Who Think's They Have The Best FARM SPOT !!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who think's they have the best FARM SPOT !!!!
Who think's they have the best FARM SPOT !!!!
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-02 18:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Azuzu <<<<

Totally off topic, but wasn't that the name of the Professor's gargoyle in Futurama? Just my first thought when I saw the name. Great show!
[+]
 Asura.Kyjelly
user: Kyjelly
By Asura.Kyjelly 2009-02-02 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i used to merit all the time then spam isnm3k shadows of the mind. now i farm sky with some close buddies of mine. we got people with multiple 75s and we just lowman farm all the sky pops. as far as popping gods, we usually setup a buyer for abjs and shout for group. i know most people are iffy on pickup gods but one my friends is pld and i'm on rdm. earlier today we made 1m each selling byakkos haidates for 4m not to mention the Damascus ignot that goes for like 300k+
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-02 19:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Zanno said:
Malekith said:
One can't be on the game at all times... so why not let another take a crack at my spots when I'm not on.
meaning that when you do get on you will politely as them to leave your spot? More than one farming spot? yes. But if you give them away, chances are that eventually the competition would be too big to make it worth it. i.e a couple of years ago: Goobbues in zitah, could be like 8 people fighting over regular mobs. Would you want that to happen to your farming spots?
LoL... man I like competition. I play sports. The hell I'm going to ask someone to vacate my virtual real-estate. If there are other farmers in my spots. Odds are I already know who they are. Most of them are reasonable folks. It's like working shifts at a factory. When I come on they're either just leaving or are leaving soon enough. Now if folks want to be testy about it, I'd like to think now that I have a 75 THF I can work more efficiently and out claim/kill people if I must. But again, that's why I /sea zone ahead of time. If I see a spot's too crowded I make alternate plans.

Hmm. when i farm i farm for profit, competition, no thanks. I have better things to do than compete with others over farming mobs. More competition = less profit/hr, you cant deny that. I've never heard of anyone farming because its fun. Most ppl want minimun competition = more profit/hr.
 Phoenix.Azuzu
Server: Phoenix
user: Azuzu
By Phoenix.Azuzu 2009-02-02 20:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Azuzu &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Totally off topic, but wasn't that the name of the Professor's gargoyle in Futurama? Just my first thought when I saw the name. Great show!

yup yup
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-02 20:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats Pazuzu, actually.
 Phoenix.Azuzu
Server: Phoenix
user: Azuzu
By Phoenix.Azuzu 2009-02-02 21:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jiko

um... no. i own all the seasons of Futurama and that episode is my favorite. i mean come on. who wouldnt like to find the fountain of youth. It's Azuzu. but thatnks for playing. better luck next time
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-02-03 05:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Havocin said:
So for people who aren't brain dead... they will keep records to test the efficiency of what they do.

Just because I don't keep records doesn't mean I am brain dead:) As for my farming spot, its in the bonecraft guild at Windy Woods!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-03 06:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

>>Azuzu

I own all the seasons of House, does that mean I can be a doctor?

It's not Lupus!

Though you might wanna check again on your accuracy of the name. Just because you own it, doesnt make you right.

Thanks for playing.

Heres even a link! Suck it, 'tard.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Khamila
Server: Sylph
user: Khamila
By Sylph.Khamila 2009-04-19 16:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
I don't farm.

I maybe do 1 ENM every 2-3 months..
Rarely farm for more than 50k gil until I get bored and stop farming for 1-2 months.
I rarely do BCNM, mostly because I don't have any KS/BS, but still.

I just don't farm.. ever >.>

So that doesnt count when we are "hanging out"... behind that um... "gate" as farming? ;)
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-19 17:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ardath said:
Why oh why would you ever give away your farming spots? This is the most retarted thread yet. Maybe we should call KFC and see if they can tell us what their secret elevan spices and herbs are, Popeye's is dying to know. ><

Elvaan spices!? I'll never have KFC again.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-19 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Ardath said:
Why oh why would you ever give away your farming spots? This is the most retarted thread yet. Maybe we should call KFC and see if they can tell us what their secret elevan spices and herbs are, Popeye's is dying to know. ><

Elvaan spices!? I'll never have KFC again.

