Battery Charge Gimp.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Battery charge gimp.
Battery charge gimp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Any negative tweak on a job already struggling to find acceptance with the general community is too much. I don't care about your then and now appreciation ***. Battery Charge now is good. Battery Charge as of this coming Wednesday is less good for no apparent reason. It's not balanced. BLU needs an upward push, not a reduction in refresh rate.

It's struggling with the community because almost 80% of BLU are complete *** gimps.... BLU is a very powerful job as is, and even better once we get more spells and traits in the upcoming updates.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 18:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
He got the point, you guys are just going overboard with it. It's a very minor change, and won't affect the current stance of Blue Mage in any way.

And it is about then and now, 3 tick or 4 tick, it's better than no Refresh at all. Indeed, 3 tick or 4 tick, Refresh II will definitely be better in every way. You won't notice an overwhelming change in BLU from this vs new spells and JA, trust me.
4/tic + new stuff > 3/tic + new stuff. If I didn't have to fight all kinds of stupid preconceptions to come BLU to events then I'd probably take it more in stride and be less vocal about my disapproval, but right now the only way I want to go is up and this feels like we just went three steps forward, one step back. Doesn't help that I don't always have a RDM.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 18:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused though, how is it such a huge nerf if we don't even know what they are going to do? Potentially it could be 3 a tick and longer duration, how would that be so bad from what we have now. 4 a tick and less duration, need to recast more often and lose out on DOT in some cases.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 18:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
He got the point, you guys are just going overboard with it. It's a very minor change, and won't affect the current stance of Blue Mage in any way.

And it is about then and now, 3 tick or 4 tick, it's better than no Refresh at all. Indeed, 3 tick or 4 tick, Refresh II will definitely be better in every way. You won't notice an overwhelming change in BLU from this vs new spells and JA, trust me.
4/tic + new stuff > 3/tic + new stuff. If I didn't have to fight all kinds of stupid preconceptions to come BLU to events then I'd probably take it more in stride and be less vocal about my disapproval, but right now the only way I want to go is up and this feels like we just went three steps forward, one step back. Doesn't help that I don't always have a RDM.

My problem is, in the near future, few will remember this day of complaining of a minor update.

This change also has no being on your LS's stance for you to come BLU to events. If you're exceptionally vocal about, and prove to be amazing on Blue Mage, people will take notice, especially in the coming updates.

To be honest, I'm much more interested in Efflux and the new spells, but that's just me. >.>

Draylo, what they are saying is that, if you maintain this current refresh constantly when it goes down, over time you are losing a decent bit of MP vs going down to 3/tick + longer duration. I've actually caught onto this earlier and mentioned it's a nerf if the new duration isn't more than 5 mins. This is why I can't personally see the new duration being anything other than 8 mins. That effectively makes it a "Composure-Refresh".
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 18:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any duration at 3 a tic will be a loss when we could have had a rdm refreshing us because yes both options give us 3 a tic refresh but one doesn't cost the blu 50 mp it costs the rdm 40.

Any situation with out a rdm, duration just makes the ratio of gained mp per cast better. Simple fact is though that it still costs 50 mp to cast, or so I assume as spell cost was not mentioned in the notes, we'll see. The longer the duration of the spell the less of a hit it causes us over all but we still loose a refresh rate. They will have to extend the duration by a lot to make up for not lowering the initial mp cost and dropping a per tic.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 18:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Any negative tweak on a job already struggling to find acceptance with the general community is too much. I don't care about your then and now ***. It's. Not. Balanced. BLU needs an upward push, not a reduction in refresh rate.

You really cant play the under appreciated job card im afraid, that's reserved for PUP.

BLU is already accepted and a strong damage dealing job...

