Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » new Sanguian Blade Mods
new Sanguian Blade Mods
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-13 16:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

30% STR, 50% MND secondary modifiers, primary mod is dINT with 2.0 multiplier, fTP of 2.75.

I understand that but, I cant seem to find just how much MAB effects this
is it a rough 2int = 1 MAB until Dint is capped like for blm nukes or is that totally wrong?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-13 16:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The mods are the same as before they just increased the ftp from 2 to 2.75. Here I made a thread about it.... I don't know if lvl correct factor has changed from 80 to 85 though probalby has but not by much
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-13 17:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
The mods are the same as before they just increased the ftp from 2 to 2.75. Here I made a thread about it.... I don't know if lvl correct factor has changed from 80 to 85 though probalby has but not by much
blugater tested and found a STR mod now <.< dunno if its true or false tho
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-13 17:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always had a STR_30 mod.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-13 17:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The str mod has always been there. Notice my original testing + some BG help was done not too long after the ws came out and it was there and the same. But it's so small compared to int and mnd errant gear is still not a bad idea. But yeah I've ran tests at 80 with the new and old formula I came with and they always came out to the dmg changing lots of stats around
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-13 17:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you test the metallic body and diamond hide formulas also? i read that changed also and ive been to lazy to fight cactors xD
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-14 12:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
you test the metallic body and diamond hide formulas also? i read that changed also and ive been to lazy to fight cactors xD
lol, I've been meaning to do this too.

Anyway, for Sanguine Blade, I get pretty decent damage (~600 on regular non-resistant exp mobs) just using my blu nuking build:

Any simple fixes I can make with this build? Aside from getting Teal Chapeau like I know I should.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It sorta depends on what you are fighting. Base dmg on it is so low that even small difference in dint can change the relation between mods and MAB ALOT. Not to mention if you are using MAB trait/spells

Anyways talthum is obviously good. Morri body, and legs and even feet of course. Af3+1(2) feet. VNM int/mab ring. I think blu can wear arcane robe or use crimson/blood body

If you have approximate int values and of course your base stats and such to calculate it.
By Aisha 2010-09-14 15:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

well I have tested sanguine Blade like crazy ever since it 1st came out an I pretty much use the same setup as Blazza except I dont have novio, but for a few fixes for your set I would just switch out errant body for Crimson body or Teal body since STR is a mod an errant gives -7 an maybe a phantom tathlum (since SE wont let blu use witch's stone...) other then that your pretty much set. I get around 770 everytime on any mob that doesnt resist, even in Abyssea exp mobs when I get the int/mnd boost and the MAB temp item I hit a constant 980-1070 dmg Sanguine blade, which is great against those mandies that always guard lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it really makes me want to make the -magic def swd. Mostly cause takes to long to constantly use spells
By Aisha 2010-09-14 15:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah it really makes me want to make the -magic def swd. Mostly cause takes to long to constantly use spells

well would it better to make the Mdef - 15 sword or the INT +8 MAB +9 Sword? caus I mean we have spells that can drop the mobs mdef by 10% an more but I guess we would have to test them
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 15:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisha said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
well would it better to make the Mdef - 15 sword or the INT +8 MAB +9 Sword? caus I mean we have spells that can drop the mobs mdef by 10% an more but I guess we would have to test them
Actually I think the new spell is like 19%. But the point of the swd would be to not have to cast it over and over again everytime you wanted to ws lol. I mean your losing mp which is dmg and a decent amount of time casting which you probably could've gotten another couple of attack rounds in. But yes that would be bigger SBs
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-14 16:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
lol, I've been meaning to do this too.

Anyway, for Sanguine Blade, I get pretty decent damage (~600 on regular non-resistant exp mobs) just using my blu nuking build:

Any simple fixes I can make with this build? Aside from getting Teal Chapeau like I know I should.

STR is a mod as well, so errant body is not doing you justice. I'd opt Teal body, and get Teal head as you mentioned as well, otherwise everything seems in order. Perhaps use Ugga for when MP is low enough to proc it?

Here's the best SB setup I'd say, just toying around with item sets: (Excluding possible add-on augments)

INT/MAB Shamshir+1 and OAThree Khanda+1, with a proper TP set up as well, would be a very interesting thing to see.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 03:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Aisha/Virtuosus, pretty much confirmed what I was already thinking. My main doubt about this build was errant, because of that -STR, but I'll still have to think about teal, as I use errant for mnd based nuking on blu, as well as potency on rdm, which Teal won't help with and it'll be inventory -1.

Dasva, that was the least helpful statement of the absolute *** obvious I've ever read. Do you really think that if I had ANY of that gear you mentioned, that I wouldn't be using it? All those pieces are obviously better, but I can't just hop on over to AH and pick them up can I?
 Cerberus.Leeey
Server: Cerberus
user: Leey
By Cerberus.Leeey 2010-09-15 04:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

he was giving you something to aim for obviously mr negative, thanks Virtuosus ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 10:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Dasva, that was the least helpful statement of the absolute *** obvious I've ever read. Do you really think that if I had ANY of that gear you mentioned, that I wouldn't be using it? All those pieces are obviously better, but I can't just hop on over to AH and pick them up can I?
Sorry but those were the really only better peices. If you had easily buyable ah peices I would've listed them. But you didn't so get off my nuts. I beleive the other guy even said that and you are all happy with his suggestion. OH and you can pick up a taltum on the ah real easy. Af3 feet +1 isn't too hard to get. Just time consuming.

As far as str being a mod. The extra mnd on errant is almost the same amount to base dmg as the difference in str. So it more comes down to the int compared to the MAB... and after doing the math for a taru teal will win by a small amount until the mob int gets upward of 190int or you get more mab. For a non taru unless you set alot of int they become pretty damn similar
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 11:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, I just think you know me well enough to know that things like morri body > errant are pretty obvious to me lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 11:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did say obviously and of course. crims/blood/arcane will beat teal btw
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 11:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Just tested diamondhide on cactuars and it doesn't make sense.

367 skill = 240 - should be 244
347 skill = 228 - should be 231

So it has been raised from it's previous 200 cap, but for some reason it's a tiny but out from it's skill/1.5 formula. Can anyone work out a formula from that (not that it really matters more than "cast diamondhide in full skill gear again")? I can't even guess at a formula as it's literally only 3-4 points of damage out from what it should be.

Do utsusemi shadows have an effect on 1000 needles? I think they're 1 damage per shadow? The 367 skill I had one shadow, the 347 skill I had two.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-15 17:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Current working model is skill*0.6+20, and I don't believe so.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-25 12:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
lol, I've been meaning to do this too. Anyway, for Sanguine Blade, I get pretty decent damage (~600 on regular non-resistant exp mobs) just using my blu nuking build: Any simple fixes I can make with this build? Aside from getting Teal Chapeau like I know I should.

I planned to use pretty much that except morri hands vs yigit idk which, teal body vs errant hmm, and legs ill have to settle with teal no morrigan for body/leg slots. Yigit head or maats cap idk, philomath/uggy/sea gorget, and for rings only got omega omniscient balrahns and dd ones.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-02 10:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:

Here's the best SB setup I'd say, just toying around with item sets: (Excluding possible add-on augments)

INT/MAB Shamshir+1 and OAThree Khanda+1, with a proper TP set up as well, would be a very interesting thing to see.

Maat's cap
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-10-02 11:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiral ring perhaps? Seems like a nice fit.