Anything >>>>>>>>> KFC
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-04-19 18:08:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

THF75/BST37(75) Need BST 75 for a decent charmrate when subbing it, grab an apollos staff, some CHR gear, a stack of antidotes and a stack of silent oils and head to atthowa chasm. Use antlions as pets/Scorps and kill corses for iolites, at daytime trigger the antlions underneat the ground as they drop scarlet stone 80% of the time w/ TH3/4, get goldsmithing 20 and make those into rhodonites, easily 100k/hr with current euconomy, be prepared to die a cpl times before you get ahold of the camp, every mob except the dhamselflies aggro and there are poison plants all around=D

There is my "secret" farming spot
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-19 18:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

so....let me get this straight....please tell me your farming spot so i can come too?

>.> i think not.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-19 19:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to necrobump a dead thread.

/fail
 Ramuh.Sidi
Server: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 19:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

technically the person who bumped it shared her farmign technique, so not quite necrobumping :P
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-19 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Insect wings have made me a goldmine!

Seriously, the thread is an answer @ your own risk but 90% of the said "spots" are pretty much known so why whine about its great exposure?

"Troll" much?

To the person who started this thread... you've earned a /bitchslap award for your oh so great and vividly detailed post... I farm sky...

'nuff said.

Like someone said earlier share a lil and I might be willing to give a lil.

@Malekith... IDK you but from what i've seen you're trying to be the better person in your own way and here is some advice may not be what you want to hear but here it is... don't even respond to anything korpg says... good or bad it seems if you even glance in any direction the wind blows it is fuel to his fire. *** the naysayers who cares what anyone thinks you're an individual about time to grasp that concept and your world can be drama free.

@Korpg...I've seen your posts help and those shine my man drop the animosity if anything this "Great Enemy" of yours says really bugs you that much over the web then you have a problem. Just do a mental and virtual blacklist since that feature isn't available on these forums. *Suggestion to the forum creators*

I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone but damn this trolling starting to make these forums a waste of time to even look at and I'm sure there will be the *** wannabe mr/mrs popularity who will suggest I carry my readings elsewhere well *** off because I've grown to love this community and I feel 2 people are letting this community down in their own way. Plus I have my right to read what I want.

I just personally want to see the 2 of you just put this ***behind you because:
1. It can be done >.>
2. It's the mature thing to do.

@the ones who will probably start to flame my opinions go eat a *** and stay off mine. You trying to prove to me how hard of an E-thug you are is pathetic.

<3 to all you players and haters

/flameon....
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-04-19 19:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would tell people how to make damn good gil...but last time i did, the price dropped 10k a stack...which broke me for a couple of months
 Unicorn.Callysto
Server: Unicorn
user: Callysto
By Unicorn.Callysto 2009-04-20 06:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

imm not sure it really even mattrs outside of hunting bee chips or something most are too lazy or ill-prepaed to copy farming techniqus. Nobody has that much time to devote anymore.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-20 10:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Boyahda Tree / The Sanctuary of Zi'tah is a very nice farming location if you're a Thief. (Btw, it's not just Goobbues. ^.~)
 Unicorn.Ixn
Server: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2009-04-20 11:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I farm mostly in Windy woods cause that's where all the taru are at and they make good Kazham Fried Taru and very good profit from that

other than that I mine and synth stuff from mining stuffz and do sky stuff? :O
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 11:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Boyahda Tree / The Sanctuary of Zi'tah is a very nice farming location if you're a Thief. (Btw, it's not just Goobbues. ^.~)

Ya, it can be...but every time I go out there there's always someone out there already killing everything worthwhile in sight, so I kinda gave up on it >.<

TBH I gave up on farming in general, I just spend a night every few weeks farming up the more expensive mats for mah cookin pretty much...
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:33:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Insect wings have made me a goldmine!

