Most Wanted Ffxi Job!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Most wanted ffxi job!
Most wanted ffxi job!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 06:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No rdm + mnk!!! Unless it's on a mob that likes to be perma hundred fist and slow/para isn't landing... though the amount of countering in the time it last knocks ALOT of health off lol
By Bubbly 2010-09-28 06:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
5/5 Convert is standard and as someone with RDM and BLM both 85 I can tell you I find very little use for my BLM. If you need earth m.acc to land Slow on something that isn't resistant to begin with, you're not gearing your Slow2 correctly probably.

Edit: Everything but Poison** before someone remarks. That should be obvious though.

lol5/5ConvertMerits.

If you can't manage your MP that badly, on a job that even has Refresh II, then you sir, are a lamesauce RDM. Good days!
I however am a career RDM, but having 5/5 Convert merits could be very useful if you don't lowman anything on RDM and just use it for Abyssea parties or LS events. Although, if you like to solo and be a badass, Earth/Wind/Ice Magic Acc. ftw! And when you think about it, if you put merits into Earth Magic Acc. then you can pimp the hell out of slow and go pure MND!

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-28 06:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like to solo\duo, you should get 5\5 convert.
More mp -> faster kills.
But I suppose if everything you solo\duo is inside abyssea the atmas will keep your mp up even without it now <_>
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 07:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was damn near non stop nuking today with 2 blms and just the time it took to cast and refresh them enfeeble etc made it take me a good 15 min or more to spend my load. And I only had 13 refresh... god it sounds so funny to say only now when before I would've killed for 5 or 6
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-28 07:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbly said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
5/5 Convert is standard and as someone with RDM and BLM both 85 I can tell you I find very little use for my BLM. If you need earth m.acc to land Slow on something that isn't resistant to begin with, you're not gearing your Slow2 correctly probably.

Edit: Everything but Poison** before someone remarks. That should be obvious though.

lol5/5ConvertMerits.

If you can't manage your MP that badly, on a job that even has Refresh II, then you sir, are a lamesauce RDM. Good days!
I however am a career RDM, but having 5/5 Convert merits could be very useful if you don't lowman anything on RDM and just use it for Abyssea parties or LS events. Although, if you like to solo and be a badass, Earth/Wind/Ice Magic Acc. ftw! And when you think about it, if you put merits into Earth Magic Acc. then you can pimp the hell out of slow and go pure MND!

It's not a question of MP management since refresh atmas came into the picture, it's a question of having MP to fall back on if ***hits the fan and you find yourself spamming high-cost spells (cure4 spamming tanks). I'm sorry your RDM needs accuracy merits to land anything in abyssea, you can cast Slow2 in full potency as is without resist on almost everything in abyssea. Mx'Ghrah (I think that's the one... T2 VNM in coast?) for example has an absolutely devastating AoE that takes my MNK tank into yellow/red everytime depending on if used again before I could finish topping him off (3k HP is a lot to heal with only T3 and T4 cure).
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-28 07:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

OI! Take your magi job talk somewhere else!!!
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-28 07:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

