Forum » FFXIV » General » ffxiv dipression
ffxiv dipression
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-22 18:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My boyfriend did the open beta, I kinda watched and stuff like that cause my computer can't handle the game. Anyway, every time he would shout a question or try to get assistance no one would help at all. Like no one, not even a simple "idk." I don't know if people just wanna hide all the information they find or something but really, it doesn't seem like people are wanting to be very helpful in general. It seems that if you don't go in with friends initially it'll be impossible to find help at all.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

how much xiv cost anyways, 60? thats how much games are going for now days
 Asura.Nolar
Server: Asura
user: Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 19:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you guys are a little pathetic. Forcing yourself to like a time-sink. Sounds like you guys are trying to like this game to escape reality, instead of having fun.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-09-22 19:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Some of you guys are a little pathetic. Forcing yourself to like a time-sink. Sounds like you guys are trying to like this game to escape reality, instead of having fun.

Aren't we all playing an MMO to escape reality really?
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 19:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
how much xiv cost anyways, 60? thats how much games are going for now days

60 for normal, 75 for collectors.

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Asura.Nolar said:

Aren't we all playing an MMO to escape reality really?

no.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

what makes collectors special
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 19:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

you get it 8 days sooner and they get to charge you 15 more dollars.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 19:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

you get it 8 days sooner and they get to charge you 15 more dollars.
so basicly for desperate people?

the sims 3 collectors brought a pen drive :/ damn lol
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-22 19:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well you get a security toekn too, but the ffxi one should work
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 19:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No collectors editions really have a point to them, they're bought... well because people like collecting ***. Like the Journal, map and tumbler. As well as getting a security token that I didn't have due to it being out of stock.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 19:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The game still has sexy Mithras. You should be one, you won't be depressed. ;D
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 19:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowhusky said:
XIV sucks, enjoy your wasted money.

So how about them apples? Can you play, seems like an outlandish claim for someone who probably does not have a pc powerful enough to even play it.

I see what you did right thar..
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 20:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiv sucks in some aspect lol
and i have a ps3 that can play it
when it comes out
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 20:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is different than Xi, this may be a good thing. It is the first day, there was bitching on release of Xi also, I remember it.

Biggest bitching was the pc users complaining about ps2 release day, just like the jp's bitched about na release.

We are going around in circles with the bawwwing and I think it is too early. If it bothers people that much you can play later on, when stuff is out and more stable.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 20:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i am thinking of picking up on it a year after ps3 release.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-22 20:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting a few months. That way I know what fun there is to be had other than just per grind.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 20:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I'm waiting a few months. That way I know what fun there is to be had other than just per grind.

This

Honestly I am starting to like this better than XI. It may even be because I hated the POL management system so much. This seems way easier, and I like the classes.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-22 20:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SE : "Sorry guys, obviously we was not ready to sell ff14, but we needed money cause ff13 sucked too much, so we gonna make like we made a MMo since months, when everyone is agree we was not...but thanks buyin it assap ! We'll finish it...in some years ;o !"
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 20:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
SE : "Sorry guys, obviously we was not ready to sell ff14, but we needed money cause ff13 sucked too much, so we gonna make like we made a MMo since months, when everyone is agree we was not...but thanks buyin it assap ! We'll finish it...in some years ;o !"

It's more complete than XI was at release lol.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 20:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

That may be true, but I remember a certain someone saying that the MMO market is different than it was years ago. ;)
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 20:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:

That may be true, but I remember a certain someone saying that the MMO market is different than it was years ago. ;)

Well that's true, but I think the point I'm getting at is that EVERY mmo isn't released as a completed product. No point singling out XIV as the only one.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 20:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:

Well that's true, but I think the point I'm getting at is that EVERY mmo isn't released as a completed product. No point singling out XIV as the only one.
Yeah, they all start out buggy and rough, but that doesn't change the fact that people will always complain about everything. FFXIV just came out so of course it's going to be the topic of much bitchery.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 20:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:

Yeah, they all start out buggy and rough, but that doesn't change the fact that people will always complain about everything. FFXIV just came out so of course it's going to be the topic of much bitchery.

It'll happen again in march and every time an update comes out lol.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-22 20:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:

ff14 is first one since YEARS (more like decades) goin out with 5 zones and 5 jobs...and shitload of bugs.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 20:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Flionheart said:

It'll happen again in march and every time an update comes out lol.
I think it'd be more meaningful to note when it stops. ;3
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 20:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Time and time again it comes down to the same thing. You like it, or you don't. Plain and simple. Very hard to take someone seriously (yes you people know who you are) when all you do is just click on this here thread, type something along the lines of "It sucks" then disappear. No explanation, no elaboration as to why you think it sucks etc. Who gives a ***if you think its a time sink? Same argument can be made about XI but you don't see everyone crying about that here. I happen to enjoy playing both, which, in turn = fun. So who says I'm not having fun now? You? Most certainly not.

No ones forcing anyone to like a time-sink. If people play it, they probably like it, or else they wouldn't be playing. Whats even more laughable is that you're calling it a time-sink that isn't worth it while you're currently playing one. Every MMO in some respect is a time-sink, so thats not a valid argument to make.

TL:DR
Play it, or don't. Move on.
So *** tired of seeing people blindly bash something without reason for it. And in regards to upcoming "inb4" replies, if you've played it, at least say so before going apeshit on it. That way you don't look like a twit.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-22 20:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

First why we get a ff14 forum on a ff11 website ?...

Oh yeah because ff14 still havnt a AH...

Plz move these threads when he open...one day...lol
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 20:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

First why we get a ff14 forum on a ff11 website ?...

Oh yeah because ff14 still havnt a AH...

Plz move these threads when he open...one day...lol
Because this is a place where people have some common ground? Heaven forbid something other than FFXI be spoken of in here.

Keep firing those lame-*** reasons as to why "XIV sucks." You're still trying to compare two different games, and sadly people STILL don't realize this.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-22 20:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ure the only one seein i said somwhere "it suck"...
I said "he was not ready and far from ready to be sold"...wich is 100% truth.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 20:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ure the only one seein i said somwhere "it suck"...
I said "he was not ready and far from ready to be sold"...wich is 100% truth.
That wasn't a direct quote so much as an overall gist of the sentiment towards it. Sorry, should have clarified.