Battery Charge Gimp.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Battery charge gimp.
Battery charge gimp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 19:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize theres a slew of new spells coming? Who can say what will happen, something awesome might come from them to change their opinion, and I doubt receiving less refresh would make them think any worse or better of us.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 20:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
"You can say this all you want but then I'm looking at you to find a probably summoner burned blu50 who hasn't even hit the stage of 10k tnl, If you want to talk about the experience of leveling a certain job, level it, then you can complain about complaining.

inb4 my cousin's friend knew this guy's uncle that was twice removed that rode a bus where the bus driver played blu"

Now that's just petty.

NOW I get it, looking at your other jobs its obviously just a disgruntled pup. False alarm guys.
You think you're the only job not invited?

I think you've totally missed the point of the whole discussion...and on that note im not going to say anything more on the subject.

You said that blu isnt being gimped, I'm saying it is and it isn't helping the situation blu is in, you're raging because pup doesn't get invites either and you want to be in that boat alone, and now you're trying to save face.
Think we got that all covered, what's next?

Im trying to save face, BLU is a strong job as it was..this whole discussion was about a reduced refresh rate that doesn't gimp the job.
My argument was if you want to feel under appreciated and neglected level PUP then you'll understand what its like to be last pick for everything and be overlooked in every update. Now im not going to derail this topic anymore, im sure your mature enough to leave it at that.

I think you just proved my point. It's a gimp. There's no 2 ways about it. If it wasn't a gimp they wouldn't have changed it, they certainly aren't raising it. And you bringing up this puppetmaster ***doesn't do you a lick of good as to qualifying this gimp. It was unneeded, It was unfair. Go cry in your QQ corner but know that you aren't the only one there.

Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 23:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As was said before blu's life blood is mp, the spells we get will all be better if we have more mp to cast them more often. You think all these 80+ spells are gunna be cheap?

We don't know how bad this is going to be until we know the duration increase, all we know at this point is we'll be getting lower per tic and we're all hoping it isn't 1 or 2.

Simple fact is that a gimp or nerf is something that takes something away or reduces. BY DEFINITION, this is a gimp and if we're arguing semantics then we might as well let this die.

If you think lowering our mp regeneration doesn't matter then you don't understand blu at all.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 23:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You realize theres a slew of new spells coming? Who can say what will happen, something awesome might come from them to change their opinion, and I doubt receiving less refresh would make them think any worse or better of us.
You do realize that the new usuable spells will most likely cost more mp than the current ones right? So there will be an even greater need for more mp recovery.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 23:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol worrying over nothing. Oh god! 50 mp, did you not see they are adding refresh2 and ballad 3? The only reason you would use battery charge is if there is no rdm in the pt, in other words soloing. When you are solo, there are plenty of methods to get mp back and 1 less tick or 50~ish overall mp isn't going to kill you. We will manage and it will be ok, stop being afraid.
Quote:
You do realize that the new usuable spells will most likely cost more mp than the current ones right? So there will be an even greater need for more mp recovery.

Don't be dumb, you know what I meant. It was in regards to the guy saying blu got nothing but a nerf and it will only make people think less of us. If we get some awesome spells in the next update that will change, and if you honestly think the hit to battery charge will break us, you are seriously HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 23:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I never said it would break us. I made this thread and did the math in the first couple of pages. But it is a gimp when we need a buff.

SE knows we need more mp recovery. They flat out said it at the fanfest and how they are giving us better ways to do so. But while they are giving 2 other jobs rather increased mp recovery they are gimping us... fairly unfair
 Sylph.Kwate
Server: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-04 00:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i play blu full-time, i have SAM at 80 also but never bother with it. I use blu exclusively for all events (limbus, sea, dyna, etc.), i just go different /jobs depending on the situation. While everyone seems to have a strong stance on the battery charge change (which is understandable), blu is far from gimp. Some people just want to *** and complain, if mp is a big issue with you, set "conserve mp" or just utilize better mp management.

