First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Seraph.Siiri
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: uper1986
By Seraph.Siiri 2010-09-09 08:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
ill be guessing orcs in la Vaule isnt camped much?

dont see many people in there ever anyway

Was there last night. We left because we had parties all around us. It was a bit silly trying to fight over mobs. Just logged for night I assume the rush will have died down a bit by the time I am off work.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 08:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Time can be considered a challenge
If there's a given time-limit, of course. But you have unlimited time to get 5 kindred crests. all SE's trying to do is make you explore. I'm sure there's areas out there that haven't had people fighting mobs in there for a long *** time that drop Kindred Crests faster than the highly-camped places.
No the time it takes is the point. Not everyone has the time or the stamina or whatever. Time itself is a challenge
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 08:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not everyone has the time or the stamina or whatever. Time itself is a challenge
If not everyone has the time, then why the hell are they playing an MMO?
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 08:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
It's time consuming yes but I never ever stated it was a challenge.

You asked if everyone wanted the game on easy mode. Let's use our brains here for a second.

!easy = Hard = Challenging.

The problem with equating a droprate with a challenge is that it varies from person to person and skill level is not a factor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 08:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Time can be considered a challenge
If there's a given time-limit, of course. But you have unlimited time to get 5 kindred crests. all SE's trying to do is make you explore. I'm sure there's areas out there that haven't had people fighting mobs in there for a long *** time that drop Kindred Crests faster than the highly-camped places.
No the time it takes is the point. Not everyone has the time or the stamina or whatever. Time itself is a challenge
Pretty much :/ seeing the new trials makes me want to hit 85 asap and use my new toys. Plus Emp armor to boot, going to have ALOT of people after that, and mew spells / JAs JTs for those that got them, Refresh II for example (provided you can get said scrolls.)

Right now it's a mad dash to 85 and it's easy to understand the frustation people can have when you go 5+ hours not seeing the item you need. I'm sure everyone has experianced this in some form or another (Salvage is an example) but really, sometimes you just need to vent.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-09 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Formed a 6-man party with LS-mates and headed to Bhaflau Thickets through Nyzul Isle Investigation entrance. Got drop off a Greater Colibri. Party broke and decided to go solo rather than get 30 Kindred's Crest. So I went into Arrapago Reef with two friends. Together, we trio'd the area from the Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point to about G-9 and back, killing everything along the way. We got 13 Kindred's Crest from the following mobs: Ashakku x3, Phasma, Merrow Shadowdancer x4, Merrow Chantress x4, and Merrow Icedancer x2. Not a single drop came from any Jnun, Skeletons, or even any Imp mobs (though an LS mate said they'd gotten theirs off of the Heraldic Imp). Also see: The 5-Minute Rule

Didnt they change the lvl of mobs in this zone among a few others in AU, did you notice any mobs there check higher than tough? Only flayer lamia toxophilite typhoondancer and a few others should check high tough at 80, nothing used to be VT or above I believe.

Everything we fought was DC or EP.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 08:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

You asked if everyone wanted the game on easy mode. Let's use our brains here for a second.

!easy = Hard = Challenging.

The problem with equating a droprate with a challenge is that it varies from person to person and skill level is not a factor.
Do you even read?
I asked if people wanted it to be easy, I never *** said it was a challenge.

What you're saying is if something isn't easy, it's hard. You disregard "Normal" or "Average"

Besides, shouldn't you be working on getting your Kindred Crests already instead of bitching about it on an internet forum where nobody gives a rats *** that you would rather get your SAM from 80 to 85 in one day from doing Abyssea-Konschat.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 08:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Besides, shouldn't you be working on getting your Kindred Crests already instead of bitching about it on an internet forum where nobody gives a rats *** that you would rather get your SAM from 80 to 85 in one day from doing Abyssea-Konschat.

Do you read? I said this is easy enough to engage and afk. I am fighting mobs right now. It is possible to do both if you're not dumb enough to think that low droprates represent some form of challenge.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 08:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Easy/Normal/Hard are all relative and based on personal experience

*Results may vary.

Your arguments are invalid.
I was just thinking this.
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Do you read? I said this is easy enough to engage and afk. I am fighting mobs right now. It is possible to do both if you're not dumb enough to think that low droprates represent some form of challenge.
Would you rather me have said something like
"Do you guys want it to be super easy mode where instead of 5 KC the moogle asked for 10 Kindred Seals so you guys can do that then go to abyssea and get to 85 in one day"?

my initial point was that SE is trying to get you idiots out of Abyssea for a week so you guys can get these Kindred Crests.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-09 08:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we've now established one or more of the following:

1. It's too easy.
2. It depends on the person / can't be judged.
derp. It's too hard.

Very important amusing work we're doing here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 09:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
I guess we've now established one or more of the following:

1. It's too easy.
2. It depends on the person / can't be judged.
derp. It's too hard.

Very important amusing work we're doing here.
Wait til they find out that you can convert Kindred Seals to Kindred Crests.

Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 09:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
SE is trying to get you idiots out of Abyssea for a week so you guys can get these Kindred Crests.

Right. SE made us wait 3 months for new content so that we could spend a week doing old content in order to do new content. Your argument is totally valid now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 09:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
SE is trying to get you idiots out of Abyssea for a week so you guys can get these Kindred Crests.

Right. SE made us wait 3 months for new content so that we could spend a week doing old content in order to do new content. Your argument is totally valid now.

