Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-22 22:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Asura.Nolar said:
Oh, half the posts I've seen about XIV is complaining about how it doesn't let off the same feeling XI did. Just don't understand why people would bother after that point.
Therein lies the problem. :\ It isn't supposed to give off the same vibe that XI did. That would defeat the entire purpose of designing a different play style for the game. The people who complain that it doesn't give off the same vibe are looking at the game the wrong way entirely. Instead of complaining about it, they should just stick to FFXI. :\

+1
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 22:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Nah, I never wasted my time on kings.

Well then I hope it will create some sort of other vibe, one that people will talk about one day. Have fun in your adventures in Eorzea.
So smug. So pompous. So annoying.

Seriously, is that attitude necessary? Let people like what they like. You're allowed to dislike something, just don't act like you're superior for feeling that way.
[+]
 Asura.Nolar
Server: Asura
user: Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 22:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I honestly didn't want it to sound that way, but uh thanks for calling me annoying?
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 22:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it just came off that way since you seem to dislike the game and feel everyone should. I happen to find that attitude annoying. :\
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 22:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, in my previous posts I've been aiming my feelings towards those that dislike the game but still try to play it. I'm not trying to make everyone hate FFXIV. That would be an impossible task. One I don't want to attempt.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 22:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Well, in my previous posts I've been aiming my feelings towards those that dislike the game but still try to play it. I'm not trying to make everyone hate FFXIV. That would be an impossible task. One I don't want to attempt.
Yeah if they dislike it, yet went out and bought it to play it...no sympathy for them from me. :\
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 22:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, they wanted to enjoy it but they really don't but they still try to?
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 22:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You're almost there..
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 22:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Like it or leave it. People are complicated!
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 22:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Like it or leave it. People are complicated!

Agreed.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 22:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it can be hard to let go when your hopes and dreams are smashed against the rocky precipice of reality. Cruel fate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-22 23:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That is oly natural. I this is no difference than the old days of 11, when overcsmping exp spots and overwhelming competition was happening on a daily basys.

Many people know what to do because the open beta, and everyone ant to grind as fast as possible (my guess is that 70% who bought CE are hardcore players).

give it time, go fishing and crafting and take it easy.
i think in a few weeks brobably the "low level" camps will be less populated (hope lol).
Otherwise just get down grinding .
By Alexandre 2010-09-22 23:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowhusky said:
XIV sucks, enjoy your wasted money.

That was necessary. If you don't like FFXIV the stay out of the FFXIV threads. We don't need your unwanted opinion. K thx.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Jadi
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-09-22 23:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
If SE wanted to make XI 2.0, they'd just keep updating XI. c.c

They can't.. well not to the extent that 14 is. Remember 11 is dependent on supporting PS2 customers and there is only so much a PS2 can do.. if you think about it, it's pretty amazing what they have accomplished with 11.

If you look you can see a lot of problems in 11 that SE worked out in 14. For instance, they created in game mules for people called "retainers" that you can use to hold ***and bazaar for you. SE learned a lot from 11 and it shows. Try it for a week, and you'll probably never want to play 11 again. (specially the way 11 is now.. it's all endgame.) The fact that they are putting it on PC first is something else they learned.. you can change PC more than you can a console. So if they have problems before PS3 release they can fix them.

The biggest gripe I have about 14 is the hardware requirements.. (actually the only gripe because the game looks sooo *** wicked..) You need a top of the line gaming system to be at "recommended" specs.. but I guess that will eventually work itself out as systems become cheaper and we will have a nice looking game for a long time.