The argument we didn't have refresh 3 months ago is a valid argument, if we were so gimped before, what made you continue to play blu? just need to be grateful we have a refresh spell and move on. Eevaluating only the negative side of this change is counter-productive as blu has been around 4 YEARS without refresh, get over it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-04 00:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I always had a rdm in tow before though. Now rdms will complain about having to refresh me. So compared to before I will get less mp, waste more time casting, and waste more set points.

Anyways a gimp is still a gimp regardless of weather you had something before. It's about improvement. Think someone said taht would be like saying it's ok if they take away walmart turban cause before we didn't have a good haste head!! Be grateful you can still use O-hat while everyone else gets to use 7 haste helmets!!
 Bahamut.Drevin
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-09-04 00:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
13 million gil down on 5 minutes.
so if you're wrong you have to change servers and give me 13mil :D
 Sylph.Lahriel
user: Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2010-09-06 08:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I am hoping that they give use some additional blue magic points for the level increase, I have found the perfect set magic points to manage on my BLU once I obtain the (2) of the Trial STR based swords.

I have been a BLU for the longest time and have seen people complain about this and that. We ALL have different play styles and we ALL believe we NEED more of this and that, if we focus more on adapting to your deficiencies you will have a better understanding on how to manage your BLU no matter what style you play.

I am excited for the new BLU spells, I compaired my gear and set-up style to Kwate but yet have had the chance to take our BLU out for a whirl.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-06 08:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing this thread and thinking its about a battery charger in the shape of a gimp ... you can guess where the batteries go. Im not even lying idk why this is coming to mind, then I remember the blu spell >.>
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-06 09:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You can somewhat liken this to refueling. Refueling is only 2/3's as good as haste, but we were still always in charge of hasting ourselves. In most situations, even though battery charge will probably about the same ratio as refueling is to haste, most of the time we'll be in charge of keeping ourselves refreshed unless you're in a lowman situation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-09-06 09:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is that refresh II will be 3 ticks for 5 mins and so will battery charge after the update, both will probably have the same or close to the same MP cost. I don't imagine refresh 2 if going to be that game breaking. Also if you look at refueling it was 10% haste but it lasted twice as long, SE probably wants to keep extend battery charge to 5 minutes with 3mp/tick just to keep things easier for blues.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-06 10:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier yes as good no. And I seriously doubt refresh II is going to just be increased duration and not potency
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 11:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Easier yes as good no. And I seriously doubt refresh II is going to just be increased duration and not potency

^ This. we're getting ballad 3 too.

This suggests SE want us to have a faster way to get MP back, for more intense fighting / higher mp cost spells.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-06 11:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
^ This. we're getting ballad 3 too.

This suggests SE want us to have a faster way to get MP back, for more intense fighting / higher mp cost spells.
In some of the old info put out around the fanfest they actually stated stuff about jobs blowing mp faster and giving us ways to do so and get it back
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-06 11:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, the fact that ballad III is coming kills that logic. The only thing ballad III could POSSIBLY be if it's not 3mp a tic is 4mp a tic lol, so ballad III and ballad II is 5mp/tic. That means there's a pretty damn good chance that refresh II will also be 5mp/tic.

Who knows, maybe they'll increase refresh roll for cor too so that it's 6mp/tic on 11 or lucky number or however it works.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-08 22:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they not gimp it? I am getting 6 Tic total atm, 1 from auto refresh another from body, 4 from battery charge.

Its lasting 5 minutes as well.

Edit

Nevermind nightfyre corrected me I had sanction on its gimped X:
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-09-08 22:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BLUs should be grateful they got their own Refresh spell in the first place... whether it's 2mp/tick or 16mp/tick, it's Refresh, and it's helping your MP pool. No more Q_Qing, it still can be used for solo play.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 00:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's the spirit ignore gimps all together cause you could have nothing /facepalm
[+]
 Phoenix.Esaias
Server: Phoenix
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2010-09-09 00:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fail
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-09-09 00:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, BLU should quit QQ'ing since you have access to both Refresh and Auto-Refresh (via spell setup) and if it is 3 MP/tick for 5 minutes, you'll still be just as good as a RDM pre Refresh II. As it was was said earlier in the thread, 3 months ago, you didn't even have your own Refresh and only had your Auto-Refresh trait from spell setups. So be happy, and enjoy your Refresh!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-09 00:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a gimp on a job that needs a buff.

