Good great sword for DRK
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be better to replace my Ruby rings with ACC rings, unless I'm using GS?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-18 16:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Torcleaver is broken also
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Gear sets are...

TP set:

WS set:

At 75, I ended up quitting end-game and started leveling lower jobs and messing around, so I have very few merits, I do have 1 Diabolic Eye, 1 Desperate Blows, and 1 Scythe augmentation. I had more but quit DRK for WAR and.. well, removed a couple.

EDIT: My Scythe has changed from that night, but I doubt adding 11 dmg will change my scythe problem.

the main prob is your gear blows not trolling its just true.

a few fixes for WS would be to Get a life belt(Of vit belt), Black Cuisses(they are cheep now and thats alot of ATT over the ones you use) and perle hat for WS(also black sollerets would be nice too because your hitting a attack problem more than anything)

Eat Mara pizza

for TP get 78 and start rocking the perle set and slap on a Pole grip until you get rajas than hit up Sword strap

for trialed weapons read up they said it nicely also my WS sets are posted and my gear isnt much diff than yours
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Server: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-10-18 16:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Id say your SS is better then your guillotine cause with the WS set you listed, it dose not look good at all for guily. Needs more acc really. Also consider most mobs in abyssea that ppl xp on alot are vt to 85.

20acc + 13dex - 5dex(pallas) = 8dex x .75 = 6 >Total 26acc
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 16:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I macro in Ohat and Life Belt over Wyvern and Warwolf for Guillotine?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-18 16:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Should I macro in Ohat and Life Belt over Wyvern and Warwolf for Guillotine?
for your exact set Yes
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And Black Sollerets over Hecatomb?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-18 16:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

id say for you yes that the 8 att > 3 str
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-18 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For most abyssea mobs there DEF is about 390-420 so having twice that in ATT is good :x
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 16:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
id say for you yes that the 8 att > 3 str

Well, only pair on AH is being price-hiked, but I'll get them soon.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-10-18 16:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For -LV.76 and cheap/not hard to get- i would go with some then like this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-18 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 greatsword
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 17:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Gear sets are...

TP set:

WS set:

Ok, I noticed you recently purchased the Perle set for when you get lv78+, that is good because it will be the way to go for your TP gear set. (at least until you can get stuff like AF3+2 head, and/or dusk gloves+1 for more haste than full Perle)

If you haven't completed CoP yet, I would suggest to try to get some friends to help you out with it, so that you can get it done and get yourself a rajas ring.

Also get a Brutal earring; you can get or buy ancient beast coins for your brutal earring... from people too, if you don't do limbus. You use those coins to purchase a brutal earring from Sagheera in port jeuno, once you get sea access.

Also, for TP...ultimately you will want to have a rajas ring + a blitz ring. (could have a second acc ring instead of the blitz ring if you really needed the extra accuracy, but these days...you really don't, and blitz ring would be better for more haste.)

For now, 2 accuracy rings will do for you...unless you know you're capping accuracy without the rings, in which case it will still be better to go with a blitz ring instead of the STR rings. And of course, use Rajas ring when you can get it.

Fire bomblet is also a good option that you could invest on, unless you know you're capping accuracy with just a bombcore. It's situational.

If you have the moogle add-on, you could work on a Champion's galea and make it a WS helm. Another alternative, for now, could also be perle head for WS, or O-hat if you're really suffering from need for accuracy. (champion's galea or heca head would be better, but not as easily attainable for some people)

I would use other hands for Guillotine as well. Specially since it seems like you aren't landing all your hits. AF+1 hands or Heca hands are good options. Another decent and probably easier alternative, right now for you, would be perle hands for WS.

For WS rings, seeing as you need more accuracy... two accuracy ring will do. Once you get rajas...you can do rajas + an acc ring, or rajas + a STR ring for WS... depending on what you're fighting. (it's good to have multiple guillotine gear sets, one with less accuracy but more attack/str power....for less evasive mobs, and another gear set with more accuracy for more evasive mobs)

Black cuisses are a good choice for WS legs.

Don't use axe grip, use a pole grip. When you get your rajas ring and brutal earring... you can switch to a sword strap. (if you're using that 528 delay weapon for a 6hit build)

I may have forgotten to mention a few things, but there's lots to be said about DRK, in general, and this post is already way too long =/

Also, you may find this StoreTP/grip guide for scythes and GSs helpful.

[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 17:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I have for Guillotine, so far.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

^ I think that will work fine for your current level...considering what you currently have access to.

As mentioned, make upgrades as appropriate when you can.