I really think you know little to nothing about the situation blus are in in this case. Anywhere someone can put a blu, they can put a job with even more dps, If a sam is lfp and a blu is lfp, They're probably going to take the sam. You can be the best blu on your server and at this point still be outdone by the best of another type of dd. We aren't looking to surpass sam or war or any job in damage, or rdm in refreshing, or blm in magic damage , we're just looking for means to become equal. Any reduction at this point simply is another reason that person will invite that sam over that blu.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 18:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the thing with BLU though, if it's made equal to all those jobs it would be very overpowered and nerfed... How can a job be on par with a specialized job in everything they do? Equal footing on melee DD with specialized DD(sam) or magical DD (BLM) would be overpowered. Atm BLU is one of the best jobs in this game and I know a lot will disagree. We can do almost ANYTHING in this game aside from certain situations such as full out zergs on high end mobs. One would see being extremely versatile as a weakness because we can't specialize but I would say they are wrong, we do every one of those jobs very well. Nukes that are strong and regur which is pretty much hateless is awesome. Head but stun on a wide variety of things is extremely helpful, one of the best unengaged tanks, I could go on and on.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 19:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also certain events in this game BLU can very well outdmg a lot of DD. I know in the age of low mans not everyone has pocket brd+cor+dnc. Certain limbus zones that you would duo or trio, a BLU will do more dmg than any SAM. Ontop of utility spells like head butt, flashga etc, BLU is very powerful.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 19:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Any negative tweak on a job already struggling to find acceptance with the general community is too much. I don't care about your then and now ***. It's. Not. Balanced. BLU needs an upward push, not a reduction in refresh rate.

You really cant play the under appreciated job card im afraid, that's reserved for PUP.

I really think you know little to nothing about the situation blus are in in this case. Anywhere someone can put a blu, they can put a job with even more dps, If a sam is lfp and a blu is lfp, They're probably going to take the sam. You can be the best blu on your server and at this point still be outdone by the best of another type of dd. We aren't looking to surpass sam or war or any job in damage, or rdm in refreshing, or blm in magic damage , we're just looking for means to become equal. Any reduction at this point simply is another reason that person will invite that sam over that blu.

That makes no sense, 4/tic wouldn't make a BLU more appealing in the example you've put above. When making a party its usually down to the leaders preference, 1 extra tic isn't going to sway decisions...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 19:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
This change also has no being on your LS's stance for you to come BLU to events. If you're exceptionally vocal about, and prove to be amazing on Blue Mage, people will take notice, especially in the coming updates.
Honestly, it does. I play hard and earn my keep, yet time and again one line always surfaces, from within or without the ls: imagine what you could do if you took <insert job here> as seriously as you take BLU! If this update doesn't buff us on something approaching the scale of the last one, I'm going to have that on my hands all over again. Future updates are a mystery for the moment and the past is behind me; I'm concerned with what happens to BLU right now and right now I'm not seeing enough of a boost to justify an accompanying nerf. I'm going to roll with it either way, but unless we get an update on the scale of the last one yet again this is going to sting a bit, at least for the next 3 months.
Ramuh.Scizor said:
That makes no sense, 4/tic wouldn't make a BLU more appealing in the example you've put above. When making a party its usually down to the leaders preference, 1 extra tic isn't going to sway decisions...
A 5-7% increase in output and utility doesn't make a job more appealing?
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-03 19:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying this is a big OMG WTF kinda issue, but as Night has said, it's a step backwards while we should be moving up. But to be honest, blu has had a lot of useful tweaks and updates lately, more so than most jobs, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

It just strikes me as odd that they bump BRD up to 5mp/tick, RDM up to 6mp a tick I presume.. And then knock blu back down. I honestly think self refresh is something Blu should of had a long time ago. Almost every situation you are in as blu, you need refresh, everything about the job relies on your mp return, so taking a hit here DOES hurt.

Ah well.. I'm still looking forward to see what new spells / possible JAs we may get. I wouldn't be too surprised if SE actually added a 2nd tier of auto-refresh in JT's to counter this Battery Charge tweak, but if it cost 5 points or so I'd be real pissed.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 19:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You got pretty sucky friends then, my LS was the same way with BLU until I showed them what its capable of. Even if they don't feel its 100% best of the best, why not let you play it every now and again, not like it will hurt them. I really can't see a situation outside of high end zerg fights where you can't fit a competent and well geared blu.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 19:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Honestly, it does. I play hard and earn my keep, yet time and again one line always surfaces, from within or without the ls: imagine what you could do if you took <insert job here> as seriously as you take BLU! If this update doesn't buff us on something approaching the scale of the last one, I'm going to have that on my hands all over again. Future updates are a mystery for the moment and the past is behind me; I'm concerned with what happens to BLU right now and right now I'm not seeing enough of a boost to justify an accompanying nerf. I'm going to roll with it either way, but unless we get an update on the scale of the last one yet again this is going to sting a bit, at least for the next 3 months.
Ramuh.Scizor said:
A 5-7% increase in output and utility doesn't make a job more appealing?