Of course BLU should be QQing
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 00:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

its a slight gimp to a giant buff they got 1 update ago.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 01:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
its a slight gimp to a giant buff they got 1 update ago.
The gimp is enough to make it useless if you have a rdm and almost useless if you are /rdm. And it wasn't that huge anyways. It was merely just as good as if a rdm had refreshed you.

The other refresh jobs didn't get theres gimped. In fact they got even more refresh. Why? Cause we need more not less
[+]
 Phoenix.Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2010-09-09 01:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah what davsa said
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-09-09 01:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
It was a gimp on a job that needs a buff. Of course BLU should be QQing

I dunno... a job that needs a buff might be going a bit too far. I have done things, as have seen other BLU do things, that make other jobs cringe in anticipation to be able to do. We're a soloing machine, capable of incredible amounts of damage in a very small amount of time, making a huge difference between RDM/NIN who used to be all about time kills with DoTs. We are, after all, a very utility job in that we can mimic a vast majority of things that other jobs can do, albeit on a smaller level. With the multi-hit ToM swords, I can acquire TP almost as fast as a SAM, with a decent gear and spell arrangement I can tank fairly well, with my healing spells setup I can support heal quite efficiently, and with Battery Charge, I could keep up my spell pay out with minimal downtime.

While I do NOT agree that something given should be so quickly gimped, I do think that is yet another flag that SE should very closely examine what they decide to put into a game, both benefits and ramifications. If you need to gimp it so soon after release, its quite obvious you're just throwing ideas around and then going "OMGITSBORKEN!" Not a good way to do business.

tl;dr - BLU was good job already, but I hate gimps too
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-09 01:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
It was a gimp on a job that needs a buff. Of course BLU should be QQing

I dunno... a job that needs a buff might be going a bit too far. I have done things, as have seen other BLU do things, that make other jobs cringe in anticipation to be able to do. We're a soloing machine, capable of incredible amounts of damage in a very small amount of time, making a huge difference between RDM/NIN who used to be all about time kills with DoTs. We are, after all, a very utility job in that we can mimic a vast majority of things that other jobs can do, albeit on a smaller level. With the multi-hit ToM swords, I can acquire TP almost as fast as a SAM, with a decent gear and spell arrangement I can tank fairly well, with my healing spells setup I can support heal quite efficiently, and with Battery Charge, I could keep up my spell pay out with minimal downtime.

While I do NOT agree that something given should be so quickly gimped, I do think that is yet another flag that SE should very closely examine what they decide to put into a game, both benefits and ramifications. If you need to gimp it so soon after release, its quite obvious you're just throwing ideas around and then going "OMGITSBORKEN!" Not a good way to do business.

tl;dr - BLU was good job already, but I hate gimps too

Until the FFXI community can accept and include and want BLUs, it needs a buff. That's just my view on it.
 Phoenix.Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2010-09-09 01:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not had problem getting blu invites.
abby alliances are a dime a dozen and the chest popping MP restore items make it easy peezy.

I just never saw 4mp/tic as game breaking. I will miss it.

a moment of silence for the dead and departed refresh+1
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-09-09 01:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Until the FFXI community can accept and include and want BLUs, it needs a buff. That's just my view on it.
This has been my problem for a while, tbh. One handed swords just seem to lack the overall punch that jobs with 2 handed weapons have with their high base damage. Khanda was a step in the right direction, giving the opportunity to have two multi-hit weapons (from the standpoint of BLU) but its high-delay/low-base-damage was sort of a party killer. Watching SAM's drop 1-1.5k WS, DRKs with a 1.2-1.6k Guillotine, DRG and SAM's with 1-2.2k Penta Thrust, we simply cannot produce those numbers on a consistance basis with swords, and if I'm horribly mistaken, please correct me and help me out, because I can Vorpal 500-1k only on the best of days. My gear isn't the greatest, and I'll even access the title of mediocrity, but so too is my SAM's gear, and my BLU still cries when I see what my other jobs can do with just its melee might.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7