Seriously, the thread is an answer @ your own risk but 90% of the said "spots" are pretty much known so why whine about its great exposure?

"Troll" much?

To the person who started this thread... you've earned a /bitchslap award for your oh so great and vividly detailed post... I farm sky...

'nuff said.

Like someone said earlier share a lil and I might be willing to give a lil.

@Malekith... IDK you but from what i've seen you're trying to be the better person in your own way and here is some advice may not be what you want to hear but here it is... don't even respond to anything korpg says... good or bad it seems if you even glance in any direction the wind blows it is fuel to his fire. *** the naysayers who cares what anyone thinks you're an individual about time to grasp that concept and your world can be drama free.

@Korpg...I've seen your posts help and those shine my man drop the animosity if anything this "Great Enemy" of yours says really bugs you that much over the web then you have a problem. Just do a mental and virtual blacklist since that feature isn't available on these forums. *Suggestion to the forum creators*

I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone but damn this trolling starting to make these forums a waste of time to even look at and I'm sure there will be the *** wannabe mr/mrs popularity who will suggest I carry my readings elsewhere well *** off because I've grown to love this community and I feel 2 people are letting this community down in their own way. Plus I have my right to read what I want.

I just personally want to see the 2 of you just put this ***behind you because:
1. It can be done >.>
2. It's the mature thing to do.

@the ones who will probably start to flame my opinions go eat a *** and stay off mine. You trying to prove to me how hard of an E-thug you are is pathetic.

<3 to all you players and haters

/flameon....

wow! that was a lot to say!

i'm a happy person. maybe they should get a hug from me and then they can spread all the happiness and cheer to others in the world.

i want everyone to get along. malekith, you are my friend ig, korpg i only chat back to u sometimes in forums.

lets all get along please, i dont like fighting :)
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-20 12:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tbest said:

Ya, it can be...but every time I go out there there's always someone out there already killing everything worthwhile in sight, so I kinda gave up on it >.<

TBH I gave up on farming in general, I just spend a night every few weeks farming up the more expensive mats for mah cookin pretty much...

I very highly doubt they're killing what I'm talking about. But like I said... It's best with Thief 74+.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 12:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I farm the AH and farm stinging sophie. it's the best because I never get bored of shooting bees and gobs while seeing the same damage over and over.
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-04-20 12:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just go on avatar runs, fame is easy to get for *most* of em, and if you do all 6 terrestrial avatars every day, that's 60k a day, x7 days = lots of gil :3 (I never was good in math xD ).

Best of all, no way for competition to be a problem with this, and they're fun :D
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-20 13:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, avatars are decent instant-gil. However... You also have to take into account the time needed for each with your current means. If you go solo, it's not likely that you have the ability to tele, warp, mazurka, etc. all at once. Well, unless you're hacking.

You have fights in Ifrit's Cauldron, Quicksand Caves, Den of Rancor, Cape Terrigan, Fei'Yin, and Boyahda Tree.
Then you have NPC's for those fights (both to get the fork to start the fight and to turn in the whisper to get the gil reward) in Kazham, Bastok, Norg, Rabao, San d'Oria, and Mhaura.

If you're starting with 0 forks you'd have to either go collect all of the forks and then fight the avatars or collect the fork for one, fight it, then repeat.

How long do you think it would take if you're spending 30-60 minutes on fights and then running around to go get the forks as well as turn in the whispers for the 10k gil?

It's going to take you at minimum 2-3 hours, which would most likely be up to 4 hours for 60k gil. That also doesn't include that you're most likely going to spend upwards of 5k gil on tele's, outpost warps, chocobos, and warp cudgel charges.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-20 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a vast number of spots.
Take a new player for instance To farm some gil:
Crystals sell pretty well. Sure 1k a stack isnt much, but it'll add up in the long run. Along with the new Fields of Valor update, players can get their own set of gil in a small amount of time.