Honestly? for how quickly things are being killed in this game, im going to say no. Unless of course, you like to be top dog on a parse.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 19:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You got pretty sucky friends then, my LS was the same way with BLU until I showed them what its capable of. Even if they don't feel its 100% best of the best, why not let you play it every now and again, not like it will hurt them. I really can't see a situation outside of high end zerg fights where you can't fit a competent and well geared blu.
They do, but I'd rather feel like they want me on BLU rather than let me come BLU. The people I care about get it, but that's a whole different story.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 19:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly this is only particularly nerfy if you are used to soloing. Beforehand, battery charge gave the exact same amount of MP as refresh being cast on you (150). It will be lower now, but if you need a refresh you are going to want a RDM to do it anyway if you're in a group, because they will have refresh 2 which will more than likely be much better than what Battery Charge is currently. That's what I think, anyway.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 19:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You really just don't get it, This isn't helping our situation, we want blu to be more attractive, and become a job people want. Gimping it, even if it is just by 1mp/tic, doesn't get us the recognition we want. If you're trying to say that we don't get invites, you think we don't know this? You think we don't want to change this?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 19:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
They do, but I'd rather feel like they want me on BLU rather than let me come BLU. The people I care about get it, but that's a whole different story.

What events are you doing where they wouldn't want a BLU? So much utility and high dmg on almost all average ***nowadays for BLU. Abyssea, all old content except high end zergs.
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-03 19:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Heh, my endgame linkshells have never been a fan of blu, but I spend most of my time in a social LS with friends I've known for a long time.. And I'm asked to come nothing but blu whenever we do something. Seriously, I get told to gtfo off of SAM.. Makes me smile haha

Also, zpam-zerg-rape-ga events like Dynamis.. I've always loved going blu. Mobs die so fast, half the time you barely get 1-2 swings in as a 2hander. As blu you can run to each mob & spam 2 spells real quick pumping out nice damage.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 19:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, ontop of keeping MP up all the time with mp drainkiss and weather, utility spells like flash for mnks, nukes for statue or thief and paladin.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 19:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
What events are you doing where they wouldn't want a BLU? So much utility and high dmg on almost all average ***nowadays for BLU. Abyssea, all old content except high end zergs.
Pretty much everything, though Salvage is on the side with some friends. Ironic that one of the least BLU-friendly events is one I frequently go BLU to (ZR spam gogogo).
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Honestly? for how quickly things are being killed in this game, im going to say no. Unless of course, you like to be top dog on a parse.
Then why do you care at all? Bring the 3/5 AF BST and the full Perle WAR.

And no, I don't much care about damage parses when on BLU... but I do care about how much I'm contributing to the group and how that's perceived by others.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 19:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You really just don't get it, This isn't helping our situation, we want blu to be more attractive, and become a job people want. Gimping it, even if it is just by 1mp/tic, doesn't get us the recognition we want. If you're trying to say that we don't get invites, you think we don't know this? You think we don't want to change this?

No you seem to misunderstand, your trying to say BLU is neglected and under appreciated when in fact its not. If you want to feel neglected level PUP then you can have something to complain about.

BLU has not been gimped...

[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 19:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

No you seem to misunderstand, your trying to say BLU is neglected and under appreciated when in fact its not. If you want to feel neglected level PUP then you can have something to complain about.

BLU has not been gimped...

