Do NOT Be Efficient In Your Pts.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Alexander » Do NOT be efficient in your pts.
Do NOT be efficient in your pts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-09-07 00:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played with Tidus before, I can vouch for him. :3 Always came across as a reasonable guy to me.^^ Not one to post random ***anyway, so this seems legit imo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-07 00:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Was in Abyssea looking for a RDM and a one RDM's seacom said "Haste and Refresh only". Sent him a tell saying he fails, and he said it works for him and something about not wanting to do much.

That's pretty *** up, hell I'm lazy a lot but this is beyond.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-09-07 00:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if i am wrong the timestamp is kinda hard to see, but you did 4 things in 11 minutes. thunderstorm, one nuke, ate a cream puff, and sublimation.that isnt efficient that is kinda lazy, if you did that repeatedly i would boot you too.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2010-09-07 00:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1st pic took you 1 whole minute from thunderstorm to start casting Thunder IV (Ebullience appears after so either same macro or did it with 1 sec of difference). On third pic though 8 mins passed since second pic last entry. What happened on those 8 mins?
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 00:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wow this took off while i wasnt looking....i got back in another pt and made sure to mention i have several ways of getting MP back so i dont get booted. And at whoever said all i showed was him booting me, look at the first SS, i was casting literally 30 seconds before he said my MP didnt move, and literally another 30 seconds after.
[+]
 Sylph.Setokaiba
Server: Sylph
user: SetoKaiba
By Sylph.Setokaiba 2010-09-07 00:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

EtienneLoire said:
Alexander.Odaka said:
lol'd
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-07 00:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-09-07 00:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
wow this took off while i wasnt looking....i got back in another pt and made sure to mention i have several ways of getting MP back so i dont get booted. And at whoever said all i showed was him booting me, look at the first SS, i was casting literally 30 seconds before he said my MP didnt move, and literally another 30 seconds after.
Casting Thunderstorm on yourself hardly counts as doing something? In the three screen shots, over the span of 10 mins, all I seen cast was a Thunder 4? 10 mins a long time for only casting one nuke..
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 00:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Casting Thunderstorm on yourself hardly counts as doing something? In the three screen shots, over the span of 10 mins, all I seen cast was a Thunder 4? 10 mins a long time for only casting one nuke..

learn how to add, all those screenshots combined are 3-4 min

edit:2 minutes and 41 seconds
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-07 00:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the timestamp from beginning->end = 17:38 to 17:48

thats what hes talkin bout

awhh hell im goin to sleep :<
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 00:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

so he counts things he cant see....damn i shoulda just brought the entire log here. apparently the fact that he said my MP hasnt moved *at all* 30 seconds after i cast a spell isnt enough
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-07 01:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tidus, best thing I can tell you is blacklist that dude and move on.

[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-09-07 01:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually never seen your character move, it was always afk'ing right next to me in Whitegate. Definitely guilty.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 01:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i did blist him. and who afk'd by me? im not on ifrit =x
 Ifrit.Jurai
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-09-07 01:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:

learn how to add, all those screenshots combined are 3-4 min

edit:2 minutes and 41 seconds

:38 to :48 = 10 mins, no? Ya were still getting exp/curor at :48 so how can say it was only 2 mins? There is nothing that shows you doing something (another nuke etc) from :39-:48 in those shots so w/e you did or did not do in that time period I can't really say. Just saying what I've seen in the pics that are posted.

the fact that he said my MP hasnt moved *at all* 30 seconds after i cast a spell isnt enough
Casting Thunderstorm right then (maybe as he was even typing what he said) doesn't really show much. Someone can stand around and cast stuff like Thunderstorm all day and "move" their MP and not actually do anything. Saying something like "I've watched your MP for the last 5 mins and not seen it move" most likely doesn't mean he meant it as exactly that.. more of a figure of speech saying he's just noticing nothing useful being done for a while now.

--

Think I'm getting in over my head and prolly shoulda just kept my mouth shut.. oh well.. going to zz now -.-
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-07 01:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Was in Abyssea looking for a RDM and a one RDM's seacom said "Haste and Refresh only". Sent him a tell saying he fails, and he said it works for him and something about not wanting to do much.

That's pretty *** up, hell I'm lazy a lot but this is beyond.

Oh, I had a BRD botting ballad every time the timer was up in that same pt too. Made it hard to open chests or even check what was in the brown ones. They did nothing but do ballad, and we were on bats so their light sleep was important. I asked them to help sleep and they said they try, but their skill was gimp. Guess what, no sleeps happened it was so great.