why getting out of the subject -_- the rdm merits thread have been already discussed here
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-28 07:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
why getting out of the subject -_- the rdm merits thread have been already discussed Your text to link here... here
yeah, because the rest of us could give a rat ***nutsac less about RDM and its magic tricks
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 07:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Bubbly said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
5/5 Convert is standard and as someone with RDM and BLM both 85 I can tell you I find very little use for my BLM. If you need earth m.acc to land Slow on something that isn't resistant to begin with, you're not gearing your Slow2 correctly probably. Edit: Everything but Poison** before someone remarks. That should be obvious though.
lol5/5ConvertMerits. If you can't manage your MP that badly, on a job that even has Refresh II, then you sir, are a lamesauce RDM. Good days! I however am a career RDM, but having 5/5 Convert merits could be very useful if you don't lowman anything on RDM and just use it for Abyssea parties or LS events. Although, if you like to solo and be a badass, Earth/Wind/Ice Magic Acc. ftw! And when you think about it, if you put merits into Earth Magic Acc. then you can pimp the hell out of slow and go pure MND!
It's not a question of MP management since refresh atmas came into the picture, it's a question of having MP to fall back on if ***hits the fan and you find yourself spamming high-cost spells (cure4 spamming tanks). I'm sorry your RDM needs accuracy merits to land anything in abyssea, you can cast Slow2 in full potency as is without resist on almost everything in abyssea. Mx'Ghrah (I think that's the one... T2 VNM in coast?) for example has an absolutely devastating AoE that takes my MNK tank into yellow/red everytime depending on if used again before I could finish topping him off (3k HP is a lot to heal with only T3 and T4 cure).
Maybe but are going to say it is so bad that you need to convert more than every 10 min but less than every 7 lol? I seriously doubt that.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 07:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Helixx was the guy who said you should pianissimo CHR songs on yourself as a BRD, and that using a harp lowered the accuracy of buffs -_-
By Bubbly 2010-09-28 07:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
Bubbly said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
5/5 Convert is standard and as someone with RDM and BLM both 85 I can tell you I find very little use for my BLM. If you need earth m.acc to land Slow on something that isn't resistant to begin with, you're not gearing your Slow2 correctly probably. Edit: Everything but Poison** before someone remarks. That should be obvious though.
lol5/5ConvertMerits. If you can't manage your MP that badly, on a job that even has Refresh II, then you sir, are a lamesauce RDM. Good days! I however am a career RDM, but having 5/5 Convert merits could be very useful if you don't lowman anything on RDM and just use it for Abyssea parties or LS events. Although, if you like to solo and be a badass, Earth/Wind/Ice Magic Acc. ftw! And when you think about it, if you put merits into Earth Magic Acc. then you can pimp the hell out of slow and go pure MND!
Maybe but are going to say it is so bad that you need to convert more than every 10 min but less than every 7 lol? I seriously doubt that.

Now that I think of it, they're probably just Elvaan or Galka. D:
It explains everything!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 07:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Helixx was the guy who said you should pianissimo CHR songs on yourself as a BRD, and that using a harp lowered the accuracy of buffs -_-
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-28 07:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
show me this crap!
yes if you need CHR, sing a god damn song but don't make a 10page troll post complaining about CHR cap being so high (lvl75).
and everyone knows wind > string for acc, so no need for pointless accusations

dont get so flionheard about it
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 07:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Flionheart said:
show me this crap!
yes if you need charm, sing a god damn song but don't make a 10page troll post complaining about charm.
and everyone knows wind > string for acc.

FOR BUFFS!
 Bismarck.Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-28 07:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:
Flionheart said:
show me this crap!
yes if you need charm, sing a god damn song but don't make a 10page troll post complaining about charm.

FOR BUFFS!

lowered the accuracy on buffs...? i dont even...
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 07:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:
Flionheart said:
show me this crap!

FOR BUFFS!

lowered the accuracy on buffs...? i dont even...

You said it before, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Also never pianissimo CHR songs on yourself

ever ever ever
 Bismarck.Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-28 07:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

why would anyone pianissimo a single target spell on self? try to dig it up.
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 07:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:

nice post deletion in that thread lol.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-09-28 07:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:

Why would anyone cast it either way.

If you need more CHR... Suck less.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-28 08:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why do people consider BLM a "most wanted" job? Serious question.

because they are very heavily desired by endgame shells and they get party invites quickly

i listed what i perceive to be the most sought after jobs, if i was going for most useful, dnc would have been in there
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 08:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:

Why would anyone cast it either way.

If you need more CHR... Suck less.

That was my original point :)
 Bismarck.Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-28 08:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:

still waiting on evidence.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why do people consider BLM a "most wanted" job? Serious question.

because they are very heavily desired by endgame shells and they get party invites quickly

i listed what i perceive to be the most sought after jobs, if i was going for most useful, dnc would have been in there
this
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 08:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:

still waiting on evidence.

Kinda hard when you deleted your post.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-09-28 08:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of valid points on this thread, but it sure does make WHMs cry. ;_;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-28 09:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM isnt a glass cannon any more, more like a palmetto-lined warship (woot SC civil war reference ftw). We can take sort-of a beating and keep sticking and moving.

But RDM is king of the non-blu mages. End of story. I love my blm, its my main and he's money as ***. But in any and all situations other than sleepgaII and 2K+ single round nukes, RDM wins, hands down.

oh and wanted
RDM
BLU
BRD

with a party of just that, you could own abyssea for hours.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-28 09:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD RDM RDM can cap lights easily/quickly, add a THF and you can do NMs (or have the BRD change to THF o~hoho). I think the answer is rather obvious.

MNK is the most wanted DD though, just putting that out there.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-28 23:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbly said:
career RDM
what the *** is a "career rdm"?
 Leviathan.Yokhai