ALL starter areas are GOLD MINES.
FARM EVERYTHING.

In party's, save everything. I never drop anything at all unless im needing the room for some better item. Keep it all, and sell it to NPC's. Any gil you can receive is fair gil made. As little as it is, its STILL GIL.

Horutoto ruins- Goblins/Beetles

Tahrongi Canyon- Yagudo/Dhalmel/Crawlers/Elements [depending on level]/Sapplings/Bees

Giddeus- Yagudo/Bees/NM's

Konschtat Highlands- Bees/Sapplings/Sheep/Rams/Stray Mary/Quadav.

La theine Plateau-Birds/Sapplings/Orcs/Rams/Blood Bats/Mushrooms.

Buburimu Peninsula- Goblins/Crawlers/Dhalmel [GIRAFFE O.O!!!]/Crabs/

Pashhow Marshlands-Quadav/Crawlers/Leech's/Bees.

Sauromugue Champaign- Coreuls [kittys]/Yagudo/Beetles/Tigers/Goblins

Batallia Downs- Tigers/Orcs/Goblins/Sapplings

Jugner Forest- Tigers/Sapplings/Orcs/Mushrooms

Qufim Island- Gigas/Leechs/Bones/Bats

Delk Tower- Pots/Gigas/NM's/Treasure Chests

Fei Yin- Pots/Golems/Bats/Banshee's

Beaucedine Glacier- Tigers/Goblins/Gigas

Xarcabard- Gigas/Bat eyes/bones/Demons

There's just too many great farming areas. All spots ive talked about are spots that just about everyone and anything RMT would know. So flame on, but really, I do it for everyone of lower tier farming. Best spots? Not EXACTLY BEST. But great ones that will help you out when you need a small consumption of gil increase ^_^

-And if you are a part crafter! Things like Yagudo necklaces can be desynthed with a Lv.1-5 in smithing I think. Or Gold smithing.. For Copper Ingots which sell about 4k a stack.

-Alchemy users for thoses beehive chips into wax for Silent oils.

-Tigers for fangs to sell to an NPC in Sandoria for Fame and gil!

Orc/Quadav/Yagudo/Goblins for small and slight gil increase!

Starter areas make things better, than that of higher tier places to farm. Some for EXP, some for just because. And some who can effectively just solo ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, almost.

I think a starter gil guide for beginners would be better than "Whats the BEST farming spot?". Dont you think?
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-20 13:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Like most people say, its best to have more than just ONE spot for farming.
If thing dont go your way, look up zones to see how many people are THF or /THF. Or possibly just invis.

Gives you a small idea.
But yes, I agree. Never have just one spot. Have multiple.
makes things easier ^_^
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-04-20 15:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Really when you look at the advice posted on here making gil comes down to the Rule of 5. All gil making activities boil down to one of the 5 following methods.

1. Grind farming Kill - Pick a zone kill everything in sight and NPC/ AH/ Bazaar whatever you get. This would include Bazaar of ABC's and Alexandrite as well.

2. Grind farm HELM/ Gardening - Pick Axes, Scythes, Hatchets and pots oh my!

3. Crafting - It's a gil sink/ time vampire at start but as you level it eventually you find ways of making gils especially if your mats came from 1 or 2.

4. Lottery - Either doing ISNM/ ANNNM/ ENM/ KS/ BS fights and hoping for a good drop. If that doesn't float your boat... you pick an NM with a gil drop, camp it, hope you get claim and then pray you see it in treasure pool. Rumor has it, if a taru dies during fight you get double drops...

5. Skill *** - Be it PL for a pt or Trace/ Warp/ Tele/ Recall people to where they need to go.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-20 16:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive PL'd for gil before.
25k for 5-10 lvls [depending on current start], sure >:3