this in the storyline. It was worth my $80 to get the collector's edition from them, but not worth their time to properly test the damn thing? I would have rather waited an extra month or three for a playable version. It's not like they didn't have a template to go off of, it's just a re-skinned version of the last one, mechanics-wise.

All in all, I'll still play it, and most likely still love it. But sheesh. All the kids will eat it up if it's packaged properly.
 Valefor.Xiga
Server: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-10-20 14:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely love Fallout 3. It offers such an intense gameplay, sick and sometimes perverted characters, a ***-up universe full of madness, a spit on politics and religion, an ironic look on mass-psychology and the natural being of humanity when there are no longer any laws. There are vampires, aliens, punks, maniacs, slavery, atomic bombs, an orbital laser and much much more. One of my alltime favs. While SE offered emo-***like FF XIII, full of pseudo-dramatic nonsense and a shitload of annoying characters, Bethesda did it right. An intelligent and crucial masterpiece, well deserved the title "Game Of The Year". Can't wait to play New Vegas.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-20 14:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

This always worried me in the past, because I being the strange person I am, prefer to have physical copies of whatever music/movies/games/books, etc. For some reason there's just something nostalgic or comfortable about having the actual represented product in your hands, and something to show for whatever amount of money you spent on it.

Similar to the fashion of preferring to read a newspaper over going to cnn.com. My question is, why didn't this take off so quickly in the past with services like Onlive?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-20 14:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't finished 3 yet. Almost anything made by Bethesda is a gem. I won't be picking this up until I finish 3 and all the add ons I bought, but for sure Its on my list.
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-10-20 14:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

just remember folks, all glitches are obsidions fault, not bethesda. shouldnt be too surprising after KOTOR 2 (ok thats a lie, thats lucas's fault for pushing too early release date, just like se with 14 XD)
 Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-10-20 14:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You would wish the ability of patching games online wouldn't exist so they would actually make more effort of them being bug free instead of relying so heavily on this. This game has ground breaking bugs.
[+]
 Diabolos.Daddyx
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2010-10-20 14:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They're really not offering much incentive for people to not just wait and buy the game used later when all the bugs are patched and/or wait for the GOTY edition to come out.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-20 14:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Belmonth said:
You would wish the ability of patching games online wouldn't exist so they would actually make more effort of them being bug free instead of relying so heavily on this. This game has ground breaking bugs.

Yes, sadly the sooner a game is released, the sooner the profits are generated. The tolerance for bugs, since a majority of gamers have internet connections available, has increased by a factor of literally over 9000.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4