Who Think's They Have The Best FARM SPOT !!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who think's they have the best FARM SPOT !!!!
Who think's they have the best FARM SPOT !!!!
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Leet
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: beno
By Lakshmi.Leet 2009-02-01 14:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky is my ^^ , spot
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-01 15:07:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

"Hi, I am Leet and I need some farming spot ideas. Anyone willing to share any?"
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 15:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a grinder, I guess it goes back to my days playing Star Wars Galaxies... God I hated that MMO... But I digress... When it comes to farming, I employ the GoT Method or Gil Over Time, a 4-part plan to happiness and riches:

1) Don't descriminate too much, BUT focus on killing every mob that that drops either a) high value items that stack for sale at AH or NPC for atleast 500 gil per. Goblins are especially good for this, and as a bonus they suicide about 50% of the time, saving you the trouble killing all the way to 0.

2) Treasure Chests and Coffers are your friend, popping one gives an immediate and direct impact to your gil/ hr.

3) Understand that it's in your best interest to target EP mobs. You want seals to drop, and really this next point is KEY! KS and BS fights are your moneymaker. Since I have a 75 BLM, I spam manburn-style ODS, PP, UIA and UO. However, all those fights have alternate melee friendly strategies. You know your toon best so use the method that works for you.

4) For the zones I'll mention below there are NM's that a properly geared/ merited 75 DD job can easily kill. Items/Gil Dropped/Gil from Mug is potentially as much a boost to your GoT as a chest or coffer!

Ok... Now that you know how I approach it, my two best spots are 1) the entirety of Onzo & behind the Ornamented door in the SSG.

One last note, if there are any doubters. Till I dinged 75 THF 3 days ago, I was primarily farming as PLD/THF which is why this thread struck a chord with me. Having decent DD gear was a huge help for me as I ground out the gils in Onzo and to a lesser extent in Beadeaux. And according to my own records that I've kept since July 2007, I've made/ spent in excess of 34M Gil! This is 2 years of record keeping people...

Links to wiki are provided so that people can see what mobs are in the zone. Given what I've provided there's no need for me to come out and say which mobs I'm specifically killing. You're all smart and free to make your own inferences.
[+]
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-01 15:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I do!
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-01 22:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith, next time somebody asks you to respond to something to increase their ingame currency by giving them information on where to go to farm, and any RMTs can access it easily, please don't.

You are basically telling RMTs (not calling you one Leet) that: "Hey, here is where all the honest players gather gil from, come exploit it for us please. We just ask you to not do it when I'm doing it, but I won't *** if you deside to farm the entire zone 24/7 so I can't farm on my off periods."

Every honest player who farms in Onzo/Beadeaux/SSG will have to farm somewhere else now, since you just exposed a great secret that can/should only have been realized by doing research and going there to see how hard/what to do there.

So from them, to you: /slap
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 23:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude... like I gave away some great secret? SSG is UBER CAMPED depending on time. Ditto Turtle land and Onzo... But I bet you're all upset because you never knew about those areas and are afraid now others will reap benefits you yourself wished were kept secret.

/wait 5

I don't have to lose my mind here... you don't read. It's like talking to the wall... So for everyone else reading, I posted because:

I saw what I felt was a genuine request for help and I came up with a thorough well-thought out response and it was written in a way so as to lead readers in the right direction BUT leave enough room where people could figure things out for themselves so far as what to hunt/kill... I didn't tell them everything with a DIY step-by-step of kill MOB X,Y,Z at these <pos>... etc...

I'm not even going to flame you my dear whopper, any more heat from meand you'd be insta char... I'll leave it to later posters to pass judgment on you.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-02-01 23:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT already know this stuff.

They are professionals at this.

This isn't 2004 where they needed to pay people to tell them how to do stuff.
[+]
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-01 23:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:
RMT already know this stuff.

They are professionals at this.

This isn't 2004 where they needed to pay people to tell them how to do stuff.

QFT.

I would think that RMT has pretty much figured out where ANY money can be made in Vana'diel, how hard it is to make it, and the absolute minimum effort required to get there and do it. If it was "RMT good" farming the place would already be full by now.

Besides, I doubt they get their leads on ffxiah.com...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Cordareo
Server: Siren
user: Cordareo
By Siren.Cordareo 2009-02-01 23:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few places I frequent.

Sometimes if I'm lazy I'll camp Spook for the day and end up with 20 or so mantles in about 18 hours of farming with only having to look at the screen every 45 Minutes.

I go to Turtle Land and Kill broo and either turn the sheepskin into leather or into sheep wool then turn the wool into thread. Need at least 35 Clothcraft to do the wool method.