Oh, also... try to get a sea WS gorget when you can.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 17:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
^ I think that will work fine for your current level...considering what you currently have access to. As mentioned, make upgrades as appropriate when you can. Oh, also... try to get a sea WS gorget when you can.

I can't buy either, due to neither in stock , but should I go for Hecta hands or Black Gadlings? I have the Abj. just never got them. Also, Black Sollerets or Hecta leggings?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-18 17:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You should not be doing more damage with a GS unless it's endgame high def mobs... what scythe weapon skills are you using? Sounds like a typical multihit without enough accuracy.
Was using Guillotine but did more with Cross Reaper.

Something is terribly terribly wrong lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-18 17:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also I'd recommend Black/Onyx cuisses over lolFourth cuisses. And a fire bomblet is a must really helps raise your acc so you can buff other stats in slots you would usually need for acc. Personally I still use Moliones set, mainly because I'm not playing seriously anymore so no need to go for anything more, but even if I was I'd still use it for the +7STR and +5acc hidden effect from the ring, or is it +4 I forget, either way your getting STR and acc on 1 ring slot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 17:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
^ I think that will work fine for your current level...considering what you currently have access to. As mentioned, make upgrades as appropriate when you can. Oh, also... try to get a sea WS gorget when you can.

I can't buy either, due to neither in stock , but should I go for Hecta hands or Black Gadlings? I have the Abj. just never got them. Also, Black Sollerets or Hecta leggings?

Heca hands.

Heca leggings.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-18 17:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Heca hands. Heca leggings.

Gotcha.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-18 18:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
If you're refering to STP in general (Didn't want to read the whole post since I don't play DRK) I recommend FFXI Calculator, I use that for my SAM when messing around with 5/4 hit TP return. You can find it simply by googling FFXI Calculator.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-10-18 18:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, 5-hit is sexy, was done with def. down scythe last update then they brought the +10stp scythe.

TP:

Guily:

Keep eyeing dusk gloves+1, but with next update they might be ***compare to other hands/AF3+2ect.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-18 18:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you consider bale sollerets +1 you can simply forget about Hecatomb Leggings.
And if you wait until December update you could check what DRF AF3 hands look like and decide whether Hecatomb mitts are still worth unlocking, if it would be best to save up for HQs or simply forget about them completely.

HQ cursed armor dropped dramatically in value/price thanks to the updates but might still endup being very good for some jobs, so if you happen to still have the Abj. you could save yourself the trouble of then regreatting wasting it on a NQ.

Plastron armor dropped heavily in price as well so you could make yourself a fair WS set out of the Black cuisses and gadlings and some perle.
If you still notice missing TP from your WS perle brayettes in place of Black cuisses will be ok until you get bale flanchard +1
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-18 19:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
If you're refering to STP in general (Didn't want to read the whole post since I don't play DRK) I recommend FFXI Calculator, I use that for my SAM when messing around with 5/4 hit TP return. You can find it simply by googling FFXI Calculator.

FFXI calculator truly is a useful tool.

However, for determining more efficient X-hit builds, FFXI calculator will not tell you the least amount of STP you need for WS, when you give it a weapon delay and a storeTP amount. For example, if you type in weapon delay: 501, and then add in 23 StoreTP, FFXI calculator will tell you that that's a 6hit build. However, you do not need 23STP for WS, you can go with 22STP for WS. In other words, a true 6hit build (6hit/5hit rebuild) is 23STP for TP and 22STP for WS. (you can find this by hand... if you know how to calculate and add StoreTP based on weapon delay and base TP per hit etc.)

Also, another thing to consider is that sometimes it's good to go with more STP in your TP gear set(when you can afford it), because this way you can WS in even less STP, which frees some slots for better WS pieces.

Granted you can still play around with FFXI Calculator "delay tab" and put in random STP values, but ultimately you do need to do some calculations yourself, If you want to find more efficient X-hit builds.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 19:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i don't think ffxicalc does ranged right.
 Ifrit.Grievus
Server: Ifrit
user: Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-18 20:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With the gear sets you posted on page 1 the simplest thing you can do is watch your tp returns on Guilly. If you know a four hit guilly nets you 19 tp for example you can get a rough gague on how many times you actually hit all four hits. I can guarentee you with that ws set your not hitting 4 hits most of the time while in abyssea or on comparable mobs. Add accuracy until its a 18 or 19 tp-er everytime then stack attack. At this point your guillys should pull ahead of your cross reapers.

Think of it this way: If you only have enough accuracy in your ws set to hit 2ish hits everytime cross reaper wins because of its dmg multiplier. Gotta cap that accuracy.