Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » DA tping
DA tping
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 22:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanguine blade has become my god. Cause though I can throw out some decent numbers on other ws I can do much better on SB on most things stronger than like DC lol
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 22:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel you. 800+ easy on abyssea exp mobs(probably from drinks too though) and I don't even have a great build for it yet. Too bad you can't skillchain with it though, since these new spells do up some massive numbers. Goblin Rush Light and Benthic Typhoon Darkness are just crazy when you throw in that Skillchain bonus trait to go along with it. Fortunately you can usually WS at least once while waiting Chain Affinity to come back.

I guess the ideal thing to do would be something like..
Have two STR swords equipped at first > TP to 100% and CA > Self-skillchain > (Swap to fast tp'ing swords and spam Sanguine Blade until CA is back up) or (Excess MP? Keep STR swords on and use up some spells)
 Bahamut.Shinsaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Shinsaki 2010-09-23 16:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I guess the ideal thing to do would be something like..
Have two STR swords equipped at first > TP to 100% and CA > Self-skillchain > (Swap to fast tp'ing swords and spam Sanguine Blade until CA is back up) or (Excess MP? Keep STR swords on and use up some spells)

I was considering that myself. Gonna take a damn long time, but for "***is situational," does anything beat that sword-swapping?
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-23 19:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

what's yalls gear set look like for sanguine blade?
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-09-23 19:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen someone with 2 of the multi hit katanas, stages so that the names of the weapons are different since they are rare, couldnt you do that with the 7 DA khanda and 9 DA khanda +1? May not be the best for BLU as far as getting TP goes, but for any job that relies on WS dmg and uses dual weapons sounds pretty good to me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-23 19:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said:
what's yalls gear set look like for sanguine blade?
For right now this is all I got

Will probably replace with teal slops if I got alot more stat buffs. Like ocne I get the abysitte that gets more 10 more and using more atma. Or morri if I get that first. Trying to get af3 for feet of course.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-23 19:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

what's your race and what are you average numbers?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-23 19:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru int merits still 80. Varies widely. On most DC+ I can get 600-800 without anything spell IE setting int spells magic def down MAB spells etc.

But mob int MDB etc kinda makes a huge diff. And I haven't reworked the numbers on since they changed the ftp to figure out if some other piece might have become better. And not sure what I can do with say +20 to all stats in abyssea and atmas and typhoon lol.

Against low lvl stuff I can hit 1k+ easy
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-24 00:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

so does the mag acc matter from omega ring, or is that just cause you wanted a good mix of mind and int?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 00:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

so does the mag acc matter from omega ring, or is that just cause you wanted a good mix of mind and int?
The second one. And because I didn't feel like buying/making another int ring
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-24 01:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

will MAB > INT?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 01:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

will MAB > INT?
Figuring out how much str vs int vs mnd is pretty easy since it all just adds together but yeah figuring out MAB vs stats is a bit harder.

Depends on the amount and your base dmg which is largely dependent on of course race/gear but also lvl and the major change factors int buffs and enemy int. For example before when ftp was only 2.0 (now 2.75) unless I was hitting something with rediculous low int (like say less than 5 I think lol) mahatma was better than teal. And that ended up being basically +3 int +8mnd -6str vs 3 MAB. So really you'd kinda have to do the math of it using a guessimate (or you can back calculate) an int of the mobs you are fight and your stats to figure out wether so much stats beat so much MAB. In case you don't have it I calculated the formula here. Make sure to take into account MAB from trait and whatstats you get from spells you are setting and buffs etc and if you plan on using some +MAB spell. For specific dmg you can put in -magic def from say typhoon but that wont be needed for comparisions between stats and mab.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-24 01:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome info, thanks a lot! i kinda realized once i started asking questions like that it really boils down to me testing things on my character alone. Either way, thanks again. :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 01:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for exact answers sure. But if you can get all your stats and even just approximate ones for mobs should be enough to decide between peices of gear. So glad I'm getting my morri boots in a few hours