They did that with the 75 -> 80 quest (lol Kindred Seals)
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 09:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
They did that with the 75 -> 80 quest (lol Kindred Seals)

KS were not new, dropped from far more mobs and because of this most people had them already.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 09:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides, Baelorn, i could go on the topic of "Kindred Crests are new content since it's a new item in-game"

plus all the new content is just old content re-skinned =P
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-09 09:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to go home and play video games...
 Siren.Chrichri
Server: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-09-09 09:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just partied in abyssea tahrongi for 3 hours and got 4 crests with lucky lots. Logged out in Cape Teriggan to farm my last one after class.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 09:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Chrichri said:
I just partied in abyssea tahrongi for 3 hours and got 4 crests with lucky lots. Logged out in Cape Teriggan to farm my last one after class.
I was waiting for this post

lol @ everyone
 Phoenix.Conker
user: Conkers
By Phoenix.Conker 2010-09-09 09:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now i have gotten all my seals i will tell my area.

Mamook was a serious hot spot for me. Crap ton of mobs.
All 70+
No Compt in there.

Good Luck!
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-09 09:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Atenntion All BLM's if you haven't thought of this already you may want to consider going back to the old pudding camp in mount zhayolm. I've gotten 3 crests in under 30 minutes due to how easy it is to kill these things.
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-09-09 09:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Going on 4 hours without seeing a single crest is a good reason to *** imo.

Do you guys really want FFXI to be on easy-mode?

"I want my Kindred Crests now so i can spam Abyssea for 20 hours straight to get from 80 to 85 in one day."

At least S-E found a way to get people away from Abyssea for a week.

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? This isn't hard. As MNK/DNC I can engage, pop drain samba and afk on these mobs. If this is what you call a challenge I'm sorry but it isn't.
I never called it a challenge.

it could be considered a challenge of patience, which the ffxi community seems to be lacking in these days, seriously everyone complaining in this thread, you need to join an oldschool sky LS, farm diorites for 3 days (4 hours each day) pop some ullikumis, kill some byakkos, then get outlotted by a bard on haidates, and do it over and over again for 6+ months. Then come back and complain that "omg this is annoying". Or even better build up to a kirin from scratch, KITE kirin and kill him the old fashioned way, only to have raise III drop, then you'll see "annoying"
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 09:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Going on 4 hours without seeing a single crest is a good reason to *** imo.

Do you guys really want FFXI to be on easy-mode?

"I want my Kindred Crests now so i can spam Abyssea for 20 hours straight to get from 80 to 85 in one day."

At least S-E found a way to get people away from Abyssea for a week.

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? This isn't hard. As MNK/DNC I can engage, pop drain samba and afk on these mobs. If this is what you call a challenge I'm sorry but it isn't.
I never called it a challenge.

it could be considered a challenge of patience, which the ffxi community seems to be lacking in these days, seriously everyone complaining in this thread, you need to join an oldschool sky LS, farm diorites for 3 days (4 hours each day) pop some ullikumis, kill some byakkos, then get outlotted by a bard on haidates, and do it over and over again for 6+ months. Then come back and complain that "omg this is annoying". Or even better build up to a kirin from scratch, KITE kirin and kill him the old fashioned way, only to have reraise III drop, then you'll see "annoying"

Seriously. I'm getting my merits at the same time with this. I call this efficient.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 09:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
you need to join an oldschool sky LS, farm diorites for 3 days (4 hours each day) pop some ullikumis, kill some byakkos, then get outlotted by a bard on haidates, and do it over and over again for 6+ months. Then come back and complain that "omg this is annoying". Or even better build up to a kirin from scratch, KITE kirin and kill him the old fashioned way, only to have raise III drop, then you'll see "annoying"

You seem to be implying I haven't already done all of those things.

The problem with this is there is no sense of progress. I've spent 5 hours killing mobs with nothing to show for it. Even when I do finish getting all 5 all it does is break an arbitrary cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 09:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
you need to join an oldschool sky LS, farm diorites for 3 days (4 hours each day) pop some ullikumis, kill some byakkos, then get outlotted by a bard on haidates, and do it over and over again for 6+ months. Then come back and complain that "omg this is annoying". Or even better build up to a kirin from scratch, KITE kirin and kill him the old fashioned way, only to have raise III drop, then you'll see "annoying"

You seem to be implying I haven't already done all of those things.

The problem with this is there is no sense of progress. I've spent 5 hours killing mobs with nothing to show for it. Even when I do finish getting all 5 all it does is break an arbitrary cap.

Get some friends and do it together, you kill quicker and they drop faster. True you need more, but at least you feel like something is happening.

Plus, EXP is always nice.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 09:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're capped on exp and your merits are capped.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-09 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

well baelorn instead of conplaning about this i'd just find a way to get the seals (its not like someone on here has a magic wand that can make it so you can just "undo" the fact that SE made this quest)
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 09:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
Unless you're capped on exp and your merits are capped.

Don't raise your level cap? Its quest you have to do to progress in the game. End of story.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 09:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
well baelorn instead of conplaning about this i'd just find a way to get the seals (its not like someone on here has a magic wand that can make it so you can just "undo" the fact that SE made this quest)

I am working on getting them. It still sucks though.
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-09 09:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is, why not get your merits first? You're gonna rage if you spend all this time and effort to get the crests, then when you go to get your merits, they drop everywhere. Just saying.

I also sympathize with the people who are going 0 over hours and hours. I would want at least one, just to know I'm killing the right thing. :/ (however, the people who have some and are complaining can learn some patience.)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12