You can say this all you want but then I'm looking at you to find a probably summoner burned blu50 who hasn't even hit the stage of 10k tnl, If you want to talk about the experience of leveling a certain job, level it, then you can complain about complaining.

inb4 my cousin's friend knew this guy's uncle that was twice removed that rode a bus where the bus driver played blu
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 19:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"You can say this all you want but then I'm looking at you to find a probably summoner burned blu50 who hasn't even hit the stage of 10k tnl, If you want to talk about the experience of leveling a certain job, level it, then you can complain about complaining.

inb4 my cousin's friend knew this guy's uncle that was twice removed that rode a bus where the bus driver played blu"

Now that's just petty.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 19:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I will agree that BLU is most definitely neglected and under appreciated because people like Thornny, but they are mistaken on what a good BLU is capable of.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 19:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
"You can say this all you want but then I'm looking at you to find a probably summoner burned blu50 who hasn't even hit the stage of 10k tnl, If you want to talk about the experience of leveling a certain job, level it, then you can complain about complaining.

inb4 my cousin's friend knew this guy's uncle that was twice removed that rode a bus where the bus driver played blu"

Now that's just petty.

NOW I get it, looking at your other jobs its obviously just a disgruntled pup. False alarm guys.
You think you're the only job not invited?

[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 19:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:

Now that's just petty.

NOW I get it, looking at your other jobs its obviously just a disgruntled pup. False alarm guys.

I think you've totally missed the point of the whole discussion...and on that note im not going to say anything more on the subject.
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-03 19:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu has the same problems as all the other under-appreciated jobs, you get retards who play the "I R UNDER APPRECIATED! BUT I R RLY UBER YA? LOOK AT MEH DISSERVEREEREMENTZZZZZ!" that just put the job down. Not only that, but blu is one of the more complex jobs to play.. So when you get the "One Gear Set For All Situations Because I R Lazy" people playing blu, you notice them tping & casting in a combination of AF body, Ohat, Serket Ring, AF feet and attack earrings, making for a cluster *** on omgwhatisthisidonteven train compared to them on other jobs where they're lacking in say.. TPing in a str rather than acc ring. It's much more noticeable.

And all the egotism is just like all the PUPs who claim they out DD SAMs & WARs.

That being said, pretty much everyone I know who I would class as a 'decent' player recognises that Blu is situationally a powerful job. It's just too bad you get that total retards out there who for some reason still think Blu can't do nyzul lmfao.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 19:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

Now that's just petty.

I think you've totally missed the point of the whole discussion...and on that note im not going to say anything more on the subject.

You said that blu isnt being gimped, I'm saying it is and it isn't helping the situation blu is in, you're raging because pup doesn't get invites either and you want to be in that boat alone, and now you're trying to save face.
Think we got that all covered, what's next?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-03 19:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Blu has the same problems as all the other under-appreciated jobs, you get retards who play the "I R UNDER APPRECIATED! BUT I R RLY UBER YA? LOOK AT MEH DISSERVEREEREMENTZZZZZ!" that just put the job down. Not only that, but blu is one of the more complex jobs to play.. So when you get the "One Gear Set For All Situations Because I R Lazy" people playing blu, you notice them tping & casting in a combination of AF body, Ohat, Serket Ring, AF feet and attack earrings, making for a cluster *** on omgwhatisthisidonteven train compared to them on other jobs where they're lacking in say.. TPing in a str rather than acc ring. It's much more noticeable.

And all the egotism is just like all the PUPs who claim they out DD SAMs & WARs.

That being said, pretty much everyone I know who I would class as a 'decent' player recognises that Blu is situationally a powerful job. It's just too bad you get that total retards out there who for some reason still think Blu can't do nyzul lmfao.

This has to do with it too, but I'm done trying to impress the idiots who think that blu is useless, and am just saying that this isn't going to get blu more recognition in the eyes of people who don't want you on blu for most things because something else is better. Maybe this is moot because nothing will change but I still hope that something will be done to improve this before 99.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 19:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

Now that's just petty.

You said that blu isnt being gimped, I'm saying it is and it isn't helping the situation blu is in, you're raging because pup doesn't get invites either and you want to be in that boat alone, and now you're trying to save face.
Think we got that all covered, what's next?

Im not trying to save face, BLU is a strong job as it was..this whole discussion was about a reduced refresh rate that doesn't gimp the job.
My argument was if you want to feel under appreciated and neglected level PUP then you'll understand what its like to be last pick for everything and be overlooked in every update. Now im not going to derail this topic anymore, im sure your mature enough to leave it at that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7