Kindred Crests
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 09:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I went about 4-6 hours (combined from time before work and after, completely unsure how long it really was) before getting one to drop, not to horrible but man, getting 4 more I am not looking forward to.

I'd be interested in a system where at certain levels mobs will stop dropping one of the types, like at 80+ you will only see KS and KCs dropping, or whatever level that EPs will be checking to us at 99. Then DC-VTs will drop the KS and KCs and like ITs will drop KCs. Then you can farm for a certain type more easily :/
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-09 09:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

holy 8 pages batman , um can anyone sum up Rq ? all mobs 70+ drop them right ? cuz KS are Mobs 60+ if memory serves . 70 or 75 sound right but just lookin for some confirmation with out havin to read thru 8 pages of replies _(. .)_
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-09-09 09:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobs level 70+ will drop them. Anything that checks higher than DC at 80 can drop. They load in the same drop slots as BS and KS so only one of the three will ever drop, hence the annoyment a lot of us are having.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-09 09:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
I guess we've now established one or more of the following:

1. It's too easy.
2. It depends on the person / can't be judged.
derp. It's too hard.

Very important amusing work we're doing here.
Wait til they find out that you can convert Kindred Seals to Kindred Crests.

This made my day, true or not.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 09:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

9 pages!!! 9!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 09:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently they drop more often if you have several pts. Get a handful of people and form an alliance.
 Asura.Lexin
Server: Asura
user: Kakurot
By Asura.Lexin 2010-09-09 10:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently SE is full of *** retards.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-09 10:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

going 5 hours without seing one drop is a bit silly.

"don't forget family friends and work" but play 20h+ to see 5 items like these drop. yeah right.

Apparently some people think: Time consimung events = chalenge. hurrdurr, not really if you have a life.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-09 10:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Apparently some people think: Time consimung events = chalenge. hurrdurr, not really if you have a life.

Actually, yeah, If you have a life, the challenge is to balance that ***. Hurrdurr.

Again, you're right. It should take five minutes, at most, and the best method should be instantly understood by everyone so no one's feelings get hurt because they aren't the very first to do something new. Because, you know, that's just so much fun.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-09 10:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I had an easier time soloing for them than grouping up. I got my first from a FOV/magian manticore in Cape Teriggan, but then joined a magian alliance thinking the drop rates would improve.

Sure enough over 40 mins (when firesday ended) three crests dropped, but of course I couldn't outlot anyone lol. So after, I did some more FOV solo and one more dropped.

I decided to try for the goblin rush spell and stonega 2 scroll in N Gustaberg [ S ] near Molvapolus and got the last three within one hour. No one was there and all the goblins can drop them. In fact, aside from masks and sheepskins, they only dropped crests for me and no other seals.

So honestly I think soloing is where it's at, or at least farming with help that doesn't need them of course.
 Alexander.Kewitt
Server: Alexander
user: ginger
By Alexander.Kewitt 2010-09-09 10:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

People where on before me in my LS claiming this to be a very very rare drop I knew from reading up on it that it was a 70+ mob.

Took off to sky and got 5 in about 2 hours. Then logged into my hubby's charater and got his 5 in about 2 hours.

And one was lost becuase I full and didn't notices.

BST/DNC
WHM/BLM

maybe I just had good luck.

1132 people online
689 level 80 doesn't include anons
19 level 85
70 people level 81+
70th level 81 kewitt. 11pm MST
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I got all 5 of mine in an hour. My buddy spent 7 hours and only got one to drop. He was farming the exact same mobs as me. I don't understand ; ;
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-09 10:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
I got all 5 of mine in an hour. My buddy spent 7 hours and only got one to drop. He was farming the exact same mobs as me. I don't understand ; ;

We are all equal, but some are more equal than others.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
We are all equal, but some are more equal than others.

Lol he has maat's cap, 12 level 80 jobs, Aegis, Burtgang, Excalibur, Apoc, Yoichi, Dring, and pretty much all gear released pre 80 cap. I tried to explain his luck just ran out :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 10:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Therefore Abyssea is challenging?
/mindblown
By Halfpint 2010-09-09 10:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have read thus far.... Solo or small pts (2-3) seems to get better drops than 6 ppl ++ pt's...
Pashlow (s), Mt Z , Abyssea Kon., Cape Terrigan, different areas of Wojam Woods And Ilrusi Isle have the most reported drops..But there are probably other areas that have drops.

Here is a list of mobs and locations of confirmed drops as stated by other ppl posting on this thread:

"Puddings, Wivres in Grauberg, Great Amertat-Wojam, Defolate Treant, Skeles in Azouph, Mamools-Wojam, Magmatic Ecru, Marlboro in pash(s), Sand Cocatrice or Greater Manticore in Cape T (definitely over camped), Peiste in Pash(s)+ Goobue, Tonberries in Abyssea Kon., Pachypodiums, Ashakku, Phasma, Merrow Shadowdancer, Merrow Chantress Merrow Icedancer, Demon Elemental in Xarc (S), Seabord Vulture @ Miseraux Coast"

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-09 10:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

15 minutes as NIN/DNC while doing ToM.

Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-09 10:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly just luck but is drop rate diffrent in diffrent areas? i farmed 1.5 hrs in boyda tree and got 4 to drop then moved to cape terrigan farmed another 1.5hrs and only got 1.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-09 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, doesnt really matter atm. I'm killing these anyway for my ToM, the crests that might drop will just be a bonus. Besides, I'm still 1 merit short of beeing able to complete the quest anyway.
By Halfpint 2010-09-09 10:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

...someone said better drop rate in a big alliance but that is probably because more ppl can kill more mobs faster thus more drops in a shorter time. It'as not that the drop rate is faster, just that more mobs are beeing killed quicker.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-09-09 10:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is absolute bs, 6 hours 100mobs and only 1 drop.

*** you SE

*** YOU

YOU
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 10:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
meh, doesnt really matter atm. I'm killing these anyway for my ToM, the crests that might drop will just be a bonus. Besides, I'm still 1 merit short of beeing able to complete the quest anyway.

This is how it's done, folks.
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 10:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
...someone said better drop rate in a big alliance but that is probably because more ppl can kill more mobs faster thus more drops in a shorter time. It'as not that the drop rate is faster, just that more mobs are beeing killed quicker.
Like any seal item it follows the 5 minute rule, 1 per person every 5 RL minutes. That also helps.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-09-09 11:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone get any is Sea? @.@
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 11:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally. Good thing I was soloing pets for my trial anyways
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2010-09-09 11:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

7 hours last night, 7 drops, i only win lot of 3 of them

this morning, 2 hours zero drops

all the mobs decent challenge/even match to level 80
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 11:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

105 skeletons of my 600 skeleton TOM done. 3 crests obtained, 495 skeletons to go and 7 more crests (5 for my PL mule).

The crests are a side benefit on trying to finish this trial from hell.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 11:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and apparently I need 20 more crests for my trial GKT. You know the high damage trials that aren't empyrean? The ones that require walk of echoes coins? Yeah those require kindred crests as the newest stage.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-09 11:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They had an emergency maintenance late last night (to fix who-knows-what.) Hopefully they tweaked the drop rates for those that didn't get it yet.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12