First Page 2
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 14:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, So, I've been out of touch with the game for quite awhile, and out of touch with my DRK even longer, yesterday, I got a Plaga Scythe to hold me over for awhile, but oddly, I do more dmg with GS than I do Scythe; I'm going to try to work my way to a Caladbolg, but ATM I'm WAY behind, are there any 75+ GSs I can get fairly easily or should I invest in a Bahadur? ATM, I use... a Balmung, and I'm in desperate need of an upgrade.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-18 14:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You should not be doing more damage with a GS unless it's endgame high def mobs... what scythe weapon skills are you using? Sounds like a typical multihit without enough accuracy.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 14:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You should not be doing more damage with a GS unless it's endgame high def mobs... what scythe weapon skills are you using? Sounds like a typical multihit without enough accuracy.

Was using Guillotine but did more with Cross Reaper.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-18 14:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
This
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Cross Reaper?? what is a Cross Reaper?

WTH mob were you fighting?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-18 14:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross Reaper can actually be very good with the right gear. AKA not my gear >.>
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-18 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:

/SAM?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 14:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
This
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Cross Reaper?? what is a Cross Reaper? WTH mob were you fighting?

Shadow Lizards, I was 75 -> 76. Spiral hell sucks unless full-buffed, 300% and SA/TA'd, Guillotine doesn't fully connect, even though I'm accurate on melee hits and Cross Reaper was the only thing I could use. I swapped to GS once Scythe capped, to cap it and I did more WS damage with a Balmung. I may be scatter-brained, but I know enough to know that a Molione's Sickle (with ring) should out-dmg a Balmung. I'll put together my current gear sets and post them, in a sec.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 14:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
/SAM?

And I was /SAM, yeah.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-18 14:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
/SAM?
-.- You know my feelings on that.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-18 14:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
/SAM?
-.- You know my feelings on that.

Why do you think I said it?

/Canadian Trollface
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-18 14:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we see gear sets? Merits? Food? It's definitely due to your hits not connecting, or your attack is quite low in comparison to the mob's defense. Some data on it would be nice, rather than "GS better than Scythe on x mob!"
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 15:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear sets are...

TP set:

WS set:

At 75, I ended up quitting end-game and started leveling lower jobs and messing around, so I have very few merits, I do have 1 Diabolic Eye, 1 Desperate Blows, and 1 Scythe augmentation. I had more but quit DRK for WAR and.. well, removed a couple.

EDIT: My Scythe has changed from that night, but I doubt adding 11 dmg will change my scythe problem.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-10-18 15:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have time on you hands go for Kalavejs +1 Trial GS, whichever route you will end up doing it will be a "Great" Great sword, whether it be sTP or WS DMG+10%. I am after the WS dmg+10%. Plaga scythe was good when it first came out, but now other trial Scythes beat it, mainly the STR path, or even Dex path if you want/need the acc to modify your gear around.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 15:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're interested in a decent GS, I recommend working on the magian OAT GS, or the Kalavejs+1 GS. The StoreTP Kalavejs+1 GS will be better than the WS dmg+ GS, if you can 6hit the StoreTP GS.

There is a recent thread about that GS in the drk forums here. You can look at that if you're interested. It is possible to 6hit that GS with 456 delay, though it requires some very specific gear. Nevertheless, it is likely that a Kalavejs+2 will come out in the next update with more storeTP...allowing for an easier 6hit with that 456 delay GS.

Scythe wasn't asked in this thread, but I do also recommend working on the magian Reckoning +1 scythe. You can make a fairly easier 5hit build with it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 15:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
If you're interested in a decent GS, I recommend working on the magian OAT GS, or the Kalavejs+1 GS. The StoreTP Kalavejs+1 GS will be better than the WS dmg+ GS, if you can 6hit the StoreTP GS. There is a recent thread about that GS in the drk forums here. You can look at that if you're interested. It is possible to 6hit that GS with 456 delay, though it requires some very specific gear. Nevertheless, it is likely that a Kalavejs+2 will come out in the next update with more storeTP...allowing for an easier 6hit with that 456 delay GS. Scythe wasn't asked in this thread, but I do also recommend working on the magian Reckoning +1 scythe. You can make a fairly easier 5hit build with it.

Well, I AM only on my second GS trial, trying for Caladbolg, Would it be worth trying for a Redemption, or is Reckoning +1 still gonna beat it?

EDIT: The Kalavejs +1 "WS Dmg +10%" doesn't look too bad.. And I could still fool around with my other trial till 80.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-18 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Espatful +1 (Torcleaver) and whatever the OAT's *** up name is, are the only competitive weapons with any decent Guillotine builds, if you're hell bent on using a great sword.

Guillotine has very low WSC mods, so focus on accuracy totally. Don't even sub out acc rings, cause it sounds like you're connecting 3/4 on a good day, so instead of choosing a generally inferior option, try your best to make guillotine work.

Accuracy (To cap, and not a point lower) -> ATK/STR with a very slight preference given to STR if dealing on a 1:1 ratio.

For example, if dealing with a +5 ATK ring, or +5 STR ring, go STR. But if dealing with a +15ATK belt and a +5 STR belt, go ATK.

Phoenix.Kojo said:

Well, I AM only on my second GS trial, trying for Caladbolg, Would it be worth trying for a Redemption, or is Reckoning +1 still gonna beat it?

