Recent Bannings Make You Paranoid?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Recent bannings make you paranoid?
Recent bannings make you paranoid?
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 04:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i hear, these people got banned for abuseing game mechanics. People do this all the time. Like imagine if square decided to boot everyone who abuses Dbox loops. those are technically under the same field. or the moghouse tele taxi trick.
I dunno i get paranoid alot because im funding my relic with spam cooking and ive had a pew people tell me they thought i was an RMT so i'm just all paranoid now. I know people who fish every day who are the same. Recently ive had synths in lower jeuno mysteriously get interrupted by seemingly nothing, and then i get paranoid ive triggered some anti rmt crafting survalence device and im gonna get GMDaved any minute. I even had a nightmare about it recently.

Is anyone else now paranoid ?
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-25 05:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Na :] i was only paranoied for about 5 months. when i got hacked <.< I refused to log out of POl/FFXI char. slection

[Don't ask me why i don't know why i thought that would help lol]

don't worry bout getting baned rly.

long as your not you know. forcing the game to drop 5 x armors from an (event)

Or crafting X item with X# of synth results *999 cookies on Hq3 instead of 99*

if you think you "triped/found a bug" just report it. lol if you really think thats what it is.

and i don't think this new system SE has in plance is like Gunning for you so don't stress it
 Valefor.Dhantesu
Server: Valefor
user: Dhantesu
By Valefor.Dhantesu 2009-01-25 05:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you just need to get out some >_> (and by get out... I mean out of your actual house) not mog house
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-25 05:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't make me paranoid.

Don't cheat and you won't get banned. What's there to get paranoid about?
 Sylph.Vandalien
Server: Sylph
user: Vandalien
By Sylph.Vandalien 2009-01-25 06:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't abuse game mechanics, they exploited a glitch that duped items and then tried to keep it quiet so that Squeenix wouldn't find out and fix it.
 Remora.Chairo
Server: Remora
user: Chairo
By Remora.Chairo 2009-01-25 06:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like any other game there are glitches to take advantage of and exploit but the most for doing so would be a temp suspension... I think SE went overboard with perma banning them, seriously SE must have some serious no tolerance system going on here. *** this the only mmo I played where I actually got sent to jail or penalized for monopolizing a part of the AH...
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 08:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ewwwww...define "monopolisation" o.o
did i mention i make ALOT of food? >.>
 Fairy.Poostaru
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-25 10:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Won't make me paranoid.

Don't cheat and you won't get banned. What's there to get paranoid about?

For come reason Wooooodum seems to be always right about these things..... >.>
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-25 10:38:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Chairo said:
Just like any other game there are glitches to take advantage of and exploit but the most for doing so would be a temp suspension... I think SE went overboard with perma banning them, seriously SE must have some serious no tolerance system going on here. *** this the only mmo I played where I actually got sent to jail or penalized for monopolizing a part of the AH...

The fact that those banned KNEW it was wrong and continued to do it without saying anything was what was wrong.
If it just happened and someone said something immidiately, it wouldn't be an issue.
They got what they deserved.
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-01-25 11:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chairo said:

Well... first of all, this was more than a small glitch. They were using it to take one piece of "rare" gear and turning it into five. This is gear SE meant to be hard to get... Not to mention, they were specifically trying to make sure SE didn't find out about the glitch.

Second, not everyone got permabanned. In fact, very few were perma. Most were temp bans. My guess is only serious cases and/or leaders who made sure the dupe happened got the permaban.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-25 12:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to be paranoid. Don't engage in rmt activity or cheat, and you will be fine. Even if you make a lot of food, as you say, GM's can still look in your logs and see what you are doing with it. Woodum is right, despite the trolling Mabrook. They cheated, they knew it was wrong, they got justly punished. Don't cheat and you won't get punished, end of story.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-25 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't cheat and you won't get banned...there's no rules against cooking as much as you want. When I was skilling up on Sandorian Teas, I musta made like 100+ of those things in one sitting, all my mules were overflowing for WEEKS...
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-01-25 13:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Crezelda said:
ive had a pew people tell me they thought i was an RMT so i'm just all paranoid now
I get that too man. And yeah, I get paranoia as well. Here's to hoping SE is a little more reasonable w/ future bans. I wouldn't be surprised if they had creased eyebrows right now, seriously wondering if they'd done the right thing this week. I hope, at least.

Post deleted by User.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-25 13:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Crezelda said:
Ive had a few people tell me they thought i was an RMT so i'm just all paranoid now

I know what you mean, on the Fairy server apparently there was a char named Numbertwo that was a gilseller back in the day. Of course, I didn't know that when I started playing, so it's led to some interesting "conversations" with people (#2 was my rl nickname at work, as I was the 3rd in command, it's a star trek thing if u dont know lol). At any rate, yeah, at first I was worried about someone accusing me and me getting banned even though I was innocent, but as time went on I relaxed. For one, if I was a gilseller I'd be fired because I'm the poorest mofo on Fairy.

The *** isn't even that, I could explain anything I do to a GM and be fine, I'm sure...the *** is the *** players on Fairy that just assume I AM a gilseller right off the bat and do the rudest ***to me. Like shouting for a raise and getting told to go *** myself, or /shouting through the whole zone telling EVERYONE not to help me...it was enough that I had to change all my /seacoms to I AM NOT A FREAKING GILSELLER #2 IS MY NICKNAME /TELL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS KTHXBAI...it's worked so far :)

Anyways, sorry for my rant, it just reminded me of my own situation a bit...
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-25 13:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Worrying cause's stress. Stress is bad~ d=

My attitude in FFxi - Yea this is fun n stuff If for some random reason SE decides to ban me, So be it. Its not directly in my control if i didn't cause it.

