Drain3?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » drain3?
drain3?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-11 14:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Well if you're going to post all those magic gear sets, Sheelay, besides the ones you already mentioned, there's also:

-Dreadspikes set. (HP, dark skill, and some Fastcast from homam and loquacios etc.)

-Enfeebling magic set. (enfeeb skill/magic acc, and INT etc.)

-Bio set. (Bio set consisting of some magic attack bonus to increase the initial dmg of bio, and...of course, also Dark magic skill for the per tick dmg. At least 291+ dark skill gives the 8/tick BioII, which shouldn't be a problem to achieve.)

drk with full DM merits has 340 base skill now so i sure as hell hope ppl have 291+.....

I'm not sure why you're quoting me, and replying with that statement. I didn't state anywhere that DRKs wouldn't have 291+ dark skill...in fact, I said the opposite.

I merely mentioned it because that's what you need for the 8/tick BioII, and no other "higher tiers" for BioII have been found.

Jar said:

Im actually wondering about how the BIO caps work out at 85 now i have over 365 skill on DRK in full skill gear now would think we got at least 9/tic with that lol

Not necessarily, it depends on how SE implemented BioII.

In other words, BioII could cap at 8/tick, or it could certainly be possible that there is a new tier now, who knows. It definitely needs more testing, which I have not seen...nor do I currently have the time to do such tests myself, unfortunately.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-11 20:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
I still want Absorb-EXP and Absorb-GIL... hell, maybe Absorb-Cruor too now. lol That would be nice.

I lold
By Pawnskipper 2010-10-12 10:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see a drain III. But what I really want is *pulls out his christmas wish list*:

-Abs Speed (Movement speed that is) Good for kiting
-Abs Defence (VIT dont count >=/
-Drainga (lol yeah right)
-Death or Demi or a Spell thats not the normal "take from you and give to me."
-My AF3 equipment to have some damned MP on it
-The Colts to have a running game (how did that get there)
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-10-12 12:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pawnskipper said:
I would like to see a drain III. But what I really want is *pulls out his christmas wish list*:

-Abs Speed (Movement speed that is) Good for kiting
-Abs Defence (VIT dont count >=/
-Drainga (lol yeah right)
-Death or Demi or a Spell thats not the normal "take from you and give to me."
-My AF3 equipment to have some damned MP on it
-The Colts to have a running game (how did that get there)

After reading this entire thread. I have to say that Drain 3 is very unlikely, however, it would be nice to see tier II absorb spells. (Longer Duration, more of said start absorbed).

Demi will probably never be seen. at least if so, not in the way it was in other FFs. perhaps a dark magic based nuke? why not we already have banish. Seeing as they made odin theres no reason to not give Death as a spell, Simply make NMs Immune and give it an insane recast time.

I took a look at drk af just to see if it had MP on it after i read that comment... yes, MP is always needed (and Neglected) for drk.

Didn't SE say something along the lines of wanting drks to use there magic more? Theres plenty of changes they could make. and I hope to see them be good ones. I always liked the idea of a Heavy DD with spells. but could never get into it with drk.

Asura.Magicide
Server: Asura
By Asura.Magicide 2010-10-13 10:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to make an absorb-stat line of spells relevant is to reduce the cast time down to roughly that of Stun.
[+]
 Titan.Xaveron
Server: Titan
user: Xaveron
By Titan.Xaveron 2010-10-23 23:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think drk should get the spell Death or something equivelent to it. I understand that SE wouldnt even consider it at our current lvl of 85, but at lvl 99 it would be sweet. They could make the spell have like a 30 minute delay and only do twice the damage of your HP. Anyway, that would be sweet to me!!!

I also think Drk's should eventually get auto-refresh if SE plans on making Drk more of a nuking job. Granted we have aspir, but it only works on certain mobs.
 Titan.Xaveron
Server: Titan
user: Xaveron
By Titan.Xaveron 2010-10-23 23:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I just read Trangnal's post after I posted mine. Seems like the old proverb "Great minds think alike" is true after all. LMAO

Dark Knight's should have a hard hitting dark magic based nuke in my opinion too and the spell Death would undoubtedly be the most appropriate. I still think the only viable method of implementing it would have to be based on an HP multiplier.

Kudo's :)
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-23 23:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xaveron said:
Lol, I just read Trangnal's post after I posted mine. Seems like the old proverb "Great minds think alike" is true after all. LMAO Dark Knight's should have a hard hitting dark magic based nuke in my opinion too and the spell Death would undoubtedly be the most appropriate. I still think the only viable method of implementing it would have to be based on an HP multiplier. Kudo's :)
Or for things that are immune/resistant, it does damage, like in FFXIII :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-23 23:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I want sleepga. Our enfeebling magic department is lacking.
By Pawnskipper 2010-10-26 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about this, and let me know if its a dumb idea. What if dark got a job trait that grants a bonus to magic and WS dmg when the mob that is currently targeted is 25% or less? I mean, we are finishers.

P.S. And auto refresh would be cool too
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-26 15:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Take away Souleater - add fulltime Last Resort.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-26 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

screw drain 3.. drk should get death or doom .. or maybe rainbow prism power.. idk
 Cerberus.Corphish
Server: Cerberus
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2010-10-26 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think DRK needs a Fell Cleave contender. That Dark Wave move Cecil has at the start of 4 would be cool.