Number one reason I hate frogs in the BLM pt... Elegy->Ballad Repeat... :\ can't even sleep those ***. I attempted a few times and it was: hoard -> beat to death -> RR :\

Also-- I hate when people put the chest opener in brd pts and still expect you to keep ballads up 24/7. It's either "STOP *** CASTING!!" or "WHY DON'T I HAVE BALLAD?!" Once I asked a number of times to have BLMs move away from chests and they wouldn't listen so half the time especially when you get the mark of getting chests every other mob I couldn't cast without being bitched at lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-07 01:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually had a RDM in my alliance today where that was essentially the extent of his duties. Took him a while to get the hang of it >_>;
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 01:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

well in the 2 minutes and 41 seconds that actually showed, i nuked, buffed, and restored MP(MP had to go somewhere?). We had 3 rdms, a whm, and a dnc. i was not the healer. So buffing myself for my nuke(thunderstorm with obi) is a very helpful thing. we were still doing pearl lights, so i cant cast in the last like 70%. next time ill SS the whole 10 minutes, the hour leading up to it, and the hour after it. how may screenshots can you put in one thread? maybe just a video...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-07 01:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Video would be nice.
[+]
 Alexander.Meowryu
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-09-07 07:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well in the 2 minutes and 41 seconds that actually showed, i nuked, buffed, and restored MP(MP had to go somewhere?). We had 3 rdms, a whm, and a dnc. i was not the healer. So buffing myself for my nuke(thunderstorm with obi) is a very helpful thing. we were still doing pearl lights, so i cant cast in the last like 70%. next time ill SS the whole 10 minutes, the hour leading up to it, and the hour after it. how may screenshots can you put in one thread? maybe just a video...

It's ok, too many dumbasses on our server anyways. Don't waste your time. :3
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-09-07 10:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What I wanna know is if it was an 18 ppl strong alliance, and you did everything right, and still those mean mean bullies were mean to you. Why isnt anyone from that alliacne here to back up your story?

And really, even if everything you say is true, what will you gain from QQ'ing over getting booted from aby pt?

Try taking it as a man, move on with you life.

"Da end of ze world! I gotz booted from abyssea!"

For you.

[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-07 10:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it amusing all the mages play high & mighty and for some reason think all DD's are brainless and don't know what MP or enfeebling magic is..

Get of your high horses.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to judge the OP with three screenshots of himself getting kicked. Listening to one side of the story & playing into their hands is how wars and ***start IRL.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the OP is a leech, I'm just saying their is insufficient evidence to be 'defending' or 'prosecuting' anyone.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-09-07 11:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back to the game myself. I think Abyssea is a joke. A proper Mammool merit PT is more XP at half the headache as most Abyssea alliances are (granted, well built allys with good players can destroy the old TAU camps). The typical alliance is full of gimps who would never get an invite to a decent old school merit PT unless the PT lead was desparate. I have only been in Abyssea four times, and I have seen a level 80 DRG full-timing AF, no less than three 75+ WHMs full-timing AF2, two RDMs in my PT who wouldn't refresh a SMN, and at least a dozen leeches.

In one case, the key *** would only open time and XP chests...even though he just stood there the rest of the time and never cast a single spell despite being an upper-50s SCH. He would just see what the chest was, and announce to the ally what it was if he wasn't going to open it.

With temp item spam and mobs so easy it makes colibri look like hard XP, there should be NO REASON why people suck at Abyssea...

I don't really care whether the OP was in the wrong or whether his PT lead was. My point is that lazy and ignorant people can and will *** up anything.

That said, I still enjoy being able to go SMN and main heal and damage at the same time without having to rest MP back most of the time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-07 11:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If your party is hasted and nobody in your alliance has died then you did your job.

A more pressing concern for abysea:

*** change targets to new mobs at 10% if you're the assist. You waste as much time between mobs due to disengaging as you do actually fighting them. If you don't know how to be an assist by 2010 please uninstall. Also, if you're a melee and you dont know how to target the next mob without disengaging then please uninstall as well. I can't stand slow abysea exp parties. Generally it isn't the mage's fault, its the dumb *** melee.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-07 11:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I haven't been kicked from an Abyssea party on my rdm, but my MP is damn near full all of the time too.

Difference is I get 10mp/tick refresh in Abyssea on my rdm. So in a regular exp party, I have no way of spending it all really.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 11:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I had sublimation, convert, and all the temp items. And i got booted for my MP being too high. i think some of the ppl here are missing the point. whooooooosh
By Zekko 2010-09-07 11:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

EtienneLoire said:
Zekko said:
There's a difference between efficiency and being a dumbass you know.

he was being efficient see as you do not play mage jobs, or ever played one, quiet.

I feel your pain op, people do not know ***.

Yes, you're right i dont play mage jobs.

EtienneLoire said:
ty for the rate downs zekko!

>mfw he thinks i would waste my time rating him down

[+]