I've been called an RMT. So what. That means your doing it right then. I owned Leaping Lizzy, I was called an RMT. I owned Valkurm emperor, I was called an RMT. I dominate the hedgehog pie, rabbit pie and Carbona (sp) industry, I was called an RMT. If people want to flap their gums and complain, let them. the more they complain, cry and wine the richer you get. Give them some complimentary Signed Cheese. On the house from both of us man, haha =)

Carefree, carefree. Listen to some nice relaxing music! Its what i do.
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-25 13:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Your fine little rmt
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-01-25 13:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya... everyone things everyone is an RMT. I'll be sitting there fishing and get /tells from people calling me a fish bot. I've even gotten two GM calls AT LEAST placed against me for it because I have gotten /tells from GMs.

GM: Greetings fisher Memimi! Could you please stop fishing for a moment.
I stop
Me: Okay.
GM: Thank you! Have a nice day.

Memimi said:
Ya... everyone things everyone is an RMT. I'll be sitting there fishing and get /tells from people calling me a fish bot. I've even gotten two GM calls AT LEAST placed against me for it because I have gotten /tells from GMs.

GM: Greetings fisher Memimi! Could you please stop fishing for a moment.
I stop
Me: Okay.
GM: Thank you! Have a nice day.

I haven't gotten /t from GM yet, but I've had numerous people call me a fish bot and threaten to GM me... Most from noobs when I was skilling on Yellow Globes, and catching 2-3 at a time from my lure. "zomg u cant fish up moar then 1 fish at a time im calling gm you rmt!"

I think the only real reason for anyone to worry, if at all, would be if someone who doesn't like you, convinces a GM you're RMT or some crap.

Other than that... don't cheat/bot/whatever and you won't get banned. lol

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-01-25 16:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I got called an RMT once too. There were no Yagudo Drinks on AH at one time a while back so that was my chance to make money =P. I drove up the price 2k and called it good. I did this for about 2 hours and I swear at least 4 people "/tell"ed me getting mad at me and calling me RMT. You just can't make good money without being called RMT is seems to me >_>
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-01-25 16:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ask me, the banning of these people will be good for SE, it has people talking and now alot of people who may have thought about boting/cheating etc from doing so.

It will keep the honest players honest(haha who hasnt thought about how nice it would be to have all gil/items you could from time to time) because they dont want to lose their character, who they put months if not years into.

A few well placed, high lvl bannings has put the fear of cheating back into alot of peoples hearts i'd wager.
 Pandemonium.Maxx
user: Maxx
By Pandemonium.Maxx 2009-01-25 16:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With gil as hard to make at lower levels, people tend to be bitter and abrasive over smart business decisions such as inflating the price on Yagudo drinks when the AH has none available.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-25 17:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a friend who got temp ban because he farmed too much. its really screwed, but yeah, everytime he was on he was farming for this or that piece of gear, i think his highest job was mid 50ish or so. And he wanted the best gear he could buy, this guy really was honest, farming countless of hours to get gil for his gear. Someone reported him, and they banned him for 72 hrs. After that though, he did buy gil sayin: "hey wtf, if they are gonna ban me for beeing honest and farm, i might as well buy the gil. Atleast then if they ban me again, there's a reason for it" sad but true.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-25 17:14:50

Unfortunately GMs (contrary to popular belief!) are human too and thus are subject to poor judgment and utter lack of moderation, sense of duty, or fair investigation into matters before taking serious action.
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 17:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol true, but isnt a dbox loop the same thing? skimp out on expensive mules and gobby bags ect.

and yah i make 30+ stacks of sushi a day since they cleaned out the sushi rmt in september. I have mules in every town who take 95% of the buisness in those small towns ( 2-3k above jeuno price so its not like im not leaving room for people to undercut me)

recently the sushi market crashed so i tried out making pizza... i forgot it didnt stack and now ive ended up with 40 stacks of cheeze alone.... ( from one and a half stacks of trumpet shells for the Co2)

....im gonna be making pizza for a long time now
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-25 17:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Memimi said:
Chairo said:
Well... first of all, this was more than a small glitch. They were using it to take one piece of "rare" gear and turning it into five. This is gear SE meant to be hard to get... Not to mention, they were specifically trying to make sure SE didn't find out about the glitch. Second, not everyone got permabanned. In fact, very few were perma. Most were temp bans. My guess is only serious cases and/or leaders who made sure the dupe happened got the permaban.

Or its players who already have been banned from something else, and SE uses the 3 strikes method (1st strike = warning, 2nd strike = 3 day vacation, 3rd strike and you are out!)

If that was the case, then those who got banned did something else horrible (enough to get to strike 2) when they did this, and ended up getting chunked because of this.
 Pandemonium.Maxx
user: Maxx
By Pandemonium.Maxx 2009-01-25 17:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Crezelda said:
lol true, but isnt a dbox loop the same thing? skimp out on expensive mules and gobby bags ect.

Well, if I'm not mistaken you can hold items labelled Rare with the Dbox. So assuming this is true and you are able to hold onto 2 Rare items via Dbox and inventory. I'd say you're abusing a programming flaw.
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess if all else fails a GM will peep in my inventory, and realise Ebisu + 50 mil in currency != rmt, just = someone with OCD ( i actually have that, it prolly helps with the day in, day out work XD)

You know you need help when you have no life in FFXI... the game where people with no lives go to live out thier dreams...
First Page 2