Now, this is a leap of faith, I'll know soon, because a personal friend is 30/30 on Birth coins, just doing scythe trials, but from every other Empyrean weapon skill, you can bet your *** that Redemption and Penitence +1 6-hit will absolutely annihilate a 5 hit reckoning build. At the very least, a 6-hit Torcleaver Build absolutely does, so it's not a huge leap of faith.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Emperean weapons do seem to be turning out to be pretty good. Specially the WSs they come with. I figured you probably didn't have the means to finish/work on those at the moment since you even mentioned that you quit endgame etc.

I mentioned the StoreTP magian Scythe and GS because they are pretty good (allowing you to get a lower x-hit) and they are also not particularly hard to make. You can check the trials on wiki, it's just doing lots of WS, no day/weather conditions. They may be time consuming,but not hard to make. Don't need a really dedicated endgame LS to complete, and are really good weapons.

As for your gear sets, they definitely need improvements...however, I need to go somewhere now, so I'll let someone else take on that for now.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 15:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Espatful +1 (Torcleaver) and whatever the OAT's *** up name is, are the only competitive weapons with any decent Guillotine builds, if you're hell bent on using a great sword. Guillotine has very low WSC mods, so focus on accuracy totally. Don't even sub out acc rings, cause it sounds like you're connecting 3/4 on a good day, so instead of choosing a generally inferior option, try your best to make guillotine work. Accuracy (To cap, and not a point lower) -> ATK/STR with a very slight preference given to STR if dealing on a 1:1 ratio. For example, if dealing with a +5 ATK ring, or +5 STR ring, go STR. But if dealing with a +15ATK belt and a +5 STR belt, go ATK.

GS isn't something I'm bent on using, I like the skill being there just in case.

So, basically if I have a +ATK and +STR ring of the same value, always go STR unless I have a large amount of ATK elsewhere?

IIRC, 2 STR = 1 Attack, though I could be wrong or backwards.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 15:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Well Emperean weapons do seem to be turning out to be pretty good. Specially the WSs they come with. I figured you probably didn't have the means to finish/work on those at the moment since you even mentioned that you quit endgame etc. I mentioned the StoreTP magian Scythe and GS because they are pretty good (allowing you to get a lower x-hit) and they are also not particularly hard to make. You can check the trials on wiki, it's just doing lots of WS, no day/weather conditions. They may be time consuming,but not hard to make. Don't need a really dedicated endgame LS to complete, and are really good weapons. As for your gear sets, they definitely need improvements...however, I need to go somewhere now, so I'll let someone else take on that for now.

Thx for the advice, and Yeah, I'm severly behind the times. The Kalavejs +1 (WS Dmg) looks nice, for a GS, I may have to look into that.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 15:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Supposedly the emyprean gs is much much better than the scythe and ragnarok is just silly good with the right atmas
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-18 15:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Espatful +1 (Torcleaver) and whatever the OAT's *** up name is, are the only competitive weapons with any decent Guillotine builds, if you're hell bent on using a great sword. Guillotine has very low WSC mods, so focus on accuracy totally. Don't even sub out acc rings, cause it sounds like you're connecting 3/4 on a good day, so instead of choosing a generally inferior option, try your best to make guillotine work. Accuracy (To cap, and not a point lower) -> ATK/STR with a very slight preference given to STR if dealing on a 1:1 ratio. For example, if dealing with a +5 ATK ring, or +5 STR ring, go STR. But if dealing with a +15ATK belt and a +5 STR belt, go ATK.

GS isn't something I'm bent on using, I like the skill being there just in case.

So, basically if I have a +ATK and +STR ring of the same value, always go STR unless I have a large amount of ATK elsewhere?

IIRC, 2 STR = 1 Attack, though I could be wrong or backwards.
2 STR = 1 attack, but due to WS modifiers, 1 STR > 1 Attack for weaponskills.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 15:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
GS isn't something I'm bent on using, I like the skill being there just in case. So, basically if I have a +ATK and +STR ring of the same value, always go STR unless I have a large amount of ATK elsewhere? IIRC, 2 STR = 1 Attack, though I could be wrong or backwards.
2 STR = 1 attack, but due to WS modifiers, 1 STR > 1 Attack for weaponskills.

Oh, I see what he meant. Thx.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 15:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also spinning slash doesn't need as much attack since it's attack is modded anyways sorta
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-18 15:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Supposedly the emyprean gs is much much better than the scythe and ragnarok is just silly good with the right atmas

lets talk about unattainable gear for 95% of people
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 15:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
lets talk about unattainable gear for 95% of people
The WoE versions are pretty easy to obtain
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2010-10-18 15:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working towards Espatful +1, torcleaver looks nice but only seen the 1 parse so far. I'm half way through lamprey lord and 2/30 coins..

On the subject could anyone help getting a SS of the Espatful, i cant seem to find it on altanaviewer or anywhere. I also sent a PM to ichrius on odin who i know has one but no reply yet :(

Edit: i wish more ppl did WoE! lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-18 15:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Vidian said:
I'm currently working towards Espatful +1, torcleaver looks nice but only seen the 1 parse so far. I'm half way through lamprey lord and 2/30 coins..

On the subject could anyone help getting a SS of the Espatful, i cant seem to find it on altanaviewer or anywhere. I also sent a PM to ichrius on odin who i know has one but no reply yet :(

Edit: i wish more ppl did WoE! lol

zweihander
espafut +1

...There ya go.
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2010-10-18 16:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any ingame SS? =P
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Vidian said:
Any ingame SS? =P

Same .dat as Zweihander/+1, Mercurial Sword, that Garrison 75 GS, and Martial Sword
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2010-10-18 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok thx dude
First Page 2