I will also do quests and sell rewards if I know I'll never need it or can never use it with what my char is going to do. Like, I am never going to play a mage so I sold my drain for 50,000 gil.

I have some other ways, but I usually keep them to myself and if anyone wants to know they can send me a message :)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 23:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

zomg here's a game breaking hint:

Go to turle land and kill Garnet Quadavs for reraise scrolls (1.3k) and mauls (1.8k) to NPC!

Please keep it quiet though and don't share with RMT. We don't want legit players losing out... Hush-hush you know...
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-02 00:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I "farm" the players who buy my stuff on the AH, this is the ultimate gil-making spot.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-02 00:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
I "farm" the players who buy my stuff on the AH, this is the ultimate gil-making spot.

*snicker*

that was +100 amusing
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-02 01:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Dude... like I gave away some great secret? SSG is UBER CAMPED depending on time. Ditto Turtle land and Onzo... But I bet you're all upset because you never knew about those areas and are afraid now others will reap benefits you yourself wished were kept secret. /wait 5 I don't have to lose my mind here... you don't read. It's like talking to the wall... So for everyone else reading, I posted because: I saw what I felt was a genuine request for help and I came up with a thorough well-thought out response and it was written in a way so as to lead readers in the right direction BUT leave enough room where people could figure things out for themselves so far as what to hunt/kill... I didn't tell them everything with a DIY step-by-step of kill MOB X,Y,Z at these <POS>... etc... I'm not even going to flame you my dear whopper, any more heat from meand you'd be insta char... I'll leave it to later posters to pass judgment on you.

I don't farm that much, but when I do, its usually for mats in Onzo. I had a nice little run there before, now I'm pretty sure when I get back online, it will be camped as hell. I'm sorry I'm not like you and have all day farming ***because you have no life, which is a major advantage for those who wish to have the:

Malekith said:
And according to my own records that I've kept, I've made/ spent in excess of 34M Gil since I started keeping my own notes in July 2007.

A) Who keeps records of what they farmed anyway?

B) With prices from then to now, 34 mil gil = way too much time spent on farming. Unless you got a K.Club or something that is.

You have too much time on your hands, and should pick up a good hobby, like working 9-5 or something constructive to the real life economy. You might find that apartment away from the basement of your parents home pleasing if you had a job instead of trolling on a game all day/night.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-02 02:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what they say about assumptions...

Seriously why so hateful whopper, why? All this nerd rage of yours is going to end up with you having a heart attack... be at peace brother and all good things will come to you...
[+]
 Cerberus.Havocin
Server: Cerberus
user: Havocin
By Cerberus.Havocin 2009-02-02 02:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg honestly leave the man alone... I know one friend i play with got to play the game for couple hours a day maybe... and he both worked a 8hr a day job and is taking classes part time at a college near here... He keeps records to see how efficient he is with the whole 5~10hrs he can be on in a week.

So for people who aren't brain dead... they will keep records to test the efficiency of what they do.

We're all sorry you apparently don't have enough time to unwind but don't take it out on others.

As for places to farm, i found that Alchemy is the best money maker if you have the time to level it. It goes up fast, alot of ingrediants can be bought and if you farm simple things like slime oils for your synthesis it gets profitable even at low lvl. And soon as you can HQ stuff you're able to make alot of money.

If you don't want to do a craft i'd say try SSG for the gil drops or lvl bst (the beastmen seals and KS are really the biggest help you'll get from that job and depending what you farm you can level up leather craft too while you exp)
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-02-02 02:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
You know what they say about assumptions...

Oh oh I do! Wait...now how does that go again.... hmmm

Way to go Malekith, you let out the secret that you can farm in SSG,Beadeaux, and Onzozo! Geesh.
I'm sure RMTs never had heard of that before and now Asura is going to be flooded with RMTs. Look what you have done. Tsk tsk.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-02 02:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer Malekith thank you for trying to be nice and helpful! ^^

/slap Korpg for taking the game too seriously.. >.>

I'll admit I rarely farm. I've gotten lucky and just been given gil when my friends quit a couple times. ;_; And I just make it last... bc I'm cheap as hell lol

But friends > gil :[
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-02 03:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ya Korpg.. malekith actually made a good point. and #2 said it right on the spot. I highly doubt that they get their sources from FFXIAH.com.

I have been only farming the Goobues from The Sanctuary of Zitah, only for my tree cuttings ( and NOOOOO i'm not selling the treec cuttings not worth 25-30K stack) I use them for gardening.

That's , my pals is your REAL money maker.. Gold beast coins and Tree Sapplings!!!!

</please check it> prics on those.. i'm sure you will know what I mean!
 Ramuh.Ardath
Server: Ramuh
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-02-02 03:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why oh why would you ever give away your farming spots? This is the most retarted thread yet. Maybe we should call KFC and see if they can tell us what their secret elevan spices and herbs are, Popeye's is dying to know. ><
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-02-02 04:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

my farming spot is the airship between juno and kaz doign find npc quest over and over ^^ sorry had to say it..
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-02-02 04:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

dude.

1. popeyes > kfc

2. farm while leveling up your npc, breaking a weapon, or skilling up (if you happen to level sync a lot). multitasking ftw.

3. research research research. nobody is gonna tell you where they farm so you can get in on their profits. try different things and find your own path to great fortune.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-02 04:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw it, I'll just not farm in Onzo anymore. There goes all my meats I would have turned to gil for meat kabobs and making about 200k or so each day, but all well.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-02 07:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
But before you start telling people what they should/shouldn't do, ask yourself this: If I was reading what I am typing, but with somebody else's name next to it, and it pisses me off, should I click Submit?

Pot. Kettle. Black.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-02-02 07:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to have to say that as much as we hate when people give out "secrets" for farming, most of them are hardly a secret, just lesser known. I used to love farming demons in the castle, but the NPC price nerf really changed that. Now the scrolls from there have risen in price quite a bit because it's become less time-effective to farm there.

Just like players measure merit parties in exp/hr, I'm certain that any RMT companies that stay in business have a gil/hr meter that they watch. If you're out farming somewhere and there are no RMT, it's probably safe to assume that they found somewhere that is more worth their while (or where their players/bots can stay alive). One of the best things in Baileys was that the RMT could not compete with the RL players. The mobs there are of a level and linktastic nature such that even seasoned players eat the floor once in a while. RMT there had to move slowly and safely because dying all the time really eats into your gil/hr.

When it got bad in CZB was when a certain player (on my server) added it to their ongoing website with detailed farming spot reports. I don't feel the need to call that person out by name, and I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who read these forums have been on that site. Even then, as much as I hate that it helped ruin my favorite spot, it's not like I haven't found other ways to make money. It just sucks when you start seeing groups of 3-4 people in there farming in what used to be a place that you liked to farm alone or with one partner, not only because you got a chance to make money, but also because it was good exp and fun (6k/hr exp while farming isn't bad at all).
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-02 07:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

East Ronfaure is my gold mine.

I farm all of the Worms for their Flint Stones and Copper Ore, which I make into Tin or Copper Ingots when I'm fortunate enough to get one. I also farm the Rabbits for their Hides and Meat, which I usually just sell on the auction house for more profit. Killing Goblins and Orcs also gives a small amount of gil per kill, which soon starts adding up to fortunes.

If I'm really lucky, Bigmouth Billy might spawn and I might be fortunate enough to get a Gold Ore to sell for mega money.

Yep. East Ronfaure is a gold mine.

Stupid thread is stupid.

Haseyo said:
"Hi, I am Leet and I need some farming spot ideas. Anyone willing to share any?"

^

Especially as his original post was "Sky is mine". Sky what? What do you farm in Sky? Doll Shards? Flamingo Eggs? If he'd posted his own and convinced me he actually wanted to discuss this with people, I might've posted my ideas... But Haseyo's quote summarises exactly what I thought when I read this.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-02 08:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
East Ronfaure is my gold mine.

I farm all of the Worms for their Flint Stones and Copper Ore, which I make into Tin or Copper Ingots when I'm fortunate enough to get one. I also farm the Rabbits for their Hides and Meat, which I usually just sell on the auction house for more profit. Killing Goblins and Orcs also gives a small amount of gil per kill, which soon starts adding up to fortunes.

If I'm really lucky, Bigmouth Billy might spawn and I might be fortunate enough to get a Gold Ore to sell for mega money.

Yep. East Ronfaure is a gold mine.

lolol

Haseyo said:

Pretty much sums up this thread other than the usual Korpg trolling.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-02 09:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't farm.

I maybe do 1 ENM every 2-3 months..
Rarely farm for more than 50k gil until I get bored and stop farming for 1-2 months.
I rarely do BCNM, mostly because I don't have any KS/BS, but still.

I just don't farm.. ever >.>
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-02 09:34:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Hello.

Don't mind me. Just popping in to /cheer on Malekith and /slap Korpg.

Good day.

P.S. If you like grinding, learn to fish. I made 100k off a level 15 fishing skill in SSG fishing Nebi's. And I only fished for a couple hours. If you wanna make more, then you can go back to slaughtering everything in sight after you hit your fishing cap.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-02 09:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

One farm spot is in your very on Moghouse
First Page 2 3 4